Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:15:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018!  (Read 16824 times)
dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:44:09 PM

Raven coins are doing better then zec for the moment.

I've just visited the ANN thread of Raven coin as I saw a lot talks about Raven recently. It seems like the idea is really interesting with rotation algorithms. But I checked their whitepaper, there's not much details. I ever heard one another coin has this idea, but it failed on development. It's hard to say that Raven is doing better than ZEC, but If ZEC creates a fork, so it's yes.

He means that Raven is doing better than ZEC profitability-wise. You get more $$$/btc for your hashrate than mining ZEC. (for now) It doesn't mean Raven is a better coin. (maybe it is but its not what he is saying.)

Raven only has a few months of history and the main idea of it to stay as decentralized as possible by keeping ASICs out. Equihash coins also do share the same point of view but after Ethash got cracked many people started to think "What if Equihash also was infested by Bitmain's filth?" so people started look for a coin which is completely ASIC resistant...

Raven fall down today. And speaking frankly a hardly see if it usefull at all. What is it advantage?
LSteve

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:17:13 PM

I purchase some coin today  I will  see if  I buy some tomorrow.

People do these mistakes, or they want to buy very low which the price never gets to and when they buy it then they want to sell very high, two common mistakes. Well people will have to buy at some point cause is already very low.

Low based on what? Value? Last time I checked, the only thing I see is disruption caused by the media and regulators but in terms of innovation of magnitude that shakes the market creating a different landscape in which smart and big money can buy because there is an "opportunity", sorry I'm not seeing any. Sure there's a lot of technological jargon being throwing around but nothing that the mainstream , average or smart money would ever care for.

When is ETH gonna go POS?
When are fees and time for the transactions of BTC going to be reduced?
Has any blue Chip tech company absorbed crypto in a way that will provide innovation that will be practical and useful? Because sure people some people wanna be anarchists but at the same time wanna be rich and those things are no positively correlated.

Im not being rethorical or attacking I'm just putting these questions out there so I can get your opinion.

I personally think that the only way this bearish trend fades is if "smart money" identifies an opportunity to capitalize and profit. That huge momentum that drove that massive uptrend to 20K was in a time in which financial markets had a such low volatility that they even have to develop derivatives like the Daily Inverse VIX Short-Term ETN or ProShares Short VIX Short-Term Futures ETF to get something going on. So I just wonder why during those times of low volatility we had such a monstrous momentum on the crypto market? Do I really think all that money pouring into crypto was from retail, average Joe's like myself, HODLERS, etc ? I don't think so.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:27:53 PM

Has any blue Chip tech company absorbed crypto in a way that will provide innovation that will be practical and useful? Because sure people some people wanna be anarchists but at the same time wanna be rich and those things are no positively correlated.

POS may be last quarter this year
Fees: lightning implementation for BTC, we'll see.
Big companies, already started: some luxury brands are using vechain, ethereum being accepted by www.grosbill.com (through email quote), carrefour (>100 billion USD income) is starting using ethereum blockchain for food traceability...
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:26:52 PM

I purchase some coin today  I will  see if  I buy some tomorrow.

People do these mistakes, or they want to buy very low which the price never gets to and when they buy it then they want to sell very high, two common mistakes. Well people will have to buy at some point cause is already very low.

Just picked up some sub $400 ETH today.  Everything is "on sale" right now. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
LSteve

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:51:19 PM

POS may be last quarter this year
Fees: lightning implementation for BTC, we'll see.
Big companies, already started: some luxury brands are using vechain, ethereum being accepted by www.grosbill.com (through email quote), carrefour (>100 billion USD income) is starting using ethereum blockchain for food traceability...

Well Mr. Market ain't buying on that hype.  There's a Carnage currently.
Metroid (OP)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:03:18 AM

Is not only eth, everything is crashing and looking at the graph, this has been a huge manipulation, the date it started coincides to the same day the pump on 2013 started, so is the same people, dumping everything and then will buy it cheaper and pump again in few days. If you have eth do not sell it cause these manipulators will start pumping all very soon.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
LSteve

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:35:32 AM

Is not only eth, everything is crashing and looking at the graph, this has been a huge manipulation, the date it started coincides to the same day the pump on 2013 started, so is the same people, dumping everything and then will buy it cheaper and pump again in few days. If you have eth do not sell it cause these manipulators will start pumping all very soon.

Thanks for the insight. And yeah I'm referring to the market as a whole cause everything moves with BTC. And yeah I'm not selling anything on my portfolio because I'm betting long Term and also at this point I'm so far from ROI (bought at the end of last year at the last batch of retail prices lol) that selling now will just be pennies on the dollar.

HODL! 🤓 LMAO.

It's brutal today. Market is on full panic mode. I don't take it personal tho, all serves as inspiration for my crypto meme Instagram page.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:40:26 AM

^^^
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:51:22 AM

It's brutal today. Market is on full panic mode. I don't take it personal tho, all serves as inspiration for my crypto meme Instagram page.

^^^

hehe, you have to be very strong as we all see the thing crashing and crashing further, and yes long term up to 6 years down the line.

FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:53:12 AM

I purchase some coin today  I will  see if  I buy some tomorrow.

Just picked up some sub $400 ETH today.  Everything is "on sale" right now. 
Thats one way of looking at it  Everything is "on sale" right now
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:53:34 AM

Anyone selling ETH right now is a fucking idiot.  Just saying.  ETH is soooooo low.  Keep those buy orders staggered on the down turn.  It's not rocket science.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:18:21 AM

Anyone selling ETH right now is a fucking idiot.  Just saying.  ETH is soooooo low.  Keep those buy orders staggered on the down turn.  It's not rocket science.
gotta sell some to pay billa bruh, ill keep some tho
LSteve

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:41:52 AM

gotta sell some to pay billa bruh, ill keep some tho

Mortgage your house and go all in bruh! Opportunity of a lifetime!!! It's so cheap right now Warren buffet Is looking into it, Benjamin Graham will rise from the grave go all in on Beeeeet Coin.

This is not a financial advice but when you're riding your Lambo... Remember me.
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:18:06 AM

This is not a financial advice but when you're riding your Lambo... Remember me.

hehe, yeah this is one opportunity that people will regret not taking in few months, this is not stocks or anything that can be explained, in a month altcoins lost 500% in value, eth hit almost $1400 and now is $380, that is almost 400% and some alts lost 1000%, that is a lot of money, nothing really happened to bitcoin, from $17k to $7k, 60% crash is nothing really if you consider eth which is top 2 and had almost 80% crash.

My calculation is different, for example eth hit almost $1400 and now is $380 which 380 x 3.7 = $1406, which means eth lost 3.7 times its value whereas btc lost a lot less, btc right now is $6800 and hit almost $20k so meaning, 20000 / 6800 = 2.9 times lost since its highest all time value.

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:26:59 AM

Miners selling ETH to pay their bills is nothing in comparsion to all the ICO's dumping hundreds of ETH daily from crowd sales. ICO's don't care what price they sell because as it is the price has already gone done daily and they just want to cash in before the coming regulation ends their scam.
LSteve

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:29:28 AM

hehe, yeah this is one opportunity that people will regret not taking in few months, this is not stocks or anything that can be explained, in a month altcoins lost 500% in value, eth hit almost $1400 and now is $380, that is almost 400% and some alts lost 1000%, that is a lot of money, nothing really happened to bitcoin, from $17k to $7k, 60% crash is nothing really if you consider eth which is top 2 and had almost 80% crash.

My calculation is different, for example eth hit almost $1400 and now is $380 which 380 x 3.7 = $1406, which means eth lost 3.7 times its value whereas btc lost a lot less, btc right now is $6800 and hit almost $20k so meaning, 20000 / 6800 = 2.9 times lost since its highest all time value.

I'm such a coward. I will die poor. My only hope is that price goes to 100 and mining difficulty drops to a point I can mine 1eth a day Grin
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:32:56 AM

ICO's dumping hundreds of ETH daily from crowd sales. ICO's don't care what price they sell because as it is the price has already gone done daily and they just want to cash in before the regulation ends their scam.

It could be that, I mean ICO's since day one I treated them as a huge scam and in the end they were really just a huge scam. I never invested on it cause I knew what would happen but dragging eth and all altcoins with it, is sick.

I blame asics cause that created another speculation of prices to crash, so bears have a reason to crash the market and then become bulls and drive the market up again, is always like that. All started when asics of sia and dcr were released.

lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:44:44 AM

I'm such a coward. I will die poor. My only hope is that price goes to 100 and mining difficulty drops to a point I can mine 1eth a day Grin

See that's where your thinking is wrong. Price will drop but eth difficulty will rise even after major drops.  If we were in a bull run eth difficulty would rise exponentially. Since we are in a bear trend it has risen a lot still but more linear upwards.

Yes you will be poor of you don't trade and only mine. Gota trade a little also. Just trade on those extreme oversold and overbought conditions
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:58:03 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 03:18:22 AM by Vann

ICO's dumping hundreds of ETH daily from crowd sales. ICO's don't care what price they sell because as it is the price has already gone done daily and they just want to cash in before the regulation ends their scam.

It could be that, I mean ICO's since day one I treated them as a huge scam and in the end they were really just a huge scam. I never invested on it cause I knew what would happen but dragging eth and all altcoins with it, is sick.

I blame asics cause that created another speculation of prices to crash, so bears have a reason to crash the market and then become bulls and drive the market up again, is always like that. All started when asics of sia and dcr were released.

618K ETH sold just by EOS 8 days ago.

https://sanbase-low.santiment.net/projects

+ about 300K more this month by other ICO's.

https://sanbase-low.santiment.net/projects
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:13:51 AM

from $0.50 in november to $17, that is almost 34 times. I would stay away from that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: