Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:49:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System Upgrade  (Read 34947 times)
Godwans

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Heya Homies

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:58:06 AM

May I direct 10-20 posts only in English language? I have a lot of good posts in russian local forum

I’m sorry but I have to stick to what I put in the OP. I don’t help exclusively altcoin people or local sub people. I just don’t know how to judge their post quality. Good luck and thanks for stopping by.
You are unquestionably the most arrogant/prejudiced person in this entire forum...I sincerely hope you step in front of a train driven by a non-english speaking person..

This is my siggy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:01:54 PM

my posts are also not enough interesting to earn me some merit although i try my best to do a good post.. anyways admins have changed the rules for the ranks up-gradation and we can not do anything about it expect doing the best posts on the threads

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:02:25 AM

my posts are also not enough interesting to earn me some merit although i try my best to do a good post.. anyways admins have changed the rules for the ranks up-gradation and we can not do anything about it expect doing the best posts on the threads

That sounds good. It doesn’t look like you have ever posted in a thread that is anything other than a bounty or advertising thread. In order to get merit you will eventually need to post somewhere else on the forum.

nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:06:56 AM
Merited by QuestionAuthority (20)

I truly love the idea of what you are doing. I had already given up on ranking actually, with the feeling that some may not understand how the smerit works, the legends with enough to give around may not even care reading through all posts, and even we the little ones only have few to give around, so we are trying to be sure it is given to someone who truly deserves it.

That being said, luckily I just bumped into you from your signature and I thought I should give it a try. Who knows? With the huge bitcoin correction going on, and with a chance to buy more for long position, this month may just be my lucky month after all, of having merits added to my profile's life. My first few posts should be enough to judge and if it is not good enough, I will move on and I am also opened to any question.

Sorry I talk a lot, hence, my long post to you.  Grin
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:25:42 AM

I truly love the idea of what you are doing. I had already given up on ranking actually, with the feeling that some may not understand how the smerit works, the legends with enough to give around may not even care reading through all posts, and even we the little ones only have few to give around, so we are trying to be sure it is given to someone who truly deserves it.

That being said, luckily I just bumped into you from your signature and I thought I should give it a try. Who knows? With the huge bitcoin correction going on, and with a chance to buy more for long position, this month may just be my lucky month after all, of having merits added to my profile's life. My first few posts should be enough to judge and if it is not good enough, I will move on and I am also opened to any question.

People like you are the reason I decided to run this thread. You love a good debate, you’re logical, helpful to new people, you have a good grasp of cryptocurrency in general, you’re a bitcoin supporter and an altcoin supporter. You participate in signature campaigns but you’re smart about it. You’re kind of an all around package. I hope you don’t mind but I’m going to list a couple of my favorite posts I found in your history.

A post from 2017 - Other / Beginners & Help / Re: Newbie wants to know somethings

You posted, “If you bring in that mindset, you may end up not getting anywhere as you will end up dropping shitty posts which eventually will end up like spam and no one will recruit you into their campaigns. If you are wise, stay on this forum like you are here to learn, participate by contributing without just trying to make a quick random post and if your rank shoots up, maybe you can get a signature campaign recruiting Juniors! See it as just a benefit of being a part of the forum and not your main reason to be here! Word from a brother like you!!”

Also from 2017 - Bitcoin / Bitcoin Discussion / Re: How can we help new people who think bitcoin is a ponzi scheme to understand it

You posted, “Just explain to them the technology behind bitcoin and if they get more confused; tell them about the countries legalising it and organisations already using it as payment method already; and if they are still not convinced, tell them the worth of bitcoin in 2009 and the worth now; and if they are still not convinced, tell them to just type bitcoin news on google to know what is really going on; and if they are still not convinced; Ignore them and tell them to watch you at the top in few years time. I am sure by then they will be so much convinced and ashamed to even tell you. Hopefully it won't be too late for them to catch up by then.”

Both of those posts from a newbie! I think you probably figured it out by now but - 20 merit points awarded.

nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:54:25 AM

People like you are the reason I decided to run this thread. You love a good debate, you’re logical, helpful to new people, you have a good grasp of cryptocurrency in general, you’re a bitcoin supporter and an altcoin supporter. You participate in signature campaigns but you’re smart about it. You’re kind of an all around package. I hope you don’t mind but I’m going to list a couple of my favorite posts I found in your history.

A post from 2017 - Other / Beginners & Help / Re: Newbie wants to know somethings

You posted, “If you bring in that mindset, you may end up not getting anywhere as you will end up dropping shitty posts which eventually will end up like spam and no one will recruit you into their campaigns. If you are wise, stay on this forum like you are here to learn, participate by contributing without just trying to make a quick random post and if your rank shoots up, maybe you can get a signature campaign recruiting Juniors! See it as just a benefit of being a part of the forum and not your main reason to be here! Word from a brother like you!!”

Also from 2017 - Bitcoin / Bitcoin Discussion / Re: How can we help new people who think bitcoin is a ponzi scheme to understand it

You posted, “Just explain to them the technology behind bitcoin and if they get more confused; tell them about the countries legalising it and organisations already using it as payment method already; and if they are still not convinced, tell them the worth of bitcoin in 2009 and the worth now; and if they are still not convinced, tell them to just type bitcoin news on google to know what is really going on; and if they are still not convinced; Ignore them and tell them to watch you at the top in few years time. I am sure by then they will be so much convinced and ashamed to even tell you. Hopefully it won't be too late for them to catch up by then.”

Both of those posts from a newbie! I think you probably figured it out by now but - 20 merit points awarded.

Wow! Thanks a lot for the merit, but most especially, your perception of me and my posts. I won't forget those words, as I keep contributing my own little to the community in the best way I can.
Thanks once again.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:51:31 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 03:03:46 PM by vintages

I stumbled on this thread and I most say; Nice and interesting consent OP, thanks for doing this. Well, I read your post and I can't be so sure if I may fit in cause i tends to read and reply on posts which interests me and add to my knowledge. I knew about bitcoin before I joined this forum and I must confess that this forum has really contributed to my knowledge about bitcoin, though, I am still lacking on the technical aspect  Grin .And I won't say, that I don't reply or posts on altcoin posts, I sometimes do.
kindly go through my posts to judge me; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1037962;sa=showPosts

And another thing; even if I don't meet your requirements, can you please give me the questions even without the merits? I want to add to my knowledge about what I know to help me in contributing in anyway I can. Thanks  Smiley
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:29:09 PM

why not help members? I have more then enough posts to have been a full member under the old rules and probably enough to judge if what I post is valuable or not (around 200 posts).

At this point I have given up leveling. I only post rarely, I post stuff hat is not always popular so the chance of getting 90 merit is 0. It's really stupid.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:37:24 PM

Thanks a lot for doing this. I still have some activity to earn before I become eligible for Sr. member but seeing that the thread may soon be closed, I am going to put up my case anyway. Hope you can consider.

Here are two of my posts:
One is a reply to a spam guy who has been spreading his little plague for sometime now. (Seriously, this guy just sits all day typing away his conspiracy theories in barely readable sentences.)

The next one is a topic i started which just didn't got pick up,lol.Though i hope it will as I'll update it soon as i learn enough.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2817109.0
(It'd be great if you can share your views on this post)

One interesting titbit. I came here after seeing your signature from a very old post. It has been disheartening to see everyone screaming about the BTC dip and all kind of spam posts about how its going to fail. At times like this, I have found it pretty comforting to go through the post history of the old members. I was going through mprep's and found this thread .

You guys had a pretty riot running here before it all went down the drain. Here's hoping things can go back to the glory days.

Abirumaisha

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:22:39 PM

if I think the change of this forum system to merit point system as it is currently running is worth to be given a thumbs up
perhaps with a merit point system can lift this system for even further and be born members of new members more genius more certainly

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:23:53 PM

I stumbled on this thread and I most say; Nice and interesting consent OP, thanks for doing this. Well, I read your post and I can't be so sure if I may fit in cause i tends to read and reply on posts which interests me and add to my knowledge. I knew about bitcoin before I joined this forum and I must confess that this forum has really contributed to my knowledge about bitcoin, though, I am still lacking on the technical aspect  Grin .And I won't say, that I don't reply or posts on altcoin posts, I sometimes do.
kindly go through my posts to judge me; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1037962;sa=showPosts

And another thing; even if I don't meet your requirements, can you please give me the questions even without the merits? I want to add to my knowledge about what I know to help me in contributing in anyway I can. Thanks  Smiley

You meet the qualifications for merit in many posts I saw. It’s likely you haven’t received more merit because those posts are older. If you keep posting the same way now that we have the merit system I’m sure you will start to get merit. You are the only reason you’re lacking on the technical aspects of bitcoin. If you want to learn more then read more about it and start a discussion based on your newly acquired knowledge (also a good way to get merit).

Here’s a question based on your history. Why is bitcoin decentralized?

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:40:18 PM

why not help members? I have more then enough posts to have been a full member under the old rules and probably enough to judge if what I post is valuable or not (around 200 posts).

At this point I have given up leveling. I only post rarely, I post stuff hat is not always popular so the chance of getting 90 merit is 0. It's really stupid.

That’s a fair question. Why won’t I help Member level and below? They need to level up too, right?

The truth is I do help them. I’ve given merit to newbies when cruising around the forum reading posts. When I see a post that deserves merit then I give it. I usually give 1 to 5 merit for those posts. When you come to this thread you're asking for 20 merit. To me, that means your asking me to judge up to 20 posts that are valuable enough to deserve merit. When you come to this thread and ask for merit you're asking me to advance you in merit by as much as six months in posting time.

You registered in October of last year. You’ve got to pay your dues, so to speak, in time and post quality to rank up. I’m not going to rank someone up an additional six months that’s only been here three months. Don’t worry, you will get merit if you want to be a member of this forum for the right reasons.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:02:40 PM

Thanks a lot for doing this. I still have some activity to earn before I become eligible for Sr. member but seeing that the thread may soon be closed, I am going to put up my case anyway. Hope you can consider.

Here are two of my posts:
One is a reply to a spam guy who has been spreading his little plague for sometime now. (Seriously, this guy just sits all day typing away his conspiracy theories in barely readable sentences.)

The next one is a topic i started which just didn't got pick up,lol.Though i hope it will as I'll update it soon as i learn enough.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2817109.0
(It'd be great if you can share your views on this post)

One interesting titbit. I came here after seeing your signature from a very old post. It has been disheartening to see everyone screaming about the BTC dip and all kind of spam posts about how its going to fail. At times like this, I have found it pretty comforting to go through the post history of the old members. I was going through mprep's and found this thread .

You guys had a pretty riot running here before it all went down the drain. Here's hoping things can go back to the glory days.

That post from mprep is a classic. The thread is just ridiculous and mprep responds, “Man, I think I'm in the weird part of the forum again. How do I end up in these places?” ROFL

Your posts are better than average. When you're confused and don’t understand something you keep asking questions until you figure it out. You came here for the bounties but really participate in discussions. Campaign managers are getting their money’s worth out of you. You’re going to need to spend more time here and post regularly to rank up but you understand that. Because you’ve only been here 6-7 months, I’m going to split the difference with you. 10 merit points awarded.

I liked your OP, Thoughts on supporting SegWit/ LN and not Big-Blocks. It shows a lot of effort and forethought.

amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:40:54 AM

That post from mprep is a classic. The thread is just ridiculous and mprep responds, “Man, I think I'm in the weird part of the forum again. How do I end up in these places?” ROFL

Your posts are better than average. When you're confused and don’t understand something you keep asking questions until you figure it out. You came here for the bounties but really participate in discussions. Campaign managers are getting their money’s worth out of you. You’re going to need to spend more time here and post regularly to rank up but you understand that. Because you’ve only been here 6-7 months, I’m going to split the difference with you. 10 merit points awarded.

I liked your OP, Thoughts on supporting SegWit/ LN and not Big-Blocks. It shows a lot of effort and forethought.

Thanks QA for the response and merit. You're right that I stumbled here for the bounties but then stayed for the real content. I have been working a normal job for sometime now and always wanted to go back to technology and learning. This made it exciting for me when I saw that the original people here were mainly the technologist and academic types. Being on the forum and seeing people freely share knowledge as well as build things was inspirational.
I am one of those guys who get enrolled in almost all the buzzword courses at coursera. Big Data, Machine Learning, Python, you name it. LOL. Unfortunately, I have chiefly been a procrastinator and its embarrassing.
I spoke to nullius once and it was really cool to have him thoughtfully respond to a complete stranger. He gave some great tips but the self-confessed lazy-ass/ slow learner that I have become, i haven't gotten around to doing much from it. (Shout-out to nullius.).

Overall, I have found this forum to be a great place to learn and interact if you aren't completely focused on only the monetary aspect of it.
For a typical newbie, there is so much to explore than remaining stuck in the spam campaigns. And yeah, everybody wants to earn but it should be done in a non-spammy way. That way, one can push himself/ herself to be worthy of the reward. One must also realize that just because there are spammers here doesn't mean that you have to outdo them by becoming a spammer yourself. Like Dumbledore said,"Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right" Smiley

I have shared this experience for any Newbie/Jr. Member/Members scouring these posts. The people who have made this a place only for earning with 10 simultaneous bounties with 20 different accounts deserve to remain where the merit system keeps them. (I do wonder how some of them manage to have 5000 FB friends and 1000 Audited twitter followers). If you have been here for around 6 months like me, your motto should be:
Come for the money alright but stay for the knowledge! Come for the alts probably but stay for Bitcoin!! Bitcoin is so much more than a way to earn money.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:03:16 AM

Thanks QA for the response and merit. You're right that I stumbled here for the bounties but then stayed for the real content. I have been working a normal job for sometime now and always wanted to go back to technology and learning. This made it exciting for me when I saw that the original people here were mainly the technologist and academic types. Being on the forum and seeing people freely share knowledge as well as build things was inspirational.
I am one of those guys who get enrolled in almost all the buzzword courses at coursera. Big Data, Machine Learning, Python, you name it. LOL. Unfortunately, I have chiefly been a procrastinator and its embarrassing.
I spoke to nullius once and it was really cool to have him thoughtfully respond to a complete stranger. He gave some great tips but the self-confessed lazy-ass/ slow learner that I have become, i haven't gotten around to doing much from it. (Shout-out to nullius.).

Overall, I have found this forum to be a great place to learn and interact if you aren't completely focused on only the monetary aspect of it.
For a typical newbie, there is so much to explore than remaining stuck in the spam campaigns. And yeah, everybody wants to earn but it should be done in a non-spammy way. That way, one can push himself/ herself to be worthy of the reward. One must also realize that just because there are spammers here doesn't mean that you have to outdo them by becoming a spammer yourself. Like Dumbledore said,"Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right" Smiley

I have shared this experience for any Newbie/Jr. Member/Members scouring these posts. The people who have made this a place only for earning with 10 simultaneous bounties with 20 different accounts deserve to remain where the merit system keeps them. (I do wonder how some of them manage to have 5000 FB friends and 1000 Audited twitter followers). If you have been here for around 6 months like me, your motto should be:
Come for the money alright but stay for the knowledge! Come for the alts probably but stay for Bitcoin!! Bitcoin is so much more than a way to earn money.

Thanks for the overview. You definitely have the right outlook. I can predict right now that you’re not going to have a problem ranking up. You’re going to be a great addition to the forum. Cheers

vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:33:55 AM
Merited by QuestionAuthority (20)

It’s likely you haven’t received more merit because those posts are older.
Well, I do to comment on new post, I just think people feel reluctant to give merit or probably not used to it.

If you want to learn more then read more about it and start a discussion based on your newly acquired knowledge (also a good way to get merit).
I will try to put this into practice to see how it goes. Thanks.

Been that we are in an economy whereby how we spend or what we do with our money is been monitored by a central authority, Satoshi Nakamoto decided to create an electronic currency whereby, you own and keep your money without the involvement of a third party thus spending your money is an electronic transaction soley between the sender and the receiver. Though, all transaction on blockchain are visible.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:46:31 AM

What a place to be their as I was looking for some information and just got clicked in this thread and realized it is answering some of the basic question as well for the people who are into bitcoin along with the points too. Well I came into this crytpo as my friend had introduced me the bitcoin last year and after researching then started to invest in it as I started seeing a huge scope this coin has and also today we have all the other crypto coins is due to the bitcoin. Through this tough time btc has gone through in last couple of months where the market crashed but I stayed strong by holding my coins and today seeing the market started to rise always feel that staying invested does pay you and bitcoin will definitely reward you much bigger in coming time. It is going to take me sometime to rank up but will be a worthy one for sure to start with this thread.  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1089505;sa=showPosts

CryptoDemonElite

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:21:06 AM

I'm not applying because I don't really care about becoming a Hero. If I was I would have been more consistently active over the last 5 years. I just wanted to say good on you for recognising it's the higher up members that just missed out on ranking up that it hurts the most. From having a few days or weeks to suddenly looking at probably years to get 250 or 500 more merits.

You should apply. You are definitely in the zone.

It’s not that I don’t appreciate what the administration is trying to do and I don’t have a better solution to the problem. I just see it being unfair to some people. Maybe if a mod could do what I’m doing and review some cases they could award merit on those people that deserve it. They would be more fair of course, giving to all equally and not just bitcoiners. 

I like what you are doing. I won't be able to get none because most of my history is in altcoins, but thanks I going to start to participate in the bitcoin forum. I did start studying about the blockchain such as the concept and the code. I manage to understand how to make private and public keys, public key hashes and etc., but when I got to transaction I got loss. I might look up some youtube videos on this. Anyway keep up the good work and I hope other senior or legendary member start doing this.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:21:13 AM

It’s likely you haven’t received more merit because those posts are older.
Well, I do to comment on new post, I just think people feel reluctant to give merit or probably not used to it.

If you want to learn more then read more about it and start a discussion based on your newly acquired knowledge (also a good way to get merit).
I will try to put this into practice to see how it goes. Thanks.

Been that we are in an economy whereby how we spend or what we do with our money is been monitored by a central authority, Satoshi Nakamoto decided to create an electronic currency whereby, you own and keep your money without the involvement of a third party thus spending your money is an electronic transaction soley between the sender and the receiver. Though, all transaction on blockchain are visible.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

You’re right. There used to be a bitcoiner here named JoelKatz. He was a very knowledgeable bitcoin supporter and left here to become Chief Cryptographer at Ripple, the company behind the Ripple settlement network. He said it best: Bitcoin has no central control: no central repository of information, no central management, and, crucially, no central point of failure. Most of the actual services and businesses built within the Bitcoin ecosystem are centralized. They are run by specific people, in specific locations, with specific computer systems. That does not make bitcoin centralized.

20 merit points awarded

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:45:51 AM

What a place to be their as I was looking for some information and just got clicked in this thread and realized it is answering some of the basic question as well for the people who are into bitcoin along with the points too. Well I came into this crytpo as my friend had introduced me the bitcoin last year and after researching then started to invest in it as I started seeing a huge scope this coin has and also today we have all the other crypto coins is due to the bitcoin. Through this tough time btc has gone through in last couple of months where the market crashed but I stayed strong by holding my coins and today seeing the market started to rise always feel that staying invested does pay you and bitcoin will definitely reward you much bigger in coming time. It is going to take me sometime to rank up but will be a worthy one for sure to start with this thread.  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1089505;sa=showPosts

Your posts are adequate but could probably improve. That is most likely because English isn’t your native language. You don’t post in a local sub so I can’t tell where your from. You seem very morally centered and honest. You try to help people when you can. You spend much of your time in gambling discussions. I like to gamble too. Probably a little too much for my own good.

I have one question for you. If you don’t mind me asking, what country are you from? I ask because you posted that sometimes your village loses electricity and internet for long periods.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: