Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:13:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit not for sale!  (Read 3848 times)
BR0
Copper Member

Activity: 81
Merit: 13

SIGS CREATION SERVICE - https://goo.gl/ChWJFn

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 09:11:01 PM

Merit indeed is not for sale, but I'm sure there are still many users who trade it in secret. This will happen even if there is a rule that prohibits it. So far I see merit is a very important part, so some people will continue to trade it.
Don't worry, they don't have unlimited smerit, eventually they will run out of it.

Yes you are right, I forgot about that. sMerit will run out because the user who get 1 merit = 0.5 sMerit, so to get 1 sMerit requires 2 merit. If so, this merit system will not last long, correct?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arief89

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:54:46 AM

merit is an appreciation for every person who makes the thread constructively and qualitatively, so if anyone sells the merit is breaking the rules and has gone out of purpose making the merit itself ...
So for everyone do not try to sell it because if caught selling merit will get punishment from this forum moderator.

Ajiloveyuyun

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:55:16 AM

I hope the mirit feature is abolished .. because to continue the level is very difficult.
vergel24official

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:01:03 PM

Having merit is a fruit of work labor it means it must not be sell to anyone. But let's consider the people who wants to sell their merit may be they need money badly.
Kizuna123

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:05:54 PM

I agree! Merit is for the people who have quality post and do the effort and not for people who just comment anything and having merit. Giving merit for the quality post must be applied and selling merit must be observe strictly.
sparveenat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:20:11 PM

I am from India and not expert in making quality posts what every one mentioned but I believe that my replies can convey and convince the matter to the readers and I don't know how and in what scale our posts can be evaluated that make me confused so still not understand about merit lets wait how it works and what are the difficulties member will face because of this. What I understand is it is not easy to sell and buy merit.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:04:10 PM

I am from India and not expert in making quality posts what every one mentioned but I believe that my replies can convey and convince the matter to the readers and I don't know how and in what scale our posts can be evaluated that make me confused so still not understand about merit lets wait how it works and what are the difficulties member will face because of this. What I understand is it is not easy to sell and buy merit.

we already feel the advantage and disadvantage of these merrits. but despite that , i will say that merrits is quite useful or rather important for the sake of post quality and forum cleanliness. merrits should not also for sale rather we should only earn it with hard work because that is more pleasurable if you work hard for that certain thing. you should not worry if your post dont deserve a merrit but as long as you know that your post are informative and somewhat helpful.
aimey

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:27:56 PM

Perhaps many buy and sell merit points in secret, I think it is very difficult to get merit points, most people will probably take a shortcut, maybe they have multiple accounts to send each other..

Yes it is, they have multiple accounts to send each other. They are using their high rank account to send merits for their own sake that's why many of the low rankings doesn't have a merits event it is a quality poster.
ilhamdoni

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:11:18 PM

We all hope so too, but there are always people who take advantage of the situation. I hope the moderators anticipate the things that are not in want. good luck always. cheers
j1hanaudy

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:28:20 PM

I hope everybody would be fair about this new feature implemented by admin theymos.
This thread is for the purpose of awareness that merit is given to a constructive and quality post. I have made a thread here in the market place section, hoping that there will not be such things like buying and selling merits. Let's work with our own asses.

P.S.
OP  is not asking attention, read and understand.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.

And I really hope this thread is on every board.
Some lazy will not know this. Some time ago there were people who openly wanted some $ per sMerit, and red paint started coloring his profile.
Oliveir

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:32:47 PM

I heard a lot of rumors for people selling their merits in order to earn some coin or bitcoin point for themselves, other are just exchanging them with some friends, since it is truly hard about earning this points, especially those who want to rank up, since there is no option three to earn them.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:16:42 AM

Merit indeed is not for sale, but I'm sure there are still many users who trade it in secret. This will happen even if there is a rule that prohibits it. So far I see merit is a very important part, so some people will continue to trade it.
Don't worry, they don't have unlimited smerit, eventually they will run out of it.

Yes you are right, I forgot about that. sMerit will run out because the user who get 1 merit = 0.5 sMerit, so to get 1 sMerit requires 2 merit. If so, this merit system will not last long, correct?
No.
Read this thread Merit & new rank requirements I believe you will find all answers there  Wink
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:32:01 AM

I heard a lot of rumors for people selling their merits in order to earn some coin or bitcoin point for themselves, other are just exchanging them with some friends, since it is truly hard about earning this points, especially those who want to rank up, since there is no option three to earn them.

Exchanging of merits still leads them getting tagged with negative ratings. I've seen it so even I really want to rank up to Senior, it's futile. Ialready accepted the fact that ranking up now is only applicable to newbie and jr.
christofyler

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:03:05 PM

Yes of course merit should not be sold or buy due to the rules. People who are found doing such should face the punishment.
Looking at it in the normal way merit are not easily given to people because the rate at which people get merit then is actually different from now. Also I think not all people knows how to give out merit.
At least have had different experience when we talk about Bounties campaign people with high rank are paid more.... But I believed that most people with high rank are the people who are into crypto then.
Pardon the way I talk am not supporting buying and selling merit am only given reasons why they are into it.
What about people selling their account for money is it also right... Because I believed some people have more than different account... And some of them are for selling and buying purpose .... So don't you think it can also triggers the rate at which people are buying and selling merit.
Ingramtg
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:09:40 PM

Perhaps many buy and sell merit points in secret, I think it is very difficult to get merit points, most people will probably take a shortcut, maybe they have multiple accounts to send each other..

No doubt on the near future this will be updated and there would be no more buy and sell merit , but then again lot's of newbies or the new comers thinking that merit is a big hindrance , but then again instead of thinking that it's a hindrance make it as a motivation though.

I hope this abuse will prevented though.
jeepuerit

Activity: 306
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:32:37 AM

I hope everybody would be fair about this new feature implemented by admin theymos.
This thread is for the purpose of awareness that merit is given to a constructive and quality post. I have made a thread here in the market place section, hoping that there will not be such things like buying and selling merits. Let's work with our own asses.

P.S.
OP  is not asking attention, read and understand.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.

-
EDIT UPDATE
For those who wants to receive merits for quality post. Check this thread, Challenging and Helpful.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
It is difficult to find a merit especially when you do not know that you are using the bitcoin forum, even though the Member's rank is very difficult when no one has merit, the merit does not buy. hopefully restore the previous bitcoin forum without merit.
the13thsymphony

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:56:44 PM

That is true that we should work on our own to provide a quality work that was expected to us by the bounty managers, moderators and admins not just to make spam posts everyday to make an income. Some people think that doing bounties is just a easy walk in the park and they will earn with less effort, but in reality you still need to provide a quality work, yes this freelance job may be easier then most jobs out there but it is not an excuse to not provide quality content and not just ask the same questions again and again to the point that they are just spamming posts. Members should learn and earn in their journey here in this forum.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 05:00:49 AM

No doubt on the near future this will be updated and there would be no more buy and sell merit , but then again lot's of newbies or the new comers thinking that merit is a big hindrance , but then again instead of thinking that it's a hindrance make it as a motivation though.

I hope this abuse will prevented though.

Abusers cannot be prevented, but they can be contained. Merit abusers are usually easy to be spotted, as they suspiciously give their smerits to a common person only. I found a lot of abusers around this community and I hope they will be paying the consequence from cheating. There are a lot threads in meta section that reports all the merit abusers. Dont hesitate to report suspicious accounts that potentialy abusing the merit system.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
s2sallbygrace

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:08:35 AM

P.S.
OP  is not asking attention, read and understand.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Saddly, but many people are already selling/buying Merit points, for example here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827197.0
On local boards there are much more Merit sellers. There was people who got 20 or even 50 Merit for a low quality posts, it's obvious abuse of Merit system. Both, buyer and seller has to be reported to DT members and they will give them red trust rating.
selling merit is not fair. The person who sells and buy merit is a very selfish person. You're right, people like this has to be punished by the moderators for them to learn their lessons. Many people here in the forum is trying their best to give good quality post to gain at least 1 or 2 merits. Everybody has to be fair and don't  do anything illegal just to rank up, if you get caught selling or buying merits it will be your lost and you will not have anymore opportunity to be in this forum.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
feehannah

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:56:01 AM
Merited by Alert31 (1)

Merit is really what i need,i have no idea for that merit is for sale. But in my own,i want to have it in the way of like a people who will appreciate on my post through my hardwok,but not through buying.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: