Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:43:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell all alts for Bitcoin while it's down?  (Read 902 times)
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 12:19:11 PM

Don't be hasty with your decisions. The reason prices drop so much when there is a bloodbath like this is exactly that - people panicking and selling everything as they suddenly believe it will all lose value. Hold you nerve, stop looking at coinmarketcap and go outside for a bit! It wont last and all the true coins with value will have a surge in a week or two.
KTPU777

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

AMON - Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:23:35 PM

If you have a small minus will be from this sale, then you can sell, then it will be cheaper to rebuild. If there is a big minus, then you should not sell. Wait until the correction is over and prices start to rise.

Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:29:14 PM

I know everything is down right now.. especially Bitcoin.. Should we sell our alts for Btc and rebuy when it rises again or is it much for muchness?
I think not a good idea. First that must be put to consider is what kind of altcoins you are holding? If do you think all of it are not good for keeping it long maybe selling it is the good move, but if these are potential altcoins better not to sell. Sometimes having altcoins is more profitable than bitcoin because of being too much expensive.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
gizmodo1987

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:30:35 PM

Its shopping time now on crypto market. If you have extra money just buy more alts or btc.  Don't sell your alts as it will be back on track. What goes down must go up. Smiley
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:35:33 PM

We al have been experiencing lack of hope for all prices but try to hold it mate even though prices are dump, dont sell alts for bitcoin, because if prices will be back, you have more options.
Eddyc

Activity: 1017
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:39:26 PM

Regardless of your experience in crypto, we have to follow a pattern of success, by observing the market, about 300 billion was withdrawn, knowing thereof, what to do? It will depend on your portfolio and earnings goals, if are bold and sell your altcoins and buy Bitcoin expect increase and repurchase with more weight your altcoins sold is a breakthrough and so much. Thinking is the way.

Note* I write about projects that can do something for society. Now whether this will happen depends not on me, but on the project team. I'm just a writer... DYOR
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:40:15 PM

Is not a bad idea, since bitcoin is $10.500 , a big price drop, and certainly will recover (i hope)
So now is a good moment for buy bitcoin and not only, hold for a little period and after that sell for a good profit Smiley
Wipper

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:42:53 PM

You better not sell your alt, and i think its a good time to refill right now.
monergo

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:44:42 PM

No sense in doing so, as the 'down' prices you are talking about is compared to USD.
Right now, all coins are in a downtrend.. you should trade if you believe in the alt in any case.
magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:45:01 PM

I know everything is down right now.. especially Bitcoin.. Should we sell our alts for Btc and rebuy when it rises again or is it much for muchness?

There are 4 options:
1. as u said sell alts for btc.
2. sell btc for alts
3. just hold
4. no investing.

i think no.4 is not recommended because you will miss a great opportunity. no.3 is good if u want to be safer. atm no.1 and 2 are both good equal options.
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:45:15 PM

If you are in loss don't sell your alts since those coins will recover too when bitcoin start to rise back, the corrections or the downfall right now
is really affecting each project so if you are thinking wisely, better to keep buying and holding  will be very profitable for sure.

Lupulei

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:45:34 PM

Buying for fiat money would be the moment now.
But everyone have their own possibilities and their own way.
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:48:50 PM

for me now is the best opportunity to buy coins which are priced low, hold on to them until prices will rise again. remember it is still January there are a lot of months to hold on to those coins until it reaches the maximum peak and get huge profits. But if you are one of those who bought coins in a much higher price then just hold on to those coins until you can break it even or get a little profit.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:51:46 PM

You already lose a lot so why don't you just hold and ride the storm, selling right now is a bad move especially if you are losing, the price will recover when the crash ended. If you have spare cash then it's the right time to fill your bag with coins that you like because it's on sale right now, great project will recover after this while the bad one will keep dying.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Lupulei

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:53:44 PM

Buying for fiat money would be the moment now.
But everyone have their own possibilities and their own way.
Cryptokingind

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:54:49 PM

It is good time to convert your  alt coin to bitcoin becouse bitcoin is in corretione mode and it can move upward any time after this correction if we convert now we get more profit.
tarlok01

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:56:53 PM

Yes, Your decision is correct. You sell your altcoin has satoshi velue is down now when ever Bitcoin goes up get decent profit.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 12:58:06 PM

Yes, that seems to be good idea unless and until those coins are not potential coins to grow in the future. For example, I wouldn't sell my ether for the bitcoin because that would be really bad idea. This year ether is going to perfect coin and will rise a lot. People are also very sceptical about it and you will see how it will grow to 10K real soon. Considering other coins which were pumped artificially are not good stuff to hold so you can exchange them with the BTC for sure. If we work that way then we can have better opportunity to earn profits by the end of year. But I would really stress that we should not exchange the ETH. :-)
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:06:52 PM

Don't be hasty with your decisions. The reason prices drop so much when there is a bloodbath like this is exactly that - people panicking and selling everything as they suddenly believe it will all lose value. Hold you nerve, stop looking at coinmarketcap and go outside for a bit! It wont last and all the true coins with value will have a surge in a week or two.
Agree I think you do not need to panic because of the current market conditions. you better go out and do refreshing for the next few days. I'm sure this terrible price change happens because of some news and issue that makes many users panic and sell their bitcoin. I'm sure when the bitcoin market situation returns to normal and not panic. prices will rise again. do not panic stay patient dude..
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:08:22 PM

For me should  not sell my coins.i would rather just hold on it waiting the rigth time rise up again.I decide to buy some altcoins before the low price in the market
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: