Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:29:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MERIT - A DEFINITION OF, RICH PEOPLE BECOME RICHER, POOR PEOPLE MAINTAIN POOR  (Read 2630 times)
Durr_1412 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:08:53 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 07:52:08 PM by Durr_1412
Merited by Patatas (2), Baltazaar (2), legendster (1), 2girls (1), SportbetMaster (1), long8899 (1)

I don't agree with this system.

You are creating the definition of "Rich people maintain rich, poor people will be poor forever."

sMerit trading's even happening now in Chinese and Russian local, and does it support my theory, all high rank level now they can sell their Merit to earn money and I saw a Cooper Member from another page support this => Rich maintain rich.

Merit is created for anti-shitposter not for trading and how does it go?
It's ridiculous because right now, at this moment, many high rank level member created their own topic in Meta to give away sMerit for those who reply or report their posts. What is that about? We post and we have to report with you (you are not a dev) to ask for sMerit. How about the other members if they don't report?
Rich people scare of the others to replace their place or make profit more than them. They want to take everything under their control.

I guess in the near future, new members or even one-year members must pay for their post to get merited.
Who will get the most benefit from this Merit system? I don't have to reply this question, we all know the answer.

Example: if you was in bitcointalk forum a few years ago, you posted a lot of under-quality posts and you earned Legendary Rank, so it is unfair with new people joining this forum now.

Another one, the high rank level member is not everywhere in this forum. Even a quality post's made and got a lot of positive replies from another member, if none of them read your post, you won't receive any sMerit so your level will keep maintaining low.

And a lot of projects need bitcointalk rank level such as bitsend airdrop (need Legendary rank), so it is much harder if this new system running.

If you are trying creating a block and keep your high rank level people safety, you are successful. Congrat to devs.

And I lose my faith in this forum. I will still read and post in this forum but not in supporting anymore.

Currently, Merit system has been questioned a lots. Group of people, they will cheat by giving their team member, partner, friends their own Merit score, even their posts are spam posts. How are you gonna control that devs?

If a new forum created and quality much better than you, I will go a new place.

Good luck with your Merit score and congratulation to those who reached Legendary rank one more time (by now, they will get the most benefit of all thing in this crypto-world).

Before you create thing devs, can we make a vote in all member of this forum?

And if you decide create this such of thing, can you also create a new ranking level, which is higher than Legendary rank, and Legendary people must work to earn that level?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:12:43 PM
Merited by monbux (2), minersday (2), The Sceptical Chymist (1), DeathAngel (1), ranochigo (1)

You're essentially complaining that you have to make high-quality posts in order to participate in signature campaigns.
If you want to talk about unfair, think about the Hero Members that have created high-quality posts in the past yet are now bummed out of Legendary status because they're 500 merits away.

If you want to point out the Legendary members with shitty posts then I would recommend you to do so. Otherwise, sufficient action cannot be taken against them.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:14:04 PM

Example: if you was in bitcointalk forum a few years ago, you posted a lot of under-quality posts and you earned Legendary Rank, so it is unfair with new people joining this forum now.
Equivalent example: If something was legal 10 years ago, and now it is not, it is unfair to all the new people that *might want to do it* now. Roll Eyes

And a lot of projects need bitcointalk rank level such as bitsend airdrop (need Legendary rank), so it is much harder if this new system running.
That's the whole point.

And I lose my faith in this forum. I will still read and post in this forum but not in supporting anymore.
No argument.

You won't be missed.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Durr_1412 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:17:24 PM

TWO LEGENDARY come saying.

I love this, Rich people now defending.

I hope listen to more, and look forward how Newbee say.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:20:16 PM

At first, it seems to be unfair. However, just think and observe at the forum. Most of the posts were just senseless and obviously were just meant to do the required weekly posts or just to boost ranks. I really think the main aim of this forum is for crypto users to learn, share ideas and at the same time to earn (airdrop or camps.) Of course, I wouldn't wash my hands because at first I was just trying to post for the same reason, however, as I stayed longer, it's obviously not worth reading some of the posts and would be a waste of time reading some of the threads because of most users abuse lax community rules and regulations. I admit it too, that the new system  will be difficult for us to achieve higher rank, but take it a good way to learn and to work harder.
Durr_1412 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:22:52 PM

You're essentially complaining that you have to make high-quality posts in order to participate in signature campaigns.
If you want to talk about unfair, think about the Hero Members that have created high-quality posts in the past yet are now bummed out of Legendary status because they're 500 merits away.

If you want to point out the Legendary members with shitty posts then I would recommend you to do so. Otherwise, sufficient action cannot be taken against them.

I am protecting Hero Member too.

The rank I saying in this TOPIC is your rank "LEGENDARY" in specific.

You got 952 Activity, maybe feeling yourself, "how lucky I am, I got this rank before this merit sh* come out"
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:23:00 PM
Merited by minifrij (1)

I love this, Rich people now defending.

If you're starting to see huge sociological consequences and create "Rich maintain Rich" theories, following some internet forum rule, it will be better for your mental health to, indeed, get out of the forum.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:23:37 PM

I'm not a legendary, am I allowed to agree with them?

Woohoo one of them is me
You've got 24 hours Wink

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:24:15 PM

Rich people now defending.

Actually Im just few activity away to be legendary and now Im stuck at 500 merit  Tongue. No complain from me  ( I guess Im not classified as the 'rich' one ? )

bummed out of Legendary status because they're 500 merits away.

Woohoo one of them is me

I'm not a legendary, am I allowed to agree with them?

No you are not Smiley), you are classified as the 'rich people' Tongue

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:25:59 PM
Merited by Wowcoin (5), Vod (2), minersday (2)

If you are still reading & posting, what "support" are you stopping exactly?  
Your "support" to campaign managers, bounties, etc. is not "supporting" this forum, it's supporting your greed, and advertisers and/or ICO scammers.

Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:27:26 PM

You got 952 Activity, maybe feeling yourself, "how lucky I am, I got this rank before this merit sh* come out"

It's a new system to avoid people from posting nonsense in the forum. Just imagine there are people here that joined, just to be part of twitter, facebook, airdrop and so on, and just posting reports and application forms. This forum was built for people to share and gather information from one to another. What substance will you get from people posting "that's cool", " a great project", "joined airdrop", etc.
Durr_1412 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:29:28 PM

At first, it seems to be unfair. However, just think and observe at the forum. Most of the posts were just senseless and obviously were just meant to do the required weekly posts or just to boost ranks. I really think the main aim of this forum is for crypto users to learn, share ideas and at the same time to earn (airdrop or camps.) Of course, I wouldn't wash my hands because at first I was just trying to post for the same reason, however, as I stayed longer, it's obviously not worth reading some of the posts and would be a waste of time reading some of the threads because of most users abuse lax community rules and regulations. I admit it too, that the new system  will be difficult for us to achieve higher rank, but take it a good way to learn and to work harder.

I agree with you in part of not worth reading some spam.

However, if devs want to create such as Merit thing, THEY SHOULD INVENT ONE MORE LEVEL HIGHER THAN LEGENDARY. So everyone work for that. In this topic, "Do you think those Legendary people feel comfortable, free, happy and lucky about this merit score come out?"
gopaljiverma

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:29:53 PM
Merited by owlcatz (1), npredtorch (1)

I am a poor as per your standards and I also think that the concept favors old members. But it is the decision of admin and we as members do not have any control over it.
Durr_1412 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:32:45 PM

It's a new system to avoid people from posting nonsense in the forum. Just imagine there are people here that joined, just to be part of twitter, facebook, airdrop and so on, and just posting reports and application forms. This forum was built for people to share and gather information from one to another. What substance will you get from people posting "that's cool", " a great project", "joined airdrop", etc.

I agree with that, if devs create new system, then create a new level system too.

Do you know who get the most benefit now?

And those Legendary may be not have to work hard on this forum at all. So should devs create one system, if those who miss this forum in a certain time, lower their level then.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:33:28 PM

Now I wonder who that can be? Smiley

What I am seeing is that people still seems to consider Bitcoin as a form of employment, and Bitcoin Talk as an employment bureau and a recruitment medium. It would be great if we could go back to discussing the Bitcoin system, and the way we can use, optimise and expand it. For example it would be really useful if the escrow possibilities were explored, and gained public acceptance.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:33:41 PM
Merited by adzino (1)

However, if devs want to create such as Merit thing, THEY SHOULD INVENT ONE MORE LEVEL HIGHER THAN LEGENDARY. So everyone work for that. In this topic, "Do you think those Legendary people feel comfortable, free, happy and lucky about this merit score come out?"
This was discussed quite a while ago, and I think that theymos said he was open to the idea when enough people turn Legendary. Perhaps you should properly propose that idea, I'd be happy to join in.
Durr_1412 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:34:24 PM

I am a poor as per your standards and I also think that the concept favors old members. But it is the decision of admin and we as members do not have any control over it.

Yup that's why we have to stand up and say our opinion. They are a lead, but not mean anything without us.

We can leave this if it become so unfair.
Durr_1412 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:39:58 PM

What I am seeing is that people still seems to consider Bitcoin as a form of employment, and Bitcoin Talk as an employment bureau and a recruitment medium. It would be great if we could go back to discussing the Bitcoin system, and the way we can use, optimise and expand it. For example it would be really useful if the escrow possibilities were explored, and gained public acceptance.

I love this idea.

Make a vote for any new system coming.

Don't act like a COMMUNIST country, president give the law and people only can follow without any right for agree or disagree.

In this case, you are pretty the same, BITCOINTALK DEVS.
DarkStar_alt

Activity: 174
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:45:10 PM

I love this idea.

Make a vote for any new system coming.

Don't act like a COMMUNIST country, president give the law and people only can follow without any right for agree or disagree.

In this case, you are pretty the same, BITCOINTALK DEVS.

Dude, it's a discussion forum, where one can easily choose to not participate in. Don't like it? There's the subreddit, bitcoingarden, etc.

I'm a Full Member - can I agree that it's a good system?  Tongue

DO NOT Trade with this account - it is less secure than my normal account
For any inquires, I'd prefer if you PMed my normal account (DarkStar_) for a faster response.
Durr_1412 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:45:53 PM

There's no correlation between amount of merit with poor/rich. For member with high rank, it's their reward for join in this forum earlier, just like early investor who got advantage.
Also, main goal of this forum is to discuss Bitcoin (and altcoin), not join project which require high rank.

If you're looking for another cryptocurrency, r/bitcoin and r/cryptocurrency are perfect place from you as long as you avoid controversial or bait topics.

One more Legendary show up and defending.

So you mean American is still British because you are one of them too. Why would you be United States.

My friends and I laughing so hard, "it's their reward for join in this forum earlier, just like early investor who got advantage."

What did you invest?

The only thing you did is you joined this forum at early that I don't deny.

Do you think a lot of people in this world, this moment may be their first time to hear about Bitcoin, crypto-currency. If they know such as thing exist, they may join sooner than you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: