Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:10:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL] ZERGPOOL.com - Multialgo, autoexchange, 0.5% fee, 250+ coins  (Read 57355 times)
pinpins (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:59:56 PM

Lessons learned.
1. Increased time for coin earnings to mature, so we have time to fix orphans etc...
2. Because of SPARK fork some received wrongly earned BTC - additional adjustment to balance made, leading to minus for some of you, as payments already done earlier. Don't be surprised

Entire pool was going to minus because of don't earned money, I already covered 0.1BTC from my own, but rest I have to adjust. Thank you understanding, and fingress crossed for no more forks..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adi1969

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:03:51 PM

Hi,

just see that my balance drop to minus, whats happen?Huh??

Comment on the Pool

Lessons learned. 1. Increased time for coin earnings to mature, so we have time to fix orphans etc... 2. Because of SPARK fork some received wrongly earned BTC - additional adjustment to balance made, leading to minus for some of you, as payments already done earlier at 19:00 CET. Dont be surprised
makkeiczik

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:13:05 PM

2. Because of SPARK fork some received wrongly earned BTC - additional adjustment to balance made, leading to minus for some of you, as payments already done earlier. Don't be surprised
Were balances adjusted twice today? According to graph of my wallet, my balance decreased twice today. Is it correct?
1JhgRMZGWtBAXX1T7zimzKtUy9rXBpm9Mh
pinpins (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 08:15:47 PM

Were balances adjusted twice today? According to graph of my wallet, my balance decreased twice today. Is it correct?

Yes, first drop in green line is when I prevent wrong earnings to convert to balance, managed to remove them.

Second adjustment I did just now was to fix amount which managed to transform to balance.

If you have a look at graph you had rapid grow in pending(green) and the same rapid grow after 8 hurs in balance(blue) copying pattern of growth.

So that rapid growth in balance (blue) should not be happening because of SPARK fork.... And this is what I have adjusted just now. Given that many of you recieved payments for this earlier- you will see minus at some balances.

minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:33:41 PM

Yes, first drop in green line is when I prevent wrong earnings to convert to balance, managed to remove them.

Second adjustment I did just now was to fix amount which managed to transform to balance.

If you have a look at graph you had rapid grow in pending(green) and the same rapid grow after 8 hurs in balance(blue) copying pattern of growth.

So that rapid growth in balance (blue) should not be happening because of SPARK fork.... And this is what I have adjusted just now. Given that many of you recieved payments for this earlier- you will see minus at some balances.

Whoa, stop right there. We are using your pool, your software, if a fork happened that is at your expense. Please credit back my earnings...we still have to pay for our electricity whilst you had us mining rubbish.
Please re-imburse withing 24 hours.

This is your lesson to learn, not ours.
J
papacheal

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:55:18 PM

Whoa, stop right there. We are using your pool, your software, if a fork happened that is at your expense. Please credit back my earnings...we still have to pay for our electricity whilst you had us mining rubbish.

J

Context is important here: you are mining on a new pool being managed by a single guy who is making 0% fees. He is paying for the IT behind the pool from his own pocket and essentially offering you a free proxy to mine cooperatively. I would understand your point of view if this were an established large pool making piles of $ for it's owner, but that is just not the case. Pinpins is busting his ass to create his own custom pool for us and trying to cater to the new users as best he can. This includes adding low difficulty and new coins that are prone to "misbehaving".

In the case above, you were paid with BTC that you didn't actually earn and likely came out of his own pocket. He is using the available technology to predict, as best he can, what you will eventually get paid for mining a coin. Until those coins or exchanged BTC end up in the pool coffers it isn't real and, as we've seen over the last few weeks, there is a lot that can go wrong. Altcoins can be fickle beasts.

There are bound to be growing pains associated with new pools; if you are worried about wasted hashrates for a single day, stick to the giant established pools who will happily take 1-2% off the top of your earnings and won't be as flexible with pool structure. I prefer the small pool "feel" and ability to directly mine a coin directly or not via his custom "mc=" flag, which is rare.

I'm happily earning myself back out of the "BTC red" right now and will continue mining here because of the tireless effort Pinpins is putting in to try to make his site user-friendly (does this guy ever sleep?).
Eneen

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:01:36 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 10:07:11 PM by Eneen

J

Context is important here: you are mining on a new pool being managed by a single guy who is making 0% fees. He is paying for the IT behind the pool from his own pocket and essentially offering you a free proxy to mine cooperatively. I would understand your point of view if this were an established large pool making piles of $ for it's owner, but that is just not the case. Pinpins is busting his ass to create his own custom pool for us and trying to cater to the new users as best he can. This includes adding low difficulty and new coins that are prone to "misbehaving".

In the case above, you were paid with BTC that you didn't actually earn and likely came out of his own pocket. He is using the available technology to predict, as best he can, what you will eventually get paid for mining a coin. Until those coins or exchanged BTC end up in the pool coffers it isn't real and, as we've seen over the last few weeks, there is a lot that can go wrong. Altcoins can be fickle beasts.

There are bound to be growing pains associated with new pools; if you are worried about wasted hashrates for a single day, stick to the giant established pools who will happily take 1-2% off the top of your earnings and won't be as flexible with pool structure. I prefer the small pool "feel" and ability to directly mine a coin directly or not via his custom "mc=" flag, which is rare.

I'm happily earning myself back out of the "BTC red" right now and will continue mining here because of the tireless effort Pinpins is putting in to try to make his site user-friendly (does this guy ever sleep?).

+1

Besides, this have happend also on zpool.ca I think.
Klein80

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:19:35 PM

https://picload.org/view/ddwagpgw/ou.png.html

https://picload.org/view/ddwagpda/ou2.jpg.html

Pending/Normal ok -> 0.01
Really make -> 0.001
(10% from 100%)

Verry not fine...

Ok, thank you for your work... its a nice Pool.
Please make 0.5-2% Fee + no so problems...
Better 0.5-2% Fee pay as so problem...

Thank you for your Support and more.

minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:34:22 PM

J

Ok "holds hands up"
Right Mr pinpins - i stand by my first statement - your problem, your loss, not ours....HOWEVER

I only came across you last night, can't remember how,can't even remember where my search started, a neoscrypt miner i think, but it was via github and SniffDog fork package, and i basically ran it, and then looked at where it was mining, and ended up at your pool.

I ran the "light" version, and next i was mining, and earning.
I basically saw it was working so left it running for many hours....i just assumed you were a long established pool

That said, now i have seen your "ann" and read a little about what you are actually trying to do, and how new the pool is, i have to give credit where it's due.
Well done! I didn't even notice it was zero fee.
So as i say i stand by my original outburst, but i also apologise for being a "bull in a china shop".
You are trying to achieve a pool, like the ones i used to mine years ago (they all disapperared) and i can only wish you great luck in doing that.
Please push forward knowing that rather than knock your pool, i will actually promote it positively to people who ask me.
Teething troubles are inevitable, so lets push forward together.
Looking forward to being able to point my mixed rig at your pool (Nvidia and AMD). Now that would be ace.

J
BTW Mr papacheal, Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways Smiley Glad you did.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:52:58 PM

Ok "holds hands up"
Right Mr pinpins - i stand by my first statement - your problem, your loss, not ours....HOWEVER
That said, now i have seen your "ann" and read a little about what you are actually trying to do, and how new the pool is, i have to give credit where it's due.
Well done! I didn't even notice it was zero fee.
So as i say i stand by my original outburst, but i also apologise for being a "bull in a china shop".
BTW Mr papacheal, Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways Smiley Glad you did.

I have to admit I was just about to post something very similar to your rant after seeing about 35% of my last 5 days of mining get vaporized, but papacheal made a compelling case to not go on the warpath...

That said, I gave Zergpool a try because pinpins promoted it in the Trezarcoin thread and I liked that it is one of the few auto-exchange pools that has this coin (which I mine every now and then already). So I feel a bit more justified in feeling that your original point still holds - Zergpool may be new, but just like I had to learn the hard way about hard forks and mistyping wallet addresses and rigs crashing right after I went to bed, etc., pinpins needs to learn about software/coding that can block a port on his pool when a coin forks or otherwise orphans.

And like my mom always drilled into me as a kid, you only get one chance to make a first impression.

nitrobg

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:11:15 PM

Entire pool was going to minus because of don't earned money, I already covered 0.1BTC from my own, but rest I have to adjust. Thank you understanding, and fingress crossed for no more forks..

Please just adjust the fee to 0.5 or 1%, it is fine and we don't really mind as long as the pool is stable, the issues are resolved in time and/or the losses are reimbursed by the owner's fee. Note that as the userbase grows, you will encounter very serious performance issues and probably will get regular DDOS attacks. You need the fee, but just don't do any hidden fees, we all know the zpool's reputation.

Keep adding the fresh neoscrypt coins, perhaps drop the unprofitable ones after a week or so, and you'll be set.
I'm mining on your pool and it seems good so far. Getting higher profit compared to ahash and refinery.
icolsuineg

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 10:59:49 PM

Please just adjust the fee to 0.5 or 1%, it is fine and we don't really mind as long as the pool is stable, the issues are resolved in time and/or the losses are reimbursed by the owner's fee. Note that as the userbase grows, you will encounter very serious performance issues and probably will get regular DDOS attacks. You need the fee, but just don't do any hidden fees, we all know the zpool's reputation.

Keep adding the fresh neoscrypt coins, perhaps drop the unprofitable ones after a week or so, and you'll be set.
I'm mining on your pool and it seems good so far. Getting higher profit compared to ahash and refinery.
Compared to ahash, Zpool reputation should be of pure angelic devotion to miners Smiley

See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2835350

♦♦♦ CRYPTUMCOIN ♦♦♦
Miner and trade-centric Equihash-based cryptocurrency
Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:27:43 AM

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
donny15

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:20:16 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 01:41:49 AM by donny15

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server
1 week mining with my home PC  Angry
LVAPfdP5HAQStczrFePQ8WVivZ4X9JSGts
 Huh  Huh  Shocked
robl450

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:19:41 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 05:10:51 AM by robl450

Pool worth nothing if you can't connect.  The three major pools I can always connect.

EDIT: this has been down for hours now.  Is this running at the person's house? A server running in a datacenter should never be down this long.
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:43:10 AM

Pool worth nothing if you can't connect.  The three major pools I can always connect.

EDIT: this has been down for hours now.  Is this running at the person's house? A server running in a datacenter should never be down this long.

Maybe he cashed out  Roll Eyes
126vova

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:51:39 AM

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server
In an empty whole night, the asiki,today there should have been a payment for several days of mining Grin Grin Grin
Cepвep пoшёл пo пиздe и бaбки cкopee вceгo пpoпaдyт....дeлaeм вывoды гocпoдa!
pinpins (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 05:56:09 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 06:38:14 AM by pinpins

One of the disks in array crashed overight. Now working to bring it up on backup disk.

There should not be any a loss of data

ETA 2-4 hours
126vova

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:02:52 AM

One of the disks in array crashed overight. No working to bring it up on backup disk.

There should not be any a loss of data

ETA 2 hours
when the server and site will work
pinpins (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 06:52:00 AM

UPDATE:

I completely understand frustration, and you can't imagine how was I frustrated in a monring. Have no idea why I was given with some many challenges from beginning, but will try to stay professional and the update as following.

Currently machine is being restored on backup disk, once it is done I will bring it up on backup disks, they are slower, but should not be an impact for end user.
Meanwhile we will be back online, I will prepare spare disks in main array and will prepare system to boot there. And will swap later to production machine

The state we will restore will be time of crash, which is 8hours ago.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: