Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:10:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain just announced the AntMiner A3 - 815GH/s Siacoin miner - Blake(2b)  (Read 12722 times)
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:13:07 PM

Should be a month before that batch is shipped public
So you're sure Bitmain isn't running the units prior to shipping to scoop the gravy.....like they did with the first batch?

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:30:56 PM

According to SiaMining Stat, the difficulty recently has dropped from 12m TH to 7m+ TH.  Anyone knew why it dropped so fast?  One possible reason I could think of is be many A3 started to break down?

diff is being corrected after hardfork on 139000 block... so it will go down till reaching 10m block time

Not really understand what diff is being corrected mean.  Will this help on those A3 owner any?

Yes - means we are all getting more coins per day. I am up about 50% today in amount of coins per day my A3 is mining.

The first batch will ROI before the 2nd batch ships, no worries there. Than the second batch should have a similar ROI based off the lower price point.
it will ROI I'm pretty sure of it
my 15m profit got from 9SC to 17SC almost doubled in one day
SkyLakeMine

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 08:34:58 PM

The first batch will ROI before the 2nd batch ships, no worries there. Than the second batch should have a similar ROI based off the lower price point.

It depends on what you do with the SIA coins that you mine.
1. Stay in SIA?
2. Exchange to another crypto?
3. Cash out to fiat?

What is everyone doing with their SIA?
Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:08:12 PM

It depends on what you do with the SIA coins that you mine.
1. Stay in SIA?
2. Exchange to another crypto?
3. Cash out to fiat?

What is everyone doing with their SIA?

Mining 250,000+ SC and hold for $0.50-$0.75 in 2 yrs.   A3 is mining like a Champ.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
glosed

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:52:04 AM

Hey all,

I've been reading this forum for a few months, and have been waiting to get into the mining game for a while. I understand there's a lot of uncertainty around Sia and the A3 with respect to long-term profitability, but even at $30-ish daily payout the ROI is far superior to other miners and the payback period is the shortest in the market (so far).

I finally got my A3 set up tonight, and things are looking great - but I have a few questions.

First, current stats:

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 G2, on a 110/120v, 20amp dedicated circuit

Avg hashrate: 830GH/s

Frequency: default 600

Temps:
PCB   Chip
45   58
45   59
46   60

Fan speeds: ~3,400
(I'm getting such low temps because it's sitting with the intake pointed at an open window with ~20F outside temps, so that won't last too long but really enjoying that it's quiet enough to sleep next to. I like a little white noise anyway)

Now my questions...

• Mining pool selection - I set up SiaMining at first and was getting around 80SC/hour. In the spirit of decentralizing and supporting good pools, I swapped over to Luxor, and my SC/hour was much smaller. After over 90 minutes it was estimating about 30SC, so I reverted back to SiaMining. However, I just refreshed the Luxor page and it is showing 362SC for just under 2 hour's work. Why does the number fluctuate so much, and why was that figure so delayed? Is that typical with Luxor, or is it due to the nature of PPLNS? Also, it seemed to take MUCH longer for my hashrate to reach ~800 on Luxor (30 mins or so) vs. SiaMining where I had full hash within a couple minutes. Or should I go with F2Pool instead? Haven't tried that one out yet.
  • HW error rate - People have been mentioning HW errors as "a lot of errors" or "an acceptable rate", but I haven't seen hard stats on what those rates actually are.
     Is 0.01% too high? 0.1%? 1%? I'm currently at 0.006%...
  • Overclocking - Given my stats above, I'm surprised everyone is having to underclock their miners... I guess I'll chalk it up to it being reallly cold outside at the moment. However, I'm looking to overclock my miner, at least during the day when I'm gone and don't need lower fan speeds for noise. I'm not going to touch anything until my Kill A Watt shows up and I can monitor power draw, but with the EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 Gold on a 110/120v, 20Amp dedicated circuit, what does everyone think I should limit my at-the-wall wattage to? Also I'm more than happy to get a read on draw at a multitude of frequencies since seems other people have also asked for that as well. Curious about HW rate tolerance as well.

Thanks in advance!

-Glosed
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:17:34 AM

• Mining pool selection - I set up SiaMining at first and was getting around 80SC/hour. In the spirit of decentralizing and supporting good pools, I swapped over to Luxor, and my SC/hour was much smaller. After over 90 minutes it was estimating about 30SC, so I reverted back to SiaMining. However, I just refreshed the Luxor page and it is showing 362SC for just under 2 hour's work. Why does the number fluctuate so much, and why was that figure so delayed? Is that typical with Luxor, or is it due to the nature of PPLNS? Also, it seemed to take MUCH longer for my hashrate to reach ~800 on Luxor (30 mins or so) vs. SiaMining where I had full hash within a couple minutes. Or should I go with F2Pool instead? Haven't tried that one out yet.
  • HW error rate - People have been mentioning HW errors as "a lot of errors" or "an acceptable rate", but I haven't seen hard stats on what those rates actually are.
  • Overclocking - Given my stats above, I'm surprised everyone is having to underclock their miners... I guess I'll chalk it up to it being reallly cold outside at the moment. However, I'm looking to overclock my miner, at least during the day when I'm gone and don't need lower fan speeds for noise. I'm not going to touch anything until my Kill A Watt shows up and I can monitor power draw, but with the EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 Gold on a 110/120v, 20Amp dedicated circuit, what does everyone think I should limit my at-the-wall wattage to? Also I'm more than happy to get a read on draw at a multitude of frequencies since seems other people have also asked for that as well. Curious about HW rate tolerance as well.

I am jealous of your temps.

1) Mining pool--Luxor is having some sort of problem where their luck is currently at about 40%, so they switched over to PPLNS from PPS. Which means you get paid out in an average over time, but with their luck that low you're still going to make less right now (in theory). Siamining is PPS and currently paying out well. I'm with you though, I prefer Luxor and will switch back when whatever problem they're having gets sorted.

2) .01% is fine. .1% is ok. 1% is too much (opinions vary, but that's my standard).

3) Your cold air is your advantage, these things run hot. But I have mine overclocked (650 currently but usually 631). Overclocking voids your warranty, fair warning there. Your at-the-wall is your call; you can calculate profit with usage deducted at whattomine.com, it's usually pretty close. On a 20a 110 circuit, I'd suggest limiting wattage to 1700W for safety, you likely won't get anywhere near that though. HW isn't necessarily higher at higher frequencies, it depends. 631 drops more than 650 for me. It's more machine dependent.
redalert11

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 07:11:05 AM

Hey all,

I've been reading this forum for a few months, and have been waiting to get into the mining game for a while. I understand there's a lot of uncertainty around Sia and the A3 with respect to long-term profitability, but even at $30-ish daily payout the ROI is far superior to other miners and the payback period is the shortest in the market (so far).

I finally got my A3 set up tonight, and things are looking great - but I have a few questions.

First, current stats:

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 G2, on a 110/120v, 20amp dedicated circuit

Avg hashrate: 830GH/s

Frequency: default 600

Temps:
PCB   Chip
45   58
45   59
46   60

Fan speeds: ~3,400
(I'm getting such low temps because it's sitting with the intake pointed at an open window with ~20F outside temps, so that won't last too long but really enjoying that it's quiet enough to sleep next to. I like a little white noise anyway)

Now my questions...

Thanks in advance!

-Glosed

When I was mining on Luxor I noticed that they update the true share count every half hour or so hence the reason it spiked after awhile.  I haven't mined there for awhile and not sure if they did change the payout scheme but when I was mining at Luxor, I found out that in the long term the SC mined per hour was equal if not better than siamining.  3% is robbery but its on par with most PPS pool.  I don't like the centralization at one pool either but I like seeing the stats in real time which is why I use siamining despite the 3% fee.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:38:03 AM

Should be a month before that batch is shipped public
So you're sure Bitmain isn't running the units prior to shipping to scoop the gravy.....like they did with the first batch?

What makes you think that Bitmain run the miners before shipping? Bought all types of ASICs from Bitmain S3s to A3s and all were brand spanking new, and I have bought quite a few. Granted if you bought an used miner from eBay or someone else to save a few bucks the miner would come covered in dust, crud you name it Wink

However, Bitmain does have a habit of shipping ahead of schedule, March 15 batch could start to show up end of February or early March.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
redalert11

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 08:28:39 AM

Every unit I ever received from Bitmain looked brand new.  I'm sure they they test them prior to shipping.  I don't think a company would stake its reputation on selling premined machines.  Furthermore, wouldn't it cost them more down the line in warranty repairs? 
greyday

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:33:33 AM

Every unit I ever received from Bitmain looked brand new.  I'm sure they they test them prior to shipping.  I don't think a company would stake its reputation on selling premined machines.  Furthermore, wouldn't it cost them more down the line in warranty repairs? 

Agreed. It's far more likely that they keep a percentage of the machines and run them before or at the point of shipping, so they probably do turn a profit on mining before everyone else's arrive. But primarily they are a hardware company, and based on the volume of sales I doubt they're hurting for cash...
eth_mining

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:11:41 PM

9000 THS to 10300 THS in 4 hours. I cant believe those are Batch 1 miners. Bitmain is fucking playing games.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:27:36 PM

9000 THS to 10300 THS in 4 hours. I cant believe those are Batch 1 miners. Bitmain is fucking playing games.

no doubt.....

the fire sale also IMHO, are due to the fact they are getting miners out of China (with China's new policy of slowly depleting miners in the country)

do you really think they are gonna MOVE the miners out? Thus the fire sale....

so you are all getting refurbished equip in this fire sale of bitmain IMHO

as to the A3's as the newest product, again IMHO, they are probably already mining away in a data hallsOUTSIDE China, as they are last new equip pushed

thus it is with bitmain the usual

rinse/wash/repeat

Bitmain: (evil is our game...and ROI is your pain!...Unless you are first in line that is!) (tm: bitmain)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:52:25 PM

Bitmain never selling cheap and now they put tag price at $980, so next month we will have $5 like D3  Grin

Or SIA dev make a fork to stop ASIC invasion before they do (with their asic)

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:58:42 PM

Bitmain never selling cheap and now they put tag price at $980, so next month we will have $5 like D3  Grin

Or SIA dev make a fork to stop ASIC invasion before they do (with their asic)

With Bitmain likely to kick these A3 units out like toasters and at fire-sale prices (likely to drop further) My only hope is that Sia-Tech does do a USAF fork that passes.

I bought FIVE dubious Obelisk SC-1 SiaCoin (SC) miners.....the network they want to use the ASIC's for and decentralized $1 to $10 Amazon Cloud prices is my only hope.

Likely, I'd need the USAF fork of SiaCoin to come to pass, for even that to work! Remember EVEN IF IT WAS JUST THE OBELISKS...Sia-Tech expected 25% more SiaCoin (SC)

being made by ASIC's increase PER MONTH. Thus without such a network in place, this coin may blow up quicker than Scrypt-N did when KNC Titans did a mod to mine such.

The Scrypt-N coins were essentially worth nothing to mine in 2 weeks. The same scenario may happen with SiaCoin (SC), UNLESS they have their storage network in place and

kick ass in a massive way and need this much coins/tokens for their plan. (re-reading above: depressed myself) Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
indifferent

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:01:54 PM

Yea looks like Halong might be turning some on too.

https://twitter.com/HalongMining/status/959803302681563142
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:54:56 PM

Yea looks like Halong might be turning some on too.

https://twitter.com/HalongMining/status/959803302681563142

Again, secretive at best...scam at worst...no legit demo/3rd party review/etc (at least on the BTC miner, they are pushing)

Likely, IMHO, if LEGIT, they have taken all the pre-order money from the about 3 batches of pre-orders, I'd guess and are mining the hell

out of stuff...(er testing, as they would say) Smiley

Not sure about these guys yet, in any way,shape or form.

glosed

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:29:06 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 11:53:23 PM by glosed

I am jealous of your temps.

1) Mining pool--Luxor is having some sort of problem where their luck is currently at about 40%, so they switched over to PPLNS from PPS. Which means you get paid out in an average over time, but with their luck that low you're still going to make less right now (in theory). Siamining is PPS and currently paying out well. I'm with you though, I prefer Luxor and will switch back when whatever problem they're having gets sorted.

2) .01% is fine. .1% is ok. 1% is too much (opinions vary, but that's my standard).

3) Your cold air is your advantage, these things run hot. But I have mine overclocked (650 currently but usually 631). Overclocking voids your warranty, fair warning there. Your at-the-wall is your call; you can calculate profit with usage deducted at whattomine.com, it's usually pretty close. On a 20a 110 circuit, I'd suggest limiting wattage to 1700W for safety, you likely won't get anywhere near that though. HW isn't necessarily higher at higher frequencies, it depends. 631 drops more than 650 for me. It's more machine dependent.

Are HW errors at all related to the pool you are mining from? My hunch is no... but I was sitting in the other room and my miner shot up to 100% fan speed for no reason (when I checked the miner status PCB/Chip temps were like 30/40 so that wasn't the cause). But my error rate was nearly 3% which is way above what it has been to date (read: the 22 hours or so it's been running).

Also, it looks like there's something up with SiaMining, wondering if that could be the cause of the fan speed? Pool hashrate dropped like a rock. I figured it could be due to some miners going to AntPool, since https://siastats.info/mining_pools.html shows about 300TH/s that I don't think was there before. But then I noticed my own hashrate had gone down. To rule out that being the result of me getting a spike in HW errors or something else happening like it resetting and spiking the fanspeed, all/many of the addresses here: https://siamining.com/addresses are also getting cut in half...as if I needed a reason to switch back to Luxor, it does seem like their luck issues are getting better.

https://i.imgur.com/jJFgYJN.png
glosed

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:52:57 PM

Also, it looks like there's something up with SiaMining, wondering if that could be the cause of the fan speed? Pool hashrate dropped like a rock. I figured it could be due to some miners going to AntPool, since https://siastats.info/mining_pools.html shows about 300TH/s that I don't think was there before. But then I noticed my own hashrate had gone down. To rule out that being the result of me getting a spike in HW errors or something else happening like it resetting and spiking the fanspeed, all/many of the addresses here: https://siamining.com/addresses are also getting cut in half...as if I needed a reason to switch back to Luxor, it does seem like their luck issues are getting better.

https://i.imgur.com/jJFgYJN.png

Followup, it seems to be a network issue, as many of the top addresses on SiaMining, Luxor, and F2Pool all show the same hashrate dip...
Boneyg001

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:02:10 AM

Ummm wtf this video is going around saying the Antminer a3 emits HCHO/Formaldehyde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjjRClk1se0

this can cause cancer and irritation.. is there any truth to this video?
greyday

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:06:05 AM

Are HW errors at all related to the pool you are mining from? My hunch is no... but I was sitting in the other room and my miner shot up to 100% fan speed for no reason (when I checked the miner status PCB/Chip temps were like 30/40 so that wasn't the cause). But my error rate was nearly 3% which is way above what it has been to date (read: the 22 hours or so it's been running).

HW = Hardware Faults. Not at all related to where the machine is pointed.

Are you overclocked?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: