Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:07:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinLenders Script :: Bitcoin Bank (Borrow+Deposit) Software :: Demo Available  (Read 111134 times)
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:42:17 PM

Hi all,

I am surprised that more people have not lodged complaints against his trust score.

Many argue he's paid theymos to maintain such a trust level.
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:48:12 PM

I am surprised that more people have not lodged complaints against his trust score.

Won't do any good.  TF is on the default trust list through inheritance.
Very few members on the default trust list have given him negative rating over this incident.
Most of our ratings of him will have no impact since we are not trusted by someone on the default trust list.

Now you know what sheep being led into the shearing shed feel like. 

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:51:33 PM

Hi all,

Many argue he's paid theymos to maintain such a trust level.
Very likely he has blackmailed or paid him or something along those lines.
Someone who is used to "pentest without authorization" suddenly gets a positive feedback from site admin for "responsibly disclosing security vulnerabilities"? Yeah, sure.
"Give me positive feedback or I'll hack your forum" is more likely, and more in-line with the profile.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
ChaosFox

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:57:55 PM

The trust rating issue has been fixed, it seems. Now he rightfully has a trust rating of -168. I don't think I've ever seen someone with such a low trust rating on the forums before, and certainly not without a SCAMMER title. Not that it would do much good right now, anyway...

Look! An ad-free signature!
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 04:27:10 PM

So much bullshit, FML
ittyBTCy

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:02:03 PM

Since you held your account, yes. Arbitrarily deciding a cut off date.. is arbitrarily.

Question, this is all fine for CL account holders, but I don't have a balance in my CL account. My funds are still tied in the BTCINVEST shares; any word for how that's going to be resolved? I've sent an email, but haven't heard back in a couple weeks.
mobile

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:28:06 PM

At the end of the day, "shouting" just creates noise.
For what its worth, lets keep a sound mind gentlemen...

Keep a sound mind about what?  That some of us are being told to go fuck ourselves by TradeFortress without so much as an apology?  We knew this could happen going into it, but that doesn't mean we have to be happy about scammers doing their scamming when they do it.  I've had my own personal rant and moved on and made my peace.  All I can hope for now is for some justice someday.  I care about that much more than a few coins.
Watching the market spike at $900 & having negative BTC left me in a state of  despair. Having waited so long for that moment only to be a by stander versus a trader. I feel you brother, I am in the same boat as you.

I wrote that "in the moment" but its like this, a sound & clear mind with a focused discussion hopefully leading up to viable plans of actions. I believe these actions would best be spent in "supporting" TF to make the best decisions (ie: reclaim lent money, sell off of assets,organization etc). Let me be understood, I believe this thread is still in good health, I know that it could be much more bitter & malevolent. I sure most of us have this thread here on watch but its a good example of productive and out of the box approach by organizing everything. Not sure I agree on the legal action.

I think what I meant by a sound mind But one could make the analogy of a pilot that has lost control of a plane. It would be in everyone's best interest to not storm the cockpit and completely inundate the pilot with request, threats & general panic. A sound & clear mind would allow us optimal probability of survival.
**disclaimer: I do believe the majority of the posts in here are mature & the discussion in general is healthy. perhaps this post is small talk then.

We Assessed that the plane is crashing & death could be imminent, we start to form a Plan of action which is the best solution for the best outcome. This could be supporting the pilot so that he can do his job & then weImplement these plans of action. versus cultivating a noisy / threatening environment (suing a 20 year old guy that probably does not have any offline assets available to settle a lawsuit).

I may be going out on a limb by saying all this (especially with my weak analogy) but I know, I know we are dealing with peoples money here & shi* gets intense, real quick. Again, going out on a limb, I do not believe that TF is a scammer, I dont buy it. I do believe that in the momentum of it all, he slipped up and was immediately exploited thus we all are suffering the ill effects of any carelessness. Even if you think that TF is a scammer. Still the clear mind & focused discussion leading to an effort may have the most beneficial approach (again, the majority seems to be well focused). Call me naive, call me desensitized & numb from it all, call it what you want. But I do know that in a "Disaster response" situation, we all have to filter & not contribute to any noisy artifacts...in essence drama. Perhaps, Ill vouch and say that getting the Fed involved and taking this guy to court is an artifact, a tough guy mentality that is a dispense of energy. Maybe I will be proved wrong, maybe the community is stronger offline then i think but I feel this will only complicate matters. this post ran on longer then intended. im trying to bring my own self back to earth after all this and think outside the box.

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:38:32 PM

^^^ - In keeping with your analogy, the problem we have is that our pilot seems less concerned with saving the plane and as many passengers as possible as he is with strapping on his golden parachute.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 09:24:08 PM

gaston909

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:26:41 PM

ouch.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:31:39 PM

The trust rating issue has been fixed, it seems. Now he rightfully has a trust rating of -168. I don't think I've ever seen someone with such a low trust rating on the forums before, and certainly not without a SCAMMER title. Not that it would do much good right now, anyway...
FINALLY!
why didn't the mods flag him as a scammer before?
why was the negative feedback removed? I'd be very surprised if the forum mods were "blackmailed" or anything like that...
thisisgil

Activity: 173

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:37:15 AM

Can we perhaps nominate someone to liaise directly with TF on our behalf?

The reason I ask is because I'm refraining from emailing at the moment as I realise that TF is probably flooded and the last thing any of us need is to cause him to have a nervous breakdown - therefore, I'm sort of backing off a little bit to avoid adding to the trauma. HOWEVER - if I keep a low profile and then find out that I'm not due anything back because I didn't make enough noise quickly enough, I will not be particularly happy.

Therefore, can't we just have one elected guy in constant communication with TF, who we know will act in a trustworthy and even-handed way so as to productively work with TF rather than spooking him with threats of legal action? It really seems that we might get more down towards a full resolution that way, particularly as TF won't be spending a chunk of his time answering the same question over and over again in the multitude of emails he's no doubt being bombarded with....

Mother of no children. Part-time idiot. Full-time douche.
Kouye

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:47:15 AM

Can we perhaps nominate someone to liaise directly with TF on our behalf?

The reason I ask is because I'm refraining from emailing at the moment as I realise that TF is probably flooded and the last thing any of us need is to cause him to have a nervous breakdown - therefore, I'm sort of backing off a little bit to avoid adding to the trauma. HOWEVER - if I keep a low profile and then find out that I'm not due anything back because I didn't make enough noise quickly enough, I will not be particularly happy.

Therefore, can't we just have one elected guy in constant communication with TF, who we know will act in a trustworthy and even-handed way so as to productively work with TF rather than spooking him with threats of legal action? It really seems that we might get more down towards a full resolution that way, particularly as TF won't be spending a chunk of his time answering the same question over and over again in the multitude of emails he's no doubt being bombarded with....

As far as I beleive, he will only refund the most verbose/threatening people.
Which is a very usual way to walk away clean after a successful scam.
So either be one of them or hit yourself with a whip in silence.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:48:20 AM

More then a few victims of TradeFortress's fraud have contacted me privately about how to pursue them.  I'll just post my advice here publically.

The Securities and Exchange Commission has filed a civil suit against Trendon Shavers for a similar issue so they are certainly interested in the subject.  Trendon Shavers is a US citizen.  I don't know TF or where he lives bu if he defrauded US citizens the US can go after him.

The best advice I can give you is call or email this guy from the SEC and give him all the details.  If he can't help you maybe he can tell you who can.  And the more of you that file a complaint and the more total money lost the more likely they will pursue it.

Good luck.

Philip Moustakis
Senior Attorney
Division of Enforcement
United States Securities & Exchange Commission
3 World Financial Center, Suite 400,
New York, NY 10281-1022
(212) 336-0542
moustakisp@sec.gov
gotpetum

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:20:55 AM

Yes, it's important that we ask for the SEC for as much protection as possible. With any luck, they'll establish enough hurdles so that this can never happen again. And by this, I mean bitcoin. /s

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." ― David M. Friedman
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:30:37 AM

If there is no consequence to defrauding people like this, then it will happen again and again.

We have seen this happen again and again in bitcoin

mybitcoin
bitcoinica
bitfloor ( I know he gave cash back but did he give bitcoin back??)
Pirateat40
Tradefortress.

gotpetum

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:43:37 AM

We have seen this happen again and again in bitcoin

Indeed. You should really do something about it, but be creative. "The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations."

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." ― David M. Friedman
Kouye

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:58:31 AM

All that, or TF is smarter than you all think, and he's never set foot in Australia.

He might have just built a bread crumb trail over a couple years to set this up.
Couple years "work" for a $2millions+ reward is probably worth it.

As a reminder, using fake IPs and fake IDs is so easy your grandma could do it without a manual.

If you want the truth, either hire some internet skilled PI, or let your local administration raise the issue to whatever level it takes to catch him.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 02:44:08 AM

All that, or TF is smarter than you all think, and he's never set foot in Australia.

He might have just built a bread crumb trail over a couple years to set this up.
Couple years "work" for a $2millions+ reward is probably worth it.

As a reminder, using fake IPs and fake IDs is so easy your grandma could do it without a manual.

If you want the truth, either hire some internet skilled PI, or let your local administration raise the issue to whatever level it takes to catch him.

I know inputs.io was a member of the Bitcoin Foundation.
Maybe they have TF's real identity?

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:54:14 AM

Ask yourself...how many people would want to go from being in power and control of people's money, to having more money yourself that's stolen, and losing power and security becuase you're being tracked down by people for your theft.

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: