Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:15:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to sue ButterflyLabs - Big Single-SC owner let's league for class action  (Read 39300 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:51:30 PM

If you'd like to attempt a non-traditional refund of your order, you can try to "Pull a Xian" by publicly noting your order number on these forums, and then telling Josh et al to "Eat a bag of dicks" or some other insult, and see if they force a refund on you like they did me.

Be warned, If you do this, you may have a chance of having your order forced refunded, allowing yourself to sue them for a breach of contract, but then they will threaten a counter-suit for defamation.

Your best bet is to formally complain to the FTC and the Kansas AG to resolve your dispute and add your voice to the chorus. Every complaint strengthens the case against Butterfly Labs.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:57:44 PM

If you'd like to attempt a non-traditional refund of your order, you can try to "Pull a Xian" by publicly noting your order number on these forums, and then telling Josh et al to "Eat a bag of dicks" or some other insult, and see if they force a refund on you like they did me.

Be warned, If you do this, you may have a chance of having your order forced refunded, allowing yourself to sue them for a breach of contract, but then they will threaten a counter-suit for defamation.

Your best bet is to formally complain to the FTC and the Kansas AG to resolve your dispute and add your voice to the chorus. Every complaint strengthens the case against Butterfly Labs.

Thank you for this information. I read your thread already and it didn't surprise me from those sons of bitchs.

Did you fill a complain already ?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:18:39 PM

Did you fill a complaint already ?

Yes, and have received formal responses via post.
solareclipse64236

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:35:30 PM

ummmmm let's see

misadvertising or false advertising is illegal yes

not shipping within due time is also illegal yes

how many lawyers have you talked to before?

also I usually pay by bitpay or paypal

also shipping me something that i did not order is also liable to get them court time

I'm interested in joining up for a class action lawsuit for the following:

1. misleading advertisements
What was misleading about them aside from the expectation of when they would ship? Yes, the form factor changed and power consumption increased over initial expectations, but they notified all the pre-orders and made them opt in to remaining in the order queue. Ie, if you didn't explicitly agree, you'd be removed from the queue and your

2. taking pre-orders too early and shipping too late
Given the expense to develop a chip, and not knowing what the demand would be, they needed to take pre-orders to insure that there would be enough orders to cover the costs. Production, yes, took longer than expected, but just looking at the semiconductor industry, there are plenty of examples of not hitting deadlines.

3. starting taking in pre-orders around summer of 2012 and shipped summer of 2013, more than 12 months
Same as two.

4. was banned from the bfl forums for 'racism and muck-raking'
I wouldn't think that anyone has an implicit right to use any forum. Racism, for instance, they could have every right not to tolerate. And "muck raking", who knows what that means, but using their forum to attempt to drive away their customers, for example, isn't something they would have to tolerate.

5. I was shipped a 30 gigahash machine that looks like a 60 gigahash machine. 30 gh is small and 60 gh is suppose to be a log.
They sent notice about the change of size/power consumptions just prior to commencing shipping. We all agreed to the change, or we would have been refunded.

6. product was shipped august 9 and it took until august 19 for me to pick it up because someone smeared petroleum jelly mixed with lighter fluid/kerosene on top of my box
No way to determine where the vaseline and lighter fluid came from. Personally, i doubt it was because of their handling.

7. bad customer service, they keep insisting that i shouldn't keep messaging them, or typing in caps lock(using the phone works, the guy who picks up is the bomb dude, his name is Paul)
So asking people to call rather than email is class action worthy? As is asking people to use the shift key on occassion?

8. no software was included
No ASIC's include software, to my knowledge. They don't know if you're using mac, windows, linux (and then, ubuntu, fedora, centos, x86 or ARM), cgminer, bitminter, or another program or platform.

9. no instructions was included
speaking for myself, there was a slip included in the box providing a web address to visit for instructions.

10. started advertising for supercomputer bitforce january 2012
That's back to points 1, 2 and 3. But advertising a product early isn't a crime.

11. BFL_JODY claims that I have not paid for an upgrade to 60 gigahash, even though I have a screenshot of invoice 5856b as 'fully paid'
I would suggest trying to call customer service rather than have account specific issues dealt with on their blog.

12. In "my account", my upgrade to 60 gigahash is set to 'pending' and i have instruction to pay by wire transfer, when I HAVE ALREADY PAID IN FULL on April 2013
Call your nice customer service man named "Paul" and have him clear this up for you. Wire transfers are traceable, there shouldn't be any problem having your payment properly credited to your account.

Those are my suggestions. Do with them as you will. They're hardly grounds for joining a class action... but that's just my opinion.

bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:17:16 PM

ummmmm let's see

misadvertising or false advertising is illegal yes

not shipping within due time is also illegal yes

how many lawyers have you talked to before?

also I usually pay by bitpay or paypal

also shipping me something that i did not order is also liable to get them court time

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you make the upgrade order in March and then not pay for it until April, after the new pricing went into effect?  I can see their system accepting your 'upgrade' due to lack of foresight in the programming, but you did technically pay for something no longer offered for sale.  BFL should have contacted you and given you the chance to request a refund or take the new products, so that was a mistake on their part.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 06:16:01 AM

No frigging wayyyyyy! Just got this....

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for your order from Butterfly Labs! Your order (#3xxx) was shipped via USPS, USPS Priority Mail Int'l on 8/29/2013.  You can track your package at any time using the link below. Shipped To: xxxxxx Track Your Shipment:   xxxxxxx This shipment includes the following items: Item # Description Qty SGL600G 60 GH/s Bitcoin Miner 1 Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future! Butterfly Labs Phone: 913-271-6744 Email: office@butterflylabs.com Website: http://www.butterflylabs.com

Still, I'll believe it when I see it. I think xian1 blocked me ha ha, shame people jump to conclusions, I think we could have had a good heated debate :-)

Good luck to all in there future ventures. Whatever your per conceptions of me, were the people leading the fight back ;-)
FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:37:09 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/jalapeno-single-sc-support/4603-refund-requested.html
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:11:12 AM

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for your order from Butterfly Labs! Your order (#3xxx) was shipped via USPS, USPS Priority Mail Int'l on 8/29/2013.  You can track your package at any time using the link below. Shipped To: xxxxxx Track Your Shipment:   xxxxxxx This shipment includes the following items: Item # Description Qty SGL600G 60 GH/s Bitcoin Miner 1 Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future! Butterfly Labs Phone: 913-271-6744 Email: office@butterflylabs.com Website: http://www.butterflylabs.com

Still, I'll believe it when I see it. I think xian1 blocked me ha ha, shame people jump to conclusions, I think we could have had a good heated debate :-)

Good luck to all in there future ventures. Whatever your per conceptions of me, were the people leading the fight back ;-)
You are surprisingly easy to please.

Your order number is only 3,xxx.

The range of orders goes up to 72,xxx, notice the difference in how many digits there are?

So basically, you are happy because your early pre-order has shipped. But you don't seem to care anymore that about 70,000+ orders are still waiting in line for their units?

==================================

Well, in either case, are you now ready to sing praises and support BFL now that "you got yours"?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:16:14 AM

Source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/jalapeno-single-sc-support/4603-refund-requested.html
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:19:40 AM

Only 1 person was sufficiently "moved" or "motivated" enough to leave a review for BFL today:

https://plus.google.com/108957607274308601800/about?gl=us&hl=en&review=1

If this shows little motivation behind BFL's customers, then they (BFL) should probably not have much fear of any repercussions.

I encourage people to leave feedback so that BFL takes notice of what they are doing that is upsetting or pleasing their customer base.
m3sSh3aD

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:28:22 AM

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for your order from Butterfly Labs! Your order (#3xxx) was shipped via USPS, USPS Priority Mail Int'l on 8/29/2013.  You can track your package at any time using the link below. Shipped To: xxxxxx Track Your Shipment:   xxxxxxx This shipment includes the following items: Item # Description Qty SGL600G 60 GH/s Bitcoin Miner 1 Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future! Butterfly Labs Phone: 913-271-6744 Email: office@butterflylabs.com Website: http://www.butterflylabs.com

You are surprisingly easy to please.

Your order number is only 3,xxx.

The range of orders goes up to 72,xxx, notice the difference in how many digits there are?

So basically, you are happy because your early pre-order has shipped. But you don't seem to care anymore that about 70,000+ orders are still waiting in line for their units?

==================================

Well, in either case, are you now ready to sing praises and support BFL now that "you got yours"?

How do you work that out, Presumption is the mother of all fuck up! LEARN THIS AT LEAST!

Yes, i wanted my unit before there closed down and it seems im a lucky one. As at the end of my comment i said good luck to everyone and trust me, I will continue to watch this train wreck. Im sorry you jump to conclusions dude but a lot do that around here, Its the norm Wink

Seriously though, I DO wish everyone on there en devours all the best, Weather it delivery (i still have to take myself yet!), refund or case against buttfucker labs. Im in it for the cause as well, not profit and i want BTC succeed just as much as the most raving addict to it (max keiser is a good example Smiley ). This will not stop mining for years, no matter what the unprofitably is because i want to contribute and maybe in time it will all be worth while Smiley

1% of the global GDP would mean a BTC is $1,000,000 each... nt including lost BTC! And bitcoins could be the thing that takes all of the rothschilds wealth away from these sick mofo's Wink
m3sSh3aD

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:29:32 AM

Only 1 person was sufficiently "moved" or "motivated" enough to leave a review for BFL today:

If this shows little motivation behind BFL's customers, then they (BFL) should probably not have much fear of any repercussions.

I encourage people to leave feedback so that BFL takes notice of what they are doing that is upsetting or pleasing their customer base.

Mate, Google+...... Say no more! People with any common sense don't join such things!
m3sSh3aD

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:54:27 AM

haha, Love the above comment.

You open a can of whoop ass!  Cheesy
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:27:29 PM

I will be repeating this post into A LOT of bfl threads now...If you are MAD at BFL, then "wreak havok on the lives of the persons mentioned"

I don't stand for nor support for "wreaking hovok on the lives of the persons mentioned".

A mod should probably look over the above post and delete it at their discretion.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:31:20 PM

I will be repeating this post into A LOT of bfl threads now...If you are MAD at BFL, then "wreak havok on the lives of the persons mentioned"

I don't stand for nor support for "wreaking hovok on the lives of the persons mentioned".

A mod should probably look over the above post and delete it at their discretion.

Agreed. Unnecessary.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 12:31:58 PM

hence i took your advice and left that on the google + thread....and will continue to post it wherever I can....these guys have had like 2+ years to FIX THEIR FUCKUPS.  I didn't give two shits 3 weeks ago...but they just couldn't resist bringing out the 'next scheme'  If these individuals get flooded with calls and hatemail and threatening letters and 4am phone calls getting cussed out...maybe they'll start to deliver their devices for a change....did you ever consider that?

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:44:14 PM

hence i took your advice and left that on the google + thread....and will continue to post it wherever I can....these guys have had like 2+ years to FIX THEIR FUCKUPS.  I didn't give two shits 3 weeks ago...but they just couldn't resist bringing out the 'next scheme'  If these individuals get flooded with calls and hatemail and threatening letters and 4am phone calls getting cussed out...maybe they'll start to deliver their devices for a change....did you ever consider that?

Implied threats... not cool at all... mod's need to police that. Report the fraud have the AG handle these clowns. They like us are human, they have families and deserve that privacy even if they would not do the same for us or have also implied threats towards others. Not cool at all and over the line.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
m3sSh3aD

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:24:32 PM

Grow some. Alls you pussies! The reason the world is the way it is is because people don't do anything about things and shove there heads in the sand.

All he's doing is giving people the tools to do something about it. Maybe people should start doing this to NSA, FBI, atf, gchq and all the other bullshit organisations that keep us oppressed!

Peace never worked with these people, it time to fight and if you can't see that, you'll be spe ding your last days with FEMA

Grow some fucking balls boys and grow up and be a man!  Try thinking for yourself for a change instead of believing what your told is fact! Rise up!
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:15:39 PM

I just saw your post for this............DONE!!!!!!!!!!  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:45:50 AM

Good job Unacceptable,

Your feedback at BFL was much appreciated. It was accurate, thorough and factual.

It appears that BFL just "fixed" the first reviewers order and shipped it out early. It seems they are being mindful about the reviews on Google Plus.

So if you have a defunct order (or are happy with your order) write in and let them know. I am sure they will be happy to get on your order as quickly as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: