Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:56:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH next to BTC?  (Read 283391 times)
zander09

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:34:34 AM

yeah, eth is more like mother of alternative currencies that will soon overcome btc in the next several years. ethereum not yet established any event for their coin and yet the prices can grow each time. i think there will be possibility that this coin could go higher than btc.

If that happen we need to buy more eth now while the price of eth is not yet increase and hold it for long term, many people use ethereum because of those token .
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:12:42 AM

bitcoin is blockchain 1.0 then we can see that it has some problem with regards with the scalability meaning it can only handle several transactions per period of time. It can't  compete with VISA at MASTERCARD in processing its transactions. That is why there is always backlogs or late transactions.

Because of this need to scale up here comes ethereum which is blockchain 2.0 to address the weakness of bitcoin in terms of scaling. Now ethereum can handle so many transactions and much much more than bitcoin and with added features like smart contract. Now by using this smart contract several platform were developed that runs on ethereum network. So imagine how ethereum address the problem of scalability that bitcoin failed to do and still trying to address it by implementing several forks or upgrades. one of which is the segwit and the upcoming lightning network. Now since mass adoption is coming and a lot of people are now going into cryptos and more and more new platforms are still coming to run on ethereum network, now we can see that even ethereum is having its scalability problem for ethereum network is now congested with transactions. scaling ethereum network to the next level is still in the planing stage, vitalik is looking to use shards technology to spread the load of the network to different network. its like having multiple universe within the universe according to him but this is still a plan and not sure if it will work.

I agree with you on this point, Ethereum is getting engaged in much more transaction than Bitcoin that's why ETH is becoming more useful than Bitcoin that's true, But it's also true that due to the volatility of Bitcoin price ETH is replacing this platform. you have to make understand that in this virtual world, no currency will be stable unless its user will be stable.

On the other hand, Bitcoin has made a great platform regarding payment system. a lot of online markets have started accepting Bitcoin for the payment purpose. So ETH could be a contender for Bitcoin but it requires a lot of time for the next of Bitcoin.
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:26:25 AM

I just created this thread to gather opinions ..
Ethereum is next to BTC?
I do not think if the value of ETH will exceed the current value of bitcoin, although ETH including altcoin is quite potential but the value ratio is still very much, and it feels heavy if ETH can grow so fast to pursue bitcoin values. at least not, not in the near future.
ETH is indeed a very good coin and most of the people are primarily using it for the sake of short term investment of money and day trading. No matter what the condition and circumstances will be, there will be no way that ETH will take away the priority over bitcoin.

Bitcoin is and will remain the top rated crypto coin in the world of crypto currencies. ETH cannot take priority over bitcoin in any way.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:07:55 AM

Ethereum is next to BTC?
This two really makes the most highy value prices of the crypto currency right now.They really made their job as the first and second crypto coin that really grows their value in the coinmarketcap.I hope they will last longer together with other altcoins.
Yeah these two are making remarkable progress but bitcoin is leading because bitcoin user are in increased no and its popularity is also very high whereas eth is only used by those who invest for the short term and if a person is aiming for the better future he will surely choose bitcoin because bitcoin has built a trust in the investor heart and there is no chance of loss in bitcoin whereas eth is going down nowadays.
bunnylegacy

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:42:36 AM

Ethereum is next to BTC?
I think so, because the current eth is in progress. from year to year eth according to me will very fast grow and progress like btc price

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★       
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 30% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:45:22 AM

Ethereum is next to BTC?

ETH and BTC are going to be the giants of this space. When everything else fails, rest assured, these two will stick around.
There is no doubt in existence of bitcoins in this planet but there are more chances for the Eth to exist among all the altcoins. There is nothing bad about these bath till now and they are getting popular day by day. Bitcoins have chased the extreme ratings from the users within short time span and same is happening with ETH. Good things come to these two shining flickers of the crypto world.
ETH and bitcoin cannot be compared in anyway. Both of the crypto coins are good at their own place and people are using them for different purposes. Bitcoin is really a good option for long term investment while ETH is having this much fame in the world because it is the best coin for the sake of day trading. You ca go for ETH if you are unable to invest in bitcoin and that too will help you make some good money.
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:43:46 PM

Ethereum is next to BTC?
Eth may grow this year, but the price will not beat bitcoin, because bitcoin is the most popular type of digital currency. Although the current price movement of Eth is able to increase slowly but will not shift the position of bitcoin.
Yeah nothing can beat bitcoin because bitcoin has bright value and importance that is unbeatable now no currency can reach the importance of bitcoin, it is more increase for using bitcoin as a currency ETH cannot be use to buy small thing but bitcoin can be use to buy all kind of things that people need in daily life, not only ETH but no currency can reach as high bitcoin has reached now just because of high price and easy usage.
jhamz03

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:06:14 AM

In my opinion yes if ETH will over shadow bitcoin from its record braking place, or if bitcoin value will fall over ETH then that would be the off chance that it might be the next to bitcoin. But aside from this event and at this moment, that would still by far from expectations if ETH want to compete with bitcoin. But that still depend on the community if many of individuals would love to use ETH over bitcoin and if they found it more convenient, then that would be the time ETH will be the next BTC.
Adioliver

Merit: 108

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:59:30 AM

Ethereum is next to BTC?
I wouldn't be surprised if Ethereum overtakes bitcoin.I think from every aspect Ethereum deserves to be the top cryptocurrency.The striking feature that I love about Ethereum is it's lightning speed transactions.I had started my tour in cryptoworld with bitcoin but now I have eventually moved to Ethereum.I guess the bitcoin is soon going to introduce lightning speed network.If that happens bitcoin will remain the king of cryptocurrencies.
ashfer

Activity: 353

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:37:02 AM

Btc can be said as the king of all crypto even though the price has some sliding happening from december it is still the best crypto currency ever and it is still ranking the top currency. As you may know that btc was the first crypto created and introduced in the market and it is still the best currency which is more popular globally if say about crypto currency there are a big number of digital currencies which came after the introduction of bitcoins but among all btc is one which master the digital world and is still ruling the digital world of investment. ETH can be considered as the next best currency after btc and even i feel that this year is going to be the best year for ETH market value as i also feel the value of ETH will be improving in this year does not mean that the market value of ETH will go beyond btc.

reisuke24

Activity: 358

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 09:46:27 AM

if it popularity, eth can be next btc. for the price its need more year to reach btc price.
many issue from other country, than crypto price down. and if no party pump eth price, it will take long progress. killing bitcoin so difficult, but eth can be the next btc if they are lost interest to it.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:54:22 AM

Yes, Eth is the next coin after bitcoin.
Bitcoin is the number first coin in crypto world and it is called queen coin while the second high ranking coin is eth according to price and customers also.
Ethereum is also getting more demand in market after bitcoin and people are investing happily in bitcoin.
Jgatsby

Activity: 265

Pretty kewl right?

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:56:50 AM

Well like every king, someone will take his place but i doubt that it will happen soon and it may take time. Like they said Ethereum is considered to be the next best cryptocurrency after Bitcoin, not only offers better transaction speed but uses Etash technology as well which encourages decentralised mining and mitigates the use of ASICS. Ethereum has a potential but i doubt that it will reach the value of bitcoin soon, maybe after a few years.

sebastiancschwab

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:09:45 AM

No longer i think.  but now BTC is a standard
Fazlurkhan.kz

Merit: 114

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:15:45 AM

There are many projects that run under ethereum and mostly there are many successful ones too. And it is stable too the recent trend of the fall in the market didn't seem to affect ethereum much which proves that it is stable but when compared with bitcoin it is clear that by any chance if ever bitcoin crashes it will definitely be ethereum will take over the cryptocurrency world!
Klestar

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:18:43 AM

I also think of this that ethereum will stop the bitcoin's dynasty as highest valued crypto of all time but isn't it so hard for ethereum to even tied the bitcoins value? and even now ethereum's value is far from the bitcoin's value. Its very vague right now as the drop of bitcoin is also a drop for ethereum, i noticed that kind of parallelism in the cryptomarket, when bitcoin is deflating the other coins are deflating too.
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:21:29 AM

Ethereum is next to BTC?
well i guess there are some reasons to prove that it is, there are so many tokens now that are supporting ETH and almost all of them are now based on ethereum tokens.
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:27:35 AM

yeah, eth is more like mother of alternative currencies that will soon overcome btc in the next several years. ethereum not yet established any event for their coin and yet the prices can grow each time. i think there will be possibility that this coin could go higher than btc.
Maybe in an instance you can be right on your claim and prediction that Ethereum can soon overcome Bitcoin in terms of growing price where it is right now but better think of it that many people still recognize Bitcoin as more beneficial im terms of pricing than Ethereum and if it is the mother of alternate cryptocurrencies, well for me, Bitcoin can be coined as the root of all existence of cryptocurrencies since it was the first ever established cryptocurrency and others are just based from it.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:40:55 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 09:15:26 PM by chickenado

Maybe in an instance you can be right on your claim and prediction that Ethereum can soon overcome Bitcoin in terms of growing price where it is right now but better think of it that many people still recognize Bitcoin as more beneficial im terms of pricing than Ethereum and if it is the mother of alternate cryptocurrencies, well for me, Bitcoin can be coined as the root of all existence of cryptocurrencies since it was the first ever established cryptocurrency and others are just based from it.
I think it is really too early to predict because if take a look at the price of ETH and BTC they are really different bitcoin is really big enough for ETH that is why I believe that the etherium is really next to bitcoin it can't really surpass bitcoin it is always on second rate even if we put basis of their popularity bitcoin is really the first or maybe the most popular.
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:58:56 AM

My perspective is still bitcoin , bitcoin is decentrelized coin and by the marketplace demand it determined the price of bitcoin that is why bitcoin is stable , and on the Ethereum , eth is one of the best alt coins despite the price of it , eth is absolutely on the second place. And if you have a money to invest make sure to invest the half of it in eth and the half of it in the btc , its more worth it though.
I agree on that i really believe in bitcoin and it's capability to earn a huge a profit in a berry simple way this bitcoin really getting more trend on social media and it really getting more popular i think etherium also is popular but notcas popular as the bitcoin because they are really has a different price and a different status.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: