Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit not for sale!  (Read 3848 times)
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 06:26:37 PM

I hope everybody would be fair about this new feature implemented by admin theymos.
This thread is for the purpose of awareness that merit is given to a constructive and quality post. I have made a thread here in the market place section, hoping that there will not be such things like buying and selling merits. Let's work with our own asses.

P.S.
OP  is not asking attention, read and understand.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.

That is perfectly put forth. I think everyone must take note of this and we should not misconfgure the whole thing. I know there are already people who are against this system or at least they belive the system isn’t fair for the newcomers.

However, I’m sure the system is fully functional and will equally for newbies or legends and this can be observed with merit stats itself.

There is no need to go spamming about it as it won’t help anyone and might take you into trouble. Let’s just read everyone with wide open eyes and when you really think you have seen something deserving then just merit it and be responsible about it.

It’s that simple !

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:09:57 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 08:22:42 PM by audaciousbeing

I can only see the new merit system being abused by those people with multiple accounts that he can use to rank up one of his accounts for his own benefits while the good quality poster will be ignored because no one really is interested to giving merits to anybody it will just become another task for them and it's a drag. And this merit system can also be exploited by many various ways such as selling it. I also heard that DT members is putting red flags on you for meritting someone and be accused that it is your dummy account.

Your earlier sentence is very possible for people to start abusing the system but the way the merit system is designed made it something that won't last long term the reason is that there is limited amount of merit an individual can give out and the moment he uses it to promote an account, considering the gap between a rank and another is large, he will be forced to post quality in other to get merit to move to the next rank. Opening a new account won't even solve it because that would have zero merit to give either way you will still be forced to do the right thing and that should solve the issue of DT members giving red and we all know that you don't just give 30 merits for just post we all don't agree has content.

On maybe no one is interested in giving merit, you will see more of it because even me, I have given one to someone who just made sense to me and managers reading post too can give when they come across something interesting.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:18:09 AM

I hope everybody would be fair about this new feature implemented by admin theymos.
This thread is for the purpose of awareness that merit is given to a constructive and quality post. I have made a thread here in the market place section, hoping that there will not be such things like buying and selling merits. Let's work with our own asses.

P.S.
OP  is not asking attention, read and understand.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Saddly, but many people are already selling/buying Merit points, for example here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827197.0
On local boards there are much more Merit sellers. There was people who got 20 or even 50 Merit for a low quality posts, it's obvious abuse of Merit system. Both, buyer and seller has to be reported to DT members and they will give them red trust rating.

The good thing about this is that we can easily spot people out and verify that they're connected if something fishy is going on. Even if people make plans outside of this forum to grant merit, we can easily retrace which post the merit was added onto, and if the post is garbage, then it makes sense to flag them with red trust. I'm thinking that this whole merit system can make it a lot easier on higher ranking members who want to help the forum out by flagging the spammers and scammers.

One thing I hope doesn't happen in the future is the use of merit as "rep." Merit has nothing to do with reputation, and we should make it clear in the marketplace section especially that this is the case.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:57:51 AM

Come on guys, problems will not occur at the first place if everyone here just followed the instructions, rules and other guidelines.
Merit system is a good thing, at least we know devs are still concern about good members of this forum.
If they are cheating then be it and suffer the consequences.
I think the new system will also help confirming possible farm accounts.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:25:22 AM

Merits are not for sale if you want also you can't,only the Smerits can be send to the person you want. Grin

First of all this system is going to suck the spammers around the forum,no more rank up with the spam posts.But sadly the quality posts are also not gonna get the enough merits,the new merits system has been implemented three days ago but still many quality posters don't get even one merits.Luckily I got just one. Smiley

As per Theymos statement he will test the merits system for one or two months,if this merit is hard to achieve then changes will be made.So everyone post normally and do some contribution to the discussion don't care about merits for now.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:05:24 AM

Come on guys, problems will not occur at the first place if everyone here just followed the instructions, rules and other guidelines.
Merit system is a good thing, at least we know devs are still concern about good members of this forum.

I agree, the new Merit system is a good thing if everyone here in forum followed what the instruction and the rules. But now they abusing Merit point, and there's a lot of people they buy and sell their merit piont to get the bitcoin, but it's not a good way if they want to promote their account to the highest rank.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:07:48 AM

P.S.
Saddly, but many people are already selling/buying Merit points, for example here:
On local boards there are much more Merit sellers. There was people who got 20 or even 50 Merit for a low quality posts, it's obvious abuse of Merit system. Both, buyer and seller has to be reported to DT members and they will give them red trust rating.

Haha that would backfire so hard on them! They give each other merit then they get negative trust. If you try to rig the new system you'll get rekt by the old system. HEED MY WARNINGS NEWBIES! DON'T GET NEGGED! Lol. Their will be many a legendaries with negative trust I guess.
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:24:25 AM
Merited by Faiyz (1)

P.S.
It's a bad thing to buy merit for some reason, but it's possible since some of the signature campaign required a high/additional merit as possible ( to add some additional payment sounds like promotion what ever ) . But if you are bright and a good minded bitcoiner, it's easy to have it since you have sense in every thing you want to add on different threads. Just look for some interesting topic and join trading ideas with them.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:42:39 AM

P.S.
It's a bad thing to buy merit for some reason, but it's possible since some of the signature campaign required a high/additional merit as possible ( to add some additional payment sounds like promotion what ever ) . But if you are bright and a good minded bitcoiner, it's easy to have it since you have sense in every thing you want to add on different threads. Just look for some interesting topic and join trading ideas with them.

It's absolutely bad things and against the forum rules  to buy or selling merits, merits  maybe  will be yhe requirement to join campaign, but the campaign manager will also check the quality of the  post, so although you got the high merit but when the manager check  your  post quality maybe you wont be accepted either, so you need  to earn your merit in a correct manner
canaveralnonie

Dota2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:49:57 AM

P.S.

It's absolutely bad things and against the forum rules  to buy or selling merits, merits  maybe  will be yhe requirement to join campaign, but the campaign manager will also check the quality of the  post, so although you got the high merit but when the manager check  your  post quality maybe you wont be accepted either, so you need  to earn your merit in a correct manner
Do they have some action/punishment to those who caught doing that kind of bad stuff? Or maybe some warning instead. But I think, it's gonna be additional work for all moderators and staff for sure. Good luck
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:01:19 AM

That's what I am afraid of.
That people are going to abuse the system by trading/selling Merit.
The wholr point of Merit is to show how quality are your posts, and if people will start exchanging merit , it will be impossible to know whether your post quality is high or not.
Also, I think that everybody should be starting from 0 merit, and people with higher rank shouldn't be getting a higher score.
canaveralnonie

Dota2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:08:09 AM

That's what I am afraid of.
That people are going to abuse the system by trading/selling Merit.
The wholr point of Merit is to show how quality are your posts, and if people will start exchanging merit , it will be impossible to know whether your post quality is high or not.
Also, I think that everybody should be starting from 0 merit, and people with higher rank shouldn't be getting a higher score.
Starting from 0 merit is a good point, but it's already done. So it's gonna be complicated to update all merit. Just imagine how many post of hero or legendary rank made for such a several year till now. For me, its fair enough since they have a starting merit based on their rank. But just wondering, what if you rank up? Do your merit add some?
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:27:33 AM

This new merit implementation is a good one to reduce useless posts and it is definitely not for sale or purchase it is one of the bad thought , the reason for the implementation of Merit is for good purposes so you cannot misuse this .
tricker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:40:26 AM

P.S.
Well for me this new merit system will really help this forum to improve more. And the admin will screen those good poster that really deserve the promotion. Althought its quite challenging for us , but I think its for the better change. Because we can improve ourself on how we can provide a good quality and how we can contribute for the improvement of this forum.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:36:40 AM

P.S.

People like that are those that continually make the effort of people trying to keep the forum decent and make it more accommodating frustrated because of their actions and they are the same people that flood the entire forum with posts that are not relevant and spams which led to serious of issues. Those people should not be allowed in saner society and even a Senior member rank and bold enough to open a thread for that, its surprising.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:01:39 AM

Merit is implemented for good purpose and not for sale but some people misuse this merit to rank up if you make a good and quality post you will definitely get merit in short time so post good and quality topics otherwise you will not get merit point .

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:04:20 AM

P.S.
OP  is not asking attention, read and understand.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.
We don't need to buy merits. Let's just make our post very useful and meaningful so that other user well send us merit because our post is constructive, useful, and meaningful. Don't buy merits because selling merit is not prohibited.

Theirs no reason to buy those merits really since we can actually earn it by posting some good quality posts and helpful ones, But we cannot please anyone to act fair since as we can see on meta their are series of events that merit system has been abused and their are guys who willing to buy it but if they found out buying it they will earned bad stake for their actions.

Its true we can earn merits by quality and useful posts but some people may face the problem to make it easily. That's why some people trying to sell merit because they know there will be some people interested to buy it especially for those who want to rank up easier without worrying about how to make good quality posts. I'm no so surprised to see some people try to sell or buy merits for their own purpose because some people has been discussing about it since the first day when theymos implemented this feature. Lets just use it when we find something that useful for us or for the community, avoid any merits sales and keep being active like before when there was no merits.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:30:37 AM

Lets just use it when we find something that useful for us or for the community, avoid any merits sales and keep being active like before when there was no merits.

It's impossible to prevent Merit sales from happening. This forum is the main hotspot for people to earn money online, and for that reason will do everything to rank up. Whatever system ends up in place to 'avoid' spam and everything related to it, people are creative enough to work around it. It's basically a catch up game for people, where at some point, catching up will be achieved one way or another. At least I so far have seen a positive change in how people write their posts, so I will start looking at newbies and other lower ranked accounts more closely to reward their efforts. The more we reward people for their efforts, the less people will try to game the system - at least, that's how I look at it.
demonist

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:48:06 PM

About the benefits or harm of Merit to judge early. A couple of months, look at the statistics. But while it is possible to say that the newbies became more difficult, as many earlier raised their rank by spamming messages and reports. And now to me would be at least a Member will take months and maybe more (.
P/S hope that the forum will become cleaner and more informative.
ngavanngo22

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:24:21 PM

Yes, it true but there are a lot of high rank member in this forum still try to sell or buy Merit point to get more money Smiley). I think we no need to worry about this case cause these guys will be founded out and tagged by DT member or moderator in here. Smiley. Right at the first day when Merit point published, I saw a Hero Member wanna sell all his 200 Merit for 1m$. LOL.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: