Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:57:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can one be a good neighbor?  (Read 972 times)
mylifeisorandom

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:29:20 AM

Being a good neighbor means thinking about their welfare and thinking of ways you canbe of help to them. Examples are helping them clean their yard or space once in a while, having a meaningful conversation or just saying "Hello" and sometimes bringing them food when there's a celebration going on.
tinyblue

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:41:37 AM

I think the best way is by not being annoying and loud. Not played loud music for example. Don't give them such reasons to resent you.
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:12:46 AM

I learned that Being on bad terms with your neighbour can make your life frustrating, day after day. But taking the time to establish good terms with your neighbours has numerous benefits. The community will be friendlier, the neighbourhood safer, and the area a nicer and more comfortable place to live.
So I took my time to look at this,  what I did the first time I moved into my new apartment.

1. I make sure I introduce myself in a friendly manner to my neighbors.
2. I tried to know their lifestyle and how how we can communicate freely.
3. Limit myself from been extremely close to them. Knowing how and when to discuss about a particular topic in the society.
This really help me keep my integrity till now.
I keep building a good neighborhood and society with them.

Respect begets respect. You can earn it if you give it to them. You can also start by befriending them genuinely and also dont be a nuisance to your neighbors otherwise they would despise you.
Legone

Activity: 135

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:20:23 AM

Be friendly of them, help them on your environmental problems for  improvement.
millenniumcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:23:05 AM

I think sharing is part of good neighborhood. When you share with your neighbor, you become closer and you will be appreciateed and respected.
aleenoe335

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:38:44 AM

A person can be regarded as a good neighbor is mutual respect and mutual respect between one neighbor and the other and also maintain each other's security as well as harmony in the local environment
drwmhr

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:30:53 AM

The golden rule says, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," (the most popular version of the golden room) and that is what we need to apply in order for us to become a good neighbor.  To be a good neighbor does not require being with them most of the time or bond to them often, but it is spreading good deeds and nice acts to your neighbors even in simple ways. You do not need to give them presents nor treat them like in a feast. You just have to exemplify goodness. Just like for example, you can help them as much as you can without expecting the same in return. Being concern is also one way. Let them be informed by something new and useful and not making gossip. And most importatly, know your limits. You have your freedom to 'advice' but you do not have the right to step on beyond that. Respect them as much as you want to be respected.
playful69

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:37:53 AM

share and help your neighbor when possible, if you see your neighbor struggling with a package, offer to help them. if you see that they do not have a mower, offer to let them use yours for a bit. we've almost gone past the days of borrowing sugar, but there are many ways to support your neighbor.
AyaYotoko

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:01:01 AM

I think the ultimate goal to live with neighbor's  is to live in peace and harmony, and even though that’s not always possible, you can at least do whatever it takes to prevent hostilities and long-lasting hard feelings. Observe and respect your neighbor’s personal space. Try not to borrow anything, but if you must, return the item immediately after using it. If you break the item, pay to fix it or replace it. And last don’t be the neighborhood gossip. That’s just rude and will eventually come back to bite you.
ingemar4949

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:25:27 AM

Good neighbors are those who respecting the privacy of the owner, no telling bad stuffs behind their back .
Sometime i do believe good neighbors should share their time with you but i think it's depending on the culture of each country and it could be bad if you're doing that .
Bardane

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:50:18 AM

1.Welcome your new neighbours. You don't need to make tons of them, you just need to have a little friendly conversation with them.
2.Maintain the exterior of your house so that you can't be blamed for anything. Moreover, it will be much more pleasant for you to have a well maintained garden.
3.Pay attention to noises that may disturb your neighbours. For example, follow legal hours and days to pass your lawnmower.
4.Try to finish your holidays at reasonable times. If you are planning an important party, tell your neighbours.
5.If you decide to borrow things from your neighbours, always return them quickly and in pristine condition. Moreover, it is important that you are not the only one to borrow, that it is a kind of exchange.
6.If you have accidentally damaged something belonging to your neighbour, replace it or reimburse it.
7.Respect your neighbour's privacy
Boldcom

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:01:07 AM

to be a good neighbor, one must respect the other. respect others and others will respect you back. do not be bitter. everyone can be a good neighbor.
YaNinaMurmansk

Activity: 171

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:59:39 AM

good neighbor, this is a friendly neighbor. he respects himself and his neighbors. can help and help out in a difficult moment.
Goethe

Activity: 99
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:06:18 PM

I think the best way for to be good neighbor is not be loud and try to build a friendly relationship,but ,honestly, often the others neighbor does not have respect for me.I disagree with the neighbors that have two faces,because i am clear and honest neighbor and i would like know that the others neighbors respect me ,but is an illusion.Unfortunately i believe too much in a nice neighbor ,then i discovers that they had only fake face.I cannot believe and that make me so sad.
Natetan1004

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:07:39 PM

I learned that Being on bad terms with your neighbour can make your life frustrating, day after day. But taking the time to establish good terms with your neighbours has numerous benefits. The community will be friendlier, the neighbourhood safer, and the area a nicer and more comfortable place to live.
So I took my time to look at this,  what I did the first time I moved into my new apartment.

3. Limit myself from been extremely close to them. Knowing how and when to discuss about a particular topic in the society.

Even in the bible, God commanded us to love our neighbor as yourself. This is how important to set good terms with your neighbor. To become a good neighbor you need to treat them as your extended family. Inviting them to our special celebration like birthday. Giving them favors like looking after their house when they are away on vacation. This simple gesture have overall impact to the neighbor to neighbor relationship.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:02:23 PM

Not just being a good neighbor, but a good person os to be considerate to other people's feelings. It is a golden rule in dealing with others. If you consider other people's comforts without being a doormat to others, this behavior goes back to you and would be more understanding of others. I still believe in what yhe good book says, be a servant to others, expecting not a reward in this world but because it is out of the goodness of your heart and an overflow of God's grace in you.

isaacobot

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:53:13 PM

just be good in every possible way
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:23:17 PM

There are various ways to be a good neighbor first is threat them better have a welcome something like that , or introduce yourself to a formal way , and then ask the rules and regulation so there will no be a fight or an argue. And last but not the least is the respect on each other , as a neighbor and a new neighbor respect is the most or the "must" , respect each other , to have love and peace.
cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:59:57 PM

I find my neighbors just super. I only hear them leaving for work in the morning and coming back in the evening. That's all. No single sound or complaint for the sounds from my appartment. Really, these are the neighbors of my dream!
ellapurity

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:07:41 PM

You can be a good neighbor if you love and care for your neighbor,  help them in their difficulties and always be good to your neighbor's. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: