Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:47:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] StarTrek insipred coins =) and mining links (Low Diff) Nice Bounties!  (Read 60681 times)
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 06:38:05 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 07:35:39 AM by dreamwatcher

i delete EVERYTHING in local/roaming/darsek and start qt again and it still crash,
i think the problem is not related to corrupted wallet.

How does it "crash"? With the same error?

Did you completely delete the darsek directory? The database log files are contained in a sub directory of the darsek directory.

Try deleting the darsek data directory completely and allow the client to remake the directory.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:56:14 AM

yes, i completely delete the darsek on roaming folder, means delete everything.
the error is the same everytime.

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Users\truckythin\Desktop\Darsek\darsek-qt.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK  

Note that, i've just bring the wallet.dat to a clean machine that does not have darsek before, it run fine. But everytime i try on old machine that darsek has crashed before, it always crash, even delete local/roaming/darsek folder
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 08:16:49 AM

yes, i completely delete the darsek on roaming folder, means delete everything.
the error is the same everytime.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Users\truckythin\Desktop\Darsek\darsek-qt.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK  

Note that, i've just bring the wallet.dat to a clean machine that does not have darsek before, it run fine. But everytime i try on old machine that darsek has crashed before, it always crash, even delete local/roaming/darsek folder

OK, restart the old machine. What is happening is that Darsek is not really crashing, but Windows does not like the way it is closing threads.This is a known bug.
Because Darsek is really still running after the fake "crash", Windows keeps giving the error as you start a new instance of the client.

This has been discussed here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=377997.msg4082077#msg4082077

That thread is where all the latest info is now posted, please refer to that thread in the future.
truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:34:06 AM

thanks dream, will keep following with that thread instead.
jonoiv

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:52:11 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 09:08:20 PM by jonoiv

I have sent in the old KED wallet and sent my new address for redemption.

The new KED has the "Warning: checkpoints to old" message.   this happens whether I use a brand new wallet file or not.  I have deleted all files and restarted but still get the message.  it's synced upto block 13712 and it's getting new blocks so seems to be working fine, just with the message.  

Signature for hire!
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:55:05 PM

I have sent in the old KED wallet and sent my new address for redemption.

The new KED has the "Warning: checkpoints to old" message.   this happens whether I use a brand new wallet file or not.  I have deleted all files and restarted but still get the message.  it's synced upto block 13712 and it's getting new blocks so seems to be working fine, just with the message. 

The address I sent for redemption is D5pcHi8DLPJmBBH1LjtLXktm6ZzCwLRBmo

I had problems as well. Mine works fine now. Did you download the new wallet from this post? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=377997.0

mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 07:40:15 PM

this seem to be related to the change in POS ages and new years day.
KED is based on Novacoin and both are doing this today. The POS changes from 30-60 days to 60-90 days on 1/1/2014

you are still in 2013 but some nodes are in 2014 it should go away when you are in 2014

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:26:23 PM

Can someone point me to details of when and how much GPL stakes?

I am unable to find it posted anywhere other than it is noted as a PoW/PoS coin in the launch post.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 08:31:57 PM

Could we please all get on the same thread for questions and info on these coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=377997.0

I posted about the checkpoint issue here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=377997.msg4241850#msg4241850

I will need to look deeper into the GPL code to get you exact answers on POS. I have not worked that much with GPL yet as Darsek and UFC were/are the most in need.

scificoin (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:12:26 PM

Can someone point me to details of when and how much GPL stakes?

I am unable to find it posted anywhere other than it is noted as a PoW/PoS coin in the launch post.

In GPL code:

Code:
unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 365

Does this mean that our coins have to sit for a year before they accumulate stake? Please say it isn't so...

^This... I have coins since release and no stake generated... Also, what's the word on the exchange/cryptsy?

It certainly does, but look on the bright side!  People holding on for a long time to coins, increases the value.  Also as GPU's become inefficient over time, people may choose to mine a scrypt-jane coin as a "second" coin on a mining machine.

I see it like this... 1 PC running SHA_256 Asic (that needs a host machine), scrypt GPU and scrypt-jane CPU all at the same time.  It possible and is a way to make mining more efficient. 

you could mine,  Cubits or Bitcoin, UFC or Litecoin and GPL or YAcoin all on the same PC at the same time. 

But in answer to the original question,  yes it's a long time to wait I know, but it will decrease coin availability.

Yep it's 365 for the first pos blocks to appear.  Designed to make people save and buy. 
mruk

Activity: 103

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:31:28 PM

Is the Romulan Empire will also have a coin?

I'm sorry for the mistakes, I use google translator
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 07:43:25 PM

Is the Romulan Empire will also have a coin?

I'm sorry for the mistakes, I use google translator

Not yet. since Romulans are based on Rome perhaps Denarii?  DEN? RDC? RED is already in use.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:16:18 AM

it  is  good
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 05:44:52 PM

Let's hope no one makes a BORG coin that assimilates other wallets and turns them into BORG coin.  Shocked

aliceross222

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:16:50 AM

Let's hope no one makes a BORG coin that assimilates other wallets and turns them into BORG coin.  Shocked
BORG needs to happen
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:25:12 AM

HAHAHAHA  Grin
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 04:33:42 AM

Hello everyone.

We are looking at the darsek issue at the moment, and currently have not found the root cause of the issue.  I will be back intouch when we have an update.

As for the exchange, it has been delayed for at least 2 more weeks and more than likely 2 more months.  I told the current developer to stop working on the project after I found that he was lying to me.  Here is what happened.

The current Dev started work on the project on 4th Sept after the 1st guy did not have the skills necessary.  He was to work on the project full time, and he stated that he had done similar projects in the past and with this in mind he suggested a 2 week timescale.  I felt this optimistic but he was confident.

After 15 days he disappeared for 3 days and was not contactable. He reappeared and apologized, stating the reason was personal, and that he would continue with the project with immediate effect.  

on the approx 22nd Sept he stated that the main reason for the delay was bad planning.  He had planned to write the exchange from the ground up in Golang, and that he admitted this was not his usually language of choice.  He stated the problems were to do with;  the available golang bitcoin libs, being effectively buggy at best, and at worst broken.

He asked me at this point if I was happy to wait a little while longer and it will all be ported to Python,  a language that he has a vast experience with.  I agreed and at the end of September there was a working exchange.  

However there were many bugs and many of the solutions were not immediately obvious.  He decided to rewrite elements of the exchange.  At this point (approx 1st Oct)  I was given 2 days estimate for completion.  

The dev then disappeared again and resurfaced a few days later, stating he was sorry and will continue development straight away.  The reson was that a car had crashed from the street into his office.  I took this reason and allowed him to continue.

Around the 6th or 7th Oct I was told 1-3 days Maximum.  These days passed, and nothing.  on approx the 10th October we tested the wallets and all worked 100% he just needed to finalize the bugs in the exchange algorithm.  and Install the exchange at it's final destination.  I gave the deadline on Sunday 13th.  

On Sunday he was apparently implementing the exchange and uploading it.  however I could see no activity on the VPS and then he stated he needed to visit family.  No probs I thought if we are so close.  He returned that evening but said he will need to complete tomorrow.

On Monday the 14th He was on Skype, stating he could not do the work so quickly as his internet speed is 80Kbps and he did not know the reason for the slow speed.

I checked VPS traffic and there was non.  I knew he was lying and was just buying time.  That evening he was on skype saying he was applying the finishing touches while uploading.  I had to logout of Skype and boot into linux said I would be back in 30 mins.  

After 1 1/2 hours I returned to skype to see he had uploaded nothing and was not on skype, and no emails from him.  The next day he was also AWOL so I cancelled the deal with him. I was angry to say the least and I decided to cut my losses.

I feel bad, because I believe he was a very talented developer, but he has some real issues with time management and communication.  He seems to be a lazy genius,  coding what would take me 2 months in a week.  He's a procrastinator though.

He is a forum member so he is welcome to voice his side of events.  At present though I am not willing to work with someone that has this little regard for someone that is effectively his employer.   we were 6 weeks into a 2 week project and my patience was at it's limit nd he did not seem to give a shit.

As a result, I have some exchange code in Python that I do not know what to do with. But I will write the exchange from scratch in mainly PHP.  but this will delay it by a long time.

The good news is that I have asked Cryptsy to list the coins.  To which they have said they are interested in doing this, but we will need to wait for them to finish their work at the new data-center first.

I expect them to list each coin with exception of Darsek based on the current issue.  I want to say sorry to everyone involved with the coins.  

and if anyone is a python expert then PM me.  

Did you hire Michael Burns? Lol...

This Michael Burns? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_R._Burns
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41]
  Print  

Jump to: