Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:34:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018!  (Read 16824 times)
Metroid (OP)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:38:43 AM

Yes, there's no ASIC for ethash and equihash... it's purely rumored, the purpose of it may be to create FUD among GPU miners. Contrary to OP's subject, Re: GPU mining will die in 2018!, I'm 1M% certain it will never die this 2018 and beyond. I think OP is referring to this thread in which he's 3 comments/posts.

Also, it's good to note that Nvidia is going to release New Card Good for Mining Ethash Coins, so if it's true (and not just pure FUD) that GPU mining will die in 2018, then Nvidia will never launch and/or manufacture dedicated mining graphics cards as these would be useless.

Check the post date troll, I'm the one who leaked everything and because of that they left me in the dark concerning cryptonight asic. No matter, you trolls will find out soon what is about to happen, so hang tight with your troll head and do not flinch cause clubs are taking heads out with just one swing hehe

It's all about competition and nvidia will price according to that.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:53:59 AM

How CPU mining die if we have algo which mines only on cpu, i dont talk about cryptonight

honestinvestor

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:32:52 AM

Say, say a lot of things...!!! Some "predictors" predicted the death of Bitcoin and the whole crypto world... And? ...Almost all the way around-all only begins! Cool
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:43:38 AM

Nvidia locks & encrypts their bios, fuck those guys; AMD FTW. Also last time I tried to buy Nvidia GPUs to build a test rig and try them out nvidia reps called the store and told them not to sell me any nvidia GPUs; so really fuck that company.
ManicMiner23

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:51:32 AM

Nvidia locks & encrypts their bios, fuck those guys; AMD FTW. Also last time I tried to buy Nvidia GPUs to build a test rig and try them out nvidia reps called the store and told them not to sell me any nvidia GPUs; so really fuck that company.

These guys has increased the marketshare to almost 70%, and has a 6.91 billions $ revenue. But yes, they don`t know what they are doing.
notbatman
Legendary

Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:01:47 PM

These guys has increased the marketshare to almost 70%, and has a 6.91 billions $ revenue. But yes, they don`t know what they are doing.

You seem to misunderstand my post, i'm claiming they're assholes.
ManicMiner23

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:20:30 PM

You seem to misunderstand my post, i'm claiming they're assholes.

I think this is starting to have notghing to do with the topic, just to explain what I want to say,  a company like nvidia deserves some respect, as they are selling every gpu they produce, and this means millions per year,  and they are increasing profits Quarter after Quarter, If you don`t like nvidia products or their policy about nvidia bios , well theres an easy solution, just don`t buy it, you can buy amd products.

mombay

Activity: 299
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:30:54 PM

No, I don't think GPU mining will be dead soon. As long as it's profitable I'd prefer mining with GPU rather than ASICs, simply because once you miscalculated or gamble too much like with the D3 last year, those ASICs will

soon be a doorstop or even nice expensive heater that I don't need since I live in tropical area.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:40:01 PM

This year started pretty bad, if there were no asics, trust me profitability and altcoin market would be amazing right now. People would still be earning $4 per card on eth, zec would be around $5 per day. Asics kill any profitability and make any coin more centralized as the day goes.

rdluffy
Legendary

Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 06:45:59 PM

This year started pretty bad, if there were no asics, trust me profitability and altcoin market would be amazing right now. People would still be earning $4 per card on eth, zec would be around $5 per day. Asics kill any profitability and make any coin more centralized as the day goes.

I agree with you
People have to understand about everything, but they keep posting: GPU will never die, GPU forever...
Without knowing if they start to sell Equihash or Ethash Asics, it's probably the end...

There will be a lot of coins to mine for sure, but the difficulty will be insane for every coin, it's simple

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
martens81

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:47:48 PM

Mining lived, the mining is alive, the mining will be alive.
Zepp74

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:57:17 PM

I wish bitmain and asics would just die off. Hopefully more coins and devs will continue to make them asic proof for the future.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:30:03 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 08:35:25 PM by Vann

The main reasons for a decrease in profitability from the beginning of the year are a 60-80% drop in the price from the ATH for most coins AND an increase in difficulty. In the case of ETH it's down 60% from the ATH of $1,350 at the beginning of the year and the difficulty is up 68% from the beginning of the year. Even if there was NO difficulty increase from the beginning of the year, a RX 570 would be making $1.80 per day at the current price.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/ethereum-difficulty.html#3m

http://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=31.0&d_enabled=true&d=1.81907313557642e%2B15&p=150.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.12&hcost=&commit=Calculate

ZEC is down 66% from the $728 ATH at the beginning of the year and the difficulty is up 42% from the beginning of the year. If the difficulty remained the same as the beginning of the year, a 1080 Ti would be making $2.11 a day at the current price.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/zcash-difficulty.html#3m

http://whattomine.com/coins/166-zec-equihash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=750.0&d_enabled=true&d=6992090.65&p=200.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.12&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:33:39 PM

All asics cause big coin investors know what the hell is going on too and they know they will buy cheap eth and other altcoins, so they sell what they have and then buy back cheaper and then start filling their bags again for the next run, as they know there are asics for eth, now they are investigating the bottom, checking the desperate or idiots who will sell their eth, zec cheap and then will pump these coins 10 times next time. This is pure manipulation but they are only doing it cause they know they can cause asics gave them a reason too. If were not for asics then eth and other altcoins would not have crashed, even bitcoin would not crashed. Probably eth would have been around $3000, bitcoin close to $27k and zec $1200. It happened the same with bitcoin, as soon as asics started mining bitcoin, bitcoin crashed 15 times and then stood at 9 times.

Noobs will say bitcoin crashed because of mt.gox because they dont want to tell the truth. Bitcoin crashed with asics because it was easy money, so it was a run to sell or lose profit cause it was very easy to mine and earn bitcoins.

rdluffy
Legendary

Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 08:39:10 PM

All asics cause big coin investors know what the hell is going on too and they know they will buy cheap eth and other altcoins, so they sell what they have and then buy back cheaper and then start filling their bags again for the next run, as they know there are asics for eth, now they are investigating the bottom, checking the desperate or idiots who will sell their eth, zec cheap and then will pump these coins 10 times next time. This is pure manipulation but they are only doing it cause they know they can cause asics gave them a reason too. If were not for asics then eth and other altcoins would not have crashed, even bitcoin would not crashed. Probably eth would have been around $3000, bitcoin close to $27k and zec $1200. It happened the same with bitcoin, as soon as asics started mining bitcoin, bitcoin crashed 15 times and then stood at 9 times.

Noobs will say bitcoin crashed because of mt.gox because they dont want to tell the truth. Bitcoin crashed with asics because it was easy money, so it was a run to sell or lose profit cause it was very easy to mine and earn bitcoins.

And most of people ignore this fact

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:46:32 PM

There are lots of reasons for a market correction, but nobody that has any credibility is saying that. Only a delusional nutjob with fantasies of ASIC conspiracies, GPU mining dying and suicidal noobs. LOL.
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:56:44 PM

There are lots of reasons for a market correction, but nobody that has any credibility is saying that. Only a delusional nutjob with fantasies of ASIC conspiracies, GPU mining dying and suicidal noobs. LOL.

Your term "market correction" for me is manipulation to their favor cause they can right now cause supply is low on rewards for gpu miners and high for asics manufactures miners and about demand, investors are afraid to buy cause they know asic manufactures are getting coins easy, so investors are not buying and instead of holding their coins some with big bags start selling cause if they dont then asic companies will or vice versa. Another truth is asics companies are selling their mined coins for fast profit till they find a bottom and then will start filling their bags again and stop selling and then pump 10x/20x.

ManicMiner23

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:24:05 PM

And most of people ignore this fact

Bitcoin started to be mined with asics on 2013, bitcoin value were at 40$ on march 2013, bitcoin went to 20k on december 2017, a 500x value, so if you say that asics makes a coin value to drop, you can see what happened with bitcoin and see that for bitcoin it was not true that asics were something bad, maybe for gpu miners on 2013 asics were bad news, but not for new asics miners who started a business and not for bitmain, and not for the bitcoin value.
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:30:30 PM

I think this defeats the whole purpose of the decentralized coin idea and it will not be allowed to die.

I think the future of crypto currency is in the coins that are ASIC resistant or for coins that strive to be ASIC resistant, like someone was saying BTG is trying to avoid ASICs as much as possible.

I think everyone is aware of the fact that the BTC network has become very congested (transactions are being processed very slow) thus sellers are starting to keep away from it.

I mean even the bitcoin conference did not accept btc as a form of payment. That tell us something right?

There are plenty of ASIC resistant coins to mine profitably with your GPUs.

ASIC devices will just be a part of the mining market. Most of miners are using GPU rigs, because if you're bored with mining, you can just sell your GPUs for gamers.

A bunch of ASIC devices is already obsolete, nobody wants it and it's not profitable anymore.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:34:15 PM

Bitcoin started to be mined with asics on 2013, bitcoin value were at 40$ on march 2013, bitcoin went to 20k on december 2017, a 500x value, so if you say that asics makes a coin value to drop, you can see what happened with bitcoin and see that for bitcoin it was not true that asics were something bad, maybe for gpu miners on 2013 asics were bad news, but not for new asics miners who started a business and not for bitmain, and not for the bitcoin value.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_Bitcoin_mining_ASICs

Unscammed bitcoins asics were delivered at the end of 2013, december to be precise, before that too many scams and other things, most people paid huge sums of money and never received their bitcoin asic. Check the list.

Bitcoin crashed hard when the market was flooded with asics which was after december 2013. Most Chinese had free electricity and Europeans or Americans could not understand why the Chinese could sell their bitcoins so cheap. Check headlines and archives, it might help your mindless trollhead.

"Until late 2013, generic graphics cards and field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) were powerful enough to put you in the race. But that same year companies began to sell computer chips, called application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), which are specifically designed for the task of computing the Bitcoin hashing algorithm. "

https://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/networks/why-the-biggest-bitcoin-mines-are-in-china

https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/mining/china/

https://medium.com/@evawxiao/cheap-electricity-made-china-the-king-of-bitcoin-mining-the-governments-stepping-in-118c20725f7b

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: