Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:04:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People might sell they're merit points.  (Read 1841 times)
dalesotpi

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:36:37 PM

Let us not jump the gun.. As many said, merit system is on it' early stages and still under testing. Also this will help put posts back on track rather than just nonsense and unrelated off topic posts.
I believe this is a good implementation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:36:53 PM

Yeah this is a wonderful idea. Sig campaigns will no longer accept people that just shitpost without reading the thread. I think there should be an option to decrease merits of someone as well. If they're spamming or just posting nonsense, people should have the ability to decrease their merits so they get punished.

Great way to combat spam.

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:40:55 PM

We have no control over this things. It is the sender's choice. If all merits will be PAYED (could be by cash, coins or by merit also), not EARNED, then let us expect a more toxic community here where people send merits to each other just because they get something in return.

wklt2002

Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:44:17 PM

Just because he was a newbie doesn't mean he can't have any merit points. If he wrote a good quality post and people find the post good they can give him merit. It would only be an indicator if it was a shitpost that didn't add anything to the topic, that would be fishy.

I think that merit use to know how long someone join in bitcoin. Who joining bitcoin for a long time, he will get many more coins. I think it is fair situation Smiley
If the post looked something like the quoted post above, he probably bought that merit.
Ganerch

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:45:27 PM

I went to my profile because I was ranked up full member and I saw the merit point system, just wandering what is this all about and how can we send some merits to others and how do we gain merits? Where is this based on? Hope to find answer because Im really curious about this matter.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:46:21 PM

I think this 'merit is very important to assess the quality of someone's post,dont try to sell it I think it will not be good with the account.Dont even cheat like that to gain more profit,we must together build this forum to become better by following the rules of admin.This must have been considered strongly to assess anyone who can make a strong contribution at this forum.

Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:48:33 PM

This one is uncontrollable, since ranking up is more difficult to do, and this was done to avoid account farming, people might sell their smerit so that they can earn money and at the same time people buying smerit will be able to rank up. This is unavoidable, so I guess admins in the forum will find ways to avoid or atlease lessen or if not lessen improve the ranking system.

Forgot to point out, merit system was implemented to improve quality posts, not to make it more difficult for us to rank up.
LinAliza

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:53:50 PM

merits are born to keep the accounts of people who received some red trusts by people who are greedy for money they just gave you some red trust and saying that your posts are shit posts or grabbled english mostly their victims are from the Philippines.
bonusdeposit

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:59:26 PM

merit is a very real setback for this forum.
very difficult now to rise ranking. if need merit even if the activity has been reached.

I think the big advantage for users with hero or legendary status.
they can benefit from the merit without doing anything.
very unfair I guess.

but they argue, this is a real step to clear the forum from spam, as well as poor quality posts.
but as a member of the forum, I can only follow the rules of the moderators in this forum.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:59:41 PM

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.what do you think?they buy it or not?because anyone who had merit points can be transfer to other people or sell them to other people.

I do not know about what merit is.  I just noticed it about this week and do not know what it is for.  I would not sell any of my merits because it just show my effort and perseverance.  Itnos likey token for working hard.
Bitcoin_Delivery

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:01:06 PM

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.what do you think?they buy it or not?because anyone who had merit points can be transfer to other people or sell them to other people.
It's useless . because any merits now we can see who the giver. and this could potentially get RedTrust for the merit giver. we better learn to make a useful word
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:02:07 PM

Yes they do, and they've be able to grant those merits to anyone, but I don't think it may affect the system - the merit system. Since the sMerits suppose to decay overtime, I mean you can grant them but it will going to have no effect if you're not that active. I'm not sure if there is some time limit to it but the point is, its not worth buying in case they would sell it.

Sure you're going to have its benefit at that time but, the system is absolute, that's the very meaning why the Merit System has been implemented to prevent people on having farmed accounts, or not being active in the forum, and much even better, helping these people to make constructive posts, meaning anti-spamming.
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:04:04 PM

Just because he was a newbie doesn't mean he can't have any merit points. If he wrote a good quality post and people find the post good they can give him merit.

But why? Why should any user give anyone merit? Do they earn something if they give merit? It's not like reddit where merited posts appear above others, it's not changing anyone's forum experience at all.

The scarcity of merit aside, as long as you can't create incentives for users to give merit, this system cannot work.

nikjain422

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:05:09 PM

It could very well happen if the earnings and the selection in campaigns becomes on the basis of merit.I like this new concept but should have the limitation.This merit concept should be there for peoples to understand where they stand in terms of quality of there post.I know every campaign manager would want there candidates to post quality but that should be judged by the manager itself or the hero members and the trustworthy should only have the rights to give merit points if that is going to be the prime reason for the selection.Every new concept is only good if it is fair for everybody.
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:07:29 PM

I do not know about what merit is.  I just noticed it about this week and do not know what it is for.  I would not sell any of my merits because it just show my effort and perseverance.  Itnos likey token for working hard.

you see, giving (or selling) merits doesn't lower your merit count. You simply can give away merit only if you gain merit yourself, but you don't give away your merit.

Speaking to the point, I understand why it was introduced. I was also seeing a lot of garbage posts and threads created just to repeat the same sentence all over again by different Newbies in hundreds of thread pages. It was disheartening.

However I don't understand and don't support the merit acquired automatically by high ranking members and above. It is not that their posts were pure gold, you see. I saw Members and above posting garbage. If anything, there should be something like a clear start for everybody. You see, if you change the rules - they should be changed for everybody. As things are now, the rules were changed only for new users and I think (or feel) it is unfair.

thrylos

Activity: 146

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:07:38 PM

This is not created for selling and for making an unfair decision to all members, actually it could be helpful for building a great reputation here for each individual through posting with quality. Maybe those newbies are posted a quality post which is very helpful so recieving merit from someone is their worth. Every possible negative thoughts now will remain as an invalid due to the lack of evidences because this merit is a new implementation from theymos, so I think better to watch and see the results than providing a confusion assumption.
GC2263

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:17:46 PM

Honestly i hv been in this forum only a couple of days. I hv been reading post and reply only if i hv my own opinion to the thread. Whether its constructive or a good post, it depends if anyone reads it or think its worth a good merit point. Unfortunately i havent got a single merit point even i only hv 1 single account, not picking opinion-piece which have been posted, nor pick it from somewhere in the internet. But does that means my opinion is not constructive or merely a spam? Its pretty subjective to measure.

Anyway good luck with the merit system, i'm learning things even without being legendary or hero member. I'm just trying to be part of the forum
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:54:10 PM

I don't have any merit to sell but I will lease my forum name for 10btc a month
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:55:40 PM

I don't have any merit to sell but I will lease my forum name for 10btc a month

Ha I just saw I do have merit I don't even know what it does and why would I be concerned about it. Either read what I say or don't, it's all good
Kasliono

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:05:31 PM

In my opinion, Merit points is not really fair, as you can see, when we have many friends who have merit points, we can ask their merit points to send it to our account, may be some one else will sell it and we can buy it too. So based on the case you have been faced, I think that the newbie account which has a merit points got the points from his/her friends.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: