Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:20:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Monarch - Delivery Dates  (Read 32524 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:32:19 AM

of course "miracles' require no proof...the act of 'faith' is enough

Unfortunately BFL is a faith based industry the only miracle is they are still in business.

it is a long...bumper sticker...but would be worth it to see how many people would honk when they read the above heh Smiley

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:15:05 AM

Has anyone created a "Damages calculator for Bitcoin" as yet?

I want to punch in:

If I had X Gh that I paid for on this date I would have earned Y bitcoins by Z date when they actually delivered???

http://retrocalc.net/

Be careful its soul destroying

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:22:32 AM

I know may I have been an idiot buying from them.

Now how do you feel?

Buy & Hold
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:09:57 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 03:23:02 PM by PuertoLibre

No, its not luck. (So sorry, no high probability for getting a supermodel GF, hate to burst your bubble Wink )

Sonny has been warned by his "supervised release" judge that his company smells like fraud and if more cases will be won against BFL he will go back to jail.

He will be under court supervision for the next two years.

He only narrowly escaped going back to prison earlier this year, as he had to appear before a judge.

BTW did you know BFL had at least 16m$ in Paypal preorders alone?

yeah ...not sure how that shakes out I was told back in the day just after paypal stopped refunds is they stopped
them because bfl was out of cash and they canceled any new paypal with bfl that was last fall i think?...not sure if that means
they burned thru 16 million in refunds this last summer/fall including the with in 45 day folks at that time?
(possible i dumped 1/2 in time 180gh ...it is the last 1/2 that took a year that drove me to fits)
Nah, from reading in between the lines, back in late March/April 2013 BFL alluded to the idea that they were refunding PayPal orders via Paypals "send payment" option. If that was the case...and I believed it was back then....they seemed to be [speculation] circumventing the regular refund method with a substitute method on their PayPal merchant account. Very likely to keep PayPal from noticing/flagging a huge number of refund requests by PayPals standard accounting practices. Was it a very good plan to circumvent the quality control and safeguards at PayPal? (If that was indeed the case?)

Anyway, I then exposed/proposed that "IF" this were ever the case, it was indeed crafty...but with one fatal flaw. It would expose BFL's own customers to an incredibly temptation of "double tapping" the refund window. In effect, a BFL customer could see it as BFL having sent them a sort of "freebie" payment out of the blue while still leaving the customer with the open option to still initiate the process of ordering a valid refund request via their control panel.

Hence, possibly opening the door to a sort of PayPal induced pandoras box.

I said as much back then. I recall a very irate Inaba/Josh started attacking me for even mentioning such a possibility. He seemed adamantly concerned about my mentioning of it. Strangely, shortly thereafter, very strangely...PayPal and BFL had an apparent confrontation. Its difficult to pierce the veil of what happened.

I can only guess BFL saw some kind of unknown influx of "proper" refund requests that suddenly made PayPal pounce on their merchant account. Strangely, PayPal seemed to ask BFL to come up with tracking numbers for their customers. (I know the deal since I have undergone that too).

There was a bit of a toss up from customers around that time, many bemoaned sudden influxes of fake tracking numbers that didn't actually show anything. Who knows what that was about? Smiley

Then, if you read in between the lines and speculate on what bled through, apparently BFL was also asked by PayPal to show proof that they had either A) Hardware or B) had a working prototype.

-----------------------

Very surprisingly, the first hacked together, barely functioning (and far over spec) prototype popped up just then. Mystery mystery.

Of course, it was a piece of crap that looked like it was about to blow a fuse. On April fools I believe they "delivered" a prototype to one of the Bitcoin developers. By delivered, I mean neither shipped nor actually leaving the development facility. Apparently a delivery only in name (and affixed to a metal board surrounded by testing equipment @ Butterfly Labs.)

I recall they also just barely missed having to pay a 1000 BTC bet by minutes by protesting that to constitute a shipment to a customer. [??]

-----------------------

After the apparent 45 days you'd expect Paypal to have given. Things went south with PayPal. Their account was likely suspended and they couldn't seemingly take in credit card orders through PayPal from what I could glean. Further passing comments seemed to indicate that at least Josh wasn't happy about Paypal.

They started a rather false campaign to create illusions that they had reached a shipping stage. (And hence no one could ask for refunds anymore) In all that hoopla they [I felt] literally tricked people into signing away their agreement that they were in it for the long haul. I warned folks but too many idiots fell openly for it. Too bad for them.

When they came to realize they had just agreed not to get a refund poof, they were screwed. And shipping was still months away.

People (later helped by a fellow Bitcointalk member) to discharge funds from (what I can only assume) was a frozen account with an unknown number of dollars. A number of people got their money back. Then the account apparently ran dry.

The rest is history?

I've mentioned before in threads that I'm lucky he is a convicted felon...or I'd be soooooo out of luck...i doubt the class action
would have got me a refund by itself ..the combo of the two is my guess

.so who is the saint of bitcoin miners? ....seems they came thru on bfl customers heh

(hmm we need to take a vote...move this to a 'higher plain of argument"....obviously divine intervention IS involved! Smiley

Searing

Nah. But it would be nice if it were.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:25:10 PM

Unfortunately BFL is a faith based industry the only miracle is they are still in business.

At this point I am more likely to win the lottery, see a UFO and bigfoot......all while riding a unicorn, before I will see anything from BFL.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
sid7039

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:17:01 PM

The truth about delivery dates:
http://pl.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BFL
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 04:53:08 PM

LOL That was freaking awesome. Cheesy

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:02:03 AM

Does anyone believe that they will deliver at all ?

with the refunds..sales likely gone...paying for the employees etc..I'm at a loss
why they have not applied for bankruptcy already

are there that many 'noobs' that are buying 65mm stuff from BFL to float their boat?

er also being not a business man...is it may end of the fiscal year? Could they
just be dragging all this out till June 1st then pull the plug? likely I have my
months wrong

flummoxed I am

Searing

Simple answer is that they have been self mining from the GEKO

The Whole BFL story has been about SELF MINING activities

OBJECT NOT FOUND
bcp19

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:15:47 AM

Does anyone believe that they will deliver at all ?

with the refunds..sales likely gone...paying for the employees etc..I'm at a loss
why they have not applied for bankruptcy already

are there that many 'noobs' that are buying 65mm stuff from BFL to float their boat?

er also being not a business man...is it may end of the fiscal year? Could they
just be dragging all this out till June 1st then pull the plug? likely I have my
months wrong

flummoxed I am

Searing

Simple answer is that they have been self mining from the GEKO

The Whole BFL story has been about SELF MINING activities
Amazing how you keep trotting out this self-mining FUD... what's funny is simple logic shows you are wrong.  45,000 units shipped... let's say 50% were Jalapenos, that's a minimum 112.5TH.  Even if the other 22,500 were Little Singles (their least sold item), that's another 675TH.  That means at a bare minimum they had more than .8PH and likely much closer to 2PH or higher.  The networks didn't even reach .8PH until mid September, and with AM and Avalon and the rest, they couldn't have had the entire network.  2PH wasn't reached until mid October, and again, there was a lot of other companies involved, so not all of it could be theirs.  But between Oct and Dec the hash rate tripled... right during the time BFL's shipping status was moving the fastest according to their blog.  So, yapyap, where were they doing all of this mining at? 

Note: This isn't a white knight post, nor is it championing, it's merely pointing out that a stupid person is yet again being stupid.  Sadly the trolls here cannot tell the difference without a scorecard.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:22:34 AM

So, yapyap, where were they doing all of this mining at? 

BFL mines with customer equipment, and they own EMC, so it's pretty safe to say they are mining at EMC.

Buy & Hold
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:58:59 AM

BFL mines with customer equipment, and they own EMC, so it's pretty safe to say they are mining at EMC.

BFL has already admitted they mine with customer equipment on the main block chain. BCP's white knighting is getting sad.

“[BFL] earns mining income from their burn testing of machines as well as service fees charged to Eclipse customers,” documents state. This revelation represents some of the worst fears held by skeptics of BFL—that the company is using its own hardware to profit privately before sending miners to people who actually paid for them.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/04/digging-for-answers-the-strong-smell-of-fraud-from-one-bitcoin-miner-maker/2/

http://www.scribd.com/doc/217190032/Butterfly-Labs-Production-of-Requested-Information-December-6-2013

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:33:31 AM

BFL has already admitted they mine with customer equipment on the main block chain. BCP's white knighting is getting sad.

“[BFL] earns mining income from their burn testing of machines as well as service fees charged to Eclipse customers,” documents state. This revelation represents some of the worst fears held by skeptics of BFL—that the company is using its own hardware to profit privately before sending miners to people who actually paid for them.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/04/digging-for-answers-the-strong-smell-of-fraud-from-one-bitcoin-miner-maker/2/

http://www.scribd.com/doc/217190032/Butterfly-Labs-Production-of-Requested-Information-December-6-2013

pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase, facts schmacts, you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!  But then again BCP loves to ignore facts.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:39:31 AM

BFL hasn't updated everyone one the new talking points for the Monarch.

He is still using the 2013 script he was issued at dinner with Josh.

All paid for with customer pre-order money. Also well documented that Sonny and others have corporate cards they use for personal expenses.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:41:01 AM

BFL hasn't updated everyone one the new talking points for the Monarch.

He is still using the 2013 script he was issued at dinner with Josh.

All paid for with customer pre-order money. Also well documented that Sonny and others have corporate cards they use for personal expenses.

The elephant in the room is this IMHO

"IF you knew that BFL would not have to deliver a miner for more then 1+ year(s) w/o having to refund your $$$$.....would you have
ever ordered in the first place?"

When you order something you have a 'reasonable' expectation to get the item or get a refund....even IF the contract is written or
interpreted that is NEVER the case...as BFL claims"

Thus it is FRAUD either the intentional kind ($$$/and use of miner financed by customers..)

or

It is FRAUD of the unintentional kind...ie you did not have the skills/expertise/luck or whatever to get the item made in a timely fashion

So if what BFL says is true..any company can get your money for any purpose and not send you the product for more then 1+ year(s) with

NO possibility of a refund.....because you said/signed/implied or agreed (prob with a pop up box on the web order site) to these conditions...

If that is how companies could run the world..we'd all be working a coal mine yet and paying $$$ to the company store (bless my Irish ancestors)
because NO ONE would ever have progressed in capitalism from my great grandfathers time up the ladder to a large middle class system!

The fact this has gone on as long as it has just makes me sick that we have 'no real enforceable' regulations in this country (usa) anymore...
just kick the can down the road till it reaches this point 1 year later..FTC/Paypal/bfl's county attorney...i mean really....

NO ONE looks very good in the light of BFL's actions..including ME who was DUMB enough to believe them!

my 2c worth

Searing

(still p/o'd even after refund..)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:48:59 AM

That is why these lawsuits are important and why BFL will need to defend very vigorously or else they are going to lose everything that is left including the house, car and diners club cards and be on the hook for those personal "loans". Ouch.

I wonder how BFL paid $100,000USD to Josh? Did they use pre-order money? Or did they pay him off with "burn-in" testing? Be interesting to have the IRS audit that.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:51:26 AM

It's truly amazing to see that there are still people who send money to BFL after so many let downs.
bcp19

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:04:27 AM

pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase, facts schmacts, you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!  But then again BCP loves to ignore facts.
Typical troll FUD... you think I meant what pool when I meant physical location.  You guys are the ones that keep trotting out the "they mine with their gear up until it''s worthless and then ship" and now you have the idiots that are claiming the Monarch is already being used and won't ship until it too is worthless.  What I posted shows that broad statements like that are patently false, as the network didn't hit the speeds needed to make it true until way late in the game.  Over a year ago people were making the same claims, and back then the difficulty hadn't even changed.  Only the truly stupid can believe that a company would be able to physically house (at that time) more equipment than is currently on the network and not affect it.  Even today, let's say they had enough orders to increase the network by a mere 10%, that would be 8,000 Imperial Monarchs.  8,000 x ~550 = ~4.4 megawatts of power usage.  Ask one of the datacenter people what kind of space would be needed for this, what kind of power requirements, what kind of cooling would be needed, etc.  Even Bickfailskis vaunted immersion cooling he keeps trotting out would probably take 4 or 5 of those trailers to accomdate this much power and cooling needs.  It matters not, the stupid people have already shown their faces as I expected they would, that's already an X in the win column.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:27:17 AM

It's truly amazing to see that there are still people who send money to BFL after so many let downs.

Even more amazing people BCP continue to support BFL no matter how obvious the fraud.

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:00:40 PM

Even today, let's say they had enough orders to increase the network by a mere 10%, that would be 8,000 Imperial Monarchs.  8,000 x ~550 = ~4.4 megawatts of power usage.  Ask one of the datacenter people what kind of space would be needed for this, what kind of power requirements, what kind of cooling would be needed, etc.

Nice strawman! No one ever claimed they built 8000 units and started mining with them all at once. The truth is, BFL takes pre-order funds, builds miners, then mines for profit with those customer machines. How many at a time? No one knows. But the fact that they do it is not under dispute. They stated such in court records.

Buy & Hold
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:10:10 PM

Even today, let's say they had enough orders to increase the network by a mere 10%, that would be 8,000 Imperial Monarchs.  8,000 x ~550 = ~4.4 megawatts of power usage.  Ask one of the datacenter people what kind of space would be needed for this, what kind of power requirements, what kind of cooling would be needed, etc.

Nice strawman! No one ever claimed they built 8000 units and started mining with them all at once. The truth is, BFL takes pre-order funds, builds miners, then mines for profit with those customer machines. How many at a time? No one knows. But the fact that they do it is not under dispute. They stated such in court records.

Again made up maths to try to prove a point no one was making, SOP for BCP and BFL.  Funny how made up shit makes his point seem stronger. 

I personally would have called it another pathetic strawman attempt but meh you're obviously entitled to your own opinion  Wink

Hey BCP reality is quite a nice place to live, you should come visit us here sometime, you might like it after the shock of your delusion wears off.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: