Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:03:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to evaluate potential ICO projects?  (Read 1498 times)
volf22

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:21:42 AM

it is connected with the fact that ICO is connected with cryptocurrency, and she is specially made decentralized that the state didn't vlazit. As you see here both risk more and earnings.
choose according to rating on the known websites

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmitro853

Activity: 350
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:39:43 AM

I think, it is necessary to start to look at their idea, the project they want to implement. After you pay attention to the team
hieu5189

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:43:53 AM

Let's take, for example, the VLB project. I evaluated it first of all on the prospects of the idea, an informative whitepaper, clearly defined roadmap. Team is also important: blockchain platform is developed by QBT team (Qiwi blockchain technologies). This exact team was responsible for developing Masterchain.
A small software and hardcap (4 and 12 million dollars) increase the chances of successful implementation of the project. Here are the main criteria
Sergo Grigo

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:20:18 AM

Investing in ICO projects is a very big risk, because there is no proper regulation and investors are not protected by law in the case of fraudulent actions by ICO developers. Therefore, investors can only rely on the promises of ICO project leaders.
restia

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:24:24 AM

just look at how many of the coins that have been sold by the ICO does have already reached the target in the set. If yes, of course, ICO is so potentially the greater future.
Andrei_Workout

Activity: 770
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 01:34:56 PM

Let's take, for example, the VLB project. I evaluated it first of all on the prospects of the idea, an informative whitepaper, clearly defined roadmap. Team is also important: blockchain platform is developed by QBT team (Qiwi blockchain technologies). This exact team was responsible for developing Masterchain.
A small software and hardcap (4 and 12 million dollars) increase the chances of successful implementation of the project. Here are the main criteria
VLB should be quite possible.  the first attempt was last year, a little unsuccessful, worked on the errors and go to the second round, last time, everyone was offered to return the investment, or participate in the 2nd round of receiving bonuses, ie no deception did not try.

Twitter  - | -  Facebook  - | -  LinkeedIn     _____________   🎋 Bamboo - Insurance for Everyone   ____________    YouTube  - | -  Instagram  - | -  Bitcointalk
▀   Innovative, borderless and free health and medical insurance on blockchain.  
_______________________We're here to eradicate the health protection gap and empower people to feel better and live longer.  ______________________
Nikitavoz

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:00:42 AM

of course the first thing u should do is to look at the project's web platform and see who the participants r in the project. also u can ask a few advices on bitcointalk forum (or another media if u want) to see what people r thinking about it, which is what I do when evaluating an ICO project. And keep ur mind clear  throughout the evaluating an ICO project. GL!
efodix

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:27:10 AM

The best way is to understand the project need of the technology, the team's competence and see if they are good in ICO marketing also.
vipercps

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

The market of algorithmic crypto trading strategie

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 11:27:52 AM

I analyze the idea in the main context, then the white paper, team, quantity of tokens, market value

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████      
                █████████████████      
                 █████████████████      
                   █████████████████      
                    █████████████████      
                      █████████████████      
                       █████████████████      
                         █████████████████      
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
cergfalcone

Activity: 826
Merit: 105

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 06:21:19 PM

I analyze the idea in the main context, then the white paper, team, quantity of tokens, market value
дa нeплoxoй aнaлиз, нaдo пpикинyть чтoбы в cлyчaeт yдaчи пpoeктa, нe пoлyчилacь зaoблaчнaя cyммa. кoтopaя пo кaпe вxoдит в 1 дecяткy, тaк кaк этo мaлoвepoятнo.

Orionix        |│        The Future of Gaming Comission Free Games And Items Exchange
[   YOUTUBE   ]      [ AIRDROP ]      [    DISCORD    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Andrei_Workout

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 06:27:00 PM

you can certainly enter the last 2-3 weeks, in interesting projects, evaluating the possibilities, and looking at the fees, if they are reflected in the enterskan, but so many good projects will pass by, but a couple of these must be always have.

Twitter  - | -  Facebook  - | -  LinkeedIn     _____________   🎋 Bamboo - Insurance for Everyone   ____________    YouTube  - | -  Instagram  - | -  Bitcointalk
_______________________We're here to eradicate the health protection gap and empower people to feel better and live longer.  ______________________
BTRIC
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

BTRIC: Innovate. Institute. Labs.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 06:35:29 PM

So how to evaluate a potential ICO project, look forward to receiving comments from you  Smiley

First of all, don't risk more than you can lose.  ICO and ITOs are very speculative, and if you look at the statistics from last year, over half of them have already failed.

There really isn't currently much of an objective standard to evaluating ICOs, but in general, I suggest you look at them like you would any other investment.

In time, standards will come, but for now you have to be extremely careful and do research.  Also be aware that your legal recourse may be limited if you lose funds.  This is an emerging area of securities law in most places in the world.

Be very careful about marketing "hype".  The best projects may be hidden gems, and the projects hyped the most may be trash.  It's not always that way, but I've seen some pretty bad projects sell out their ICOs quickly while other projects that in my view had much better potential/plan struggled.

None of this is actual investment advice, and if you're really wanting an opinion, a qualified investment adviser is the best source of information (even though most know nothing about ICOs, there are some that do).

I personally believe in currencies that are multipurpose (like Bitcoin/Ethereum/Zcash/etc.) as opposed to limited purpose tokens, but I recognize that tokens are an important funding vehicle for great businesses.  I don't view currencies as investments though, I believe they're the same as dollars, euro, or yen, just going through the type of appreciation that is typical of a technology adoption curve.  At the same time, those fiat currencies are losing value through inflation, so it creates the "feel" of an investment.  But you could look at fiat currencies in the same way because of their relative value against other currencies changes.  But they are not investments, and eventually, I believe Bitcoin and other true cryptocurrencies will be treated as a currency as opposed to an investment.  That's not the case right now in the U.S. for tax purposes, but it's a goal I support and advocate for.

Best of luck with your ICOs, make sure to do research and once again, my personal (not investment advice), never risk more than you can afford to lose.

Best regards,
Ben

Andrei_Workout

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:20:06 AM

The best way is to understand the project need of the technology, the team's competence and see if they are good in ICO marketing also.
   to deeply understand the work of iso, you do not need to spend a day of time. And still 100% do not insure yourself against a possible scum, so in order to protect yourself from risks. Investors invest in several ways, thereby reducing risks.

rolanmoon

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:01:24 AM

You try to verify everything that is in the whitepaper. Then you see what partnerships they have and the background of their team. Another way is to narrow down your research from others' research work. We maintain a team of 10+ people conducting research on prospective ICOs daily and screen out bad projects.

Doing ICOs in the current bear market is more profitable especially if you are in ICOs during the private presale stage, i.e. you get in in the best price available in public - which means it is profitable for you whether you are in the project for the short term or the long term.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ICO POOLING GROUP OPEN
(500+ Members in TELEGRAM)
(400+ Members in DISCORD)

We provide a platform where our members are allowed to pool funds together to join ICOs in the private presale stage or join in the deals we made with ICOs where we negotiated bonuses/discounts comparable to ICO private presale levels. Members are encouraged to do their own research will have the freedom to choose whether to join in a particular deal we offer.

DETAILS OF OUR GROUP:

• We have a dedicated and committed team of 10+ ADMINS RESEARCHING on prospective ICOs daily - we also DO AMAs WITH ICO DEVELOPMENT TEAMS.

• We have a splendid TRACK RECORD - to date, we have an aggregate of 11 SUCCESSFUL POOLS and the track record will be AVAILABLE.

• Following the above, to date, we have raised an aggregate of 506 ETHERS from our previous deals.

• We have long-standing RELATIONSHIPS with some of the LEADING INFLUENCERS in this line of practice and we form PARTNERSHIPS from time to time in various deals.

• No joining cost and membership fee (we have pledged to our members that we will stay that way).

• Funds are sent in ether through PRIMABLOCK smart contract and tokens are distributed by the same platform.

• We only take a very reasonable fee of 2% - 3% for our deals to maintain continuing operations and for our time and effort put in securing the various deals for our members.

• We never cut your bonuses from the back end (e.g. where we secured a 50% bonus but only telling our members that we got 30%).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***LATEST ANNOUNCEMENT***:

• We are delighted to announce that in a short timeframe, we have SUCCESSFULLY SECURED 4 DEALS with 4 ICOs. After RUNNING A POLL WITHIN OUR GROUP regarding interests on the respective deals from our members, we are currently running a PLEDGE FORM for ONE OF THE ABOVE DEALS - AN INFRASTRUCTURE ICO FORMING HYPE; the deal will become live for contribution once there are 100 ETH PLEDGED.

• Please be informed to announce that the pledging stage for the very hyped ICO has passed and A POOL IS OPEN for a VERY HYPED ICO. Due to the TIGHT ALLOCATION, we are not having much allocation left.  proceed to our group via one of our links below to check out the deal that we are all VERY EXCITED ABOUT - please note that there are ONLY 5/100 ETH ALLOCATIONS LEFT.

• Following the above, please be informed that there are in total 2 ONGOING POOLS at the moment - in aggregate, we have a total of 11 SUCCESSFUL POOLS SENT; the track record will be available for our members in the group.

• We are excited to announce that the SECOND BATCH OF TOKENS has been FULLY RECEIVED and NOW DISTRIBUTING to our members who had joined in - we are very grateful for the amount of TRUST our early members gave us, and we pledge to continue to bring more exciting deals to our loyal members.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By clicking any of the invite links below and thereby joining any of the channels ran by any members of the Shark's Capital team, I hereby agree not to disclose any contents contained therein outside of the respective discord/telegram/telegram announcement group and/or channel, as the case may be, in any manner to any third parties. I fully acknowledge and understand that breaching this agreement may lead to, inter alia, legal liability, and I hereby agree to be held fully responsible for the breach. Shark's capital team retains full and absolute right to bring an action against any persons breaching the above agreement.

Any persons interested in joining us and participate in our private presale deals, please see the following links:

Discord: https://discord.gg/vFr3NPm

Telegram pooling group: https://t.me/joinchat/Crr1mVM_aemcVCC9tBNdEw

Telegram announcement channel: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAE3rzgPWRJ3k1_OyCw

Happy hunting:)

SHARK'S CAPITAL TEAM
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:34:32 AM

beside that we can analize from who are endorse that project, for the excample sether ico, this project endorse by john mcafee, so this ico result can be reaching hardcap before ico time ended
TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 04:51:22 PM

it is really difficult to do this, there are a lot of fraudulent ICO and choose yourself very hard, you need to look at project partners and team members.

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
Max.junior1

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:14:22 AM

As I known, ICO is a kind of risky investment. Similar to the IPO which is the form of invite for capital investment, but when buying IPO, investors can research the information about the company they invested, find out about official finance reports and be protected by law when joining. In contrast, ICO projects are often rather ambiguous and unprotected by government so the risk is so high for investors.
So how to evaluate a potential ICO project, look forward to receiving comments from you  Smiley
Actually, there are many ways to know ICO scams. One of them is by looking at who the manager is, then looking at the company profile, the white paper and the team involved in the company.
BTRIC
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

BTRIC: Innovate. Institute. Labs.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 05:11:01 PM

As I known, ICO is a kind of risky investment. Similar to the IPO which is the form of invite for capital investment, but when buying IPO, investors can research the information about the company they invested, find out about official finance reports and be protected by law when joining. In contrast, ICO projects are often rather ambiguous and unprotected by government so the risk is so high for investors.
Actually, there are many ways to know ICO scams. One of them is by looking at who the manager is, then looking at the company profile, the white paper and the team involved in the company.

These are a good start, but a true evaluation of ICO/ITOs and other crypto businesses should also evaluate legal, technical, logistical, security, and some other areas.  I envision a public standard, differing in some ways for different type of entities (cryptocurrency, tokens, exchanges including decentralized, etc.), but based on the same key criteria that I listed.

Best regards,
Ben

nata2904

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:21:08 PM

Before I evaluate the ICO project, the first thing I do is look at the project's website and see which of the project participants. And an irreplaceable thing is to find out about the bitcointalk forum to find out what people are saying about this project.
the_viper

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:24:00 AM

It really comes down to how much risk you're prepared to place on your shoulders.  Some ICOs are in fact real brick and mortar building business who are using blockchain to expand their horizons (a good example is the recent Restart Energy ICO), while other ICO have a team of people involved who you can readily google to see they are real people.  On the other hand, there are many shady/suspect/anonymous ICOs that pose a far greater risk for your money.  Of course, nothing is guaranteed, just like regular finance offerings.  You just have to do your research and then commit to what you believe in.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: