Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:37:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL MiniRig Line:Concerned  (Read 6983 times)
hyperdallas

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 03:14:35 AM

Also Posted in Pre-Sales at BFL Forum

MiniRig Line:Concerned
Via Jody's blog, we can conclude the minirig line made ZERO progress from roughly August 15th until today. It seems ONE 500 GH/s unit has been completed since then (as seen on Jody's Update yesterday). If only one 500 GH/s unit has been completed since the 15th, which is 8 days...How, at ONE 500 GH/s unit EVERY 8 DAYS, will BFL ever complete the backlog?

If BFL is purposely slowing the Minirig line, to force big-money investors to switch their investment to the Monarch line, this would be very troubling.

I welcome BFL to clarify why this line, which so much money has been dumped into by customers, is moving so slowly...Neglect, lack of coordination, or fraud?

Also, since I have 1.5 TH/s to my order...Can I assume, at one 500GH/s rig every 8 days, my order will take 24 DAYS to build and fulfill?

Thanks for your time

PS: I'm not an angry troll, I've invested in the Minirig line and I'm extremely concerned at the lack of progress. And seemingly no effort to correct it..

Are no other MiniRig purchasers as concerned as I am?

so u put 22k x3 into this lol can i have some money, i can do a preorder for my love
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 03:28:18 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 04:05:01 AM by DeathAndTaxes

I'm very concerned and have not too much hope that any of the Minirigs will pay back. Our only chance would be a refund, maybe we should see how we can work together to get our money back?

I have a minirig order from March of 2013. They have refused my refund. I am going to pursue legal action with a very good friend who was an attorney at Federman & Sherwood for 5 years and recently took a better job. This case is exactly their bread and butter. If you have been refused a refund and are interested in your legal options, please PM me.

Thanks.
This is what I love about the instant gratification crowd... "not too much hope that any of the Minirigs will pay back" and They have refused my refund. I am going to pursue legal action.

Personally, I hope you request AND get your refunds.  That way, 6 months or a year or 2 years down the road when all the bitcoins you WOULD have carefully mined and stored since the receipt of your unit become worth 10-20x what you paid for it, I can laugh at your for your shortsightedness and stupidity.

Counting on some possible future rise in exchange rate to "profit" is idoitic.  Try this through experiment on for size.  His $66,000 in rigs is the equivelent of ~ 622 BTC today.  It is very likely if it takes months for those rigs to be delivered that they will mine 622 BTC. Couldn't he get a refund ($66K), use the cash to buy Bitcoins (622 BTC) today and then when 6 or 2 years from now you laugh at him that the coins he could have mined (<622 BTC) are worth 10x as much he laughs and shows you he has even MORE bitcoins (622 BTC) which have also increased 10x?

However you calling him stupid is proof BFL will never go bankrupt with customers like you.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 04:00:28 AM

I'm very concerned and have not too much hope that any of the Minirigs will pay back. Our only chance would be a refund, maybe we should see how we can work together to get our money back?

I have a minirig order from March of 2013. They have refused my refund. I am going to pursue legal action with a very good friend who was an attorney at Federman & Sherwood for 5 years and recently took a better job. This case is exactly their bread and butter. If you have been refused a refund and are interested in your legal options, please PM me.

Thanks.
This is what I love about the instant gratification crowd... "not too much hope that any of the Minirigs will pay back" and They have refused my refund. I am going to pursue legal action.

Personally, I hope you request AND get your refunds.  That way, 6 months or a year or 2 years down the road when all the bitcoins you WOULD have carefully mined and stored since the receipt of your unit become worth 10-20x what you paid for it, I can laugh at your for your shortsightedness and stupidity.

That a boy.  Grand investment strategy there.  Who cares what I paid and what I got out because my coinZ will be worth millions later on.   

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 04:03:53 AM

Thanks.

Personally, I hope you request AND get your refunds.  That way, 6 months or a year or 2 years down the road when all the bitcoins you WOULD have carefully mined and stored since the receipt of your unit become worth 10-20x what you paid for it, I can laugh at your for your shortsightedness and stupidity.

Counting a rise in exchange rate to "profit is idoitic".  Couldn't he get a refund, use the cash to buy Bitcoins today and then when 6 or 2 years from now you laugh at him that the coins he could have mined are worth 10x as much he laughs and shows you he has even MORE bitcoins which have also increased 10x?

However you calling him an idiot is proof BFL will never go bankrupt.
Counting on a rise in the exchange rate is inevitable.  As more and more systems come online and difficulty climbs ever higher, people are going to start realizing that selling at current prices is going to eventually stop paying for the cost of electricity.  When that happens, more and more people will begin asking higher prices and refusing to sell at the piddly bids people are hoping to get cheap bitcoins with today.  The people I refer to as the 'instant gratification' crowd will be selling their coins as fast as they get them, frantically thinking they must or they will lose out.  The calmer heads out there will simply scoop up these coins and wait.  The panic selling of mining equipment will inevitably follow as people try to get some meager return on their investment selling at lower and lower prices, thinking the game is up.

Why not get a refund and buy BTC?  You're *REALLY* think the people so desperate about declining RoI will have the patience to sit on BTC?Huh?  Wow.

One last thing... *I* did not use the term idiot... you did.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 04:04:47 AM

Via Jody's blog, we can conclude the minirig line made ZERO progress from roughly August 15th until today. It seems ONE 500 GH/s unit has been completed since then (as seen on Jody's Update yesterday). If only one 500 GH/s unit has been completed since the 15th, which is 8 days...How, at ONE 500 GH/s unit EVERY 8 DAYS, will BFL ever complete the backlog?

If BFL is purposely slowing the Minirig line, to force big-money investors to switch their investment to the Monarch line, this would be very troubling.

I welcome BFL to clarify why this line, which so much money has been dumped into by customers, is moving so slowly...Neglect, lack of coordination, or fraud?

Also, since I have 1.5 TH/s to my order...Can I assume, at one 500GH/s rig every 8 days, my order will take 24 DAYS to build and fulfill?

Thanks for your time

PS: I'm not an angry troll, I've invested in the Minirig line and I'm extremely concerned at the lack of progress. And seemingly no effort to correct it..

Hello EvilLizardApparel,

Just wanted to let you know that MiniRig line was not slowed down in any way, we were just waiting for new boards to arrive to the facility.

Regards,
Nasser

Unacceptable Nasser.   BFL has had plenty of time to foresee this and if any part should be slower, its the chips and that is it.  BFL has dropped the ball in a time when your customer has few options being that your orders are all pre-orders.  If you want to do real customer service, them your big customers how your are going to compensate them for your internal delay because of a lack of foresight.  

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 04:05:42 AM

Thanks.

Counting a rise in exchange rate to "profit is idoitic".  Couldn't he get a refund, use the cash to buy Bitcoins today and then when 6 or 2 years from now you laugh at him that the coins he could have mined are worth 10x as much he laughs and shows you he has even MORE bitcoins which have also increased 10x?

Counting on a rise in the exchange rate is inevitable.  As more and more systems come online and difficulty climbs ever higher, people are going to start realizing that selling at current prices is going to eventually stop paying for the cost of electricity.  When that happens, more and more people will begin asking higher prices and refusing to sell at the piddly bids people are hoping to get cheap bitcoins with today.  The people I refer to as the 'instant gratification' crowd will be selling their coins as fast as they get them, frantically thinking they must or they will lose out.  The calmer heads out there will simply scoop up these coins and wait.  The panic selling of mining equipment will inevitably follow as people try to get some meager return on their investment selling at lower and lower prices, thinking the game is up.

Why not get a refund and buy BTC?  You're *REALLY* think the people so desperate about declining RoI will have the patience to sit on BTC?Huh?  Wow.

Sock-puppet troll here.  Go away.

bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 04:07:47 AM

Thanks.

I am neither a sock-puppet nor a troll.  I cannot help it if you lack the vision to see the future.  In addition, I have the same right to be here as you do.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 04:44:52 AM

Unacceptable Nasser.   BFL has had plenty of time to foresee this and if any part should be slower, its the chips and that is it.  BFL has dropped the ball in a time when your customer has few options being that your orders are all pre-orders.  If you want to do real customer service, them your big customers how your are going to compensate them for your internal delay because of a lack of foresight.  

Their idea of compensation:

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 05:14:18 AM

5 months ago, BFL knew exactly how many boards they needed for their mini-rig orders. Yet somehow, they failed to order a few dozen PCBs? For 5 months, they were unable to order them? Even I don't think BFL was that low on cash. Or that high on dope.

On the other hand, a whole bunch of chips go into those boards and those chips are really expensive. So I could understand BFL waiting until their new chip order arrives (100 days from who knows when) before they make any more mini-rigs. This way they can continue to ship a few Jalapenos each day and show "progress".

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:04:18 AM

Their idea of compensation:

Cheesy  Hey,thats Unacceptable  Cheesy  Thats my pic,too funny  Grin

Showing my BFL like that.Yeah I got it,BUT I lost out on thousands,due to BFL's "2 week™" strategy to keep customers from making too much from thier equipment  Roll Eyes

Too little...too late  Tongue

My coffee cups are hashing like crazy though.....................

Good luck to you Big Spenders with getting your MR's anytime soon........  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
BTCscraper

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:19:05 AM

Sorry about that, I just used Google Images and posted the image's link.  There's another one with just one mug, sideways, so your pic works better.

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:22:04 AM

Sorry about that, I just used Google Images and posted the image's link.  There's another one with just one mug, sideways, so your pic works better.

Just funnin ya  Cheesy   I don't care...........maybe I can link some adverts for BTC......... hmmm,who could I get to advertise,hmmm   Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
BTCscraper

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:01:06 AM

The mugs are already advertising.  Just not paying for it. :-)

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:23:58 AM

The mugs are already advertising.  Just not paying for it. :-)

Oh,I paid for it though.......................through the nose & lower end  Angry

Lesson learned  Wink

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:34:29 AM

I have Images in my head of someone opening that big minirig case
to reveal a single monarch cable tied to one side and 3 bricks to the other.

edit : 2 years from now....

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 08:51:09 AM

Thanks for your time

Hello EvilLizardApparel,

Just wanted to let you know that MiniRig line was not slowed down in any way, we were just waiting for new boards to arrive to the facility.

Regards,
Nasser

if you are waiting...they are delayed....you deserve a facepalm

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:44:40 AM

Thanks.

Personally, I hope you request AND get your refunds.  That way, 6 months or a year or 2 years down the road when all the bitcoins you WOULD have carefully mined and stored since the receipt of your unit become worth 10-20x what you paid for it, I can laugh at your for your shortsightedness and stupidity.

Waiting for over a year while enduring insults and disdain from BFL hardly qualifies one for the "instant gratification crowd".
Also, they could just buy Bitcoins with the refund. Then they would actually have Bitcoins instead of mere promises of them.

+  lolz...one i got to say about the BFL Socks are ...they are stupid ..

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:50:13 AM

Thanks.

I am neither a sock-puppet nor a troll.  I cannot help it if you lack the vision to see the future.  In addition, I have the same right to be here as you do.

..nor are u past puberty with your insightful vision of macro economics 

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:51:41 AM

Thanks for your time

Hello EvilLizardApparel,

Regards,
Nasser

Nasser,

Your presence in this thread is refreshing. I am glad you came here to actually execute some customer service, and didn't come in here calling concerned customers "monumental assholes". However, by now you should not be running out of chips or other parts...You are in "full production" and have a huge backlog to fill. Your customers did not shell out millions for you guys to still not be at the top of your game after all these months. Your customers are on the cusp of having a failed investment in your company, we have had our faith in you and despair at being continually disappointed. We accepted the reduced specs of your products, now we need you to actually produce and ship them in a timely and competent manner.

Thank you for taking the time to post though, Nasser. You better tell your production coordinators to get there shit together, your customers grow restless and a group lawsuit will be on the horizon if you don't clear the backlog in September. I know it is not personally your fault, the outlook is simply grim. Thank you for informing us regarding the Minirig line, and that it is not a fraudulent or deliberate delay.

This is the formal response format of somebody who is about to get served

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:27:37 AM

MiniRig line was not slowed down in any way, we were just waiting for new boards to arrive to the facility.

Would not having new boards at the facility logically allow us to come to the deduction that production has indeed slowed down ? No boards, ergo, no production ?

Your statement is a massive dose of cognitive dissonance if so.

I hate cheese unless it is on Nachos.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: