Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:12:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think changing "Escrow Provider Rating Grade" is necessary in order to get more realistic and accurate grades?
NO: It's doing good as it is now. - 6 (40%)
YES: you should consider trust based on Escrow service feedback only. - 4 (26.7%)
YES: you should consider reducing some points from "Trust Selfscratchers". - 1 (6.7%)
YES: you should remove all "Escrow Provider Rating Grade" metrics. Only names on List shall remain, no ranking at all. - 3 (20%)
YES: you should implement other suggestion(s) (please comment and share your opinion with us)... - 1 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡ LIST ⚡ ESCROW providers ⚡ Ranking & Scores available!  (Read 43602 times)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 05:19:13 PM

Added PGP_Sign. See sig.

Either a mod edits OP, or this project is dead, because OP wasn't online for months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 06:12:48 AM

Hello, I'm offering an escrow service. Could you add it to the list?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=865770.0

Thanks!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 07:23:57 AM

Thanks!

did you even read the post before yours?

Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:15:31 AM

The OTC# is a bad measurement. Total ratings count doesn't matter _AT ALL_. Trust paths matter. Just check my otc ratings for an example.

fran2k

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 01:03:55 AM

Thanks!

Of course. Did I miss something?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 01:20:55 AM

Thanks!

Yes. Read again:

Added PGP_Sign. See sig.

Either a mod edits OP, or this project is dead, because OP wasn't online for months.

fran2k

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 01:30:30 AM

Thanks!

Yes. Read again:

Added PGP_Sign. See sig.

Oh, right. I only read the OP. Could be great if someone could maintain updated a similar thread.

Last Active:    August 24, 2014, 10:08:26 AM
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:45:37 AM

Thanks!

Yes. Read again:

Added PGP_Sign. See sig.

Oh, right. I only read the OP. Could be great if someone could maintain updated a similar thread.

Your attention to details does not fill me with confidence in your ability to handle escrow in a reliable, fair, and professional manner.
fran2k

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:11:22 AM

Thanks!

Yes. Read again:

Added PGP_Sign. See sig.

Your attention to details does not fill me with confidence in your ability to handle escrow in a reliable, fair, and professional manner.

Right, I didn't read the last post of the thread before posting, just the OP.

But I found details like having GPG, that more than half of people on that list doesn't have, more important.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:14:49 PM

Greetings!

I've just started the following list in order to keep a track at who's offering an honest escrow service and in order to blacklist scammers out there.

Only members with announcements threads / sites will be listed.

All parameters here are subject to change, this is a work in progress...

If you got an idea, share with us!

This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, just an introductory guide for clients/customers in order to avoid scammers.

We cannot guarantee any member's reliability and that your coins will be 100% safe. This is just a simple guide and tool. Due diligence is still necessary.

P.s. I'll try to update the list once every 15 days or, at least, monthly.

Reasons for using an Escrow Service

WHAT IT IS: People tranding goods and services can add a tool in order to increase the liability on both sides: customers and vendors. That may be done by employing an escrow system for all transaction. That additional step gives both sides some garantees.

HOW IT IS: This means that when you make an order the bitcoins are deducted from your wallet, moves into a temporary escrow account, then after the vendor sends the order, he confirms it was sent. When you receive the package, you confirm it being received and the vendor claims the coin.

WHAT IF: If for whatever reason you do not receive the package you can send the order into resolution, where you and the vendor can resolve the problem or should that not work, the escrow service well step in an resolve the issue. Keep in mind this system is to prevent fraud on both the end of the seller and the buyer.

SUMMARY: Escrow services will not grant you 100% scam proof, but it is definetly an aditional security layer in order to avoid coin losses and scammers.

LIST - Legend / Labels:

Reason - General classification of members.

BT#: the 1st number (left to right) the member got at bitcointalk.org Marketplace trust system;

Reason - "Web of trust" inside bitcointalk.org community.

P.s. members with overall negative ratings (1st number left to right) will not be accepted on the list (the same for those already tagged as "SCAMMER" by community staff).

Brand new members with "Newbie" and "Jr. Member" status won't be accepted on the list as well: go get some activity first!

OTC#: is the member "total rating" at #bitcoin-otc web of trust data.

Reason - a long time OTC trader that did lots of deals tends to be more trustworthy.

P.s. member must send a GPG signed personal message mentioning the link to his rating page at bitcoin-otc.com in order to be verified for this criterion. I'd also recommend that you add that link (rating page at bitcoin-otc.com) to your escrow service announcement page or to your personal signature.

LB#: is the member score at LocalBitcoins.com.

The score will be calculated as:

Code:
Feedback score * Number of confirmed trades

Reason - a long time P2P trader that did lots of deals tends to be more trustworthy.

P.s. member must send a GPG signed personal message mentioning the link to his account profile page at localbitcoins.com in order to be verified for this criterion. Additional info: member must add his GPG fingerprint/key id as an additional profile info at localbitcoins.com in order to be verified. I'd also recommend that you add that link (account profile page at localbitcoins.com) to your escrow service announcement page or to your personal signature.

Activity: the number shown at that indicator (under member's name/avatar);

Reason - It shows how active (and for how long) that member is at bitcointalk.org community.

Rating: it is the following (beta) algorithm.

Code:
( 25 * BT# + 5 * OTC# + 5 * LB# + 1 * SQRT(Activity) ) / ( 25 + 5 + 5 + 1 )

Reason - We are just trying to build our own kind of fair classification here.

P.s. collaborations about a fairer algorithm in order to improve that task will be appreciated.

Member: member's ID.

Cryptocoin: which coin the escrow works with.

PGP Sign: Does the escrow work with PGP signed messages/transactions?

Reason - PGP is an additional tool in order to grant the client some authenticity and security.

Fees: price paid for using the escrow's service.

Escrow's Reputation: Whitelist Ranking   

Rank      BT#      LB#      OTC#      Activity      Rating      Member      Cryptocoin      PGP_Sign      Fees      Advertisement   
   1º      150      0      58      798      113.01      John (John K.)      Bitcoin      Available      1.5%-2%      [ANN] Thread.   
   2º      70      100      0      490      63.11      escrow.ms      BTC & Alts      Available      1%      [ANN] Thread.   
   3º      48      0      6      1176      35.12      OgNasty      Bitcoin      N/A      1%      [ANN] Thread.   
   4º      24      100      17      798      33.70      DannyHamilton      Bitcoin      Available      Free      [ANN] Thread.   
   5º      37      0      0      1106      26.62      Tomatocage      BTC & Alts      N/A      1%-10%      [ANN] Thread.   
   6º      13      0      0      392      9.58      monbux      BTC & Alts      N/A      0 – 2%      [ANN] Thread.   
   7º      9      0      0      770      7.02      Maidak      Bitcoin      N/A      Free      [ANN] Thread.   
   8º      7      3      2      728      6.31      Dabs      Bitcoin      Available      1% - 2%      [ANN] Thread.   
   9º      5      0      0      1078      4.38      bitpop      Bitcoin      Available      1 mBTC      [ANN] Thread.   
   10º      4      0      0      980      3.65      Juggalodarkclow      Bitcoin      N/A      Free      [ANN] Thread.   
   11º      4      0      0      840      3.58      gweedo      Bitcoin      Available      .5%      [ANN] Thread.   
   12º      1      0      0      742      1.45      ninjaboon      Bitcoin      N/A      1%      [ANN] Thread.   
   13º      1      0      0      490      1.31      fible1      Bitcoin      Available      1% + $2      [ANN] Thread.   
   14º      1      0      0      434      1.27      sayulita      Bitcoin      N/A      1%      [ANN] Thread.   
   15º      1      0      0      434      1.27      TwinWinNerD      BTC & Alts      N/A      1%      [ANN] Thread.   
   16º      0      0      0      490      0.61      kcud_dab      Bitcoin      N/A      ~1%      [ANN] Thread.   
   17º      0      0      0      235      0.43      BTCrow      Bitcoin      N/A      1%      [ANN] Thread.   
   Total      375      203      83      11981      312.43   
   Median      #      #      #      742      4.38   

Notes and additional info:

bitpop: Hero Member. Registered member since May 21st, 2011.

BTCrow: Full Member. He offers his service on his own website. Registered member since June 20th, 2011.

Dabs: Hero Member. Registered member since March 29th, 2012.

DannyHamilton: Hero Member. Registered member since June 25th, 2012.

escrow.ms: Hero Member. Registered member since December 28th, 2012.

fible1: Hero Member. Registered member since April 18th, 2013.

gweedo: Hero Member. Registered member since May 2nd, 2012.

John (John K.): Hero Member. Registered member since July 1st, 2011.

Juggalodarkclow: Hero Member. Registered member since October 2nd, 2011.

kcud_dab: Hero Member. Registered member since March 13th, 2013.

Maidak: Hero Member. Registered since July 22nd, 2011.

monbux: Hero Member. Registered since July 22nd, 2011.

ninjaboon: Hero Member. He offers his service on his own website. Registered member since August 11th, 2012.

OgNasty: Hero Member. Registered since June 5th, 2011.

sayulita: Sr. Member. He offers his service on his own website. Registered member since May 20th, 2013.

Tomatocage: Hero Member. Registered member since August 6th, 2011.

TwinWinNerD: Sr. Member. Registered since May 31st, 2011.

Very nice work, could you add the date of the last update in OP each date you update?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 09:18:52 PM

I think someone should create a new list with actual escrows. Though i guess only escrows are interested in this and this would mean if an escrow is doing this then it would look a bit strange and would bring up critics.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
fran2k

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 10:20:37 PM

I think someone should create a new list with actual escrows. Though i guess only escrows are interested in this and this would mean if an escrow is doing this then it would look a bit strange and would bring up critics.

I was thinking to start a new one too, but I thought something like that. But using objective stats like that based on reputation would seem fair anyway.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:19:36 AM

I'm still here, but my stats don't really change, even though I handle more volume now. Some people are just too lazy to post feedback, and sometimes I'm too lazy to remind them. Smiley And I am quite often offline, so my current contracts are just about enough for me to handle.

Salmon1989

Activity: 603

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:58:07 PM

I'm still here, but my stats don't really change, even though I handle more volume now. Some people are just too lazy to post feedback, and sometimes I'm too lazy to remind them. Smiley

The real problem is that Financisto hasn't been online for almost 3 months now. So all the stats are out of date, and new escrows are not included in the list.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 02:06:52 PM

I'm still here, but my stats don't really change, even though I handle more volume now. Some people are just too lazy to post feedback, and sometimes I'm too lazy to remind them. Smiley

The real problem is that Financisto hasn't been online for almost 3 months now. So all the stats are out of date, and new escrows are not included in the list.

Unfortunately i hear from many many people that they turn their back to bitcoin. I can understand it a bit. Practically everyone lost very much coins on scammers, inept businessmans, hacks, lost times for miners, accidents and so on. And a currency that is losing its worth more and more isnt very interesting at that time. Others are bound in their business and dont have time because of this. Maybe Financisto thinks similar.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
fran2k

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 04:53:18 PM

Unfortunately i hear from many many people that they turn their back to bitcoin. I can understand it a bit. Practically everyone lost very much coins on scammers, inept businessmans, hacks, lost times for miners, accidents and so on. And a currency that is losing its worth more and more isnt very interesting at that time. Others are bound in their business and dont have time because of this. Maybe Financisto thinks similar.

Yes, this is a concern for various of us who believe in the internets and distributed systems like cryptocurrencies. Here in the local Bitcoin Association we have got a lot of people reaching us because they had they computers infected with Cryptolock in example. But we shall not be confused. This is no inherent to cryptocurrencies, every system could be exploited by both ways.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:58:42 PM

I don't think you'd want to use an escrow agent who is only 3 months old. Just saying. I'm sure Financisto is fine, he's probably just busy with real life stuff. I'm usually busy myself.

montello

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:12:20 AM

Thank you for your effort at least money will no longer be going the wrong way via the escrow stuff.

Financisto (OP)

Activity: 632
Merit: 768

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 11:28:48 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2017, 06:17:34 AM by Financisto

Greetings to all!

I'm sorry I'm gonna lock this thread.

Reason (as mentioned before by our friend Dabs) is:

I'm sure Financisto is fine, he's probably just busy with real life stuff. [...]

As I've been VERY busy lately, I decided this way...

I hope others will (or already are) keep some list like this one...

And for those worried/curious about: I have not lost my faith in Bitcoin. We're still in the first stage. Cryptocurrencies are the future!

I wish a wonderful new year for everyone!

Cheers!

LIST • ESCROW providers • Ranking & Scores available!LIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
Financisto (OP)

Activity: 632
Merit: 768

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 05:09:26 AM

This list has been brought back from the ashes.

If you wanna apply for it post here (or send me PM) with the following info:

1) Cryptocurrencies accepted;

2) Fees;

3) PGP available?

4) Link to announcement thread.

LIST • ESCROW providers • Ranking & Scores available!LIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: