Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:56:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best / safest wallet for storing ETH  (Read 2200 times)
paulmusa25

Activity: 124
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:16:26 PM

The safest wallet for storing ethereum is the one that does'nt store on the internet. One of the best example is trezor, ledger and paper wallet. These wallets are the safest but has also a little bit disadvantage if you loose this device or the paper wallet, all your coins will loose forever. But the safest wallet now that is on the internet is metamask for storing ethereum. You can also import metamask in myetherwallet. Very convinient to use. This is only my opinion regarding the topic.

SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 03:20:05 PM

I use MetaMask and Myetherwallet as they're safe and easy to use. I believe as long as you have store your private key somewhere safe you should be good, so highly recommended. If you're willing to spend few $$ I'd recommend ledger nano s.
Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:23:18 PM

In my own experience, there's nothing more secure than Myetherwallet on holding and storing Ethereum and other ERC20 wallets because for me I will never have peace of mind of I do save all my ERC20 assets on any third-party wallets and might led into account or wallet hacking.
It's better safe than sorry that's why I never use of plan to use any other wallets except Myetherwallet, not this time or never.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Bastime

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:31:25 PM

I use MetaMask and Myetherwallet as they're safe and easy to use. I believe as long as you have store your private key somewhere safe you should be good, so highly recommended. If you're willing to spend few $$ I'd recommend ledger nano s.

Be careful with your metamask because there are some reports that some holders had been hijacked and the memory was compromised. Seems no more safer this time other than hardware wallet and a safe computer that is virus free OS system.
Ledger Nano S is indeed beautiful hardware wallet that will offer you peace of mind and a full night time sleep.
Soon i'll be ordering my own Ledger Nano S for my crypto assets so that I wont think of getting hacked and hijacked on my android tablet and phone.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Bastime

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:39:11 PM

I use myetherwallet more than 1 year. This is Ethereum's official wallet. I think it's safe. Recommend.

I'm using Myetherwallet since I started earning coins through Signature Bounty Campaigns, Indeed, it's safe and secure and other than Myetherwallet, I better use hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S to keep my wallet secure and i can hold as many coins as I can.
Myetherwallet is the most recommended ERC20 wallet for everyone, nothing more and third-party wallets although they're promising somehow but it's better get rid of them and try to focus on a single wallet that will give you peace of mind, otherwise it's better safe than regret later.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:45:43 PM

I use myetherwallet more than 1 year. This is Ethereum's official wallet. I think it's safe. Recommend.
MEW is safe and as others said that it has been one of the most known ethereum wallet.

But for security when you are negligible about the warnings of other members here, its possible that you can be a victim and your MEW can be hacked.

As for keeping your ETH this will be the best choice and I have mine too.
Ledger Nano S is indeed beautiful hardware wallet that will offer you peace of mind and a full night time sleep.
cryptokath19

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:50:40 PM

Hello all,

I am looking to store ETH in a wallet, what would you suggest is the best and safest way to do this? I am considering buying a trezor as well for extra protection. I am simply looking to hodl ETH.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

As my opinion,if you have smaller amount of Eth just  used myetherwallet or download Imtoken application on Playstore or appstore because this is convenient to used and fast transaction. And when you have many Eth balance just used Ledger Nano S, because this is best and safe to used.
ItBeginInAfrica

Activity: 120

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:53:21 PM

Hello all,

I am looking to store ETH in a wallet, what would you suggest is the best and safest way to do this? I am considering buying a trezor as well for extra protection. I am simply looking to hodl ETH.

I usually use Myetherwallet + Metamask. Also plan to buy Ledger Nano and use it as cold storage for ETH and ERC 20 tokens.

the perfect solution for me...I used MEW (myetherwallet) for a long time but then I realized the potential problems
in sending my private keys through MEW. MEW + Metamask is the way to go

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
steviegboots

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:15:58 PM

Currently I use a ledger and I am more than happy with my security. Also I would look into 2 step authorisation.
dewynijhof

Activity: 292

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:30:22 PM

Hello all,

To my opinion, to store ETH for long term, there are two kind of wallet, online and cold wallet, Coinbase is the best wallet with high secure, low fees and fast transactions. But for much higher security, you can choose a cold wallet, like Trezor or Ledger, they are the most popular cold wallet on the market.

kriticko29

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:56:15 PM

Hello all,

I think you should use MEW or MyEtherWallet. It is one of the most safe wallet for ethereum and any other tokens. Due to its supreme security and the only way you could access your wallet without your password is thru the private key that they provide. But rest assured that they will continuously remind you not to share your private key to anyone else every time you access their site.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:13:29 PM

Hello all,

Best will always be hardware wallets like Ledger or Trezor, nothing can beat these.
If you are not willing to spend money to buy a secured hardware wallet, your best bet will be on MyEtherWallet.com or there new version MyCrypto.com
cheers!
Irkytsk38rus

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Araw ICO

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:20:51 PM

Yes, for the best security, buying a cold wallet would be a good idea. But even this cannot guarantee the full safety of your funds and there are always risks

berrymenalo

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:23:56 PM

My nano ledger is what I use for personal holdings, but for my holding S-corp., I use Exodus because of the ease of use for multiple parties not near one another. Big fan of Exodus. I've also had good experiences with MyEtherWallet, although its much more barebones. Probably slightly more secure than Exodus though since Exodus has backup capabilities (unless security is measured by your ability to recover lost passwords  Cheesy)

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1472593)
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:25:58 PM

Hello all,

I think you should use MEW or MyEtherWallet. It is one of the most safe wallet for ethereum and any other tokens. Due to its supreme security and the only way you could access your wallet without your password is thru the private key that they provide. But rest assured that they will continuously remind you not to share your private key to anyone else every time you access their site.

Pretty confusing from your reply. I want to know MEW and MyEtherWallet are same wallet right. Then why he suggest this wallet two. It is simply can't understand it.
You suggestion about MEW is right but it can be hacked when you accessing the wallet with the incorrect URL similar to the MEW's one.
Today I see that one development team member of MEW guys created new wallet called MyCrypto. Hope he also get success.
tedes

Activity: 160

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:29:48 PM

I think the best wallet for storing ETH trezor or ledger is the best option If you are looking for a cheaper option just create an address on the myetherwallet site, print your private key so you can open it if you want to use it. Juts do not get lost, because there's no way you can open it again if you do not have a private key file or Json with a password.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:33:00 PM

Hello all,

Hardware wallet is always the best wallet to store your crypto so trezor or nano ledger s is the best one especially if you are only storing eth so you won't have to bother with erc20 token. If you don't want to buy hardware wallet then my vote goes to metamask as i feel it's more secure than myetherwallet.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:37:47 PM

Hello all,

Best wallet for thereum would be mew or myetherwallet plus a hardwallet like ledger nano s or trezor,if you really want trezor it would be fine to use together with the mew,for you to prevent your keys from being stolen by these hackers you should install metamask extenstion in your browser you could easily detect phishing sites or fake websites,metamask is an added protection for your hardwallet.

kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:43:19 PM

According to my experience, MYETHERWALLET is the best one, I also use it and I found it very easy to use, highly safe and easy to use, in MyEtherwallet, you can not only keep ETHERS but also ERC-20 tokens. Some important tips, keep Pvt key of the wallet safe and keep multiple copies of it even on paper.

yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:54:06 PM

there are several options... you can buy a trezor wallet it stores also ethereum and ethereum based tokens using myetherwallet. Or you can just buy a brand new computer and use it for only storing ethereums.

turn the page
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: