Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:16:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to evaluate potential ICO projects?  (Read 1498 times)
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:42:34 AM

As I known, ICO is a kind of risky investment. Similar to the IPO which is the form of invite for capital investment, but when buying IPO, investors can research the information about the company they invested, find out about official finance reports and be protected by law when joining. In contrast, ICO projects are often rather ambiguous and unprotected by government so the risk is so high for investors.
So how to evaluate a potential ICO project, look forward to receiving comments from you  Smiley

IPO is more safe because company should comply with government regulation. We know that cryptocurrency still not regulate in many country and thats why we should make a research before join in some ICOs. Scam ICOs give bad perspective to people because its like a jungle and no law can touch it

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
learntonoob
Copper Member

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

FinanceX Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 08:47:24 AM

Today, when following any ICO, I always look for the transperancy of it. The more information they have, the more trusted they gain from their customers.

MrVuuu

Activity: 445
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:55:56 AM

evaluate the project is a very difficult process. Currently, I would say that it is even impossible. It is better to wait when the ico projects will be regulated by the state
kevingreen

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 09:32:34 AM

Those days where ICO isn't that popular than of today..your money surely flip up to 10x ROI. But it's hard for now, there are various new ICOs with promising whitepaper and roadmap, but only the investors will kill the price once they start to notice the inactivity of project. To evaluate good ICO is checking it's concept of project if it has integrated to any big existing company already.Also, check them to ICO review sites on which they are listed.

To invest in a good ICO you need to be experience in the cryptocurrency market, that experience will enable you to analyze the project you want to invest in. Things to look out any ICO you want to invest in are things like project roadmap, the white paper ,the website , what is the project all about does it have a working product that is to say what is the token/coin use for ?. And also look out the popularity of the project doe's it have reputable name or firms backing it. What's the soft cap and hard cap have it reach soft cap. These and many other factors need to be considered before investing in the project in fact there many good project to invest in. Take a look out sportsfx this ICO has already reach it soft cap and the token sales is starting on the 9th of Oct. =  https://www.sportsfix.io
nianastasia62

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:02:40 PM

Pay attention to the development team, professional performance evaluation, product, technology and marketing ! A good project should be different and stand out from all to be successful !

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
sergey1301

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 05:32:50 AM

Explore the website of the project. Study the white paper, Look at the bounty Manager, Explore social networks. Communicate with the administration of the project.
c_20

Activity: 133

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:20:34 AM

There are many factors in selecting a right ICO:

Team
Timeline
Media and Community
Code Samples
Regulation
Distribution
Purpose
White Paper
Global Potential
Circulating Supply

If an ICO has all the above mentioned Points then you can invest in the ICO.

‘List of ICO’ is the place to be in, if you are looking for a comprehensive guide to ICOs across the globe. You get the latest live token sale and ICO updates. The platform also supports you to launch your own ICOs, You can also read the latest articles and blogs on the website.

To know more: https://www.listofico.com/
ranggenga

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:58:48 AM

I'm not an investors, since i prefer to purchase coins that already present in the market.
But in order to choose a good ICO, I usually checking all their provided data thoroughly, making sure that the data is original.
Including the team behind that project, also any data that came from any 2rd party if possible.
FinanceX
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 08:31:54 AM

Check out this article to help choose the right ICO

The Evolution Of ICOs: What’s Changed?

https://medium.com/financex/the-evolution-of-icos-whats-changed-f3171201f7ff

ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:39:50 AM

Because of too many scam and shit projects still going on this days I personally think that evaluating a potential ICO is very hard even the documents are genuine and the team behind it is well organised we cannot be very confident that this projects will going well in the future there are so many team/developers that are very accomodating and kind in ICO stage and too good to be true but upon the completion of ICO they seldom released updates hard to reached or no updates at all.

amaterazu

Activity: 407
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:03:19 AM

Even though I haven't been to Cryptocurrency recently and still have little experience. But I am looking for a good project by checking first. Usually, I check through the website display and read a whitepaper. Then I checked the achievement of token sales. I have to look for sales of tokens that have achieved a soft stamp because that is very important.

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:05:43 AM

you should check the team behind the project. and check the advisors as well. if there are any known member or advisor announced or not. if not, it is really risky to invest in.
z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:14:28 PM

Pay attention to the development team, professional performance evaluation, product, technology and marketing ! A good project should be different and stand out from all to be successful !

There is no need for too much difference if an industry is getting attention from everyone. There will be a lot of companies and startups offering their solutions to change it. Similar to crypto, there will be many similar projects of desire in a market. However, it is different how it changes and how it changes
cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:43:55 PM

The most important thing is to read the whitepaper. Take some time to go into details and to read the docs. I would also recommend to check the team members and the community stats on twitter, facebook and telegram.

kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:53:26 PM

when I want to evaluate an Ico project the first thing I do is read the WP from the ICO project, then I compare it with a similar ICO project, if the WP that they have is the same as the ICo that I have, I tend to leave it. The second thing I did was see the team from the Iico project, if one of the Teams had a history of scams I also left it. so that's what I do in evaluating an ICO.
Stream41app

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:06:27 AM

One way you can evaluate an ICO project is by reading their whitepaper, checking the team behind it and it would be so much better if they can show you a minimum viable product. It's important that the team behind it has a good public track record and highly experienced as they will play an important role in managing the project.
copyfile

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:43:54 AM

Evaluation of the prospects of the project, it is quite a time-consuming process, which can be divided into several stages:
1. It is necessary to assess the prospect of the proposed business idea, as well as try to present its market conditions. It is important to study the project from the position of a specific market segment, taking into account trends and actions/achievements of direct competitors.
2. Then assess the prospect of a business idea, but from the standpoint of its blockchain. Here in the first place clarify the following:
how necessary is the blockchain, and if he brings his token is a real benefit; what problem is solved by the blockchain, because decentralisation is needed not everywhere; so whether you need your token to the project, and what his ecosystem.
If there are no obvious answers to these questions, it is likely that the project has no real value or is created to release another cryptocurrency just for the sake of cryptocurrency. There are a lot of such projects, because there is a demand for them and many novice investors act on a simple principle – buy everything you see.
3. At the final third stage, the development team and its environment – the main investors, advisors, managers-are considered. The analysis of the figures behind the project is a mandatory step in assessing the prospects of the ICO. Even if it is difficult to assess the usefulness of the idea, but the project is developed by well-known programmers and support figures from the crypto world who do not need advertising, the probability of success increases significantly.
missyqt29

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:00:11 AM

As I known, ICO is a kind of risky investment. Similar to the IPO which is the form of invite for capital investment, but when buying IPO, investors can research the information about the company they invested, find out about official finance reports and be protected by law when joining. In contrast, ICO projects are often rather ambiguous and unprotected by government so the risk is so high for investors.
So how to evaluate a potential ICO project, look forward to receiving comments from you  Smiley

At this moment, it is really hard to filter out the real project. My technique to know some is through looking at their telegram account and see how things go there. I observe it and decide whether or not I will invest my time in it.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:09:14 AM

you should check the team behind the project. and check the advisors as well. if there are any known member or advisor announced or not. if not, it is really risky to invest in.

not all the projects could afford good advisors so many of them invite unknown people but still remain quality ICO.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Prettymie

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:16:23 AM

Today, when following any ICO, I always look for the transperancy of it. The more information they have, the more trusted they gain from their customers.
Yes I agree with your statement. We need to scrutinize all available data they shared to us to determine if they are legit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: