Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:55:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best / safest wallet for storing ETH  (Read 2198 times)
Yana_M1

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:52:22 PM

I think Ledger or Trezor is preeety safe but definitely not any of exchanges.
AndriyPilipyak

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:53:28 PM

I use ledger nano s and I am happy to use this device-also we can use MEW but open throw ledger)

ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:57:22 PM

Mist.
This is an ETH-browser, suitable for storing digital coins. Its use is possible only after installation on the hard drive. It takes time to synchronize the blockchain. You can not do without some programming skills at least basic ones. But in spite of a number of problematic moments, storing crypts in the locker is quite possible as well as working with smart contracts.
bramborakymilenec

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:22:37 AM

I use MyEtherWallet in combination with the Trezor. And I have had no issues.

You can link your MEW account with your cold storage.
roganite

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:36:49 AM

If you are worried about security the best thing to do is get a hardware wallet. I have a Trezor and I think it's great!
terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:18:22 AM

I think that I like many use myetherwallet purse. I certainly tried Mist, but I think it was made under macOS, but since I'm not a big fan of macOS, I did not like the design. But I think the security on the local wallet is higher than on the Web wallet.

joshysmart

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:24:08 AM

My ether wallet is safe. You could get trezor for hardware wallet too..
And remember,  be very careful with you private key. Never!  Disclose it.
AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:41:53 PM

As already written above, this is myetherwallet. There is a version online, but there is a desktop version. I use the desktop. So far this is the best wallet for convenience.

judemarco1996

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:52:31 PM

You can use the etherwallet but always check if the site you are visiting is the legit site. You can also use the etherwallet along side with trezor to make it more secure.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:00:50 PM

I would recommend you using either MyEtherWallet or buying a hardware wallet. Everything depends on what are you going to do with your Ether. MyEtherWallet is fairly easy to use, they don't store your private key and you can even run their website on your own! They have a github repository with user-friendly documentation. Hardware wallets are more secure but they are expensive. If I were you I would choose Trezor because its support is great.
beachbummer

Activity: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:07:33 PM

If you're getting a hardware wallet, make sure you buy direct from the manufacturer and not from an unauthorised dealer or a second-hand one.

Someone lost their coins after using a hardware wallet bought from eBay...

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/01/08/hardware-wallet-compromised-with-mitm-attack/
rollingstorm45

Activity: 448
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:13:48 PM

Hello all,

I am looking to store ETH in a wallet, what would you suggest is the best and safest way to do this? I am considering buying a trezor as well for extra protection. I am simply looking to hodl ETH.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Hi,  honeyduckgoose

The most recommended wallet is hardware wallet : Ledger Nano,
While the wallet is safe to use the internet is MetaMask, the extension of Google Chrome for Desktop

cryptochristoph

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:38:50 PM

Myetherwallet + Trezor/ledger.
Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:18:03 PM

Best and safest wallet for storing ETHEREUM is My Ether Wallet. According to me it is best and i like it because it can be easily used and you can transfer any ERC supported coin very easily and simply.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
cryptowomba

Activity: 234

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:43:25 PM

Hardware wallet is the best option if you are worried about security, although it does depend how much you are going to be exchanging / trading. I think the less you do, the less likely a cold wallet is needed.
valeru.aver

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:53:15 PM

I choose Myetherwallet to store my coins, including ETH. Convenient to use, everything is easy and simple. You get a secret key that you need to store and load into the wallet when you want to execute a transaction, it's safe.
barlo357

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:54:12 PM

I'm using MyEtherWallet now because a lot people telling me that  this is best specially friends and relatives. But if keep on asking pioneer people here and research which is the best because this is very important your money depends on this wallet.

Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:16:21 PM

Hello all,

I am looking to store ETH in a wallet, what would you suggest is the best and safest way to do this? I am considering buying a trezor as well for extra protection. I am simply looking to hodl ETH.

My choice is trezor. I wanted to buy ledger nano but I would have to wait till March for it and I decided to buy Trezor and I like it.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
disam

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:21:32 PM

Ledger nano s is my way of storing all the ERC20 tokens not just ETH. I think it is a good way of storing eth tokens, and also other like taas that pays dividends no matter if tokens are stored on the ledger nano offline mew. Hardware wallets are the best solution.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:34:36 PM

Hello all,

In my own experience the best safest wallet that can storing is the MEW (my ether wallet )because its only a wallet that contains an ERC -20,and i thinks this wallet is have its own defense system against the hacking sytem or phishing site.MEW wallet have always an a note of precaution when you open its page,so that you could not victim of those phishing site or hackers that can make you trouble of your  asset.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: