Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:11:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to evaluate potential ICO projects?  (Read 1498 times)
eMaxie

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:59:23 PM

Read about it, evaluate the perspectives of the project, try to read or watch the opinion of some experts that are NOT interested in promoting. The main thing here is the idea of the project, but you should also look into its team and maybe communicate with them. I've chosen for myself the one that allows you to directly interact with the developer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoSheikh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:52:49 PM

First of all begin with the project. If the whitepaper can't explain what's the project for and how the token/coin is going to be used then that's the first sign of scam

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
kreket1

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 07:02:50 PM

Study the project well. We need to understand why they need a blockchain. Read the road map and white paper of the project. Find developers on social networks. But these conditions do not give a full guarantee.

LeapWithAlice

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 12:07:55 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2018, 02:03:31 AM by LeapWithAlice

This was an answer from a different post of mine.

What I think makes a good ICO is their use case. Does the project need a coin? Most projects do not. I like to see strategic partnerships with real companies (not just another ICO) that make sense. Most of all, do they have a community backing them? Same as an IPO or any other investments, do your research before you transfer funds!
icospection

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:16:55 AM

Hi!

I think everybody has their own approach, and although I cannot tell you any one correct way, I can tell you my way.

I have a default set of factors that I look out for:
1. Team Experience & Background
Is the team experienced? What companies have they worked for?
2. Concept
Is this a good idea? Do we need this in the world?
3. Blockchain Purpose
DOES THIS NEED TO BE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN?
4. Social Media
Which social media are they on? Are they active? Do they have a large following?

Let me know what you think about my criteria!
uzitgc

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:32:48 AM

Personally I take my full time studying carefully the ICO project before investing. There r many steps to follow in order to evaluate such projects. U`ve to read their WP, check their team and see if they r real and experienced or not, seeing if the concept is really attractive, and also visiting their site and social media accounts to check their community.
wabashky

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:42:04 AM

A project must have a set road map about how it will take product and company to the visioned path and the most important factor for evaluating any ICO is to join their telegram community.
Crypto__Men

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:35:41 PM

With the help of this formula HYPE/RISK+RATING=$$$ to evaluate the use of this website https://icobench.com/. Sorry for my English, the essence can be conveyed wrong
Esteeteeh

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 02:18:23 PM

To evaluate a potential ICO project there a couple of things to consider,check the team composition,find out everything about the team, especially the development team and the advisory board.check their LinkedIn profiles. 
 Visit the project’s announcement (ANN) thread on BitcoinTalk.org,evaluate the stage of the project.Does it only have  a whitepaper? Also, when and how will their token be distributed.
HAI11

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:42:26 PM

because most of those projects wont really last long. They might be good on white paper or roadmaps but on total updates or developing the idea cant be sustained.
vanhuy

Activity: 328
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:07:57 PM

7 ICO project evaluation criteria
1. Business Idea
2. Team & Advisor: Structure & Experience
3. Prototype
4. Roadmap
5. Token Utility: How to use, Supply & Demand
6. Community & Strategic Partners
7. Conclusion
Also refer to the rotating project rotation issues
#first. Check domain (domain name) is registered by any company? Anonymous or not? When and how long?

#2. How to check traffic? Which country visits the most? Where does traffic come from?

# 3. Community participation in the project through other media channels such as Facebook, Twitter ... how many followers, how interested?
ekowkow

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

JUST HODL !

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:31:00 PM

When I am evaluating ICO project, what I usually do is:
1. Review the project Whitepaper
2. Content from ICO website
3. Experience and Expertise of Project Team members
4. Roadmap and future projects
5. Rating and Partner of the project

But when the 5 points above has a good value, does not guarantee the ICO project will be successful, we will not know the success of a project before the project runs, we can only predict it.
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:39:33 PM

Finding a potential ICO is one of the hardest things these days given the fact that maybe most of them are just trying to make money on people. Even you read whitepapers and ANN thread , some maybe too convincing to be a potential ICO. But there are some.glitches to it that you can find there. Better be smart and analyze it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
noxlord93

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 10:48:27 PM

it is necessary to understand that high risks just give this frenzied profit percentage! if everything was easy, then every second would do it)
kurniawan05

Activity: 1708
Merit: 13

KUWA.ai

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:16:49 PM

Try to check if they have real company, have working product and consumers. Check on ico reviews like icobench and icorating about the project.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    CHECK OUT KUWA    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
turenkopolina1992

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:31:17 PM

As I known, ICO is a kind of risky investment. Similar to the IPO which is the form of invite for capital investment, but when buying IPO, investors can research the information about the company they invested, find out about official finance reports and be protected by law when joining. In contrast, ICO projects are often rather ambiguous and unprotected by government so the risk is so high for investors.
So how to evaluate a potential ICO project, look forward to receiving comments from you  Smiley

I'm looking for suitable companies at exhibitions. At last one, I get acquainted with Luckchemy team. They have a strong team and there is a product in beta testing.  Everybody can try their games on the website

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1129

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:46:10 PM

Finding a potential ICO is one of the hardest things these days given the fact that maybe most of them are just trying to make money on people. Even you read whitepapers and ANN thread , some maybe too convincing to be a potential ICO. But there are some.glitches to it that you can find there. Better be smart and analyze it.
When we do talk evaluation of ICO or projects then this would probably the hardest thing.Why? We do keep asking on daily basis which project would be worthy to invest on and just basing on the numbers the most of us don't really have that researching capability because we are just lazy enough not to make appropriate research before investing or pulling out some money into your pocket.This is why most of us ended up on losing out funds rather than on gaining.

Jamboo30

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:17:44 PM

Evaluate the ICO project is very hard. I had sucessfully joined the Vechain, Cybermile which bring big profit for me. i will share my way for you: find on ANN bitcointalk: read the comment from members, find information about roadmap, dev team, whitepaper and compare with some project before, finally, check the website, the good project is always has the great website.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jaephoenix

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:25:44 PM

Look for icos with a great and active team, like Allstocks. Aldo those with an MVP
valeru.aver

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:50:09 PM

Check the project team, which projects they have already implemented, be sure to study the technical document and opinions about the project on the forum or on other sites.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: