Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 03:31:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Never invest no product ICOs  (Read 6759 times)
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:06:02 AM

I agree with you. When a product or working prototype, it gives more confidence in the successful completion of the project. After all, before the ICO to create a prototype, the company worked and found investments, it means that it really works, has experience, knows the weak points of the project and will overcome them.
ICO without product are like a scam

Yeah. How can they prove anything? Also, if they have marketing money why can't they spend it on a product? Looks suspicious

Just simple! And thanks a lot for pointing that out. That is simply because even the projects owners are looking for the easy way out and do not even want to try to give out something before taking.

It is always suspicious and a ready to work team would always have at least a product in the beta stage and something to show how much they are willing to work once they have the funds and not some empty promises which is why they always end up messing up their investors after the ICO is over except for some few ones.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:08:52 AM

I agree with you. When a product or working prototype, it gives more confidence in the successful completion of the project. After all, before the ICO to create a prototype, the company worked and found investments, it means that it really works, has experience, knows the weak points of the project and will overcome them.
ICO without product are like a scam
Right, it is this product that would make the objective of the coin or token come into play, make it useful, drive in demand and of course increase the value of it over time. However, most people are always looking for the easy way out for quick bucks, when the real investors are getting richer with good solid projects.

Once there is a product, there is a future and how much you believe in the relevance of the product, determines how well you decide to invest in it.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:13:38 AM

No, ..no this is the wrong assumption of advising that not invest in ICO. But I think everybody should invest in ICO but think before which company they are going to invest. Always track the whitepaper of the company and read thoroughly about their project and analyse the SWOT analysis and calculated risk if the project is viable in long-term or not.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:49:01 AM

No, ..no this is the wrong assumption of advising that not invest in ICO. But I think everybody should invest in ICO but think before which company they are going to invest. Always track the whitepaper of the company and read thoroughly about their project and analyse the SWOT analysis and calculated risk if the project is viable in long-term or not.

I have to agree with you, you need always read white paper carefully
AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:54:50 AM

It's just so easy to lose sight and lose money, the project can look very good and successful, but when this project goes into the world it can simply burn and it will be very difficult to get back on its feet again.
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1196

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:57:30 AM

Funny thing happened with ICO I have recently participated. At the pre-sale and sale the price of a token was around 1-1.2$. When the bounty campaign ended, bounty participants started to dump the token and dropped the price till 0.3-0.4$...

I wish I could see the eyes of investors, when they saw that.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:22:57 AM

Funny thing happened with ICO I have recently participated. At the pre-sale and sale the price of a token was around 1-1.2$. When the bounty campaign ended, bounty participants started to dump the token and dropped the price till 0.3-0.4$...

I wish I could see the eyes of investors, when they saw that.

I know it bad, but a project can do nothing with a dump
Bokugo

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:50:36 AM

If a project already have a product why they need to deal with ICO? But still some or more ICOs began to a project they with ideas and theories just and need the money to begin to develop and apply it. We could say ICOs not products to offer more risky compared with ICOs with products to offer...
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:08:17 AM

This very true. So far, I have been researching ICO project which has a working product. Such as ARBIDEX, and IQEON.
ICO which not have a product or mock-up, have huge possibility turn into a scam.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:08:41 PM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.

When a company has a product it means they have it to develop. In such case, a company shows why they need ICO and how the company will be growing. What is more, there is more trust because a company has experience in a field they are working.

For example, KickCity company that exists two years. KickCity an event platform that generates revenue and has a Helsinki government grant. KickCity needs ICO to make business bigger and to become a decentralized platform where every user is rewarded for ticket promotion.

On the other hand, no product ICOs can prove their success just in theory. There is no proof base that product will be developed and will be working right.

In such unstable industry as ICO everything has to be under control. The product is one of the things that shows the campaign is not a scam. That is why I believe it is better to invest in ready-made products ICOs.
Your message is thought out. Everything is written specifically on the case and reflects your position and position of the project. The attitude of the employee to the project is evident and in many respects this is determined by the product's prospects. Smiley
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:17:13 PM

No, I believe that investing in ICO our future. Because when the law prohibiting is introduced illegal ICO then we will be sure that our funds will not go away to someone on the wallet
JasonCroper

Activity: 145
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:18:38 PM

Yes, I am agree with you. As there are so much scam in the market now. MVC is needed to a project to check before invest.
Gustafio

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:21:47 PM

Very Good analysis about the concept of Ico but i have to admit that i have not seen an ico yet that have no product to offer.

If there was nothing to offer, the ico would be meaningless. You have to have some kind of product/a service that you will provide to the community that will generate profit over time for the investors or any other type of products. No one will invest in an ico unless it has a purpose
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:26:46 PM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.

When a company has a product it means they have it to develop. In such case, a company shows why they need ICO and how the company will be growing. What is more, there is more trust because a company has experience in a field they are working.

For example, KickCity company that exists two years. KickCity an event platform that generates revenue and has a Helsinki government grant. KickCity needs ICO to make business bigger and to become a decentralized platform where every user is rewarded for ticket promotion.

On the other hand, no product ICOs can prove their success just in theory. There is no proof base that product will be developed and will be working right.

In such unstable industry as ICO everything has to be under control. The product is one of the things that shows the campaign is not a scam. That is why I believe it is better to invest in ready-made products ICOs.
You have a point there and you explain well about the difference of already have products compared to a theory kind of platform. Well, I think this depends on the project because there are ICO that is quite interesting like  an AI platform. This is only means that it is program which needs a fund to establish a better placed for the team members and also with the developers. Although, it is an advantage for an ICO that has already a product but I don't think those who doesn't have products means it is prone to be a scam.
emmanmalaman

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:30:16 PM

I remember Electroneum branding themselves as the next Bitcoin. Started with $0.01 in their ICO last October 2017, launched around $0.10 in December 2017. They never had any working products, just pure paper. They only had a beta mobile miner in early January 2018.
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:31:43 PM

it is always good to play safe upon investing but high risk investment leads to high rewards or profit. not all no product icos are scam. come to think of it if there were no icos for innovative products? and it is not always a good investment on icos that have existing products. it is always a risk when it comes to business.  
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:07:18 PM

it is always good to play safe upon investing but high risk investment leads to high rewards or profit. not all no product icos are scam. come to think of it if there were no icos for innovative products? and it is not always a good investment on icos that have existing products. it is always a risk when it comes to business.  

true, but you need to low these risks
k-west

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:21:30 PM

First of all you invest in the project,idea.The devs need your money to create the product. This is the main reason doing Icos- collecting money to cover all expences to launch the product.Sure thing,there are lots of scammy icos nowdays,just be carefull with your choice.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:57:46 PM

First of all you invest in the project,idea.The devs need your money to create the product. This is the main reason doing Icos- collecting money to cover all expences to launch the product.Sure thing,there are lots of scammy icos nowdays,just be carefull with your choice.

but idea should have something real
Hillthy

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:17:36 PM

Today, ICO is an important component in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. It greatly influenced the development of crypto. However, the problem of ICO SCAM is still very much. Many people have invested in the ICO Scam with considerable damage. However, there are still potential ICOs with practical utility and value. It is still a great speculation to raise huge profits. Carefully and check the DEV group, strategy, development trail, whitepaper to limit Scam issues. ICO is a treasure if it is invested in the right time and the right campaign.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: