Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:50:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell all alts for Bitcoin while it's down?  (Read 900 times)
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:47:09 PM

Good day! You can't sell alts when bitcoin is down because you'll end up at loss. Not unless you bought your atls so cheap and you've already gained profit. Then rebuy the dip. Right timing is all you need.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:57:36 PM

But in fact altcoins too become cheaper, is not it? Therefore, I do not see a difference, because as soon as bitcoin grows, the altcoins will also grow rapidly, so probably you should not talk about buying bitcoins.
I think that's not good idea maybe its better if you hold it till the value increased, then probably you can get more profit. So don't take the risk of selling when its down, maybe you should buy than selling it when there's a dropping. All you need to do is to wait before you sell it.
buboyskie

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:00:16 PM

If you are on profit go and sell it all but if not don't sell because you will regret it later. Just HODL guys don't panic what happening on the market right is just a normal correction for the market to be healthy. I'll suggest buy more BTC if you can. then buy alts whose on dip it will give you and easy profit.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:05:44 PM

Well if you lose the timing for selling those alts,you should hold it and wait for it to rise again.There's no telling when the price will bounce back and you could lose your money if you are not careful.When the price is high you should watch the market every time and find the timing as for when you can sell your coin.You can buyback later if the price fall below your expectation.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:15:05 PM

If you see an upcoming downtrend or market crash then hedge your Crypto against USDT including your Bitcoins also. Don't move everything to Bitcoin because the chances of Bitcoin going down against USD is very high. In the end you would lose up USD if you do like this but if accumulating BTC is your top priority then convert to BTC else NO.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:49:44 AM

By doing this you are assuming that the rise in the bitcoin price will be able to generate enough profits for your loss in altcoins. Most altcoins are connected to bitcoins in one way or the other, so a decrease in the bitcoin price will definitely have an effect on the altcoin prices, and since altcoins are priced lower than bitcoins, the rise of bitcoin will generate more profits for investments in altcoins than bitcoins in most cases.

I don't think so because to sell our altcoin while the price is down is only bring a lost for us and although we can get our bitcoin back, the amount will be reduced than before. like what I see today when bitcoin is down, many altcoins is down too and it's mean, we cannot make any profit and if we can wait a little longer, then I think we can sell the altcoin when the price is back to increase. but maybe he prefers to sell the altcoin to get his bitcoin back than to hold his altcoin and wait until the price increase again.
Yes, the alts will bounce back pretty soon when the bearish trend with bitcoin is done, so as far as I am concerned, the best thing to do now is to hold.

Eventually, their increase anyway will be an increase in one's BTC holding, so selling for loss now, is more like selling BTC for loss into fiat. What I would just say is for the OP to make sure he is holding some potential coins capable of good growth than just some random shit coins.
Instant_exit

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:54:53 AM

I sold some of my ether yesterday, do you think that was a bad idea...? I kept about 70% of my stack though, so even if eth moons now it will be ok, I hope. Im thinking bitcoin will probably go up again after this, hopefully.

Cheers,
J

AimHigh

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:58:49 AM

I know everything is down right now.. especially Bitcoin.. Should we sell our alts for Btc and rebuy when it rises again or is it much for muchness?

Its up to you if you are also panic in the value just sall it if not hold and invest more. If you asking me im not selling my bitcoin because i know soon or soonest wil rising up again just like what happen last year so im trying to hold my coins and invest more to earn in the future because falling down of value was not permanent and soon its rising up again.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:09:59 PM

I know everything is down right now.. especially Bitcoin.. Should we sell our alts for Btc and rebuy when it rises again or is it much for muchness?

In my own opinion, it is not necessary to sell your alts for bitcoins because the value in the market is still decreasing, always remember that the value of altcoins is always base on bitcoins so you still none earn profit and it is better to hold your altcoins because it might grows up when the value of bitcoins rise up again.
futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:12:39 PM

But in fact altcoins too become cheaper, is not it? Therefore, I do not see a difference, because as soon as bitcoin grows, the altcoins will also grow rapidly, so probably you should not talk about buying bitcoins.

If we convert Altcoin to bitcoin or Bitcoin to Altcoin either we will be in loos. So it is always good to hold the Bitcoin or Altcoin instead of selling them in the market because once the Bitcoin price is increasing automatically the price of altcoin will also increase.
Rhaiyah

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:43:45 PM

Sell altcoins now is a bad idea. Now nothing is better not to sell. The market should soon turn around and prices will start to rise. Therefore, it is better to just wait. Selling at the bottom is the worst thing.
Yes selling altcoins is bad idea, it's better to wait and hold your altcoins until it will rise again. But of course it depends on what coins did you hold, if it's have potential or nothing.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:35:00 PM

well to me it is all about %. if you think bitcoin can increase as much of a % as your alts will do or more then you should sell for bitcoin. but if you have some coins who have a great potential you should keep the alt as most alts are going to be able to rise more %wise then bitcoin
Even bitcoin will not just start a bull momentum like that; there would be a consolidation period for bitcoin where all the altcoins may try to start having some pretty good bounce back by then. This is always a good time to make some profit on them before bitcoin starts any huge bull run as that sometimes affect alts too when traders are trying to cash in profit on bitcoin.

your strategy does not work and it does not work out, everyone knows that along with Bitcoin, the altcoines have collapsed, that is, the value of the portfolio from the change of places will not change
Simple, and the good thing is that when bitcoin starts a little bit of its rally, the alts too will bounce back for a while. So, selling now is not even a good option. Better to hold for the rally and sell for profit into BTC when they get back up. This is in the sense that the OP is a trader and will know when to sell and when to hold, when to get into BTC and when to chill.
Euroda

Activity: 370

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:40:21 PM

i prefer to hold them than to sell them or maybe buy more altcoin or tokens that you do hold so whenever it came back to its original price you will get a lot of profits when you came back

Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:49:15 PM

Bitcoin value is ansolutely tempting and there is nothing wrong if you purchase more bitcoins and hodl them but selling altcoins for bitcoins is another story. If you think the altcoins you are hodling won't be recovering or give you any profit then i guess it is safe to say that you should sell them and buy bitcoins. However, if you are hodling altcoins that are actually profit gainers then i guess it is best to hodl those altcoins and wait until it pumps up. As for me, i would definitely hold on to my coins and wait.

Specialforce

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:51:24 PM

selling altcoin while the market is red is pretty not thing to do especially when that coins is a valuable just wait for the profits or wait until the market return the price to its original

Aqcizromencez

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:55:37 PM

unnecessary action to sell when the price is down and buy again for btc .. should have to buy again and hold it some time ahead.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
jsarce

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:55:50 PM

It would be better if you maintain 10-20% of your portfolio per coin. You will lose some but will not lose it all. But i will not say selling ALL of your alts is a bad idea rather, it's just too risky.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:57:24 PM

I do not think that this is a good idea, only because altcoins are getting cheaper in price as much or more than bitcoin, so I think that it is not worth it, yet I think that you just need to wait until the bitoyin regains its strength and price. so we must wait.

ryjin1007

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:01:39 PM

Your just have to throw away your money if you sell all your alts to buy btc remember alts have an specific time to pump you should have to wait for it or else your just wasting your time holding your alts on your wallet
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:06:20 PM

if the bitcoin price falls, then altcoin also follows it. so if you want to sell all your altcoin for bitcoin, it means you're stupid. you also get a loss from the altcoin. because it sells when the price goes down.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: