Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:41:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ~BTC in Medical Industry  (Read 3468 times)
Nightmare0619 (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:31:00 AM

Is it possible someday that Medical Hospitals accept BTC as a payment for Hospital bills and other fees??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ClutchThese

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:32:25 AM

Is it possible someday that Medical Hospitals accept BTC as a payment for Hospital bills and other fees??

Anything's possible, so ya.

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3834

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:35:16 AM

Theoretically, of course it is possible. Based on one website I've checked, there's only one hospital in the united states that accepts bitcoin[1]. Expect it to take time for more hospitals to accept bitcoin though, as they're most likely spending more time on some other things than wasting time for bitcoin payment channels as bitcoin currently isn't even widely used in the United States yet (I think).

[1] http://spendbitcoins.com/places/c/hospitals/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Nightmare0619 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:41:18 AM

Theoretically, of course it is possible. Based on one website I've checked, there's only one hospital in the united states that accepts bitcoin[1]. Expect it to take time for more hospitals to accept bitcoin though, as they're most likely spending more time on some other things than wasting time for bitcoin payment channels as bitcoin currently isn't even widely used in the United States yet (I think).

[1] http://spendbitcoins.com/places/c/hospitals/

Ofcourse it will improve billing transactions of medical hospitals. But yeah, you're right improvement in medical technology will come first it will save more lives. Thanks for your opinion man.
bryson

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:43:16 AM

Of course it's possible but the question is when. Since a lot of hospitals are run by the government it isn't likely that bitcoin will be accepted by hospitals anytime soon. So we just have to hope.
Virman01

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:51:36 AM

it may be possible along with the future and technology in the future. but I am a bit wondering what would happen if payments use bitcoin in an emergency and we have to wait for slow bitcoin confirmation. is this efficient?
argiyan.tri

Activity: 271
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:52:42 AM

if for now it may still be difficult. but it could be in the future that can be terlisasikan. but before all that happens it would be better the system is more improved.
iryboy

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:54:46 AM

Yes thats possible, few months back I heard a Pakistani hospital is accepting PAKCOIN as payments, indirectly it is accepting bitcoin as you can exchange bitcoin for pakcoin. Maybe some other hospitals already accepting bitcoins.

Nightmare0619 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:58:58 AM

Of course it's possible but the question is when. Since a lot of hospitals are run by the government it isn't likely that bitcoin will be accepted by hospitals anytime soon. So we just have to hope.

Im hoping too man, maybe not all in the government will oppose in the implementation of btc since it will help improve our industries and more importantly its for the benefit of all.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:00:17 AM

Of course this can happen very soon and it takes a long time for this to happen because if the health sector accepts Bitcoin, many other industries will accept Bitcoin. I think the government should legalize Bitcoin so this will happen very soon and we can pay without using cash.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
ShiroThe5th

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:00:58 AM

Yes it is And really helps the patient and their relatives to pay for the hospital bill. Bitcoin is really helps the medical industry and also to other industry. Bitcoin is really improving and i hope someday it will evolve and be part of the world industry not only in marketing, also in many industry.
Nightmare0619 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:08:55 AM

it may be possible along with the future and technology in the future. but I am a bit wondering what would happen if payments use bitcoin in an emergency and we have to wait for slow bitcoin confirmation. is this efficient?

I think btc system will still improve in the coming years and it will be more efficient in many ways that will benefit us all.
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:14:35 AM

Yes it is possible. Although i don't know if it will be implemented in many hospitals for slow transactions and big fees might be a problem and the volatility of bitcoin might be one of the issue.
Also one of the issue or problem that i see in this is the government, for some hospitals are controlled by government so i think that if ever it is implemented, mostly would be in private hospitals.

tranduc2101

Activity: 333

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:25:40 AM

Is not possible because if the blockchain network is experiencing unexpected problems, the transaction will be stopped, this greatly affects the payment of hospital fees. And it's a lot of risk coming to Bitcoin's price, so this will not be a good choice.

RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:32:33 AM

It would be great if they do. Since with that, anyone with bitcoin will have access to medical services without restrictions as sometimes cashing in your BTC will have limits in exchanges. I hope there comes an ICO that specializes in health care packages using their token as payment.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:39:23 AM

Hi there Nightmare0619! It is not far from impossible, as of today there are numerous company from different industries that accept bitcoin and other crypto as a payment. The latest news that I have heard is the Oakland home seller which offering house for cryptocurrency. The four-bedroom, two-bath, recently remodeled house not far from the Oakland Zoo is listed at $55 BTC. Thus hospitals and medical equipment and medicine is not far could be purchase in bitcoins.  Wink
tahmad

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:57:40 AM

Yea it's possible for bitcoin to use as payment. But, seeing that now bitcoin have big fees and slow speed transaction, I think this is not efficient.
But, an altcoin that have low fees and fast transaction speed will be more possible to use as payment
luigidosado

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:03:21 AM

This idea is theoretically possible. There are a lot of projects from other cryptos that focuses on how they can develop the medical industry. If bitcoin really wants to expand their potential and their power, I think that getting involve in the medical industry is one of the best move they can make. A lot of ICOs specializes in this one but I've never seen a successful one yet. I think that the success of this idea will depend on how the medical industry support these kind of projects.

trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:09:31 AM

There is possible ways to do that because accepting payment is not a big deal. Because payments can be accepted as long as they contain some value and payment processors can be kept in place to make them accept bitcoin or any other crypto.

However this is same thing as other industries in the world where they want to accept the bitcoin as mode of payment but it's the government regulations that prohibits the whole thing from happening in the reality.

It's not about whether the hospital wants to accept the payment in bitocin mode or not, but it's about the legality issues and regulations.

If the regulations allows you to accept the payment in crypto form and you got sufficient customers then you can obviously go for it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:51:29 AM

It isn't a long way from unthinkable, starting last year there are various organization from various businesses that acknowledge bitcoin and other crypto as payment.  In this way hospital facilities and medicines isn't far could be buy in bitcoins. As I remember when some hospital was been hacked due to the ransom wares last year, the hackers have asked bitcoin as a payment in exchange to the hospitals records. But I hope that hospitals don't see bitcoins as form of currency for illegal activities but could also be used in good way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: