Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:32:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Never invest no product ICOs  (Read 6756 times)
chocochild

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:54:51 AM

ICOs with no products can be very dangerous and can be called a bad investment since there will be no basis for the use of the coin it will only be loss in circulation after a couple of years because of the decreasing value.
keramzit

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:15:06 PM

I agree.  It is very risky to invest in a company that does not have a product.  A very big chance that this will be a scam project.
kruzer200

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

= DINNGO = https://dinngo.co

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 04:41:16 PM

Thanks to Vitalik Buterin, we have a safer way of investing in ICO projects. DAICO is the new generation of ICO that will change a lot in the crypt.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■⚫●●     DINNGO     ●●⚫■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
████████  ⚫●●     THE MOBILE DIGITAL CURRENCY EXCHANGE     ●●⚫  ████████
White Paper  ●  Telegram   Facebook   Twitter   Medium   Reddit   Youtube  ●  ANN Thread
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:54:03 PM

Do not think that all ICO is a scam. I myself managed to participate in very profitable projects, but I think that now they are disappearing from the market..
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 04:58:09 PM

This post was written in Mid January, right around the time when crypto had peaked and was crashing.

It is interesting how sentiment was at that time vs. now.

Even though the market has been in a slump the last couple months, there have been some successful ICOs.
Basically, they all had a great working product.

For me, this seems so basic that it baffles me why someone would pour money into a company that doesn't even have anything to show for itself.
Can you imagine a noob going on Shark Tank and pitching an idea, and then getting 30 million dollars in funding just cause the idea sounds good?
No way, they have to show their product show what's its good for, and show how it will make money.

Now, the ICO market is finally maturing as basically all these speculative icos have done very poorly.
Future companies will eventually wisen up and not just jump on the ICO wagon which will improve quality for all.

vicvicto17

Activity: 362

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:01:26 PM

Yes this is totally right never ever invest project that has no intrunct value or assets. Project that don't have real uses is a big scam better do some research before investing. There are some good projects to choose.
Auto756

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:27:59 PM

I agree.  Invest in a project that does not have a product is very risky and you can lose all the money ..
samuellim853

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:43:55 PM

Obviously it's better if they have a working product but I don't think it's always necessary. A lot of the ones I've seen with a product seem to be just dead companies who think they can get a payday with an ICO.
Disclaimert

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:44:41 PM

projects with uncertain products do not make sense, how our investment will increase if the company does not have the products they trade. thinking logically will keep you from fraud
DiamonDogs

Activity: 142
Merit: 6

https://coinspot.me

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 01:55:42 AM

Yes, I aggre with OP's opinion, but not always right. Because I also see some ICO which no product but succeed in their token sale. I think it's not only about the product. ICO also needs gimmick and hype to attract more investors.
victorscrown

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:01:46 AM

Absolute correct.  The risks is too high to invest in an  ICO that has  no product. My question is what will I promote when I join in the campaign if there is no product. One hundred percent you will lost your money.It is scam ICO.
bittraffic

Activity: 2996
Merit: 614

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 02:59:16 AM

There were ICOs that scammed even when they do have the product, if I'd search it I'd be able to post that ICO. But there were also ICO that don't have a product but somehow you can see the team is dedicated enough to build their project. Bitcad project seem to be a scam but have released their tokens to the investors yet no exchange listings. But recently they were publishing articles about their development too.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

marinsoalan079

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:26:28 PM

I invest constantly and happy with everything.Highly recommend because at the moment it is the most profitable investment in the world that can be
BTCreward

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:59:09 PM

I participated in the bounty company of this project. And unfortunately I can confirm that - how much this is a meaningless project. Unfortunately, now almost all ICO projects are a Scam, so I do not advise you to invest in them, or at least conduct a full analysis of the ICO in which you want to invest.

BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1652
Merit: 629

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:09:41 PM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.

When a company has a product it means they have it to develop. In such case, a company shows why they need ICO and how the company will be growing. What is more, there is more trust because a company has experience in a field they are working.

For example, KickCity company that exists two years. KickCity an event platform that generates revenue and has a Helsinki government grant. KickCity needs ICO to make business bigger and to become a decentralized platform where every user is rewarded for ticket promotion.

On the other hand, no product ICOs can prove their success just in theory. There is no proof base that product will be developed and will be working right.

In such unstable industry as ICO everything has to be under control. The product is one of the things that shows the campaign is not a scam. That is why I believe it is better to invest in ready-made products ICOs.

I agree with your thoughts, investing is not a mental business unless there is a good idea, project or rune in the middle, because it is very difficult to predict what the result will be. Of course, there is a possibility of fraud, but in rare cases it can be a successful project without making a real product promotion. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully investigate the project to be invested and then investment decisions should be made depending on these researches. Also, investing in a high amount will be a great risk, so budgeting should be done with caution.
bohtrung3

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:18:08 PM

Just as investment is great for now if we invest in ICO, but if we only know that ICO is legitimate and likely to succeed later, because one of the best indicators that ICO is good if there really is a product that works and is ready to be used on when ICO is over, Before I invest, I always check the ICO source code in github as well.
balodon88

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:24:29 PM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.

When a company has a product it means they have it to develop. In such case, a company shows why they need ICO and how the company will be growing. What is more, there is more trust because a company has experience in a field they are working.

For example, KickCity company that exists two years. KickCity an event platform that generates revenue and has a Helsinki government grant. KickCity needs ICO to make business bigger and to become a decentralized platform where every user is rewarded for ticket promotion.

On the other hand, no product ICOs can prove their success just in theory. There is no proof base that product will be developed and will be working right.

In such unstable industry as ICO everything has to be under control. The product is one of the things that shows the campaign is not a scam. That is why I believe it is better to invest in ready-made products ICOs.
I agree.  Investing in a company without a product is a big risk.  Very often this scam projects.
niublity

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:07:45 AM

Yes, I agree with you. The risk of ICO is very high. The key is that I cannot supervise the executor as an investor. This is equal to donating money to a team. Then this team is the real beneficiary. I may become a loser at any time. So I don't invest in ICO either. I don't think I have this courage.

Redhead5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:27:23 AM

Yes, I agree with you. The risk of ICO is very high. The key is that I cannot supervise the executor as an investor. This is equal to donating money to a team. Then this team is the real beneficiary. I may become a loser at any time. So I don't invest in ICO either. I don't think I have this courage.

Yes I agree too. What to expect in ICO's without a project being develop. We need to keep extra careful for this kind of ICO's because it is a sign of a scam and unrealistic ICO's. They just wanted us to be a victim or lost our investment if we are not knowing them better.
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:53:34 AM

I agree with you, the finished product is an important factor and a guarantee when choosing the ICO project. It's good that you are advertising your project, but if you do have a ready-made and quality product, investors will invest it and so will.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: