Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:26:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People might sell they're merit points.  (Read 1839 times)
Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:07:54 PM

So I think this merit mechanism is unfair, because it would allow those legendary or heroic users to profit from the merit mechanisms, and not to upgrade those who can not afford it.
Yeah I think its not good, maybe those who are selling their merit should banned automatically or maybe have some warning. Buying merit is not good, merit should need to work hard before you can get it. Moderators should do something about this.

Work Hard? The system is not fair. I can guarantee that we will see situations where a mediocre post could get  many merits than  long useful posts. It only favor higher ranks because they will get less competitors on bounties.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:31:20 PM

This merit mechanism is still under test, and we should not make that explicit because it helps us to have more quality posts than just those that make no sense. Of course, we can also make suggestions, after all, this is only in the testing process.
Though how useful and long is your post but there is no assurance that people seeing these might give you any merits. No wonder that any member in these forum might sell nor they will buy merits for the seek of ranking up. I know it's not a good thing to happen and certainly MOD's are already aware on theses. Though this test may stick too long or it will change someday.  
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:38:35 PM

I don't see any problems with people selling their merit points. Because if you're gonna sell your merit points in exchange of money it would reflect your behavior in this forum. It's just the person's reference if he wants to get that money or have merit points.

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:48:36 PM

Im newbie here and I saw merits.. I dont understand it.. I even research in google but I couldnt find any answer..
Merit is a new feature added to this forum. Before merit, in order to upgrade to the next rank you needed to reach some fixed amount of activity by posting on forum. You could earn a maximum of 14 activity points based on your posting within 2 weeks. Now you will need to have merit points along with activity points.
Since you are newbie read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:49:13 PM

So I think this merit mechanism is unfair, because it would allow those legendary or heroic users to profit from the merit mechanisms, and not to upgrade those who can not afford it.

I'm definitely coming from the opposite perspective here, as being here on these forums for a while and finally reaching a high ranking. However, I don't think this system is particularly unfair. Those who have merit will not be selling it; hero and legendary members at this point in time know better than to sell their merit. Even if it is being sold, it ends up being pretty obvious because all you need to do is look at the suspects posts and who merited them.

There's nothing about affording here; merit is not a form of money. It's (I guess) just another way of protecting the forum from spammers who are just trying to get into sig campaigns.

Very well said, The merit system is to protect this forum from those shit poster who are posting non sense and spreading shit comments like "Thank you" "Looking forward" "Good luck" and anything like this. The mods and other staffs with authority are working so hard to clean this forum from those people specially those farmers who uses multi accounts on the forum to farm from bounties.
lusa

Activity: 109
Merit: 5

hodl

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:51:19 PM

With all those shitty tokens around I am sure someone will create a merit coin. Algo POS. Legendary accounts can have masternodes. ICO will be soon.
KevinHD

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:53:42 PM

I've been on the forum for months yet this Merit system doesn't being a disadvantage at all. Well in reality, if you are urged enough to make money (and having an account to this forum does make you earn alot), you'll just somehow join a signature campaign that does not even checks the real quality of its participant's posts. It will took time for them to manage each and every participants ending up checking only number not the real quality. This Merit system changed alot positive in forum due to moderators who gave our merits now. Some users who posts shits and no quality nor connection to the topic at all do gained negative trust and some doesnt gained any merits at all leaving them not to rank up. Think of merits as a tip. Although some sell those, then just continue your quality posts and prove them you can earn merits without buying some at all.
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:01:58 PM

Personally this merit system is good for this forum site to avoid member to spamming this forum and allow it to create a high quality post job well done for the admin of this forum site but the problem that I see in this ranking system if you have a lot of account you can send a merit to your self or maybe you can sell your merit points to other. But over all rating this new rules is good for long time member and sad for newbie xD
kingragnar

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:07:45 PM

merit system it might get abused by users friends you see what's happening right now in this merit system especially account farmer in this forum newbie  has a merit point right now Without difficulty and it is now profitable that there are really ways people are now just to earn money. I think it's easy to abuse this system. I just think it
burdagol12345

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:10:11 PM

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.what do you think?they buy it or not?because anyone who had merit points can be transfer to other people or sell them to other people.

In my own opinion this merit is done or maked  for the common good of entire community in bitcointalk,to improve and challenge all our capabilities in terms of expressing our own thought about the digital currency,but sometimes this merit must used to take advantage to our human kind for extortion or scamming by selling this merit to gain money or cryptocurrency to our co bitcoiners,and this is the things that they dont want to happen to this community in bitcoin talk because they maintain the dignity and honor of this forum site that should not be stain by some deceiver or scammer.
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:20:52 PM

We can see the statistics of merit that we send and receive. If we see a suspicious thing I think we can judge it, like an example if that member gets merit of a post which is not good a quality we should be suspicious of it, and DT member will give red trust.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
DMC_Ken

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:25:16 PM

other people said, that the merit is the way to ranked up again, because my uncle is a bitcoiner too and he said that i need 250 merit so i can become hero member and so if I can't get some 250 merit my rank will stay in sr. member.
Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:26:38 PM

I think that merit use to know how long someone join in bitcoin. Who joining bitcoin for a long time, he will get many more coins. I think it is fair situation Smiley
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:31:52 PM
Merited by PX-Z (3)

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.

Yes this might be the problem within the new system,others who have a higher rank would simply send their merits to their alt accounts.

what do you think?they buy it or not?.

I think there might be a possibilities that some users sold their smerit by sending personal message to others or to someone they know.Or there are users that knows each other personaly and request to send merits.This is indeed an advantage with the new system.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:33:30 PM

I think there are still some problems with merit.

But there is no doubt that its presence is good for Bitcointalk.

The merit system is still a bit unreasonable, and may be it is possible to get some merit when the online time increase, so I think it's fair for everyone, whether it's newbie or Hero user.

But it can still sanction shitposter, because they don't waste a lot of time reading new posts and responding to new posts.

Krispin47

Activity: 212

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:47:39 PM

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.what do you think?they buy it or not?because anyone who had merit points can be transfer to other people or sell them to other people.
A lot of changes happen in this forum lately due to some issues of shit posting of some people here. It was a good idea to clean this forum so that it would really function on its purpose which is to become a real 'forum.' I've seen lately the +merit button and read about it. Merit now is more valuable than just the number of activities or post.
shi07

Activity: 122
Merit: 15

Long Live BTC

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:11:48 PM
Merited by PX-Z (3)

I think this merit system will teach all the bitcoiners to be patient in posting to reach the target merit to rankup.Its one way to all bitcoiners to be active , make constructive comments and improve our knowledge and thought about bitcoin  to be able to earned more if we rankup. But on the other part it is possible to sell merit to other bitcoiner who is willing to pay to rankup without knowing it.
dhrazzen

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:28:25 PM

In my own opinion miret will teach the bitcoiners to be more careful in posting on the thread. Miret also used to see if you are active on your post and it is a way too rank up into full member. Be responsible enough as a Bitcoiner to avoid being ban.
kueyen

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:34:36 PM

I don't see any problems with people selling their merit points. Because if you're gonna sell your merit points in exchange of money it would reflect your behavior in this forum. It's just the person's reference if he wants to get that money or have merit points.

This would be the exact opposite of what the admins intended with the merit system, no? As far as I understand, the intention was for people to put more effort in their posts because they wouldn't get any merit points otherwise. But if you can sell your merit points, then it means that accounts posting empty post after empty post might have a high merit score, meaning we are back where we started.

Other than that, there is no incentive for users to give merit, so I don't see how this system is going to function in the long run.

yaniman

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:35:50 PM

I think the invitation system may be better than merit. New people like me on bitcointalk forum have no chance to get high ranks with this new system. Old members are lucky because they made high quality posts when we were not here ! I should learn how to make high quality posts to get merits from members Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: