Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:23:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Merit Point System???
Happy
Chill As Usual
Not Happy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Feel About This New System??  (Read 2853 times)
IsuruMaduranga

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

Block chain enthusiast

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:12:36 PM

I am a newbie and i am not a spammer..  Sad Sad  I always try to help people with my current cryptocurrency knowledge.. But it is very hard to get merits  Undecided Undecided  I want only two more to be a junior member. I am disappointed about merit system.. Yes you should ban or limit spammers but not in this way   Undecided Undecided Undecided

☆ FLUX ☆
GAMING ECOSYSTEM
17 - 24 April Public Sale

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
athanz88 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:28:01 PM

I am a newbie and i am not a spammer..  Sad Sad  I always try to help people with my current cryptocurrency knowledge.. But it is very hard to get merits  Undecided Undecided  I want only two more to be a junior member. I am disappointed about merit system.. Yes you should ban or limit spammers but not in this way   Undecided Undecided Undecided

Keep going on the good work and the merits will come to you. It is only 1 week since the system was implemented, so give it a time. In the span time, you need to learn much more, learn English, and other things needed.
If you want to gain merits, you can also try it here, it is a thread which has lists of thread that giving out merits if you do some good post. Hope you can achieve it.

Meanwhile, I already got 100 votes. I will make some infographic and data concluded from this thread. So I am locking the poll for now. Thanks guys !
IsuruMaduranga

Block chain enthusiast

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:33:21 PM

I am a newbie and i am not a spammer..  Sad Sad  I always try to help people with my current cryptocurrency knowledge.. But it is very hard to get merits  Undecided Undecided  I want only two more to be a junior member. I am disappointed about merit system.. Yes you should ban or limit spammers but not in this way   Undecided Undecided Undecided

I had miss understood the merit system and thought ranks are increased based only on merit now.. But i came to know both activity and merit  matters.

☆ FLUX ☆
GAMING ECOSYSTEM
IsuruMaduranga

Block chain enthusiast

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:39:40 PM

Keep going on the good work and the merits will come to you. It is only 1 week since the system was implemented, so give it a time. In the span time, you need to learn much more, learn English, and other things needed.
If you want to gain merits, you can also try it here, it is a thread which has lists of thread that giving out merits if you do some good post. Hope you can achieve it.

Meanwhile, I already got 100 votes. I will make some infographic and data concluded from this thread. So I am locking the poll for now. Thanks guys !

Thank you for the advice  Smiley Smiley Smiley I'll keep up the good work and see what happens  Smiley Smiley Smiley

☆ FLUX ☆
GAMING ECOSYSTEM
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:08:34 PM

Merit system is very useful to reduce spammers
But the current merit system is not clear, because it is only suitable for people who know each other, they benefit each other
Many good writings are not rewarded
If I can propose, the merit system, should be direct from the moderator
al1n

Activity: 154
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:24:18 PM

Merit system is very useful to reduce spammers
But the current merit system is not clear, because it is only suitable for people who know each other, they benefit each other
Many good writings are not rewarded
If I can propose, the merit system, should be direct from the moderator

My thought exactly. If you are on your own (not in a group) the chances for your post to get any merit are close to 0.
If you are in a group (of friends, acquaintances etc) then you will get merit points for most of your posts, regardless of their usefulness.
If you have a horde of clones ... well ... then it is even easier Cheesy.

However i don't think a moderator can do this job alone. There are simply too many posts.
WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:00:52 PM

I am new here but i think i have come to this forum at a right time. A new system is being in place and i hope it will be easy for me to achieve all the higher ranks if i just focus on one thing which is Quality posting and forget about everything.

i guess it is hard for a newbie specially those jr member to rank up  because people will not be able to rank up unless someone will give them a merit that they need most , and i guess if someone dont know a person they dont give a merit to him even that person is a quality poster .

Wrong. Newbies become Juniors with no need of merits. And Juniors need only 10 merits (versus 60 activity) to become Members. The problem begins with Members who need 100 merits (versus 120 activity) to become Full Members, and escalates with Full members ho need 250 merits (versus 240 activity) to become senior Members, and so on. Since it is easier to rise your activity than your merits, the whole ranking up process will be considerably slowed down. Which probably is not such a bad thing, especially as the bad posters will never rank up at all, so in the whole the landscape of the forum should improve in time.
MJK_Anfaenger

Activity: 196
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 09:57:41 PM

I think the new system is alright. I mean I see the point. I'm new to this forum and even I noticed the two-line posts in broken English some users spam all over the place for the sake of getting their activity count up or because of ICOs. I hope it reduces the amount of pointless chatter and encourages people to put some thought into their posts. That being said it's definitely true that it's exponentially harder for new users to get merit than for established users but I suspect there's little else you can do to separate the wheat from the chaff.
davidmike04

Activity: 163
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 12:12:20 AM

I really dislike this new system, because who really determines a shitpost? what might be a shitpost to one person might not be the same to another, i was more comfortable with the banning of accounts when a user spams the forum, This merit system to me is flawed really, no offence Moderator. But is there no better way to go about dealing with spammers than this new merit system?
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:05:42 AM

I think the new system is alright. I mean I see the point. I'm new to this forum and even I noticed the two-line posts in broken English some users spam all over the place for the sake of getting their activity count up or because of ICOs. I hope it reduces the amount of pointless chatter and encourages people to put some thought into their posts. That being said it's definitely true that it's exponentially harder for new users to get merit than for established users but I suspect there's little else you can do to separate the wheat from the chaff.
At some point in my observation that the quality of posts is getting better. Yes we are all for getting merit, this is great for improving the quality of chat in forums. In the short term this all looks good and we are currently just waiting for what happens in the long term going forward. I'm sure this will have a major impact on the understanding of bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
samsuarst

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 02:44:35 AM

Hello People of Bitcointalk Forum. Greetings, my name is athanz88.

With the implementation of new system called "Merit Point System" today, there are lot of emotions going around the forum right now, especially in the meta section.

You can find about it more at :

As I'm not going to discuss about it here (because the discussion is happening on the thread i mentioned at the upper line), I want to propose a poll to a simple question, which is

How Do You Feel About The Merit Point System???

What I'm asking here is only your emotion about this new system (for the poll) and 1 line of your best reason why do you feel that way. Without any discussion in this thread.
I made this poll because it is good to know the statistic for new system as it can be used to do many things. You know, data, and the main thing is because there is no poll in the original thread.

So, please kindly do this polling.

Best regards, athanz88.

P.S : this poll and the statistic gathered is only for a demographic data and will not be used as a tool to object/deny the new implemented system. In fact, im happy with this new system. If this is wrong, please just kindly tell me to delete or lock this topic, and dont bash me Sad

Sistem baru sistem yang banyak di diskusikan banyak hal dalam meningkatkan peringkat ke jenjang selanjutnya, agar lebih jeli lagi dalam kualitas posting..
lukyanli

Activity: 40
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:17:14 AM

I am very new to this forum so I cannot say much about the new change. I think with time everyone will get used to this new system.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 07:23:23 AM

OP guess I owe you an apology, turns out that your work is decent even if your way of gathering the data needs some work..

So I am sorry for jumping the gun and assuming the worst, but it seems you are the exception to the rule.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:29:18 AM

I don't care about activity points, ranks, or these new merits points to be honest. I don't limit my judgment on the quality of a member on these artificially created merits. All that matters to me is the quality of your posts.
athanz88 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:55:17 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 10:27:09 AM by athanz88

OP guess I owe you an apology, turns out that your work is decent even if your way of gathering the data needs some work..

So I am sorry for jumping the gun and assuming the worst, but it seems you are the exception to the rule.

Thanks TMAN, it is okay, i didnt take anything from what you ve said before, if i did, maybe i wont gather this data. I just want to look about this merit point from the perspective of the user's feeling. Just want to see how they feel about it in the early and how they feel about it later after a few months. So later i can make some conclusion again for the future.

And maybe you can invite your friends to look at the statistic and give comment or suggestion.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:57:55 PM

Merit system is good but gaining merit for higher rank is not justified. Because most of us not only learn every thing about crypto from Bitcointalk also learn what to write and how to write about crypto from Bitcointalk. Now we are thinking the new comers will come on Bitcointalk after learn everything about crypto and must write high quality post.
This is not justified for newcomers. There is already provision on Bitcointalk for deleting irrelevant and spam post and block the member after some warning.
Merit system is good but linking for higher rank is not justified.
athanz88 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:34:37 PM

Merit system is good but gaining merit for higher rank is not justified. Because most of us not only learn every thing about crypto from Bitcointalk also learn what to write and how to write about crypto from Bitcointalk. Now we are thinking the new comers will come on Bitcointalk after learn everything about crypto and must write high quality post.
This is not justified for newcomers. There is already provision on Bitcointalk for deleting irrelevant and spam post and block the member after some warning.
Merit system is good but linking for higher rank is not justified.

Well from my data which i gathered from this thread, there are some low rank members ( newbie, jr. member, and member) that is happy with merit system and not afraid to compete with others. If some of them (57%) can say they are happy, then i guess they wont leave the forum, but unfortunately some other (43%) do not happy about them and there is a chance that they will leave the forum. But when the system running properly, i guess they wont even talk about it in the future how they trash this system in the early time of the implementation.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 07:13:03 PM
Merited by owlcatz (1)

Feel free to comment about it guys !

Most people seem to be ignoring the main and positive purpose of the merit system:  It gives appreciation and encouragement to good posters.

The whiners are exactly the ones who should go away.

Signed,

A user who ranked up from Jr. Member to Member on 30 January, and thus started with zero merit.

athanz88 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:55:11 AM

Feel free to comment about it guys !

Most people seem to be ignoring the main and positive purpose of the merit system:  It gives appreciation and encouragement to good posters.

The whiners are exactly the ones who should go away.

Signed,

A user who ranked up from Jr. Member to Member on 30 January, and thus started with zero merit.

Yeah, and most of them people is at the "low member ranks" category according to the statistic i gathered. But Some of it (57%, 16 people i count on this thread) are happy with the system because they agree with the system which can make a better forum and encourage good posters.
There is a better option for the whiners rather than leaving, which is to realize that this is the good system and should be embraced by him/her and start learning and doing something good for the better oh him/her.

By the way, congratz man, 187 merits wow, thats a good achievement.
Skuylaruy

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:27:54 AM

Yup, don't like it, so now you depend on other people to rank up on this forum, that's just not fair.
You could post 100 quality posts and not to receive single merit, and you could post 1 shitpost and get 100 merits.
So yea, it's not really thought through system, and therefore not fair at all...

Its unfair!but for the sake of promoting quality posting and provide order for the future campaign i agreed..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: