Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:26:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain just announced the AntMiner A3 - 815GH/s Siacoin miner - Blake(2b)  (Read 12712 times)
dt8666

Activity: 302
Merit: 102

Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:36:25 AM

FWIW here's my take on the soft / hard fork siacoin debate as well as my 24 hour profits on my antminer a3 + featured one of the comments in this thread xD

https://youtu.be/aII0FfKsU5U

Fully agreed with you on that dump reason of decentralisation by knock out A3. and channel back to SC1 is back to square.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:40:51 AM

This coins difficulty is going up higher than the ETH difficulty even

https://siamining.com/stats

compared to

https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate

Those who haven't received their ASIC yet must be really feeling it every 30 mins that the difficulty adjusts higher and higher.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Darknicks

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:05:00 AM

Those who haven't received their ASIC yet must be really feeling it every 30 mins that the difficulty adjusts higher and higher.

It adjusts 0.40% every block. So it will take a while to adjust up to a fair difficulty.

Fun fact: Out of the 15,000+ A3's that Bitmain sold last week, only ~1,700 are currently mining.
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:07:47 AM

https://siamining.com/stats

compared to

https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate

Yes, yes indeed.  It is torture.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:11:42 AM

Support me on the decred redit. Let's push the decred community to soft fork to defend itself against the obelisk dcr1 miner. The SIA development team have proven themselves untrustworthy. Who knows what they will do with all that decred asic hardware?! They will probably 51% attack the network! I heard that they sold 1 million miners!

https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/7st4fw/obelisk_51_attack_is_coming/

OMG, and here I was thinking your banner was funny.  One MILLION OBELISK MINERS SOLD???!  You, sir, are clearly a shill for Bitmain, or off your meds, or your sense of satire is sublime.  Pick any two.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
johnny_blaze

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:12:49 AM

It adjusts 0.40% every block. So it will take a while to adjust up to a fair difficulty.

Fun fact: Out of the 15,000+ A3's that Bitmain sold last week, only ~1,700 are currently mining.

any proof link to 15k A3 sold by Bitmain?

a lot of assumptions here on sold amount, but not a single has a trustable source...
alpha-miner

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:14:10 AM

If you ordered A3 via DHL, then how will you know if a customs fee is due, how do you pay it and how much?
johnny_blaze

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:27:04 AM

If you ordered A3 via DHL, then how will you know if a customs fee is due, how do you pay it and how much?
that depends on your country's customs rates for such devices
SkyLakeMine

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:28:30 AM

Which block explorer are you using? I can't get Sia block explorer to work.

https://explorer.siahub.info/hash/6b633a9030fc44f723ebd64113347407297df78b695872d52d1b9aba469ed0c8

Working for me now. It had an error earlier.

Overall I'm impressed with siamining site considering all the new traffic they are getting.
Just the deposits to exchanges are slow but that is probably exchanges fault.
BigSmokeyTheBear

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:19:20 AM
Merited by VoskCoin (1)

Whuddup Vosk, huge fan of your channel been following for awhile.

My friend and I both ordered AntMiner A3's, we received both today and got them hooked up around 6:00pm EST. One has been running flawlessly up until a few minutes ago, the other is exhibiting the same issues others have mentioned. Fault light comes on, shows erratic hash rates, all hash boards and ASIC chips are recognized, temps are okay but it's clearly not getting any work done.

We were getting hashrates of about 1500-1700 (total for both units combined), then it was around 900 when we first noticed an issue with one of the miners. Unplugged it for about two minutes, plugged it back in and still received a fault light and low hash rates. Unplugged it and swapped rooms, PSUs and cables with a known good S9 and it started working again at full speed. About 15-20 minutes later the same thing started happening.

Troubleshooting these kinda sucks because we keep them across town. May end up bringing them home until they simmer down and straighten out.

About two hours later I'm getting the issue for the first time with the other miner, now down to 313 GH/s total... No bueno. If anyone comes up with a solution or reason why this is happening would love to hear it.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:22:05 AM

a lot of assumptions here on sold amount, but not a single has a trustable source...

Trustable sources aren't required. They can just say whatever they want. That's how this game works. Watch.

OMG OBELISK IS GOING TO DESTROY DECRED! THEY ARE ATTACKING ALL THEIR COMPETITION. FIRST THEY FORKED SIACOIN TO DESTROY THE BITMAIN A3 NOW THEY WANT TO DESTROY DECRED WITH THEIR DCR1 MINER!!!!!! CAREFUL EVERYONE THEY ARE GOING TO 51% ATTACK DECRED! WE SHOULD SOFT FORK DECRED TO PREVENT THE MALICIOUS EVIL OBELISK MINERS FROM HAVING CENTRALIZED DECRED CONTROL! THEY USED ALL THEIR BTC FROM PREORDER TO SLOWLY BUY TOKEN FOR VOTING! THEY NOW CONTROL THE DECRED NETWORK!

hoschi

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:57:31 AM

What Temp do you guys have....
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:41:01 PM

No there is no proof. Just the usual rampant forum guess, conjecture and speculation. In all likelihood it's more like 5k between Asia and other countries. People looked at the total Bitmain wallet transfers and extrapolated that number failing to realize that Bitmain sells other products too.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:05:46 PM

My friend and I both ordered AntMiner A3's, we received both today and got them hooked up around 6:00pm EST. One has been running flawlessly up until a few minutes ago, the other is exhibiting the same issues others have mentioned. Fault light comes on, shows erratic hash rates, all hash boards and ASIC chips are recognized, temps are okay but it's clearly not getting any work done.

We were getting hashrates of about 1500-1700 (total for both units combined), then it was around 900 when we first noticed an issue with one of the miners. Unplugged it for about two minutes, plugged it back in and still received a fault light and low hash rates. Unplugged it and swapped rooms, PSUs and cables with a known good S9 and it started working again at full speed. About 15-20 minutes later the same thing started happening.

Troubleshooting these kinda sucks because we keep them across town. May end up bringing them home until they simmer down and straighten out.

About two hours later I'm getting the issue for the first time with the other miner, now down to 313 GH/s total... No bueno. If anyone comes up with a solution or reason why this is happening would love to hear it.
That’s awesome man thanks for the support!

Personally I just restarted it remotely twice and luckily it fixed itself

What pool are you on and what are temps and is it stock clocked?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
GunsN

Activity: 262
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:19:04 PM

which pool are you mining?
please give me some advice, I have received just right now and can't go on.
thanks

♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♩
Trust Us
SWA_HD

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:59:24 PM

That’s awesome man thanks for the support!

Personally I just restarted it remotely twice and luckily it fixed itself

What pool are you on and what are temps and is it stock clocked?

Have same issue same with my two A3... Did all know procedures ( reboot, reset, plug/unplug PSU, wifi and no changes. Hope boards will comes back same way it disappeared

DO you know source to A3 firmware  (version    1.3.0.Cool ? This could work also...  ATM have 800 GH/s on two --- f***g amazing, paid for two mining as one Smiley
tummymumma

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:29:48 PM

I didnt order through DHL, but through UPS and found out that I owe a customs fee of 72 Bux... Ugh Sad
BigSmokeyTheBear

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:39:05 PM

What I noticed overnight was that the S9's were all putting out about 2/3's their hash rate whereas previously they were fine, both A3's went down to almost nothing but were still hashing. Think the power draw was too high with all these machines, ended up unplugging an S9 and the other two evened out, A3's came back now putting out 1700 GH/s total for the longest period they've held yet. Possibly the reason why they only list 220 on their website... we're in the midst of having 3-phase 220 installed. Can't come soon enough!
btc2017btc2017

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:41:22 PM

I didnt order through DHL, but through UPS and found out that I owe a customs fee of 72 Bux... Ugh Sad

I don't see your issue. I have a 20% VAT bill of £345
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:10:56 PM

i got my A3 Today to, hoocked it up, got an ip but was not accesible. Without all Boards the A3 Webinterface comes up. I manged to get one Board Recognized. As soon as i connect more then that one Board the Webinterface is not accesable anymore and i cannot Ping the Device anymore.

Anyone has a Solution for that?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: