Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:05:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Monarch - Delivery Dates  (Read 32524 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:49:44 PM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information-2.html#post77863
03-04-2014, 11:46 PM
deployment of the Monarch will be delayed about 5 weeks from now.

Tomorrow makes 11 weeks, yet not a single working Monarch. A great example of Josh's totally bogus timeline estimates.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information-post79874.html#post79874
04-19-2014, 04:39 PM
While it is possible we will begin shipping limited quantities by the end of the week of the 21st, it's more likely we will begin shipping the following week

So shipping the week of 4/28 - 5/2? Nope, no working devices yet.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_josh/386-monarch-update-30-april-2014-a.html
30 April 2014
We plan to begin shipping within the next 10 - 12 days

What's your guess. Did they ship when Josh predicted? Surprise! They didn't. 20 days later and nothing shipped.

Buy & Hold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:56:19 PM

Even today, let's say they had enough orders to increase the network by a mere 10%, that would be 8,000 Imperial Monarchs.  8,000 x ~550 = ~4.4 megawatts of power usage.  Ask one of the datacenter people what kind of space would be needed for this, what kind of power requirements, what kind of cooling would be needed, etc.

Nice strawman! No one ever claimed they built 8000 units and started mining with them all at once. The truth is, BFL takes pre-order funds, builds miners, then mines for profit with those customer machines. How many at a time? No one knows. But the fact that they do it is not under dispute. They stated such in court records.

Again made up maths to try to prove a point no one was making, SOP for BCP and BFL.  Funny how made up shit makes his point seem stronger. 

I personally would have called it another pathetic strawman attempt but meh you're obviously entitled to your own opinion  Wink

Hey BCP reality is quite a nice place to live, you should come visit us here sometime, you might like it after the shock of your delusion wears off.
How's this reality for you: you guys love to quote the court documents, so that means you've got $25-30 million in revenue for just 2013, which means the $1 million you are so worried about cannot amount to more than 3.3-4% of the total revenue.  On top of that, I'm sure there are Monarch orders in the mix, so that makes it even lower.  Using the number I mentioned before, 8000 Imperial Monarchs, that'd be ~$35 million more, dropping that down to 1.54-1.67%.  Not to mention, I'm sure there are plenty of complaints that have already been resolved as well as bogus complaints (like the $30 million one).  So sad you have to have your bubble burst like this, but you're hung up on minutia while being unable to see the bigger picture.  Bick is so desperate that he's necroing threads over a year old just so he can up his post count.  So sad the people you trolls look up to are in such straits.  Maybe once Bick gets his straight-jacket you'll begin to see the light.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:03:07 AM

So sad you have to have your bubble burst like this, but you're hung up on minutia while being unable to see the bigger picture.

Here's the big picture. In the words of the judge:

Now, there is a stench coming from Butterfly Labs. It's a strong smell. It's not enough to send you to prison today, because, to be quite honest with you, if it was, we'd be talking about 24 months in prison. It's not -- I think it's too close.

The official word from the judge, BFL stinks. We all know BFL stinks. Yet you continue to defend them. Unbelievable!

Buy & Hold
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:24:48 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 02:18:46 AM by Bicknellski

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information-2.html#post77863
03-04-2014, 11:46 PM
deployment of the Monarch will be delayed about 5 weeks from now.

Tomorrow makes 11 weeks, yet not a single working Monarch. A great example of Josh's totally bogus timeline estimates.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information-post79874.html#post79874
04-19-2014, 04:39 PM
While it is possible we will begin shipping limited quantities by the end of the week of the 21st, it's more likely we will begin shipping the following week

So shipping the week of 4/28 - 5/2? Nope, no working devices yet.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_josh/386-monarch-update-30-april-2014-a.html
30 April 2014
We plan to begin shipping within the next 10 - 12 days

What's your guess. Did they ship when Josh predicted? Surprise! They didn't. 20 days later and nothing shipped.

The original timeline bait and switch is the most obvious stinking part of the dead dog that is BFL marketing and they continue to promote fantasy lost leader shipping, power and price details on their website. If you order today when can you expect shipping of a Monarch? They do not know. They can not say. That is critical to any miner today especially when the competition is shipping units that are 2x cheaper, the next day with shipping included, and you don't need a PSU, casing and other paraphernalia to get your miner working unlike the 28nm cards that BFL have yet to demonstrate to anyone.

Reality check time BCP:

August 21, 2013 - http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11035951.htm

"The new chip has been in quiet development for the last six months." - Jeff Ownby, Butterfly Labs VP of Marketing

"Initial deliveries of the Monarch are slated to begin in December 2013." - Jeff Ownby, Butterfly Labs VP of Marketing

“If employed today, each device would mine approximately 6 bitcoins every 24 hours.
At the time of this writing, that's over $600 per day. However, it's important to point
out that mining difficulty & bitcoin prices change with great volatility. We can only
guarantee the performance specifications of our hardware, not the market value of
mining with it." - Jeff Ownby, Butterfly Labs VP of Marketing

Number of actual BTC mined since projected December 2013 deliveries. ZERO.

What they really have trouble admitting is that they lied yet again about the 'deliveries'. What this actually means is that BFL has been working on a 28nm chip for well over 15 months, since February 2013. They clearly promoted the shipping as early as December 2013 and they made claims that given that their past experience was so extensive they would not be "delayed" again was the implied reference. The had learned their lessons. Well they learned little in fact what they learned is how continue to lie and cheat their customers with false and misleading information. The court cases of which there are many are certainly well written and anyone can read the complaints that are filed for all these arguments.

"We've learned a great deal with our first ASIC. After an initial delay, that processor
has been shipping in volume for the past few months and is now powering the majority
of the Bitcoin network. For this 28nm version, we were able to use our test bench data
to make major optimizations in both speed and efficiency that would otherwise not be
possible with a first generation design.Our deep involvement with the engineering team
from Global Foundries has further allowed us to maximize our design for their advanced
28 nanometer process." - Butterfly Lab’s chief ASIC engineer John Cheng.

The BFL website makes no mention of when you can expect delivery of a Monarch if you order today. Given that their competition is shipping self-contained units that are 2 to 2.5 times cheaper and shipping in immediately means that anyone purchasing a BFL Monarch today is obviously not aware of either the competition has better products at cheaper price or the fact that BFL has NO working units after 15+ months of development.

No matter what BFL says at this point the Monarch is DEAD. It is way overpriced. It can't be delivered tomorrow nor will it every be delivered in 24 hours after purchase. Saying you have the most efficient chips means nothing if that chip is not on a proven design, hashing and able to be shipped to customers the same day it is purchased. BFL is out. The lies are systemic to the nature of this company. Josh Z. and Sonny V. are not the only people in this organization trying to promote unrealistic and fraudulent timelines. If they were serious about business they would have 100% immediate refund guarantee anytime the customers wanted it. As per FTC rules.

BFL_Josh wrote: on August 20, 2013.

"Yes, I would like to change it, but I have a sneaking suspicion if I have it changed now people will pitch a fit about false advertising or something."

Something prophetic in that statement n'est pas? 6 months later and he is still "not changing" anything.

As they say in Korea.

돌다리도 두드려 보고 건너라.

More appropriately for the poor souls who actually bought a Monarch believing it would get delivered here is one just for you guys.

그림의 떡.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:10:07 PM

So, yapyap, where were they doing all of this mining at?  

BFL mines with customer equipment, and they own EMC, so it's pretty safe to say they are mining at EMC.

BFL has already admitted they mine with customer equipment on the main block chain. BCP's white knighting is getting sad.

“[BFL] earns mining income from their burn testing of machines as well as service fees charged to Eclipse customers,” documents state. This revelation represents some of the worst fears held by skeptics of BFL—that the company is using its own hardware to profit privately before sending miners to people who actually paid for them.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/04/digging-for-answers-the-strong-smell-of-fraud-from-one-bitcoin-miner-maker/2/

http://www.scribd.com/doc/217190032/Butterfly-Labs-Production-of-Requested-Information-December-6-2013

pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase, facts schmacts, you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!  But then again BCP loves to ignore facts.
Typical troll FUD... you think I meant what pool when I meant physical location.  You guys are the ones that keep trotting out the "they mine with their gear up until it''s worthless and then ship" and now you have the idiots that are claiming the Monarch is already being used and won't ship until it too is worthless.  What I posted shows that broad statements like that are patently false, as the network didn't hit the speeds needed to make it true until way late in the game.  Over a year ago people were making the same claims, and back then the difficulty hadn't even changed.  Only the truly stupid can believe that a company would be able to physically house (at that time) more equipment than is currently on the network and not affect it.  Even today, let's say they had enough orders to increase the network by a mere 10%, that would be 8,000 Imperial Monarchs.  8,000 x ~550 = ~4.4 megawatts of power usage.  Ask one of the datacenter people what kind of space would be needed for this, what kind of power requirements, what kind of cooling would be needed, etc.  Even Bickfailskis vaunted immersion cooling he keeps trotting out would probably take 4 or 5 of those trailers to accomdate this much power and cooling needs.  It matters not, the stupid people have already shown their faces as I expected they would, that's already an X in the win column.

Typical troll FUD? From BFL's own mouth:
"Butterfly Labs earns mining income from their bum testing of machines"
http://www.scribd.com/doc/217190032/Butterfly-Labs-Production-of-Requested-Information-December-6-2013

They made that statement under oath. They mine with customers machines before they ship them.

BFL could easily be mining with quite a bit of their own stuff. BFL didn't make all of their devices in a batch (like normal companies do), but instead make a few hundred at a time. They mine with those for a bit, then ship them out. Simple, easy, hard to see in the block chain. This is BFL themselves have admitted to. They could run 3-4 weeks of Jalapeno & Single production and nobody would notice. That is less than 1% of the blockchain and well within the error margin.

Only an idiot of epic proportions would believe that BFL first produced 45,000 units and then tried to mine with them all. Which is why BCP19 brought it up I suppose.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:45:08 PM

Did anyone get their Jalapeno yet?

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:44:19 PM

Would it be too flippant to say.....

"Two weeks now"
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:08:12 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 02:52:45 AM by Bicknellski

BFL mines with customer equipment, and they own EMC, so it's pretty safe to say they are mining at EMC.

BFL has already admitted they mine with customer equipment on the main block chain. BCP's white knighting is getting sad.

“[BFL] earns mining income from their burn testing of machines as well as service fees charged to Eclipse customers,” documents state. This revelation represents some of the worst fears held by skeptics of BFL—that the company is using its own hardware to profit privately before sending miners to people who actually paid for them.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/04/digging-for-answers-the-strong-smell-of-fraud-from-one-bitcoin-miner-maker/2/

pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase, facts schmacts, you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!  But then again BCP loves to ignore facts.
Typical troll FUD... you think I meant what pool when I meant physical location.  You guys are the ones that keep trotting out the "they mine with their gear up until it''s worthless and then ship" and now you have the idiots that are claiming the Monarch is already being used and won't ship until it too is worthless.  What I posted shows that broad statements like that are patently false, as the network didn't hit the speeds needed to make it true until way late in the game.  Over a year ago people were making the same claims, and back then the difficulty hadn't even changed.  Only the truly stupid can believe that a company would be able to physically house (at that time) more equipment than is currently on the network and not affect it.  Even today, let's say they had enough orders to increase the network by a mere 10%, that would be 8,000 Imperial Monarchs.  8,000 x ~550 = ~4.4 megawatts of power usage.  Ask one of the datacenter people what kind of space would be needed for this, what kind of power requirements, what kind of cooling would be needed, etc.  Even Bickfailskis vaunted immersion cooling he keeps trotting out would probably take 4 or 5 of those trailers to accomdate this much power and cooling needs.  It matters not, the stupid people have already shown their faces as I expected they would, that's already an X in the win column.

They made that statement under oath. They mine with customers machines before they ship them.

BFL could easily be mining with quite a bit of their own stuff. BFL didn't make all of their devices in a batch (like normal companies do), but instead make a few hundred at a time. They mine with those for a bit, then ship them out. Simple, easy, hard to see in the block chain. This is BFL themselves have admitted to. They could run 3-4 weeks of Jalapeno & Single production and nobody would notice. That is less than 1% of the blockchain and well within the error margin.

Only an idiot of epic proportions would believe that BFL first produced 45,000 units and then tried to mine with them all. Which is why BCP19 brought it up I suppose.

The truth of what BFL did through ECM will be exposed. The discovery will prove the extent of the mining they did with the alleged 45,000 units. BCP has no evidence to confirm or deny the what BFL did with the units. He simply parrots Josh and BFL talking points then makes up shit to obfuscate. The reality as posted in the  BFL replies to the claims against them.

Here are the telling points in BFL's argument.

DEFENDANT BF LABS INC.’S ANSWER AND AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES TO PLAINTIFFS’ COMPLAINT

Code:
6. Plaintiffs’ claims are barred because the products in question underwent burn
testing for a minimal amount of time and had not be assigned to a customer order at the time of
the burn testing.

7. Plaintiffs’ claims are barred because untested products are not finished goods and
could not be customers’ equipment.

9. Plaintiffs’ claims are barred because burn testing was done to warrant the product
as fit and suitable for the purposes for which it is sold.

Let me translate for BCP. It is BFL's contention that the units were not assigned to the customer at the time they were burned in and that burn in was minimal. The evidence I can only suspect will point to the fact that there was a clear pattern of delaying shipments of units in order to keep burn in testing going to earn BTC for BFL as stated by the Plantiff's. Remember that the probation officer actually has complete access to Sonny V's and anyone else's computers and homes etc as a result of the probation directive of the Judge and that Sonny V needs to be forthright in providing information regarding burn in testing etc to help resolve the concerns of the probation officer so that their is no fraud.

Meaning that there is no where the probation officer can't look, and if she does look at Josh's laptop or the ECM logs and finds impropriety, long burn ins and slow delivery then Sonny V goes directly to jail after the next hearing and Josh and Co. will be up on charges of fraud etc. Making BFL a poster boy for Bad Bitcoin might be something the States Attorney may want to pursue.

Bottomline BFL is already in their defense trying to cover it's own ass with slippery speak. The units were not yours yet so you can't claim the burn in fees collected. I wonder why they would do that? Would it be because they have millions of burn in BTC? Could that be the reason to protect those funds from being used to compensation for those 6283+ complaints ?

Remember that all of these independent and individual complaints are definitely a significant portion of the total BFL customer base could be as much 50% is possible given the low number of units sold. I suspect they have hidden things quite well given that the IRS would have to be kept in the dark considering their financial statements / tax returns show loss according to court documents. At some point soon BFL is either going to get caught by the courts or by the IRS. The speculation will end in short order and when the dust clears I don't see how Sonny V or BFL are going to be doing business given the millions contested.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:29:17 AM

pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase, facts schmacts, you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!  But then again BCP loves to ignore facts.
Typical troll FUD... you think I meant what pool when I meant physical location.  You guys are the ones that keep trotting out the "they mine with their gear up until it''s worthless and then ship" and now you have the idiots that are claiming the Monarch is already being used and won't ship until it too is worthless.  What I posted shows that broad statements like that are patently false, as the network didn't hit the speeds needed to make it true until way late in the game.  Over a year ago people were making the same claims, and back then the difficulty hadn't even changed.  Only the truly stupid can believe that a company would be able to physically house (at that time) more equipment than is currently on the network and not affect it.  Even today, let's say they had enough orders to increase the network by a mere 10%, that would be 8,000 Imperial Monarchs.  8,000 x ~550 = ~4.4 megawatts of power usage.  Ask one of the datacenter people what kind of space would be needed for this, what kind of power requirements, what kind of cooling would be needed, etc.  Even Bickfailskis vaunted immersion cooling he keeps trotting out would probably take 4 or 5 of those trailers to accomdate this much power and cooling needs.  It matters not, the stupid people have already shown their faces as I expected they would, that's already an X in the win column.

The truth of what BFL did through ECM will be exposed. The discovery will prove the extent of the mining they did with the alleged 45,000 units. BCP has no evidence to confirm or deny the what BFL did with the units. He simply parrots Josh and BFL talking points then makes up shit to obfuscate. The reality as posted in the  BFL replies to the claims against them.

Here are the telling points in BFL's argument.

Code:
6. Plaintiffs’ claims are barred because the products in question underwent burn
testing for a minimal amount of time and had not be assigned to a customer order at the time of
the burn testing.

7. Plaintiffs’ claims are barred because untested products are not finished goods and
could not be customers’ equipment.

Let me translate for BCP. It is BFL's contention that the units were not assigned to the customer at the time they were burned in and that burn in was minimal. The evidence I can only suspect will point to the fact that there was a clear pattern of delaying shipments of units in order to keep burn in testing going to earn BTC for BFL as stated by the Plantiff's. Remember that the probation officer actually has complete access to Sonny V's and anyone else's computers and homes etc as a result of the probation directive of the Judge and that Sonny V needs to be forthright in providing information regarding burn in testing etc to help resolve the concerns of the probation officer so that their is no fraud.

Meaning that there is no where the probation officer can't look, and if she does look at Josh's laptop or the ECM logs and finds impropriety, long burn ins and slow delivery then Sonny V goes directly to jail after the next hearing and Josh and Co. will be up on charges of fraud etc. Making BFL a poster boy for Bad Bitcoin might be something the States Attorney may want to pursue.

Bottomline BFL is already in their defense trying to cover it's own ass with slippery speak. The units were not yours yet so you can't claim the burn in fees collected. I wonder why they would do that? Would it be because they have millions of burn in BTC? Could that be the reason to protect that funds? I suspect they have hidden things quite well given that the IRS would have to be kept in the dark considering their financial statements / tax returns show loss according to court documents. At some point soon BFL is either going to get caught by the courts or by the IRS. The speculation will end in short order and when the dust clears I don't see how Sonny V or BFL are going to be doing business given the millions contested.

I got BFL'd the other day at McD's, ordered a fucking Big Mac but when I opened the box it had a bite out of it.  When I asked the manager WTF was going on he claimed they had to "test" my Big Mac (I mean they have to make sure it won't kill me instantly) and since I hadn't received that particular Big Mac yet it obviously wasn't mine oh and also to kindly go fuck myself for being a whiny bastard.
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:02:32 AM

when did it become obvious to you guys they were a scam . I don't feel too bad for anyone who bought them past august. they didn't do any research and they got stuck with garbage.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:13:38 AM

Nice that Josh could afford a 1000 BTC home right?

http://www.kmbc.com/news/Kansas-man-buys-Johnson-County-home-with-Bitcoins/26083128

You are welcome Monarch customers.

Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:23:50 AM

That seems a bit harsh, it is equally likely that he just bought BTC 5 minutes before the transaction.

Nobody knows how much Josh is paid for his services to BFL. (Well somebody obviously does, but not the average consumer)

I agree that BFL has (had) the worst business practices and were breaking many laws, and have gone largely unpunished for it.
Time will tell how that pans out for them, as Wood law firm is currently persuing a case against BFL, and many more individuals have also filed lawsuits.

However, this is just a publicity stunt, which helps the bitcoin ecosystem as a whole, getting new people into Bitcoin.

I despise Josh like the next fellow bitcoin miner, but unless the corporation BFL bought the house, this really doens´t have too much to do with them.

Will BFL customers ever see a great return on their miners?

Unlikely, as they are priced around 3$/GH right now, and additional costs like PSUs etc. are not included.
Compare that with a 1,65$/GH Antminer S2, which includes everything, and you really can get double the bang for your buck, right now.

However, you are always free to demand a refund, which has to be granted by BFL, and they have recently done so several times.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:48:01 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 09:01:21 AM by Bicknellski

That seems a bit harsh, it is equally likely that he just bought BTC 5 minutes before the transaction.

Nobody knows how much Josh is paid for his services to BFL. (Well somebody obviously does, but not the average consumer)

I agree that BFL has (had) the worst business practices and were breaking many laws, and have gone largely unpunished for it.
Time will tell how that pans out for them, as Wood law firm is currently persuing a case against BFL, and many more individuals have also filed lawsuits.

However, this is just a publicity stunt, which helps the bitcoin ecosystem as a whole, getting new people into Bitcoin.

I despise Josh like the next fellow bitcoin miner, but unless the corporation BFL bought the house, this really doens´t have too much to do with them.

Unlikely, as they are priced around 3$/GH right now, and additional costs like PSUs etc. are not included.
Compare that with a 1,65$/GH Antminer S2, which includes everything, and you really can get double the bang for your buck, right now.

However, you are always free to demand a refund, which has to be granted by BFL, and they have recently done so several times.

Harsh?

Not if you are BFL customer or one of 6823+ people who complained to PayPal and or the FTC looking for refunds and compensation for late delivery or product still being waited on like the Monarch or upgrades to hashing that people have yet to receive. Where do you think all that BTC came from? His EMC mining before he sold it to BFL for 100K USD?

We will see how harsh the courts are. It is not harsh at all to speculate given the treatment of those who questioned BFL in these forums and BFL forums. All is fair in sticks and stones I am afraid. It wasn't fair to slander and defame people here and in the BFL forums but hey that wasn't harsh was it? Let us see what discovery provided Wood Law, when it finally hits the courtroom. Dollars to donuts some of that BTC that went into that home can be traced back to BFL burn-in at EMC on 'customer' machines or from pre-order money sent to BFL in good faith for miners right through the block chain.

This sort of publicity will turn 180 degrees if people get the same TV station to report what BFL is facing in court or reveal what Sonny V. probation hearing sounded like. Seriously BFL and BFL related people are toxic for the bitcoin community. The bad press won't stop at articles from ARStechnica. Mark my words.

Collider

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:01:34 AM

I certainly don´t think anyone associated with BFL represents Bitcoin in an acceptable (or representative) way.

However, if a top level employee of GM buys a house with his paycheck, you wouldn´t state that as criticism of the company, even though GM knew for 10 years that their cars were potential safety hazards, only recalling them now to fix the issues, after many cases of deaths caused by their lack of action.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:06:35 AM

I certainly don´t think anyone associated with BFL represents Bitcoin in an acceptable (or representative) way.

However, if a top level employee of GM buys a house with his paycheck, you wouldn´t state that as criticism of the company, even though GM knew for 10 years that their cars were potential safety hazards, only recalling them now to fix the issues, after many cases of deaths caused by these issues.

I would hold GM executives responsible for those actions. They should be held accountable for deaths of those people.

They covered up a crime at GM. BFL is probably doing things will land Sonny V back in Jail and given the 6283 complaints leveled at BFL things will come out. They are not GM. They are not lawyered up to cover their tracks and they are dealing in Bitcoin. Lots of transparency from wallet to wallet through the block chain.

If they murder people and get paid a bonus to protect the shareholders you don't think those things are connected? Really the sad aspect of GM and others that do this sort of thing like bankers on wall street is they screw up the economy or someone's life and they skate. BFL is not big enough to skate. They will fall.

Come on. BFL is not GM. There is already clear and direct evidence in the court documents to Sonny V and other people at BFL using business funds for personal use and it goes directly to the fact they paid for it with pre-orders. Why do you think BFL is trying to protect the burn in testing bitcoin they generated? The house of cards is collapsing and spending 1000 BTC on a house isn't really good PR it is just a bigger target for Wood Law to track you with. Not a smart move I bet the lawyers for BFL are wishing that Josh hadn't splashed his face all over TV given the nature of BTC and this case. Ouch.

Collider

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:16:58 AM

Okay, i agree that top level executives (and basically any executive) should be held accountable for decisions that cover up or enable criminal offences.

It is also very likely that Sonny will go back to Jail over all the allegations his company faces, especially when criminal charges will be proven correct.

I don´t think it is very likely that Josh will get a major punishment for all his false advertising and other disgusting things he did to the community and his customers, partly because he didn´t do it as a private person.

However, it is irrelevant wether somebody buys anything with his earned money. The charges will be applied no matter what.

We don´t live in an ideal world, and the justice system, especially in America, does work with a different set of rules concerning private persons and corporations, especially in times of high unemployment.

The thing that will hurt BFL most and is easily achieved is by demanding a refund and taking your money to a company worthy of your funds and profits, or just keep the money alltogether.
Consumers "vote" with every dollar spent on which company is doing the right thing.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:55:04 AM

Okay, i agree that top level executives (and basically any executive) should be held accountable for decisions that cover up or enable criminal offences.

It is also very likely that Sonny will go back to Jail over all the allegations his company faces, especially when criminal charges will be proven correct.

I don´t think it is very likely that Josh will get a major punishment for all his false advertising and other disgusting things he did to the community and his customers, partly because he didn´t do it as a private person.

However, it is irrelevant wether somebody buys anything with his earned money. The charges will be applied no matter what.

We don´t live in an ideal world, and the justice system, especially in America, does work with a different set of rules concerning private persons and corporations, especially in times of high unemployment.

The thing that will hurt BFL most and is easily achieved is by demanding a refund and taking your money to a company worthy of your funds and profits, or just keep the money alltogether.
Consumers "vote" with every dollar spent on which company is doing the right thing.

I'd agree with all that. Here is hoping that people can recoup some of the monies they lost and that BFL is limited in their ability to do any business in the future. The problem I see is that Josh didn't have 500K before he started working for BFL. The salary he gets from a company that basically can't ship product on time and does it on purpose is a scam. Hopefully the Judge sees it that way and claws back most of what these people took from their dissatisfied customers.

bcp19

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:10:05 AM

Harsh?

Not if you are BFL customer or one of 6823+ people who complained to PayPal and or the FTC looking for refunds and compensation for late delivery or product still being waited on like the Monarch or upgrades to hashing that people have yet to receive. Where do you think all that BTC came from? His EMC mining before he sold it to BFL for 100K USD?

We will see how harsh the courts are. It is not harsh at all to speculate given the treatment of those who questioned BFL in these forums and BFL forums. All is fair in sticks and stones I am afraid. It wasn't fair to slander and defame people here and in the BFL forums but hey that wasn't harsh was it? Let us see what discovery provided Wood Law, when it finally hits the courtroom. Dollars to donuts some of that BTC that went into that home can be traced back to BFL burn-in at EMC on 'customer' machines or from pre-order money sent to BFL in good faith for miners right through the block chain.

This sort of publicity will turn 180 degrees if people get the same TV station to report what BFL is facing in court or reveal what Sonny V. probation hearing sounded like. Seriously BFL and BFL related people are toxic for the bitcoin community. The bad press won't stop at articles from ARStechnica. Mark my words.

You're slipping Bickski... first it was 6283 and now it's 6823... you going for 8632 next?

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:26:27 AM

14%

45000 undocumented units sold.
6283 paypal and FTC documented complaints.
1000 bitcoin for Josh's new house.
100's of documented RMA's.
2 more years of probation for Sonny V. from the Judge.
RSN for monarch delivery.
1 shill called BCP.

PRICELESS.

bcp19

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:42:13 AM

14%

45000 undocumented units sold.
6283 paypal and FTC documented complaints.
1000 bitcoin for Josh's new house.
100's of documented RMA's.
2 more years of probation for Sonny V. from the Judge.
RSN for monarch delivery.
1 shill called BCP.

PRICELESS.
@Bick: Got an offer for ya homeboy, if I can prove you've deleted posts, will you pack up and never post again?  If you can prove me wrong, I'll be the one to leave.  How about it?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: