Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:27:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should all drugs be legalized?
Yes - 65 (34.8%)
No - 57 (30.5%)
Not all - 65 (34.8%)
Total Voters: 187

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legalization of drugs?  (Read 3181 times)
sp564

Activity: 86
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:37:02 PM

I think that no matter how one feels about actual use of scheduled substances, everyone would be better off if they were legalized and regulated. There are so many reasons for this, many of which have already been cited, that I don't think the alternative position is viable, no matter which position one has on the ethics of drug use. Just think of the misallocation of funds (I remember reading somewhere that nearly 6% of global GDP is in drug supply and use, none of which is taxed and much of which ends up in hands dirtier than the government's, and certainly a lot of which reflects unnecessary, risk-derived costs to the users), Human Resources (black markets, dealing, smuggling, early death, violence, and their associated costs), trust (many people that I know have had their trust in the police and the government undermined by drug-related events, which is not a good thing when it comes to legitimate government initiatives and services), health-related consequences (much of drug-related harms stem from adulterants and inflated prices), political and societal focus (essentially focusing attention on problems that don't need to exist and which take attention away from more important topics).

There are a number of good books on the topic for those who are skeptical:

Drugs without the hot air by David Nutt (previous chairman of the United Kingdom's Advisory Committee on the Misuse of Drugs)
Chasing the scream by Johann Hari (serious investigative journalist)
Drugged: The science and culture behind psychotropic drugs, by R. J. Miller (Pharmacology professor)
Drugs and Rights by Douglas Husak (Philosophy professor)

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:23:11 PM

Some people have naturally bad manners and are inconsiderate of others. Give them access to drugs easily and it's bad news. Keep them herded in a fair society and all is well. At the end of the day humans must be herded in some way, otherwise there is no order anywhere, no hierarchy. It's within our DNA to have a social hierarchy. Drugs like cocaine and MDMA artificially effects one's social level, which can lead to disaster as addicts are easily created and "believe" that they are higher status than they are. It would lead to the downfall of civilization.

A better proposal is to have an exam, and those that pass it will have have access to any drugs they choose. The exam would require a written component where the taker would need to recite some common sense reasons as to why drug addiction would be bad. It would also have a basic biochemistry component so the taker would understand the chemical process of addiction. Like a driving license that is easily revoked for breaking the road rules, so too the drug license will be easily revoked if you take too much of something and make an idiot of yourself in public.

Absolute drug legalization for everyone would spell disaster. Some drugs like marijuana and psychedelics could be legalized however since they don't generally lead to bad behavior, but hopefully insights and can also be used for therapeutic purposes.
GentelMe

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:35:42 PM

Drug liberalization refers to the process of reducing or even eliminating the prohibition of drugs. Liberalization may consist of decriminalization of drugs or legalization of drugs
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:35:07 AM

I voted not all, because what you make legal, probably big pharma companies are going to take and market with some really cool ads making you want to buy them and not emphasizing how harmful they are or can be. Also, I think it would be a good idea to have a "drug license" (like a drivers licence) that you get by going through training and education about different drugs so you are trained how to use them and know what could happen if you abuse them. And age limit of course.

Also, what about smart drugs? One blog post I read said that the first country that starts giving smart drugs to their people for free will get the most benefits as all of their people will be able to do better work, to focus more and be smarter. I like this idea, but I don't think it will really happen ever Smiley

If the drugs are used in medication no doubt that governments of each country legalize it, but if the drugs are like cocaine, mariwana, heroine or extacy pills I was not favorable on that. Because if the people abuse using that it gives craziness to them and many people are becoming violent, so I was big "NO to DRUGS". There's no reason to used illegal drugs because more people are going into death when they over used it.

Even how smart country used it, they were always sending advisory regarding abusing of using this drugs. For example Marijuana the good and bad effect of this drugs I refer the link below:

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana-medicine

cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:50:17 AM

My vote is yes, for those over 18 years of age. I think all drugs should be available over the counter. Instead of creating black markets for drugs, why not have it open market and just propagandize the dangers?

---
Edit1:
Wow. That's a pretty even split in votes. We're at 2/2/2!  Shocked

Edit2: 20 / 14 / 17. Legalization of all drugs is winning. Noice.

If you're talking about that illegal drugs then I will say this to you:

Are you nuts? May we know where you from? Have you ever been into other countries? Have you ever notice that it was one of the reasons why we're having a great poverty in many places and now you're suggesting to make it legal? For what purpose dude? 

Maybe you're a user that's why you're proposing this kind of shits. You're just thinking of yourself. Drugs won't do nothing good even if your a workaholic and says that it help you energized. That's a bullshit reasoning. Try going here in the PHILIPPINES and make that proposal to our government. I hope they wouldn't laugh at you.

Drugs are only used with prescriptions and just for medications making it all legal will be such a foolishness.
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:11:23 PM

not regulating, and legalization of some drugs kill people. even legal drug when improperly used can kill people what more the addictive ones
vina.lugtu

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:59:28 AM

I am against it. I have a family who was addicted to drugs, it will never do any good. Please stop using it. He is my uncle and our family loved him. We do all our best to help him but his addiction is so severe that he will steal from anyone just to buy drugs. He got convicted for doing that and still suffering from his poor choices in life. He chose drugs and look what happened to him.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:30:30 AM

My vote is yes, for those over 18 years of age. I think all drugs should be available over the counter. Instead of creating black markets for drugs, why not have it open market and just propagandize the dangers?

---
Edit1:

If you're talking about that illegal drugs then I will say this to you:

Are you nuts? May we know where you from? Have you ever been into other countries? Have you ever notice that it was one of the reasons why we're having a great poverty in many places and now you're suggesting to make it legal? For what purpose dude? 

Maybe you're a user that's why you're proposing this kind of shits. You're just thinking of yourself. Drugs won't do nothing good even if your a workaholic and says that it help you energized. That's a bullshit reasoning. Try going here in the PHILIPPINES and make that proposal to our government. I hope they wouldn't laugh at you.

Drugs are only used with prescriptions and just for medications making it all legal will be such a foolishness.

Correct because our government is against in drugs specially our President with tag line of "My God I Hate Drugs". We all know what is the effect of drugs to a person specially if it was addicted if this illegal drugs will be legalized i think more people would be going insane because illegal drugs wont doing good in our health.
FacelessCrypto

Activity: 539
Merit: 105

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:20:36 PM

If you make speed easy to get: every eg junior doctor and every lorry driver will end up having to take it in order to compete.
And dope: the prozzers will all be forced to take it, and factory workers will all take it.

Thumbs up!

Sorry, mine is no.

Well it will be nice if you also put why you think so 😉 religious reasons or something else?

Jerusareth

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:43:46 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 03:55:54 PM by Jerusareth

---
Edit1:

It seems to me that you're an addict(sorry for that), really.

I respect your opinion but I will never ever agree in legalization of illegal drugs.

It was made illegal not only because someone wants it to be like that or whatsoever, illegal drugs are once consider regular drugs like others before because I believe that it has a sole purpose to enhance and treat some of our human anatomy but people tend to abused it for their so called 'Recreational drugs' and we all know that continuous usage of this illegal substance affects the way the user's think that can increase the chance of them committing crimes to others. So it's like you are voting also for an increase crime rate. Anything in this world that is too much is bad even love(lol).

nmalisa

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

If you need website, just ask for info..

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 04:03:49 PM

This i big question and depend of definition 2 questions .
 1. WHAT is consider like DRUG's ? 
 2. What is Medical Drug for medical purpose ? 

If we can classified that 2 question all other is ease ..
But we are living in that society that is ease for manipulation, where people believe in propaganda and media (and that part is ease for create opinion what is necessary for ban some good thing.. )

Big problem is people in gavrement who work for them selfie not for good of people.
colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:58:04 PM

for me my answer is yes. but it should go under some precociousnary measure before it can be miss used by other younh which will have  use it to harm their self.
SHBlizzard

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:29:33 PM

Decriminalize all drug users, instead of jail, send them to rehab - similar to what Portugal has done
weed should be legalized sold and taxed, cultivation should be legal to all over age of 18 but non accredited grower cannot distribute (like tomatoes, your neighbor is not legally allowed to bag and sell tomatoes with several licenses) Cannabis does not need to be chemically processed by a cartel or by some nutjob in a basement before being usable. simply put it is the fruit of the plant just like lemons apples, tomatoes or whatever else you can think of.

On the other hand, opiods, coke, mdma, etc... are all chemically processed on way or another. those drugs should not be legalized, those should be decriminalized for nonviolent users of those drugs and have rehab instead of jail. maybe a relocation/jobs program to help those with drug addiction be in a new environment away from their old stomping ground.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:38:14 PM
Merited by bones261 (2)

---
Edit1:

It seems to me that you're an addict(sorry for that), really.

I respect your opinion but I will never ever agree in legalization of illegal drugs.

It was made illegal not only because someone wants it to be like that or whatsoever, illegal drugs are once consider regular drugs like others before because I believe that it has a sole purpose to enhance and treat some of our human anatomy but people tend to abused it for their so called 'Recreational drugs' and we all know that continuous usage of this illegal substance affects the way the user's think that can increase the chance of them committing crimes to others. So it's like you are voting also for an increase crime rate. Anything in this world that is too much is bad even love(lol).

You don't know what you're talking about. Drugs were made illegal for political reasons and power games. Most of them were even known to have positive effects and to be far superior to what pharma shits out today to keep people in perpetual need to "treatment".
It's quite interesting that people are still completely brainwashed to this day despite the internet being a thing and research papers being freely accessible.

Also, your crime argument is backwards. Drug crimes exist because drugs were made illegal, which creates a multi billion dollar black market. If drugs were legal there would be no need for a black market, and drug crime and gang violence would disappear virtually over night.
Mainman08

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:01:25 PM

For me no. Legalization of drug will make the life of drug addicts more easier. They can buy drugs anytime anywhere. And our society will be more dangerous because of drug addicts.
taipe_linsi

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:38:41 PM

In my opinion, just as we enter a well that is full of mines, if it continues to be used, a bright future will not reach us, drugs will keep us from our own families.
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:54:11 AM

Drug addicts can find ways to buy drugs even if its illegal. This should never happen. They will become worst when it became legal. Why would drugs be legal anyway? The risk is so high and there is nothing to gain on this even on the long run. Drug Lords and addicts are just using sick people as an excuse for their own sake. They don't realize public safety and just want to be rich. Maybe we should think about that first. Good thing majority of the people are against it.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:58:27 AM

---
Edit1:

I doubt it will come to reality taking illegal drugs could harm ones life. I have an idea that could save the urge to take drugs but will take lots of funds to lose just to save those who's in need. There should be certain facilities that legalize any kind of drugs in that domain or area only.

Have room for each individual to prevent further damage to anyone who are nearby.

However this idea is absurd and illogical to the government since they don't care to such people in need i do think it is cause it will only damage the economy of one's nation to implement this kind of thing although this could be possible only little by little of building those ideas I'm sure im not the only one that thinks this way.
mrdrumspin

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:47:14 PM

i think it shuld be lealised. when the first generations of people start dying on the street people will realise they dont want to end up like that and stop doing it. its educational to have junkies out on the street. if you saw a junkie that has no teeth, that is homeless and hungry and crazy, before you took any hard drug you'd know where it can and will take you. as a substance enthusiast i have come to conclude that not all substances are ment for human consumption so maybe we shuld just let evolution run its course. the ones that want to inject toilette cleaning chems into them shuld be shown how it begins, how it is and how it ends. it's all fun and games until somebody you know dies. but hey, that is no reason to ban everything. governments are "protecting people" and "acting responsibly" so that people dont have to be responsibile themselves i think it's a wrong approach. but hey, weed is  almost legal now, who cares. BANNING DRUGS IN PUBLIC PLACES ON THE OTHER HAND IS A MUST. i dont want people snorting cocaine and shooting heroin or doing crystal meth in the street or a regular day cafe, just like i dont want them urinating on the street or having sex, or any other similar actions that are ment for your own privacy of your own four walls.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:01:48 PM

Some of the drugs, especially natural ones should be available legally to the ones with legal age. Synthetic durgs are dangerous, they are created to get rid of seriously strong viruses, bacteria & cancer cells. Or to get an advantage against an enemy in war. They shouldn't be handled by street dealers. Legalize it all the way and keep the synthetic ones in hospitals.

Right now, there isn't any regulations that are effective, no matter what they do, people are still selling drugs to minors in schools, which is way more dangerous.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: