Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:22:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Never invest no product ICOs  (Read 6747 times)
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:27:23 AM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.

When a company has a product it means they have it to develop. In such case, a company shows why they need ICO and how the company will be growing. What is more, there is more trust because a company has experience in a field they are working.

For example, KickCity company that exists two years. KickCity an event platform that generates revenue and has a Helsinki government grant. KickCity needs ICO to make business bigger and to become a decentralized platform where every user is rewarded for ticket promotion.

On the other hand, no product ICOs can prove their success just in theory. There is no proof base that product will be developed and will be working right.

In such unstable industry as ICO everything has to be under control. The product is one of the things that shows the campaign is not a scam. That is why I believe it is better to invest in ready-made products ICOs.

I agree. Never invest in ICOs that never gives you something in return immediately after pre-sale. ICOs usually gain the money to develop their token before hand so after pre-sale, products are supposed to be ready for distribution to the lot. Invest in ICOs that are token heavy.

anthreelis

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:52:53 PM

ico for the participants is as an investment but ico for companies in addition to investment as well as advertising to introduce products issued as well as a tool to attract capital from outside the company so I think every ico must have an interesting product that will be followed by many participants ico
mazezizi

Activity: 94

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:56:12 PM

Yes, I am also very cautious. The ICO in 2018 was very scared. I dare not take risks. I prefer to choose other coin investments.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:59:17 PM

Yes, I am also very cautious. The ICO in 2018 was very scared. I dare not take risks. I prefer to choose other coin investments.

yeah, everything has changed comparing 2017
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:29:45 AM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.

When a company has a product it means they have it to develop. In such case, a company shows why they need ICO and how the company will be growing. What is more, there is more trust because a company has experience in a field they are working.

For example, KickCity company that exists two years. KickCity an event platform that generates revenue and has a Helsinki government grant. KickCity needs ICO to make business bigger and to become a decentralized platform where every user is rewarded for ticket promotion.

On the other hand, no product ICOs can prove their success just in theory. There is no proof base that product will be developed and will be working right.

In such unstable industry as ICO everything has to be under control. The product is one of the things that shows the campaign is not a scam. That is why I believe it is better to invest in ready-made products ICOs.

This is true but in cryptocurrencies world the hype and fake volumes are king and would take money from dumb morons like nothing.

Winnerschapel

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:46:58 AM

Never invest in ICO if dont have product. because ICO without any working product can easily be a scam. But not all ICO without product is scam, maybe initially they dont have it. that;s why the company using ICO ways to collect funds to make their product. Learn about their whitepaper and roadmap. in roadmap they will explain about when the product release, when ready to use and etc.
But better if they already have working product first
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:00:04 AM

Exactly, I can never understand how so many crypto users are blindly investing their money in ICOs with no product or any kind of development to show case. They don't even know if the devs are capable of developing the product or not and not to mention if it has any real world use case or if there is enough demand for it.

atlantik

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:02:14 AM

I do agree that as far as ICO's are concerned we need to make sure that the ICO has an actual product capable of being used or utilized by its customers or clients. Even beta prototypes as fas as I am concerned is a sign that things are going as planned and that the ICO is not a scam.
a31078

Activity: 340

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:11:28 AM

I agree with you on investing in projects that have ready-made product because that can convince you of how dedicated the management of the product are and you know what you are promoting but there are also some projects without product that are also successful but this are very few. It is better to make good research about a project before deciding to invest in it and your investment should be based on you conclusion of the research.
Zorane

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:11:06 AM

Yeah i agree! better invest in projects, that already have their own product, like Sonder Ico for example, that have their own app yet
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:12:55 PM

The issue is not whether there is a working product. It is whether it has a real use. How many beta testers have tried it? Many projects come up saying that their product is patent-pending or that big corporations are testing it. How do we know for sure that the MVP is real?

ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:33:11 PM

Yes that is true, that ICO dealing without a product is definitely a scam, so be sure to read the white paper before you put up your money as investment, because product will actually the best basis to analyze of the investor, this is one way of keeping away from scammers, and if you found a scammer in here , please don't hesitate to be vocal.
sleblanc1469

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:39:04 PM

I think existence of a working product not important part of ICO success, at least in the first weeks after first listings, much more important are hype around project and community attention.
SloggerSasha1

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:45:54 PM

I think that ico will be successful only when the project is will be needed by society. so my choice fell on the project Yumerium, if you have not heard about it, then I advise you to get acquainted and you will understand why I think so.
Triss Merigold

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:48:10 PM

I agree with you that the availability of a ready project for developers is very good for their reputation and for collecting money during the ICO. You in fact understand that very few developers of start-ups can boast of a finished product, because this requires money. Money can only give ICO. Without money, the idea can not be realized.

King Bounty

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:50:33 PM

I agree, because I think ICO that does not have a product is most likely ICO is a scam and if the ICO is not a scam then the price will go down (according to my personal experience).

Sidas_Crew669

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:02:52 PM

ICO project without product is the scam.
When a product or work prototype, it gives more confidence in the successful completion of the project. After all, before ICO makes a prototype, the company works and finds investment, it means that it really works, has experience, knows the weak point of the project and will overcome it.
I a gree with you.
Niklomn

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:08:53 PM

I agree.  Investing in a company without a product is a bad idea.  You risk losing all your money.
Eclipse2021

Activity: 209
Merit: 60

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:15:20 PM

I mostly agree with you but sometimes there are projects that take some time to achieve a working product so you this type of ICOs deserves some attention as they will rise for sure when the product is finshed and it can be used by all of us but the main aspect remains that a good ICO right now must have a working product even if it is alpha phase.

DATABLOC  • protecting the world’s data •   ✔Reserve your stone token TODAY!  ✔
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn | Telegram | Reddit

Ms. CRYPTO ADVISER

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:21:20 PM

i do agree on you mate. sometimes i see a startup that dont even have a white paper but starting thier presale. And their roadmap is 1-3 years before the product launch. Its really wise to have a research and backround check on evry startups that you are planning to invest. To save you hard earn money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: