Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:37:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HSRMINER Neoscrypt Fork by Justaminer - New Version!  (Read 13352 times)
Just_a_miner (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:23:25 PM

Hello!
Have you ever thought of doing a version for linux?
thanks

Hi, linux version is not possible with this fork as there is no sources.

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SCSI2

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:16:32 PM

Current version (3/1) crashes with "unable to start correctly 0xc000007b". Even when started without arguments, with or without arguments does not matter.
Both the 'hp' version and the normal version. Using 1070ti's, not OC-ed. But this does not matter as the app crashes before even looking for cards.
Windows 10, latest updates.

I need more info, type winver in cmdline and tell me what windows version it shows - (OS Builds xxxxx.xxx)

BTW, you guys better don't update Windows 10 that often, do you really thinks MS optimize it for mining rigs? All what they are doing is adding another layer of telemetry and some crappy interface tweaks, usually breaking software compatibility along the way. One of my rigs still use W10 Anniversary edition - and it's stable and gives same hashrate as one with newer Win10 Ver 1709 I had to install for debugging crash in old version of the miner.

BTW, more often than not the guys don't control windows update and get forced update to the next major build without even knowing it.

BTW #2: Next big update comes out real soon. https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-redstone-4-changelog

In addition to the boatload of telemetry and crappy UI they manage to fix a metric ton of bugs you didn't even know existed. And I beg to disagree on lack of optimizations for mining rigs. See bullet #39 in the article I linked above... It clearly states: "The user's profile picture is now showcased in Cortana's hamburger menu."

On a serious note, each major Win10 update comes with a bunch on new drivers, including GPU drivers, which will sometimes improve hashrates.
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:37:36 PM

On a serious note, each major Win10 update comes with a bunch on new drivers, including GPU drivers, which will sometimes improve hashrates.

I'll better just download new GPU drivers from nvidia site  Wink

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
Larvitar

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:44:25 PM

I'll better just download new GPU drivers from nvidia site  Wink
Agreed

And you really KNOW what drivers you are installing.

huglester

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:02:46 PM

No more 0% dev fee Smiley
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:34:55 PM

No more 0% dev fee Smiley

Yes, are you upset?  Smiley

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:21:24 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 12:07:27 PM by Just_a_miner
Merited by MagicSmoker (1)

Full truth about original hsrminer, I put it here in case Mr. Palgin decide to delete it from his topic.

It's sad to see that you were sick and lost friend, but don't accuse community of betraying you - community needed help and support, and part of the community choosed what is best for it.

Do you realise that 0.5% defvee is only 18 seconds per hour? Last time you claimed that your miner had 1% devfee and it's just a lie, because devfee actually is 70 seconds per hour and it's 1.94%

Let me give you good advice - never include destructive code in your software - only ordinary users will suffer from it.

1) I'm not accusing anyone, I've just posted two ways of thinking on the same problem, nothing more. And container is a shit when it comes to mining, doesn't matter how good it is, it will cost nothing without proper kernel. Which you can't say about kernel, give it input, you'll receive output, volia, solution, check it against target, volia, proper solution, not so much code, isn't it?

So "container is shit"? Interesting, probably that's why you decided not to spend time on coding own "container" and just took ccminer  Wink

2) The lie is that you do it for community, you do it only because I've hurted your oversized Ego, and don't think you've hidden your personality under this new account Wink

I understand that you feel yourself little dizzy after hospital, but you have mixed something up. I didn't even know who are you before I've started to use hsrminer in december. And with my fork I've actually helped people and they are grateful to me.

Are you right about devfee? Partially, man, partially, because dev pool connection is not momental, that value highly differs for every user and that doesn't mean that I gain anything from client connecting to server, only fools think so, for some users full dev time was 38-45 secs, for some it could take more as in your case. Even calculating this, kernel speed gave much more profit for end users, much more, none've pushed Neooscrypt so high before me on Pascal architecture and you're just a parasite in that case, you can write hundreds of reveals and investigations, that will change nothing.
Maybe in your perfect world users follow devs, idea, community, etc., in real world the only thing users follow is money.
In your case users switched for functionality, nothing more, so your crown is made of chocolate, man, be careful, chocolate's melting sometimes.

And let's make it bold!!!! 14528731478% DEVFEE, beware, liar, thief, criminal, freedom, ZOG, HOLD THE DOOR, hold the door, holdthdor, Hotdor, Hodor!!!

Too much words, too much emotions, too little facts. Okay guys, here we go. There are two work timelimits inside hsrminer - one is for user pool, and one is for devfee pool. Mr. Palgin set user pool work timelimit to exactly 3530 seconds, it's 58 minutes 50 seconds, and he set devfee pool work timelimit to exactly 70 seconds. How it all works - after miner works on user pool for 3530 seconds, it disconnects and switches pool to devfee one and mine there for 70 seconds. 3530+70=3600 - we get full hour. So every hour miner doesn't work for user pool at least 70 seconds  - it's minus 1.94% income for user.

Mr. Palgin is saying us that he doesn't get enough devfee due to non-momental pool switching, etc - but user doesn't need to care about that and suffer from that- user already lost 1.94% of income. And it doesn't matter for user if miner is actually mining whole 70 seconds during devfee period, or just doing nothing, trying to connect to devfee pool - user ALREADY lost 1.94% of his income.

Furthemore, after switching from devfee pool back to user pool - user experiences same problems that Mr. Palgin was complained about - miner can't instantly connect to user pool and start work, instead it waits work from user pool and due to badly optimized switch-pool code wait time can vary anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds. So 70 seconds of devfee period plus up to 30 seconds to get back to user pool and start working - 75-100 seconds, and it's 2.08% - 2.75% of lost income instead of claimed 1% for any user that uses original hsrminer.

This is real world and not cinema. As Mr. Palgin said: "in real world the only thing users follow is money". I let myself to add that in real world it's not easy to separate good guys from bad ones, as almost everyone is somewhere in between. So Mr. Palgin pretends to be a good guy, and calls me "attacker", "hacker", i.e. bad guy. Well I'm flattered.

But let's see all the lies that Mr. "Good Guy" Palgin told us:

1)
Product contains devfee 1% (0.5% for me, 0.5% for alexkap)

Confirmed Palgin's lie, any original hsrminer user lose from 2.08% to 2.75% of income due to devfee pool switching  - see above. But real devfee % would scare users away, so Mr. Palgin decided to claim that devfee is 1% which is obvious lie. Mr. Palgin is a smart guy, he creates fast cuda kernels, he knows math well, he couldn't make silly mistake calculating devfee %. Claiming fake low devfee % was done intentionally to attract more users.

2)
F.A.Q (will be updated basing on frequent questions in this topic):

Q: hsrminer looks quite like ccminer...
A: True, in early builds it really was ~30% ccminer code (especially monitoring), but now only data output is quite the same. Also we'll migrate to new frontend after algo coverage.

Confirmed Palgin's lie, I've thoroughly reverse-engineered hsrminer and know every byte of it and it contains 99% of ccminer code. Mr. Palgin just erased code parts that related to other algos (as ccminer is multialgo miner), changed user messages and add logo. Of course there are kernels, but we are talking about "shitty container" here, right? As for kernels I'm sure they were not written from scratch too - Mr. Palgin took open-source ones like tpruvot or klaust and improved them.

3)
9xx family and lower not supported in this release.

Confirmed Palgin's lie. Even without source code I was able to add support for GTX 970, 980, 980 Ti to my fork and it's workability confirmed by users - 1, 2

But 9xx GPUs doesn't give much hashrate and won't give Palgin much devfee, so he decided - why bother about it?

4) Yes, it's not over yet. Do you guys wonder why original hsrminer doesn't have API and benchmark, doesn't have "-r" option, doesn't have many useful ccminer options despite the fact that it's actually ccminer with different kernels and logo?

It's because Mr. "Good Guy" Palgin intentionally disabled API, deleted parts of the code that handle those useful options and especially "-r" option. It was done because API and those options could interfere with his devfee. So I as the "Bad Guy" had to add all those features back in my fork, working without access to source code, so people could actually use this miner instead of just paying devfee.

Mr. Palgin claims that all those features are just unnecessary things, and main thing is his fast cuda kernel. Well Mr. Palgin, miner without ability to exit if connection to pool was interrupted ( -r option) is just a joke because even fastest cuda-kernel won't pay for those losses user would get in case of pool's inaccessibility - his rigs would idle without work for hours - it's my personal experience with original hsrminer.

So Mr. Palgin, users follow money? All we can see from 1), 2), 3), 4) is that you are the one who care about money (devfee) most.
If users followed your logic - they all would instantly switch to my fork because of reasons described in 1), 3) and 4). Yes, 2) doesn't count here, it's just little addition to your "Good Guy" portrait  Wink

Get over yourself - fix topic description and miner logo - your claimed 1% devfee is blatant lie, bruh.

wasabi_burger

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:43:01 PM

HI

GT 1030 is not supported ?
the miner shuts down immediately after benchmark

Besides,
I have two GTX 1080 ti running on your miner and gives a good out put

120+ GPU clock
250+ Mem clock
145W: 60% Power Consumption
1500 KH/s

I just purchased this cheap GT 1030 @ 85$
and wanted to see if it can generates good output with your miner

Thanks
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:00:00 PM

HI

Besides,

120+ GPU clock
250+ Mem clock
1500 KH/s

Thanks

Hello, you can get higher hashrate with 1080Ti if you increase PL% , but it's choice of course.

As for 1030, I can try to add it, how much video memory your 1030 gpu has?

wasabi_burger

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:13:34 PM

HI

Besides,

120+ GPU clock
250+ Mem clock
1500 KH/s

Thanks

Hello, you can get higher hashrate with 1080Ti if you increase PL% , but it's choice of course.

Yes I ve tried maxing it up and  I was able to reach 2000 KH/s up per card   woohoo!!
but power consumption was insane  285W: 120% PL
so I stopped and ended up the at the sweet spot mentioned above.
chose cost effectiveness rather than being a superman   Grin

GT 1030 has 2GB  Grin
probably too low to deal with.
zorvalth

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:16:21 PM

HI

Besides,

120+ GPU clock
250+ Mem clock
1500 KH/s

Thanks

Yes I ve tried maxing it up and  I was able to reach 2000 KH/s up per card   woohoo!!
but power consumption was insane  285W: 120% PL
so I stopped and ended up the at the sweet spot mentioned above.
chose cost effectiveness rather than being a superman   Grin

GT 1030 has 2GB  Grin

Lock the voltage at 825mv, set the clock to 1695-1708mhz, and you will get around +1800kh/s at around 200W.
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:46:43 PM

GT 1030 has 2GB  Grin

I'll add support for GT 1030 and release new version tomorrow, so you will be able to test it.

DRFGTO

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:32:16 AM

Hi everyone,
I currently have 5x 1080TI cards mining on NiceHash, but the pay its pathetic atm.
To get setup mining HSR, is it best to use Justaminer's fork or Excavator?

I'm new to mining and am struggling to get the bat file setup properly. It currently reads:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp -a hsr -o stratum+tcp://hsr1.91pool.com:9009 -u HJdQzYzdC8FJvr42PLpnNLM1ydnaDMu8fX -p c=GBX

Is this pool ok? It says to use both:
Node1 : hsr1.91pool.com:9009
Node2 : hsr2.91pool.com:9010
How would I set this up?

Also do I need '-p' if I don't have a password?
And what does c=GBX mean?

Currenly it fails to mine with the following message 
Share rejected, low difficulty...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:49:47 PM

New version released! Test support for GT 1030, P102-100, new options: -s, -T

See 1st msg of the topic for details and download links.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:57:39 PM

Hi everyone,
I currently have 5x 1080TI cards mining on NiceHash, but the pay its pathetic atm.
To get setup mining HSR, is it best to use Justaminer's fork or Excavator?

I'm new to mining and am struggling to get the bat file setup properly. It currently reads:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp -a hsr -o stratum+tcp://hsr1.91pool.com:9009 -u HJdQzYzdC8FJvr42PLpnNLM1ydnaDMu8fX -p c=GBX

Is this pool ok? It says to use both:
Node1 : hsr1.91pool.com:9009
Node2 : hsr2.91pool.com:9010
How would I set this up?

Also do I need '-p' if I don't have a password?
And what does c=GBX mean?

Currenly it fails to mine with the following message 
Share rejected, low difficulty...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Friend, this is hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork, you can't mine hsr algo with it.
-p is used to send pool "options" you want to choose during mining, like what coin are you going to mine, what difficulty to choose and so on, you can read more about it at the pool web site.

c=GBX tells pool that you are going to mine Gobyte crypto coin. If you want to mine neoscrypt algo, you should probably choose other pool, example:

hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.mine.zpool.ca:4233 -u YOUR_BTC_WALLET -p c=BTC

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:02:04 PM

Test new version and post results please.

I'm using Klaust. Yeah network timeout. Not exactly sure if that helps, but I've seen on threads for solo mining feather coin, they put network timeout to 1. And yes I did try, works awesome for pool mining, but for solo mining it only got rejects Sad 100% reject rate.
I see. I will add --timeout and --scan-time, but won't promise it will happen with next version release.
You the man! Thank you! Smiley

Check new version, options added.

parthibanperiyasamy

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:13:38 PM

Can You Add the Share Numbers and Ratio? I mean How many Accepted and Rejected.  CC Miner have these
wasabi_burger

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:16:31 AM

GT 1030 has 2GB  Grin

I'll add support for GT 1030 and release new version tomorrow, so you will be able to test it.

Tested and been running without any issue along with my 2 x GTX 1080 ti.
Result are below

GT 1030
GPU clock: Default
Memory clock: Default
Power consumption: 85% *25W (Default 30W)
Hashrate: 251~258kh/s

Note:
It won’t generate power consumption log as 1080 ti does.
so I m assuming the TDP would be 25W with 85% power draw
Probably GT 1030 chip doesn’t contain the power consumption parameter
that can be referenced or monitored  by a program.

Besides
I m just surprised at the output of this cheap 85$ GT 1030
If you stack 6 x of GT 1030, it will reach 1,500kh/s with around 150W
Which is almost same output as my GTX 1080 ti valued over 1,000$+ now

GT 1030 x 6  is like 600$... insanely cheap kid with a good output
But you won’t like too many kids occupying your mothership yeah? Lol
Cheers  Wink

Anyways
Thanks for the support
Justaminer
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:55:11 PM

GT 1030 has 2GB  Grin

Tested and been running without any issue along with my 2 x GTX 1080 ti.
Result are below

GT 1030
GPU clock: Default
Memory clock: Default
Power consumption: 85% *25W (Default 30W)
Hashrate: 251~258kh/s

Note:
It won’t generate power consumption log as 1080 ti does.
so I m assuming the TDP would be 25W with 85% power draw
Probably GT 1030 chip doesn’t contain the power consumption parameter
that can be referenced or monitored  by a program.

Besides
I m just surprised at the output of this cheap 85$ GT 1030
If you stack 6 x of GT 1030, it will reach 1,500kh/s with around 150W
Which is almost same output as my GTX 1080 ti valued over 1,000$+ now

GT 1030 x 6  is like 600$... insanely cheap kid with a good output
But you won’t like too many kids occupying your mothership yeah? Lol
Cheers  Wink

Anyways
Thanks for the support
Justaminer

Thanks for info Smiley You can try to tweak intensity for GT 1030, default one is 15.

You can use --benchmark with -i 15.1 and so on with little steps, 15.2, 15.3 - may be you will be able to get 300 Kh/s  Cheesy

To make benchmark complete faster use --benchmark -s 3 -i INTENSITY_TO_TEST

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:02:16 PM

Can You Add the Share Numbers and Ratio? I mean How many Accepted and Rejected.  CC Miner have these

Ratio is already there, every 7 accepted shares miner displays overall speed and accepted/rejected ratio %.
Number of accepted/rejected shares can be added too, I will take a look. For now you can see number of accepted and rejected shares with any API monitoring software.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: