Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:32:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People might sell they're merit points.  (Read 1841 times)
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:06:29 PM
Merited by copoyes (1)

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.what do you think?they buy it or not?because anyone who had merit points can be transfer to other people or sell them to other people.
The only unfair thing about merits in m opinion is making it a requiremnt to ranking up, there are plenty of poeple who are constanly posting some productive posts and people don't give them merit, so they don't rank up as fast as others, while people with multiple accounts who are always spamming the forum could abuse this system and get into campaigns and rank up before those who actually stick to the rules.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
copoyes

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 05:17:08 PM

if there is buying and selling merit very in pity once
we all must know the purpose of this merit system what
which I know merit system that works apart from to raise the rank but also works for us to learn
make a meaningful sentence and there is contents let no spamer
this is also a challenge to increase rank well if anyone buys
back to the person just buy meri in order to pursue anything other than rank
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:19:16 PM

So I think this merit mechanism is unfair, because it would allow those legendary or heroic users to profit from the merit mechanisms, and not to upgrade those who can not afford it.

I'm definitely coming from the opposite perspective here, as being here on these forums for a while and finally reaching a high ranking. However, I don't think this system is particularly unfair. Those who have merit will not be selling it; hero and legendary members at this point in time know better than to sell their merit. Even if it is being sold, it ends up being pretty obvious because all you need to do is look at the suspects posts and who merited them.

There's nothing about affording here; merit is not a form of money. It's (I guess) just another way of protecting the forum from spammers who are just trying to get into sig campaigns.

I agree with player514. He has been in this forum longer than I have and based on what I've observed for the past months that I've been part of this forum, a lot of people here would just post for the sake of reaching their quota for a signature campaign. People would just write anything to reach the limit they are required of. I am pretty sure the high ranking members in this forum are well aware and knows better when it comes to constructive posting. So I guess you just can't simply fool them into giving you a merit just because they have the power to do so. I know they will give it to those who are deserving because I feel that they have also experienced different hardships in reaching their rank.

As per the newbie who got the merit points, maybe he does truly deserve it for he posted something constructive, cohesive, and helpful to this forum. If he is not truly deserving of it, then there may be a lot of possibilities on why he got one. If he gained it through illegal means, I'm pretty sure he will get a punishment for it sooner or later but right now what really matters is that we take this situation as an opportunity for all of us to learn and truly be helpful in this forum by being constructive.
synapsisxxx

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Decentralization shall be the end of the Old World

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:58:14 PM

I have no beef against this new merit system, but the funny thing I noted is that this system smells of centralization in a forum that is supposed to be the backbone of decentralization  Tongue

As said previously, spammers can always manipulate with multiple accounts and buy merits and what not as opposed to guys who are in crypto for good.
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:54:37 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 12:21:16 AM by Siopao

This forum is being cleaned so that this can really serve as a bitcoin forum, with less or zero non sense posts. With that, I think the merit system come from. I hope this works and won't be abused.
Photographer

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:58:07 AM

To sell your sMerit points is the most stupid thing you could do. First of all, you are likely to get caught and tagged with red negative trust. Second, you would likely sell it for peanuts, very cheap, so basically you would end up compromising your high ranking account for basically nothing.
I guess this is called natural selection.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:05:27 AM

I think they cannot buy it and for those greedy person who want to rank up immediately the moderators implement merit to make us improve in our posting in forum.They want us to learn and study well about crypto currency and other thing that can helps us in the future.
bitcoinskyrocket09

Activity: 239

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:34:51 AM

So I think this merit mechanism is unfair, because it would allow those legendary or heroic users to profit from the merit mechanisms, and not to upgrade those who can not afford it.
I think selling your merit points to the other are wrong because it will giving you a red negative trust when you are getting caught by the moderator. Buying a merit points is cheating for those who.wants to rank up immediately. Merit points is like a commend in dota 2 you will gain it by posting a better answer in this bitcoin forum but when you post a low quality will will not have any merit points. And I think merit points system are good as of now.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:05:43 AM

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.what do you think?they buy it or not?because anyone who had merit points can be transfer to other people or sell them to other people.
The only unfair thing about merits in m opinion is making it a requiremnt to ranking up, there are plenty of poeple who are constanly posting some productive posts and people don't give them merit, so they don't rank up as fast as others, while people with multiple accounts who are always spamming the forum could abuse this system and get into campaigns and rank up before those who actually stick to the rules.

You are right this might be one of the cases here. They might not sell their merit points but they might create a new account and rank that account up faster than those who stick to the rules. Using that earned merits for another account and the cycle goes on. As you can see, you can earn Merits by sending them to one another (.5 merit per 1 merit sent). By this, one can become a Merit miner (like bitcoin) and still use multiple accounts.
SteinsGate

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:14:36 AM

I do not think that selling is the point here. The point of having merit points is if you had made quality posts right? Then if that newbie for example have made several quality posts and a merit source saw its value then he or she deserves to have merit. You do not need to get bad thoughts in these, nor speculate about the newbie cheating. Let us just respect each and everybody who works hard to get themselves a rank up.

▮█    KRYLL    ▮█
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
Token sale start on Feb 7, 2018 (https://kryll.io/)
simonbakla02

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:23:53 AM

Before bitcoin is so easy to conquer because that merit points system is still not existing before. But right now merit points existed, yes because of this system I can say that bitcoin is being more strict than the past. Because our rank depends right now on how many our merits are. Before the basis is how many our activities. So I can say that this merit points is a very important for us users right now, and we tend to buy or trade in order for us to rank up in this forum. Yes, I can call others that they're taking advantage to us in bitcoin who are new users. But yes they will sell this in a higher price and we, we will still buy merit for our own good.
Akorharrison

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:33:03 AM

Before bitcoin is so easy to conquer because that merit points system is still not existing before. But right now merit points existed, yes because of this system I can say that bitcoin is being more strict than the past. Because our rank depends right now on how many our merits are. Before the basis is how many our activities. So I can say that this merit points is a very important for us users right now, and we tend to buy or trade in order for us to rank up in this forum. Yes, I can call others that they're taking advantage to us in bitcoin who are new users. But yes they will sell this in a higher price and we, we will still buy merit for our own good.

And very soon in any bounty program they will requests for our merit counts mostly in signature campaign...  I don't know what selling of merit wil yield to them.
Tambu

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 02:41:46 AM

Merits are prerogatives of the members/readers. Quality post doen’t guarantee a merit.  There are lots of no quality post here got a merit. Besides majority of sMembers have a merits don’t bother to give you a merit unless he/she is your friend. sMerit should not be limited to the members have merits it should be for all, it should be fairly distributed so that everyone can give merits according to their judgement.

MONARCH  |  THE COMPLETE CRYPTO SOLUTION  |  Private Sale is LIVE!
▬▬  "Be your own KING"  |  PRE-SALE: JUNE 15, 2018  ▬▬▬▬▬
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:48:15 AM

It is a given scenario and anybody knows that sMerits can be sold to those who wanted to ranked up just a scenario where one wanted to buy a high rank account. I have already read the thread of the administrator and with the idea of making someone a "Merit Source", that someone might abuse it and only sell the merit that he has because he can actually create new merit out of nothing.

letecia012

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:56:23 AM

Though we are not generalized but it seems your thoughts may be true in some situation if other sold their account there is no doubt that others would  sell their merit to earn some coins. We cannot control others decision just to earn for living. and selling merit is not far to happen
paoeng1

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:07:39 AM

I think you cant sell your merit. Because for me merit can give you by the founder of the bitcoin. 
rh72

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 03:13:06 AM

it's a good way for cleaning spammer. But, it is so difficult for the low level of member to upgrade the level  Huh
ShiroThe5th

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:13:44 AM

For me merit points are okay. Because it will say if your post is really worth and has a value. I just recognize actually the merit earlier then explained to me. And now i know that merit can sell. If merit can sell is really unfair because many newbie will buy merit to rank up and it is unfair to the higher ranks that really hard to climb to their current rank. Unless the merit can sell in the same price of bitcoin Hahahaha
TravelBlock

Activity: 65
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:19:30 AM
Merited by avilsd (1)

People will always try to sell whatever they can get their hands on, however seeing this update is an interesting one. I guess the increasing amount of interest and members has caused some concern, this was a route to try out and here we are. Will it work? We'll bear witness. But change comes slowly after all.
rh72

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 03:26:07 AM

For me merit points are okay. Because it will say if your post is really worth and has a value. I just recognize actually the merit earlier then explained to me. And now i know that merit can sell. If merit can sell is really unfair because many newbie will buy merit to rank up and it is unfair to the higher ranks that really hard to climb to their current rank. Unless the merit can sell in the same price of bitcoin Hahahaha

So not only bitcoin, but also we can sell-buy merit here, right? So, now we can get 2 reward: coin & merit.
Merit is ok because about quality post, but if merit can be sold it's not useful
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: