Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:03:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Never invest no product ICOs  (Read 6751 times)
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:00:21 PM

First thing first, when you want to support an ICO, you need definitely checks their working product. Beta is still OK.
That's an instrument where you can judge the future of the project. Dont fall with their buzz and mumbo jumbo tech promises that they *will* deliver on their white or blue paper.
Health and bright future project always set standard where they really can delivers the end product in reasonable time frame.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:21:04 PM

First thing first, when you want to support an ICO, you need definitely checks their working product. Beta is still OK.
That's an instrument where you can judge the future of the project. Dont fall with their buzz and mumbo jumbo tech promises that they *will* deliver on their white or blue paper.
Health and bright future project always set standard where they really can delivers the end product in reasonable time frame.

It really is! There should be working product!
btc_love

Activity: 566
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:54:21 AM

I invest constantly and happy with everything.Highly recommend because at the moment it is the most profitable investment in the world that can be

and what do you invest?
mware

Activity: 390

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:09:30 AM

As with any investment, nothing in the Initial Coin Offering space can be predicted or proved with absolute certainty. especially with no product. These projects lack anything users can touch or test.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:11:37 AM

As with any investment, nothing in the Initial Coin Offering space can be predicted or proved with absolute certainty. especially with no product. These projects lack anything users can touch or test.

That is why I believe there should be ready-made products
Wechsler
Copper Member

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 10:22:34 AM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.

When a company has a product it means they have it to develop. In such case, a company shows why they need ICO and how the company will be growing. What is more, there is more trust because a company has experience in a field they are working.

For example, KickCity company that exists two years. KickCity an event platform that generates revenue and has a Helsinki government grant. KickCity needs ICO to make business bigger and to become a decentralized platform where every user is rewarded for ticket promotion.

On the other hand, no product ICOs can prove their success just in theory. There is no proof base that product will be developed and will be working right.

In such unstable industry as ICO everything has to be under control. The product is one of the things that shows the campaign is not a scam. That is why I believe it is better to invest in ready-made products ICOs.

I would also say, be wary of ICOs with just about everything completed from an existing business to partnerships (way way past MVP). In this case they might not even need money to begin with.
EnergyPremier

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 11:19:02 AM

You have to risk when you are investing in ICO and that's normal. But when you are doing research for ICO to invest you should definitely look for ICO with a product. If its possible you should check quality of product, meet the team members, follow activity on social media etc...

Maybe good example is https://energypremier.com/en
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:32:56 AM

It is really good to invest in ICO if you only know that this ICO is legit and will likely succeed. One of the best indicator that an ICO is good if there is really a working product readily available and good to go the moment the ICO ends. Before i invest, i always check ICOs source code at github too.

TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:40:04 PM

Your sentiments are right, it is definitely safer to invest in ICOs that already have a working prototype. It gives confidence to the investors. But remember that there are brilliant ideas out there that need a x-amount of substantial amount to even get a working prototype. That is why I like the idea of escrowed funds with ICOs, and a community based vote to release the funds in tranches. So if the overall goal is $8m, and 700K is needed to get a prototype done, release the 700K first then see if it worth to release the next batch or all of it.

Tied to this, I hope people can start investing in ICOs that will help scale-up already existing projects that have been tried and tested and value visible and verifiable track record. With these, investors know that it not a scam, and the returns are almost a surety.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:56:27 PM

Your sentiments are right, it is definitely safer to invest in ICOs that already have a working prototype. It gives confidence to the investors. But remember that there are brilliant ideas out there that need a x-amount of substantial amount to even get a working prototype. That is why I like the idea of escrowed funds with ICOs, and a community based vote to release the funds in tranches. So if the overall goal is $8m, and 700K is needed to get a prototype done, release the 700K first then see if it worth to release the next batch or all of it.

Tied to this, I hope people can start investing in ICOs that will help scale-up already existing projects that have been tried and tested and value visible and verifiable track record. With these, investors know that it not a scam, and the returns are almost a surety.

maybe you are right. but I still can't understand how people are going to try the product
snazir
Copper Member

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:05:54 AM

I have no issue with a solid team asking for right amount of money to develop their platform, Ethereum did and we all know the result, a lot of people like me are having a hard time discerning what may be promising from those that are truly scam. .It is normally to consider the ICO's product and development team before getting involve with them because if you dont do some research you might ended up getting rekt, one will invest in an ico unless it has a purpose,
Derus-93

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:30:49 AM

The idea of ICO is to get money to start a project. I never saw ICOs without a product maybe some which are not ready.
As investor you got to do research and decide to believe in the success of the product, they create or will create, or not.
Its you job to think will the idea work or not!
You dont really need a finished product to decide that it will be successful.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 04:32:00 AM

Of course, the project that has a finished product or prototype causes more confidence than just statements about the development of something, but it should be taken into account that there are unique ideas that have the right to develop, but who do not yet have a finished product, of course it's more like crowdfinding, but in our time is easier to collect investments in the process ICO than on the grounds of crowdfinding. And here the investor decides only on trusting the project without a product.
Ayaancool

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:57:06 AM

I have no issue with a solid team asking for right amount of money to develop their platform, Ethereum did and we all know the result, a lot of people like me are having a hard time discerning what may be promising from those that are truly scam. .It is normally to consider the ICO's product and development team before getting involve with them because if you dont do some research you might ended up getting rekt, one will invest in an ico unless it has a purpose,
Yes solid team and great concept which is actually trying to solving the problem we can support even without working product . But now lots of impossible solution raising funds . Some are copying  successful project and trying to collect funds.
Naman1111

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:12:52 AM

Yes it is safer to invets in products which have a working prototype.There is no point of investing in projects which does not have a prototype.
However there are exceptions as well. For project which have very good team and excellent idea , I go ahead put my money. Its like seed funding more riskier. Since the risk is high the return is high as well.The key is to do your due diligence properly which include github if any.
dilandanmilea

Activity: 283
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:17:43 AM

I also think so. I will choose and trust the ICO project that already has the previous product. It will be more clear where the direction, process, progress and real what will be developed.

🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸 [ MOOZICORE ] WORLD’S FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN 🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺
https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:40:31 AM

Yes, if an ICO project products have been developed successfully, then we can consider to investment, however, most of the time if the ICO project there is only a white paper and the technical route, so I want to invest considerable danger.

LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:42:56 AM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.
That is really one of the importantest Criteria which I use when is going to invest in any project.
No product (alpha/beta/demo) version - NO MONEY!

amaterazu

Activity: 407
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:40:33 AM

This is true, if there is no working product better to stay away from this ICO, at least be safe on investment because there are a lot of ICO scam and already make a lot of peoples losing their money.

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
sureblinks

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:56:26 AM

very accurate. if this can happen will go along way..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: