Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:15:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The lack of financial education  (Read 2783 times)
amaydel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:17:11 PM

I think the best way to educate the youth is to include cryptocurrencies in all curriculum in colleges and universities worldwide. It will be an interesting subject for those who really wants to learn and earn. And for those who are close-minded, the subject will always be boring and non interesting.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:24:45 PM

Its still depends on a person's perspective in life. People learn from.their experiece. Maybe financial education is also important because we are using all financial aspect in our life but as people also have their talent in doing financial analytics through their wit. They are smart enough on how they will use their money because afterall they have to do it in the right way all else they will left nothing. Its people decision whether they will want to be gain more knowledge through study or through the usual way.
Don't blame all people who did not finished of their studies because of financial problem. But more of them are intelligent they know how to find a jobs, and also strategic people.
People often have a misconception about financial education - they think it's only for financiers. In fact, everyone should have the skills to manage their personal finances simply because the quality of their lives is directly dependent on that.
Yes, managing the daily finances is a very important work which will help a person to grow this economy and also his lifestyle. And students should get a proper knowledge of the financial difficulties they can face in life and how they can tackle it.

This will surely increase the economic rate of the country and also the lifestyle of the people living in the country. Financial education is very important to create a financially stable life.
miradorme

Activity: 148
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:36:17 PM

The lack of financial education in general is a worrying problem. We teach students about literature, maths, science, ... and we tell them that those are the things they need to know in life. Yet usually, the largest single expense they will have on their lives is a house, and that normally comes with a mortgage. Yet, only a few schools will tell them what should they be expecting, the risks and the consequences of such a contract.

Bitcoin and alts is another case in which people are carefully kept in ignorance by the governments and lobbies.

What can we do to make more people interested in economy and finance and to better educate the youth so that they don´t get ripped-off?
Some of people in this world are not finished their studies. Because of financial problems. But how to help them, I think the government need an action. Because all young ages need future.
heleng05

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:53:26 PM

Yes lack of financial education is a big deal even here iny country most of people are required to go to school but other students like schooling they want they own way of earning it by exposing themselves in what they want and that's how a person sometimes don't have a education attainment that completed in their life but some of them sometimes get successful of they are doing or what is his dream of for his life that's why you can't judge a person by what he want in his/her life.

wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:31:53 PM

I can say that whether you have small or large income and you have lack of financial education  your financial status will end up negative. In our life today and the future we must be financially educated in order to come up with good financial management with gain and avoid losses.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
burnchan

Activity: 240

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:14:17 PM

As for the financial attitude of a person are sometimes depends on how they were raised by their parents, some parents are making their children like the prodigal. Spoiled brats are mostly getting old without any financial plan for their selves and just making the decision for a day. Money comes, money goes.
They were not taught to plan their future as they were raised buying their wants everytime they like something they get it.
Parents are the foundation of what the children will be, school is just guiding the children, and making the foundation stronger.
At some point parents have a big obligation for their child, they should teach children the right way not just giving what they can afford to give to their children. Some parents may think that we have the money and I wanted to everything to my children but we should not act like that, we have to be at least not tolerating them, life is tough so while young teach them.

I agree on this financial education should start  home. The parents are the best teacher to their children on how to appreciate the value of money. This is through by providing what is needed over what they wanted. I was once trained by my parents on how to spend a one week budget for school. It was tough though but in the long run, I learn how to save.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:28:23 PM

Financial education could be a huge help to those who has problems financially. Financial help should be available everywhere because money is always circulating around and we are using money in exchange of something else. Being financial intelligent would be a huge help to a countries economy because we would know on what important things we should be only using money.
Celine Ariola

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:42:26 PM

Financial literacy is important. It must be taught and discussed with people, specially the youth so that knowledge will be passed on for a long time. A way to reach more people, specifically the youth is through social media.

Our world is now dominated with technology. Through innovative minds, communicating with other people becomes easy through social media. You will be able to reach many people through posting on sites and using online classrooms.
Aladdin-Sane-83

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:44:41 PM

In a world as globalized as ours, I truly believe that financial and a basic economical education is crucial. This is for 2 reasons in my opinion. First it is more needed to be self employed in many parts of the world in order to be your own master in life. Secondly there is hardly any job or situation in life where you are not confronted with economical decisions.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:46:42 PM

Modern financial education based on the laws of the Fiat economy. We see the trend to the rising popularity of cryptocurrency. So I think that financial education will not help you in the world of cryptocurrency. People will gain experience in practice and their mistakes. In many countries intervention in the economy government makes it completely unpredictable. Even with financial education.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:03:53 PM

The lack of financial education in general is a worrying problem. We teach students about literature, maths, science, ... and we tell them that those are the things they need to know in life. Yet usually, the largest single expense they will have on their lives is a house, and that normally comes with a mortgage. Yet, only a few schools will tell them what should they be expecting, the risks and the consequences of such a contract.

Bitcoin and alts is another case in which people are carefully kept in ignorance by the governments and lobbies.

What can we do to make more people interested in economy and finance and to better educate the youth so that they don´t get ripped-off?

Indeed it is a problem.  Man people are not financially educated that is why many are broke.  Many have a job and yet they have debts.  Only few invest and some have savings.  I am one of those people before.  Now I know the importance of money, I will not comeback to that.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:18:54 PM

Well sadly, the things that matter a lot to a person's life isn't givem much attention academically. That's why people don't seem to have enough knowledge on how to manage their money. I think it's time be become practical with our monetary system and start early in instilling financial education to people.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Feuerbach

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:13:24 PM

I think that it is necessary to increase the financial literacy of people, starting from a small age. Encourage self-education in such areas. A good motivation may be achievements in this direction
Chandria3

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:05:14 PM

The lack of financial education is now a big problem of government especially in the Philippines. It is because of the corruption within the government itself because of the politicians, the projects that are on-going, non-educational program and many more. But education is an important aspect of life that's why government should focus on this because education is what only can save the country and even world. Education is limited only into academe but not in what you what to learn in life.
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:26:05 PM

In my country a minimal amount of financial education topics is being imputed into curriculum ranging from business studies to economics and other related. But what need to be done is publicity on social media and mass media and this is being done in my country.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:00:48 PM

I think the best way to educate the youth is to include cryptocurrencies in all curriculum in colleges and universities worldwide. It will be an interesting subject for those who really wants to learn and earn. And for those who are close-minded, the subject will always be boring and non interesting.
Cryptocurrencies can only become the part of curriculum at any level of education only when the governments of different countries declare it as a legal currency and they realize the importance of crypto currencies from making their country economically strong. Financial education no doubt carries a very significant importance and all of the youngsters must have a fair idea about it before going into the practical life.
bitsticker

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:14:49 PM

honestly i ve been always against that approach. you cant force to learn, meanigng that one should be eager to learn and seek for knowledge. and your part is easy and straight - share your knowledges for those hungry for it. that would be already a lot.
yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:24:12 PM

Financial education begins for children when they have pocket money. Then they begin to learn how to properly manage them. And the parents' task is to properly direct them and help them.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:34:35 PM

Yes, you are right. There are subjects at school that you cannot use in a practical way.But it doesn't mean that you don't have to learn math, science, literature and other subjects. Life is a continuous process. You must never settle for less.

If the government would allow cryptocurrencies, it will surely open up new opportunities for many people and it would really catch their attention. As the government accepts Bitcoin then they must also do advertisements about it to make bitcoin popular. Most of us people are confident on the government. If the government allows something the people will be more encourage to do/have that thing as well.
You are right life is complete with education and it is not good to get involved in only one kind of education the financial education. I know bitcoin is going to have bright future for those who are not good financially today, it will make us rich with time as nothing is impossible learning today will give you bright future so increase your knowledge about crypto currency and get more chances to make bright future.
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:40:44 PM

I really think that many people have not much knowledge about how to handle money.
When I look at ebay for example, one and the same product is sold in a range of 50% in price. Why are some people willing to pay that much more?
The only thing I can think of is that they did not compare the prices. And that is one of the basic things in life. Knowing how much something might be worth.
It's the same with cell phone contracts or insurances or bank accounts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: