Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:50:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People might sell they're merit points.  (Read 1851 times)
edsnow2017

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:14:49 AM

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.what do you think?they buy it or not?because anyone who had merit points can be transfer to other people or sell them to other people.
Yeah,I think that too. Newbies that have a new account has a merit in which some of then are selling their merit to earn money. I think if this will spread all over in this site, I think they must be banned or what so ever.

but i will be hard to find them right
minthit

Activity: 327
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:21:24 AM

I think it's just some users testing how the merit system works. Come one, man. What can you do with just one merit? Some might not even know that it exists. Let's wait for at least a month to know how it will turn out.
nikenv2212

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:24:37 AM

Until now I do not understand what indicator is used to give value at "merit" point. does merit value affect the fast or not to go up rank? .. where can i get info on this merit?
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:26:44 AM

With the latest update here in the forum a lot of things might happen it's possible that some people or a lot of people sell their merit points and i think it will be unfair to those who cannot afford it but i think we will adopt to it just give it some time and see what might happens it always work that way aight.

SergiuHD

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 10:27:46 AM

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.what do you think?they buy it or not?because anyone who had merit points can be transfer to other people or sell them to other people.

I guess if peopole start selling it they are going to get some bad trust from Lauda. So, it's highly unlikely.

Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:35:32 AM

You did not consider that a person might be a newbie here but not in cryptoworld. Also, newcomers might have a different and smart perspective.
Dont get your point tho, Merit system implemented to lessen shitposters and shitspammers out there. And even though its hard to get merit, it will be a challenge to us to post sensible post so that others will merit us.

I guess if peopole start selling it they are going to get some bad trust from Lauda. So, it's highly unlikely.

If people start selling merit admin will do counter measure about it. Because admin in this forum is not a dumb we all know that he already consider that issue before implementing this kind of system
mysacrifice

Activity: 364
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:45:15 AM

Yeah,I think that too. Newbies that have a new account has a merit in which some of then are selling their merit to earn money. I think if this will spread all over in this site, I think they must be banned or what so ever.

but i will be hard to find them right

It will be hard for sure but from another point there will probably be some random controls by admins to see how the system works (I hope). By that they can discover abusive people and kick them out of here.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:55:13 AM

Or possibly, that newbie you saw that has merit points had been given a merit from its main account. That could be one of the reason why this merit system is implemented to catch these account farmers. But there are also newbies that contribute a lot of information too in this forum, and sometimes these newbies are investors or people that have been trading and just discovered this forum.
jekzy (OP)

Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 11:18:47 AM

some people might scam other members here.
Argoo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 228

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:34:55 PM

Im newbie here and I saw merits.. I dont understand it.. I even research in google but I couldnt find any answer..
Hi you can read about merit here in this forum.theres a lot of information that you can read about merit.This is a new way  to protect the forum against spamming..You need to get a merit points to be able to go on a higher rank.

I personally think that the new changes with the merit points practically made it impossible or at least very slow further advancement on the ranks. Nobody, until now, in practice, did not consider how long a full member might become senior. Previously, it took about four months of activity on the forum. Now for this you need to collect 150 points of merit. It is unlikely that any person in four months will gain 150 merits, even if he will write quality messages. That is, in fact, innovations slowed down the movement of ranks. I do not think that's right.
        And about the sale of points of merit, then, most likely, they will vseravno be sold. because there will be no other way out in this forum. Earn them will be almost impossible. If they very actively check people for what they sent others points of merit, then people will be afraid to send them to others, so as not to cause suspicion. No, I do not like this innovation.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
jekzy (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 08:32:11 AM

Merit added to the forum which is in my thinking is a great move by admin Theymos, but what about those guys who have multiple accounts already here they can easily create a new account and give merit to it? What about them and it will be unfair to that person who will just come here to learn and read the queries about Bitcoin will get no rank?

However, I am in the side of Merit. I like that idea personally.

Do u have any idea that they trace who's selling merit points?
Oasisman

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 11:20:59 AM

Even if someone is selling or buying merit points, it could be easily identified, it could be very obvious and can easily be suspected when someone is collecting unbelievable number of merits with a mediocre and generic posts. And also the name or names (if there are multiple merit sources) who gives merit will suspiciously appears in every posts of the buyer.
Dont feel bad about the new system, these changes are implemented to restore the sense of interactivity in the community.
blackberry862

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

Solaris & ZeroCoin & txbit.io exchange ! Go !!!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:22:39 PM

Even if someone is selling or buying merit points, it could be easily identified, it could be very obvious and can easily be suspected when someone is collecting unbelievable number of merits with a mediocre and generic posts. And also the name or names (if there are multiple merit sources) who gives merit will suspiciously appears in every posts of the buyer.
Dont feel bad about the new system, these changes are implemented to restore the sense of interactivity in the community.
I don't see any problem with meriting for newbies if their posts are high-qualitied. That is original purpose of merit system, right? Merit system gives them motivation and might help them to be matured faster over time.
Angensupoet

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:34:30 PM

does newbie need merits to rank up !? I don't think so, if I'm not wrong.
Why do they buy merits ? I guess they don't read the rules properly. and
who would sell merits ? Legends ? Hero ? Senior ? I don't understand if they would like to sell merits for some bugs. they have been here that long and still needs some bugs ? if they does, what have they done in that long time in this forum ?

I'm not fool enough to suspect those old members would sell Merits, I suspect multiple accounts do this.
Let's be positive, no need to be panic, coz all will be fine..  Grin Wink Lips sealed
liivii

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:47:50 PM

does newbie need merits to rank up !? I don't think so, if I'm not wrong.
Why do they buy merits ? I guess they don't read the rules properly. and
who would sell merits ? Legends ? Hero ? Senior ? I don't understand if they would like to sell merits for some bugs. they have been here that long and still needs some bugs ? if they does, what have they done in that long time in this forum ?

I'm not fool enough to suspect those old members would sell Merits, I suspect multiple accounts do this.
Let's be positive, no need to be panic, coz all will be fine..  Grin Wink Lips sealed

As a newbie you don't need merits to rank up but after you become a jr. member that's the time you need to have merits, 10 merits is good enough in order to become a member. And the higher your rank is the higher smerits you'll have. And I don't think an old and valued high ranked members would sell their smerits because their name and reputation are the ones that will be affected by that move. We all know that it's hard to get a higher rank, you need time and effort in order to have that so its a nonsense idea to destroy your name for just some money.

So lets just enjoy whatever happens and remove all the bad vibes because we all know that they implemented it for us to have a better life here in the forum.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2352
Merit: 837

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 03:31:53 PM

Merit added to the forum which is in my thinking is a great move by admin Theymos, but what about those guys who have multiple accounts already here they can easily create a new account and give merit to it? What about them and it will be unfair to that person who will just come here to learn and read the queries about Bitcoin will get no rank?

However, I am in the side of Merit. I like that idea personally.

Do u have any idea that they trace who's selling merit points?
There you go. Is it what you wanted to have?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2823221.0

Someone has made it for us.
Photographer

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:31:25 PM

For me merit points are okay. Because it will say if your post is really worth and has a value. I just recognize actually the merit earlier then explained to me. And now i know that merit can sell. If merit can sell is really unfair because many newbie will buy merit to rank up and it is unfair to the higher ranks that really hard to climb to their current rank. Unless the merit can sell in the same price of bitcoin Hahahaha

So not only bitcoin, but also we can sell-buy merit here, right? So, now we can get 2 reward: coin & merit.
Merit is ok because about quality post, but if merit can be sold it's not useful

It is forbidden to sell it. If you only had read a few posts before you would know that. This is really what I would call shitposting.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:17:00 AM

Until now I do not understand what indicator is used to give value at "merit" point. does merit value affect the fast or not to go up rank? .. where can i get info on this merit?

It does not affect how fast you rank up. You just need to amass certain merit to "level up". 10 for Member, 100 for Full member etc. If you write genuine posts and be helpful all around, your merit will rise naturally. Trying to cheat with merit can be hard, since sendable merit occurs only when someone spends merit and you only get half of merit you received as a spendable merit, so farming with bots won't be a solution.
drngocct

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:11:37 AM

~
They can do that out of the forum. No one can trace evidence of their merit trades. However, suspicious donated merits can be discovered easily in the forum. There are admin, moderators, los of legendaries, heroes, who eagerly to report those bad behaviours. Then their accounts will be put under radar, high risks of banning (might be permanent ones).
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:18:43 AM

I have heard that local boards are full of suggestions about merit's selling or buying. I did not see it myself, but saw couple links in the similar thread about merit's abusing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: