Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:19:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5459 times)
waveguide

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:12:14 AM

In my own opinion, I think telegram is just one criteria to know how successful an project is going to be.

Other factors you need to consider are the activeness of the developers, the total supply of the coin, the use case and the roadmap of the project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AravinthP

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 08:13:47 AM

sounds like a easily corruptible measure of the success..i would prefer something else

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
mnafta

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:18:27 AM

Telegram is an excellent tool for building communities. However, an ICO needs much more than just a good telegram community to be successful. I've discovered that using telegram along with bots to manage FAQ and bounties, for example, is an amazing combination. I also find that it is much more effective than Slack in terms of intuitiveness. With that said, I still like Slack for its versatility and project management capabilities.

I think Telegram + Slack / Discord is a good combination for bilateral communications between a crypto and its community, while Twitter is good for buzz-building and announcements.

jekanmasin

Activity: 240
Merit: 11

Be Positive Always!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:18:38 AM

its depend how active dev are answering all investors question. it also depend how active is the group. the team project also must be very active to give a new info about their project in telegram and to make sure telegram didnt died just like that. this also giving the good look to the investors of how serious are their with their project up.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:22:01 AM

Telegram nowadays is huge communications instrument. But number of participants does´t mean that project will be successful. I saw group fro one project, where from 25k users, 19 were bots.. just for big number  Cheesy
Other criteria who are all those users, if someone just came because of huge promised airdrop, or investors.. it depends. But anyway, telegram definitely help out ICO´s
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:22:33 AM

Telegram is like the front or the face of most ICOs, its a means to advertise and sell your product, and also explain how things work there. It does play a big role to your ICO being successful too.
DiNamO

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:24:52 AM

Telegram is most likely a proven method to gather less bots and more convinced peopled. Also it has a lot of advantages, it does not competes with social network because it's made for somewhat different purpose. You can gather and inform people with using another stream of data, which should not be completely relied on, but should be considered as an indicator for things like ico success and so forth.
afrasiyab

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:26:22 AM

yes i think so, count of members and active persons effects the success of ICO.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:28:55 AM

Telegram has become a force we must reckon with. No thanks to slack insecurity and porous platform that allow bots to steal personal info and users fund. I will personally prefer slack because of its design, but now we all have to be on telegram while your number is expose

3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:29:57 AM

Yes but it depends on alot of factors. Suppose there are 30000 members in a telegram group but members are inactive like only 100 messages a day total. Thus is definately a bad sign it might be the birds are paid accounts. If a telegram group has only 10,000 members but they are very active asking with the admins then this is the sign of a good project.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:32:14 AM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/
It is just part of knowing the project, an actual source of information for the investors if the project will succeed or not. Because in telegram you can monitor how the dev is active discussing with potential investors. But some ico were successful even the group doesn't talk much about the project with the investors like meetip.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
JainaVsUther
Copper Member

Activity: 123
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:35:04 AM

Not really, I personally invested a lot in AChain whilst it was up, only to see it go crashing down this last week over 60%. The telegram is very active however like most telegrams it's simply filled with speculators discussing price and exchanges, with little discussion about the actual project itself. I prefer discord where specific channels for speculation are kept separate to the main channels relating to the core project discussion. For me Telegram is just a flood of speculators.

Disgruntled ICO promoter. Looking to bring some professionalism to the industry if anyone is interested.
rh154c0d3

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:13:13 AM

My only question is: why Telegram? Why did it become the de facto main platform for ICOs? Why not discord for example?

I would argue that both Telegram and Discord are measures of a successful crypto ecosystem. Investors use both to research a platform. talk with the developers and decide whether to invest their hard earned capital. Discord is starting to displace Slack since Slack is known to have security vulnerabilities.

I agree. I personally prefer Discord over Telegram (because of how simple it is, doesn't need phone number, more privacy, user interface, etc).

Also generally, the more platforms - the better right? Just have everything just in case, why not? Maybe except slack though like you mentioned.  Grin
for me personally, phone number is one of important thing to prevent fake account/fake person.
desertx

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:18:24 AM

I don't think so because if a coin fails it's Telegram could still be huge even though it's irrelevant.
but if the chat does not have bots, but only real people, then this is a very important indicator

am⟲n.tech | Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases
| Public ICO, LIVE NOW! ($4 Million + already raised) | Get 25% Bonus + FREE Gold Card |
boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 10:24:13 AM

Is a great indicator to see the success of an ICO, if a telegram has 10k to 20k participants it indicate how investors and participants have subscribe to it and the believe that it will be a good ICO. Not only Telegram, twitter and facebook is also a good indicator.

8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:24:44 AM

I don't think it guarantees its success but it's a good tool to get to know the team and keep up to date on how,what and when about the project/ICO. I like to join a telegram of a ICO i'm interested in as do most investors I think.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:28:55 AM

I think it may be true because now many projects discuss in Telegram. if the group members are huge it means that many people are  interested in the project.
Listen to my number one fan a.k.a digaran2, if a project has a huge Telegram members, it means that you can trust their *devs, you can trust their members too, because it is impossible to have fake accounts. you could buy numbers and activate your accounts for $0.2 per number.

Project itself doesn't matter, only Telegram users, I'm going to expand advertisements for activity tokens on Telegram, do you think Telegram has any replay protection?

🖤😏
cryptonianz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:56:21 PM

Telegram is important when it comes to marketing and supporting. It's a bridge to the community that wants to participate in ICOs.
europesss

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:03:31 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/
No , I only care the project ,like it is good or not , what's problem it will solve , does it has a product  ?Telegram member , never think about it.
Lora_ng15

Activity: 452
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:49:29 PM

I don't advise the number of people in Telegram to consider orentiry because participants can be bought (most often and occurs)

┈┈┈┈┈ WOWSECRET┈┈┈┈┈
● In WowSecret we trust ●
┈┈┈┈┈ https://www.wow-secret.com ┈┈┈┈┈
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: