Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:04:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Never invest no product ICOs  (Read 6747 times)
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:40:37 PM

So many people have gotten burned on Scam ICO's in the past year and they are spreading a lot of negativity about the entire crypto space.  It is stupidly easy for these "companies" to create a scam ICO. All they need is a fake website, copied whitepaper, some big empty promises, and an army of shills.

I've seen a few good ICOs that were successful even with no working product but those are one in a thousand.
Olega252

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 05:42:07 PM

Many projects that do not have products. But there are certain advisers who support the project with his authority, but this project is not the finished product, many investors do not delve into that just by looking at who the advisers and seeing a familiar face.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old Bindu

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

KEEP CALM and HODL

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:44:33 PM

Investing in projects that do not have any working products is a big risk. Those who do this - should be very knowledgeable about the plans of the organizers so as not to hesitate to invest their money in the promises of the organizers.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Artos893

Activity: 183
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:35:53 AM

You can try investing in a company without a product, but there is a very big chance that you will lose your money.  As for me it's better to invest in the company with the product.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:13:43 AM

Yes, one of the criteria for ICO project is the availability of MVP. It seems to me that such projects are much stronger and more interesting than any others without any product. I also try to analyse GitHub code and activity. It helps to understand the general state of the development.

merle

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:41:57 AM

I myself believe that the ICO with the ready product is much better than no product. Ready Product ICO may be more promising especially for the future. We can save and hold the coins or tokens for some months r years. So, when many more people need the token or coin to buy or use the product, we can sell them in higher price.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
              ▄███████████████████▄
           ▄█████████████████████████▄
         ▄█████████████████████████████▄
        █████████████████████▀ █████████▄
       ██████████████████▀    ████████████
      ▐████████████████▌      ████████████▌
      ███████▀▀▀   ███▌     ▀▀█▀ █████████
      ███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀         ▄██████████
      ██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▐███████████████████████████████████▌
       ███████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████████████████▀
           ▀█████████████████████████▀
             ▀▀███████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
chynge.net

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█             
              ▄██▄███▄         ▄   
              ▀▀ █▌ ▀▀█▀██   ▄█▀██
          ▄▄▄           ▀▀▀███▀▀▀ 
          ▀▀▀                ▀█   
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                ███   
                      ▄██▀     ▐█ 
   ▄█████████      ▄█▀█▀        █▌
                 █▀▀▄█         ██▌
 ████████████   ▀█▄█▀           █▌
                                █▀
     ████████                ▄▄██ 
                             ▄█▀   
        ▀▀▀▀▀               █▀     
                  ▄     ███▀       
              ████████▀█▀           

Instant Settlement

▄██▄███           
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▄█▀   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ██▀▄██  ▄█▄  ██▌▄ ▄▄▄ █
███▀     ▐█▀▀▄█▀  ██▀ ▀██  ▀█▄    █
██      █▀░██▀  █▀▀     ▐▀█  ▀██  █
█▀▀████████████████████████████████
█▀▀▌ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██
█▄                                █
█▄                       ▄▄████████
█▄                      █▀███▌    █
█▄                     █▌ █  █▌   █
█▄                      ▀████▌▄▄▄▄█
█▄                                █
█▌                                █
██▀▀ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██
 ▀▀████████████████████████████████

Zero Fees

▄██▀▀▀██▄           
          ▄██       ██▄         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
    █████████████████████████   
    █                       █   
    █          ▄▄▄          █   
    █         █▀▀▀█         █   
    █         █   █         █   
    █         █▄▄▄█         █   
    █          ▀▀▀          █   
    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   
    █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█   
    █████████████████████████   

Secure Transaction
keobonggon.xigon45

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:56:04 PM

Yes this is totally right never ever invest project that has no intrunct value or assets. Project that don't have real uses is a big scam better do some research before investing. There are some good projects to choose.
Spiderman3

Activity: 171

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:46:38 PM

You are right, it's better not to take risks and not invest in a company without a product.  It's a very big chance that this will be a scam project.
petir.bay

Activity: 294
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:10:05 PM

The most important thing ICOs project is reliable or not. Because if one ICO is only theroic it has to die one day. Before invest you should search all thing about it.
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:28:26 PM

I usually focus on only the ICOs have real products. learn thoroughly about the project we will assess their actual nature or not. ICOs tokens are based on the real value of a project. The product is always a measure of certainty in the project because ICOs are scam

Make me great again
vladraineer

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:35:58 PM

There are cases when the product was not but these ico shot and gave large profits to investors, so everything is relative)
dammy1988

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 03:49:39 PM

ICO is a big word this days because there are projects that just spring from no where to steal people ethereum and bitcoin. And there are others with a good product that's solving a identify problem. So ico is a two way thing one need to get God or her hand dirty by researching the project.
kakawin

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:08:36 PM

There are cases when the product was not but these ico shot and gave large profits to investors, so everything is relative)
Yes, everything is relative. Not all projects can afford to release a finished product before ICO. Such projects suffer from scammers, which have reduced market confidence in the ICO. Now projects without a finished product very often can not compete with large projects with a finished product.
Sasha88x

Activity: 156

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:36:51 PM

I agree with the author. You can't invest in a single project. We need to divide capital by about 10 parts and invest in different coins
jkdawg78

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:42:51 PM

Alot of ico’s need the funding to get their project rolling. Then again alot of ico’s are scams so be careful. Dont believe everything you read
hoyejide12

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:46:34 PM

I totally agreed with this. Purpose of a project should be top priority before jumping into their ICO.
griezmann

Activity: 181

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:48:43 PM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.

When a company has a product it means they have it to develop. In such case, a company shows why they need ICO and how the company will be growing. What is more, there is more trust because a company has experience in a field they are working.

For example, KickCity company that exists two years. KickCity an event platform that generates revenue and has a Helsinki government grant. KickCity needs ICO to make business bigger and to become a decentralized platform where every user is rewarded for ticket promotion.

On the other hand, no product ICOs can prove their success just in theory. There is no proof base that product will be developed and will be working right.

In such unstable industry as ICO everything has to be under control. The product is one of the things that shows the campaign is not a scam. That is why I believe it is better to invest in ready-made products ICOs.

I'm absolutely agree with this, if we invest our money in no product ICOs, it tends to more scam ICO, that's why if we don't do that, at least it's minimalize our risk to lose our money in the future, because it's too risky to do
ngocchau250

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:45:51 AM

i agree sometime because we never knew if the promising ICO is a scam it is better to be sure so we can know what we will invest and not but the crypto world is a risk taking world so it is up to you
linhna2712

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:22:07 PM

I do agree that as far as ICO's are concerned we need to make sure that the ICO has an actual product capable of being used or utilized by its customers or clients. Even beta prototypes as fas as I am concerned is a sign that things are going as planned and that the ICO is not a scam.
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:56:41 PM

It appears to be that most ICOs without a working product normally do not do well, maybe before or after the ICO. Most of these projects do not meet market expectations and normally dwindles from the market. I know of several ICOs who never released their working product till date and the coins of these products are now "shit" coins.

I haven't invested with money, but I've invested with time and effort into an ICO which became later a scam, even though they looked like they were legit the time passed and noticed they scammed us.
Even though they had a product, a live product which they demonstrated multiple times in videos and so on but this can be faked too and people believed that wow it works.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: