Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:58:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] StarTrek insipred coins =) and mining links (Low Diff) Nice Bounties!  (Read 60683 times)
unfocus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 05:56:46 AM

OMG, Bitcointalk is back! It's alive!

Btw, KED has been stuck for 15 hours, no new block.

I have been having problem mining GPL using the scrypt-jane-gpu that's posted above. I keep getting "Invalid Nonce - HW error." even after tweaking the conf to be very conservative. Is there something I need to know with the scrypt-jane miner that's different that typical cgminer conf?

I am using 7950, been able to find a decent conf for both KED and UFC within the past week. No luck with GPL. I'd appreciate some pointers.

Thanks

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 10:59:15 AM

dream, scifi, my issue with wallet that does not show up 100 GPL still not resolve yet, i try on clean pc with latest but no luck, any suggestions?

I think scifi may have to help you from here.

I can see the transaction in the block chain, and I do not understand why your client does not see it.

http://gpl.cryptocoinexplorer.com/transaction/9080146606ec4e864bf424c344634e0af0aa48af1839ed6ff5afc1f905af7202

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 11:10:15 AM

OMG, Bitcointalk is back! It's alive!

Btw, KED has been stuck for 15 hours, no new block.

I have been having problem mining GPL using the scrypt-jane-gpu that's posted above. I keep getting "Invalid Nonce - HW error." even after tweaking the conf to be very conservative. Is there something I need to know with the scrypt-jane miner that's different that typical cgminer conf?

I am using 7950, been able to find a decent conf for both KED and UFC within the past week. No luck with GPL. I'd appreciate some pointers.

Thanks

Lately it seems getting cgminer (and its forks for mining gpl,yac..etc) has been quite the voodoo of getting the right SDK and driver version working with version of cgminer you or the modified cgminer uses.

On my 6950 rigs, I often find it easier just to run version 2.11.2 cgminer.

I just moved some hardware around on my rigs, so I have to setup my 7950 rig again, I will post back when I can confirm a working SDK-Driver-YAC or YBC miner combo to mine GPL.

I am looking into the issue with the KED pool.
scificoin (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 12:33:49 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 01:19:46 PM by scificoin

Hello all.

It's been a strange week for crypto, ups and downs depending on your point of view.  But let not  get into politics!

An update for all the very patient miners.  We have been testing the exchange and all is working as we had hoped.  We moved to the final server location and suffered some issues, that were not experienced in testing.  This is likely due a version of software that is different from the testing server.  Some last minute debugging and we will be ready.  

The problem is that the leading Dev has prior arrangements today that can not be cancelled, so we are looking at tomorrow or Wednesday .  I had hoped / expected the exchange to be in full swing by now, however these things never that simple.  Sorry to the miners but we are so close.

I don't want to become the BFL of exchanges so I will give a deadline today of... at the very latest Sunday.  Like I said we expect tomorrow or Wednesday.

If we fail to make this I will give 1000 (5000 blocks) of GPL to another trusted member to distribute fairly between the miners at the pools as compensation for the delay.  (This give away is only for miners that have already contributed at the (ked, ufc, gpl) pools).

meta.p02

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 02:08:17 PM

Could someone help compile a scrypt-jane CPUminer for Windows? I tried, but couldn't get it to work on MinGW.

Perhaps I could try Cygwin?

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
unfocus

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 03:23:31 PM

Lately it seems getting cgminer (and its forks for mining gpl,yac..etc) has been quite the voodoo of getting the right SDK and driver version working with version of cgminer you or the modified cgminer uses.

On my 6950 rigs, I often find it easier just to run version 2.11.2 cgminer.

Thanks for looking into this, dreamwatcher!

That old version of cgminer would not be able to mine scrypt-jane coins, right?

truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:33:43 PM

dream, scifi, my issue with wallet that does not show up 100 GPL still not resolve yet, i try on clean pc with latest but no luck, any suggestions?

I can see the transaction in the block chain, and I do not understand why your client does not see it.

http://gpl.cryptocoinexplorer.com/transaction/9080146606ec4e864bf424c344634e0af0aa48af1839ed6ff5afc1f905af7202

scifi pls look into my issue also, it worst 500 blocks
unfocus

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 04:38:47 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 05:04:47 PM by unfocus

Just for my own eduction, I am curious about what happen with pool gets stuck,  like KED yesterday or just now with UFC.

What happen to the orphaned block?
What happen to the shares contributed for that block?
What you do need to do to fix it? Just restart the pool?

Also when the difficulty is very low, it seems that the pool efficiency goes down as well. My interpretation is that because the work is simpler, many shares become stale as new blocks are found faster requiring workers to throw away previous work to work on new block. In this case, it would be more efficient to solo mine. Is this correct?

Sorry if I sound like an enthused newbie, because I am.

scificoin (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:18:16 PM

scifi pls look into my issue also, it worst 500 blocks

More information would be good,  you originally said you were having problems with Ked stuck at 22622 block, now you said you have lost 100 GPL.  The thread is very large now and I don't have time to search for your post.  

Please give us a little more to go on.

to start with;

What client version are you using?  
Was it a lost transaction or have you moved a wallet.dat file?
Gundamcoin

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:22:19 PM

i haven't visited this page in a week, so i didn't have the new wallets when this happened, but the other day i lost 256 ked.  and GPL is running soooo much slower than before.

the difficulty is the same, so why am i mining less than i was all the sudden?? i mined 6 gpl last night and i had been getting 30+ in a night! it started doing this Thursday night(latest wallet)

im guessing that losing 256 ked fri night was the result of a fork?(i also lost what i was mining. i may have mined with the wallet not in server mode, all icons were"?")
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 05:25:01 PM

Just for my own eduction, I am curious about what happen with pool gets stuck,  like KED yesterday or just now with UFC.

What happen to the orphaned block?
What happen to the shares contributed for that block?
What you do need to do to fix it? Just restart the pool?

Also when the difficulty is very low, it seems that the pool efficiency goes down as well. My interpretation is that because the work is simpler, many shares become stale as new blocks are found faster requiring workers to throw away previous work to work on new block. In this case, it would be more efficient to solo mine. Is this correct?

Sorry if I sound like an enthused newbie, because I am.

Orphan blocks are worthless and the shares are just rolled over to the next block in terms of payout.

This is the first time I have had an issue with a pool getting "stuck" like this.

I do not know how I am going to fix this sudden issue, I have to look into it further once I get access back into the server.

The pools will be down for a bit while a reset and bring them back up

scificoin (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:00:58 PM

i haven't visited this page in a week, so i didn't have the new wallets when this happened, but the other day i lost 256 ked.  and GPL is running soooo much slower than before.

the difficulty is the same, so why am i mining less than i was all the sudden?? i mined 6 gpl last night and i had been getting 30+ in a night! it started doing this Thursday night(latest wallet)

im guessing that losing 256 ked fri night was the result of a fork?(i also lost what i was mining. i may have mined with the wallet not in server mode, all icons were"?")

If you are solo mining then, then it's all down to luck and latency to the network nodes also have an effect.  for example whe we started off mining GPL we used a 4 core i7 at 4ghz,  we mined about 250 blocks in a row and then nothing, and not a single block since. this is likely due to being on the peripheries of the network with a ping of over 200 - 300ms to the US where the majority of the nodes are.   The only way to stop this is to mine in a pool and then latencies do not matter as much.  If you are worried about a fork and losing coins as a result this is another reason to use a pool or at the very least detect blocks via stratum by adding the pool as your second  "fail over" pool in cgminer / scrypt-jane_GPU miner.  

Also added dreamwatchers pool nodes as an addnode in your conf file.  

Also don't forget GPU mining drops efficiency over time with scyrpt-jane coins.  From what i have witnessed it's about 40% drop at present in efficiency of GPUs.  A miner may be able to answer this question better, as I am not sure if the settings need to change over time.  
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 06:15:39 PM

I have reset the server and I am still unhappy with performance.

I have banned one IP because it appeared to be scanning the pools constantly. If this is your IP, send me a PM (67.188.69.187).

I think I need to shut the server down, update the pool server software to latest and do a general cleanup.

However, I do not think it wise to do this so close to the opening of the Scifi exchange.

duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:22:47 PM

Hey SciFicoin,

sorryh to ask in this thead, i was wondering if Dollarpounds, Offerings, and Saurons Rings will be on the scifi exchange. i have save enought to give out some and sell some when the exchange opens.

j
unfocus

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 06:41:14 PM

I think I need to shut the server down, update the pool server software to latest and do a general cleanup.

However, I do not think it wise to do this so close to the opening of the Scifi exchange.

It could be worse after the exchange is open.

scificoin (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:46:51 PM

Hey SciFicoin,

sorryh to ask in this thead, i was wondering if Dollarpounds, Offerings, and Saurons Rings will be on the scifi exchange. i have save enought to give out some and sell some when the exchange opens.

j

Yes   Dollarpounds  (at launch)

Yes Offerings    (at launch)

No Saurons Rings.  The dev of the coin has never contacted me.  If they want these coins on the exchange they just need to start a conversation and we will definitely consider the coin. 
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 08:55:01 PM

In an effort to relieve some of the stress on the pool server, I will be moving the KED pool to a different VPS.

This will be a straight move and there will not be any need for anybody to change anything.

I am going to shut the KED pool down as soon as I can time it with a found block. In case there is an issue, it will be easier to untangle if I do not have to backtrack counting shares.

I will not be updating the pool software, as I am unsure if the current database is compatible with the newest release.

However there are alot of new features in the newest version, so after we get through the opening of the new exchange and things have settled a bit, I want to move all the pools to the newest version.

unfocus

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 09:11:48 PM

I think moving the pools into separate VPNs would be great as these coins gaining popularity. That's why I think it's a great idea to prepare before exchange is open, because the coins should only (hopefully) gain popularity.

BTW, I also have about 350 KEDs not confirmed early this morning. I've been mining using kedcoin.com pool, using cgminer.
Here is the pic on the unconfirmed transactions on my wallet:

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 10:14:53 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 11:22:23 PM by dreamwatcher

The transfer went smooth, except for one little detail:

THE KED MINING PORT IS NOW 7777

The Goldcoin pool on the server I moved the KED pool was already using port 3333 for its LP address. Since it had been there first I decided that the KED pool should change its port. I changed both coins ports to avoid conflict. Miners not seeing this post or the pool webpage would have been mining on the Goldcoin pool and unless they had the same account on the Goldcoin pool, would have got nothing.

This way, the mining software will not connect at all if left on port 3333.

THE KED MINING PORT IS NOW 7777

http://kedcoin.com

Mining:

http://kedcoin.com:7777

Scifi, please change the OP to reflect.

On the good news side, my testing has shown the KED pool website and Mining port to be MUCH faster!!!
Gundamcoin

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 01:15:43 AM

Can any miners help me out, im newb so not sure why GPL mining has been so , "all-of-the-sudden", slow.

today: 7 GPL in 12 hrs on the pool at about 300kh/s, is that normal as of now, because i was getting a lot more in that time frame.

i have the new wallet(2.3.0)

Just wanna make sure I don't need to change settings or something, still same startT?, im using the same ycbminer.

(my .bat file); C:\scrypt-jane\ybcminer --scrypt -o gplcoin.com:8888 -u Gundamcoin.Strike -p haro --Nfmin 4 --Nfmax 30 --StartT 1377557832 -I 16 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192

any help appreciated Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: