Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:03:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinLenders Script :: Bitcoin Bank (Borrow+Deposit) Software :: Demo Available  (Read 111131 times)
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:01:21 AM

Ask yourself...how many people would want to go from being in power and control of people's money, to having more money yourself that's stolen, and losing power and security becuase you're being tracked down by people for your theft.

I'll try a guess.
99.7% ?

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:08:03 AM

Ask yourself...how many people would want to go from being in power and control of people's money, to having more money yourself that's stolen, and losing power and security becuase you're being tracked down by people for your theft.
I'll try a guess.
99.7% ?

The sad thing is, the potential was there to make so much more...   Now that's been thrown away.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:09:45 AM

I'll try a guess.
99.7% ?

enjoy the thread. bye

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:10:49 AM

All that, or TF is smarter than you all think, and he's never set foot in Australia.

He might have just built a bread crumb trail over a couple years to set this up.
Couple years "work" for a $2millions+ reward is probably worth it.

As a reminder, using fake IPs and fake IDs is so easy your grandma could do it without a manual.

If you want the truth, either hire some internet skilled PI, or let your local administration raise the issue to whatever level it takes to catch him.

The Australian press had no problem finding him and interviewing him on the phone.
qbitx

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:20:45 AM

Sent TF an e-mail with no reply still...
My offer was essentially - If you owe CL users X BTC, and you only have Y available - You should give everyone (Their balance)*(Y/X) BTC.  It's really as simple as that.  If the issue is that there are a lot of funds loaned out, then give people two options ... the first would be exactly what I said above... and the second would be to wait for a few months for the loaned funds to be returned.  Then after the few months, he'll have Z funds now and whoever chose the second option will get (Their balance)*(Z/X) ... with 'X' being updated based on the number of people who were paid out with the first option.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but at this point it is very clear that this was a scam.
Many people on the forums have requested numbers - He has provided none except that Inputs IO '4100BTC' number.  I've requested very specific statistics in e-mail inquiries to no avail as well.  The only reply I got from e-mail was a few weeks ago saying that I'd get a mass e-mail for all CL users.  That never happened.

If someone is in the position of being hacked - I think that they would want to be as transparent as possible to their user base.  It's clear that TF does not have that same philosophy though, seeing as he took a significant amount of time to even report the hack to his users - allowing for more people to create Inputs IO accounts and deposit money into an already-compromised system.

Additionally, TF is being very hush hush - giving some people 100% refunds, while giving other people refunds in the 10-20% ranges based off of the current BTC/USD ratios.  And by 'current' BTC/USD ratios - I mean that he's using the highest BTC/USD ratio from the past few weeks to make sure that he's giving away as few BTC as possible.

It's a simple application of Occam's Razor - "Among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected.".  It seems to me that it requires a lot fewer assumptions to arrive at the hypothesis that TF is being deceptive... at least compared to the number of assumptions that you'd have to make to explain his behaviors when dealing with a so-called legitimate 'hack'.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.  I'd like to be proven wrong - but I don't see it happening.  It's rather disheartening to see that my first attempt at 'investing' BTC resulted in a pretty hefty 100% loss of funds.  I guess the only real way to 'invest' in BTC at this point would be to put some in a paper wallet and forget about it for a few years.  Smiley
tehelsper

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:27:16 AM

Can we perhaps nominate someone to liaise directly with TF on our behalf?

The reason I ask is because I'm refraining from emailing at the moment as I realise that TF is probably flooded and the last thing any of us need is to cause him to have a nervous breakdown - therefore, I'm sort of backing off a little bit to avoid adding to the trauma. HOWEVER - if I keep a low profile and then find out that I'm not due anything back because I didn't make enough noise quickly enough, I will not be particularly happy.

Therefore, can't we just have one elected guy in constant communication with TF, who we know will act in a trustworthy and even-handed way so as to productively work with TF rather than spooking him with threats of legal action? It really seems that we might get more down towards a full resolution that way, particularly as TF won't be spending a chunk of his time answering the same question over and over again in the multitude of emails he's no doubt being bombarded with....

I would make sure to email him and get some kind of a response.  He's not dealing with anyone who isn't contacting him.  Not that it will get you any money back.  He told me I get nothing back (which I'm not accepting as the final answer).

He's not dealing with people who do contact him. I've sent him probably 5 E-mails and still have not gotten a response. However, he's probably not responding because I won't settle for less than a large majority of my principal unless he can prove he is defaulting/insolvent. If he truly defaulted he should have to go through bankruptcy proceedings or be charged with fraud and theft.

I feel this is obliviously a scam because he will not disclose the BTC he expecting to receive from outstanding loans and investments, while only settling with people who contact him based on a USD valuation.
bradyon

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

TradeFortress has to pay his debitors

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:31:36 AM

TF, you promised the coinlenders´ problem was going to be handled soon.

Giving some people 10% of their funds is not the way to do that.

Inform us about you plans ASAP!

And by the way, I tried to purchase a CD and the value did not add to my account after it ended.
JackMehoff

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:32:11 AM

I've read the stories here and feel sorry for anyone who has lost money/BTC.

Anyway....Some quick background on us:

We, and not (TF or coinlender) are part of a company with an "Australian Credit Providers Licence" (allows us to provide credit/LOANS) and we would like to make the following commentary to those affected or otherwise by the coinlender saga.

We believe the coinlender business has/had merit, with albeit inept execution/security floors.

For this reason we wish to speak to you that have lost funds using this system, to get your reactions to our request/proposition, before any formal commitment from our end.

As an Australian company we feel that if we can offer our assistance then we will do so.

So here are the initial thought/requests to consider/debate/chat about.

1. We would like to request to negotiate with TF to purchase coinlender/TF database/website and all intellectual property/domains etc and take over management of the current loans.
2. The cost to us will be $0, in fact we want $50,000 or 100 BTC from TF, to buy it and manage it from TF.
3. The $50,000 will be used to a) setup a company owning the intellectual property and b) issue shares in the new company to be split among both our company and that of you that lost money/BTC, along with some funds towards manegemnt of the current/new loans.    
2. TF to work with us for up to say 12 months (at no cost) on an ad hoc basis as needed to benefit the site/business. This will include a shareholding to him at the conclusion of 12 months, if we (collectively) so choose to do so based on his 12 months help.
3. Anyone who has lost funds/BTC will be rewarded by holding shares in the company in some way by using the service again (unsure at this point what that will be, but some form of monetary reward for commitment back to the site. You have to commit, make BTC available to receive shares. (unsure how this will work at this point but just a comment for now)
4. We would keep similar functionality and business concept with some required changes.
5. We are to be provided a complete breakdown by TF as to who has lost what amount so that we can make sure those that have been  affected receive a shareholding.
6. Shareholders to receive dividends prorated each year.  

Could go on forever, but in essence, we will take the inherent risk associated with buying a website/IP with a tarnished name with the acceptance of terms to the above by TF (we are negotiable) but more importantly it must be acceptable to the majority of you.

This by no means stops any action by you against TF for lost BTC, however we are trying to help you move forward in the meantime with this proposal/idea/concept.

PS: We personally do not believe TF is/was a scammer, however that is a moot point at this stage, the important thing is to find a solution to move forward that can benefit all past users/ new users and Bitcoin.

Happy to take questions/ ideas/ comments by any of you or TF.

tehelsper

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:32:25 AM

I'll try a guess.
99.7% ?

I seriously doubt it. My guess would be 5-10% of which TF is a part of. I would much rather run a profitable company than a ridiculously profitable scam which could end me up in prison for the rest of my life.
bradyon

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

TradeFortress has to pay his debitors

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:36:26 AM

Can anybody tell us the meaning of this picture taken from coinlenders´ home page?

qbitx

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:37:29 AM

Can anybody tell us the meaning of this picture taken from coinlenders´ home page?

https://i.imgur.com/MUlcQjJ.jpg

It means that he got his SSL cert at Positive SSL
gene6098

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:38:34 AM

Mail sent, pls reply.

For people who are interested in how the 100% fiat settlement is calculated, here's a worked example:

Deposit 10 BTC on Sep 29th, considered $1430 deposited
Withdraw 1 BTC on Oct 2nd, considered $127 withdrawn
Deposit 1 BTC on Oct 16th, considered $154 deposited

Added together: 1430-127+154=$1457

The $1457 figure would be your re-denominated balance if you choose to accept, which is ~100% of the fiat value. Payment would be made in BTC using the latest MtGox ask.

Update

The situation is I'm facing extreme difficulties in getting most borrowers to honor their obligations - the BTC rally doesn't help. To name a few that have been impossible to reach (when talking about their debt):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=70557
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=17548
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=70541
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35121

(Borrowers can deposit to CL via BTC address).

Many security issuers like CreativeX have gone missing, but thankfully in the past days Deprived and arij came back, and Crypto-Trade divs have been successfully paid on their own exchange. ASICMINER isn't doing well which is the collateral for many (defaulted) loans.

The reason why there's no email update is that I'm primarily waiting for other people that are not responsive, which results in having to pass on the non-responsiveness. All of CL's liquid coins were stored on Inputs and what's remaining are debts and assets that took a significant wipe (we still have borrowers that are communicative, thank you!, but the BTC rally is definitely hurting them and us, especially modification proposals).

I cannot find any communication from TradeFortress
I have not borrowed anything from coinlenders
TradeFortress or coinlenders may have purchased graet.loan on bitfunder - but I do not have a list of holders.
as explained in the graet.loan thread I was able to redeem graet.loan when only 1 ort 2 people at at time asked. Since the changes at BitFunder I have been flooded with requests and am unable to fulfill them all.

People that did due diligence know the aim of graet.loan was to be mainly repaid by mid 2014 - I am making arrangements to be able to continue with that goal in mind after bitfunder closes

Is this not your email? graet@ozco.in
shangata

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:23:05 AM

I REALLY whis this would be possible in any way.
I think the effort would be worth it and the site would have many users after a while.
Just thinking about that a "demo" site already had so many btc in it. A licensed run site would be able to manage a lot more and get a lot more users working with it.
Anyway TF is just not willing to give any detail on anything within CL so far. This is just sad. He could have done much better using a real id and holding his head up!

..instead..THIS mess is what we are all in now..in need to decide if we are leaving with about 10% of a partly big and still growing investment..

We, and not (TF or coinlender) are part of a company with an "Australian Credit Providers Licence" (allows us to provide credit/LOANS) and we would like to make the following commentary to those affected or otherwise by the coinlender saga.

We believe the coinlender business has/had merit, with albeit inept execution/security floors.

For this reason we wish to speak to you that have lost funds using this system, to get your reactions to our request/proposition, before any formal commitment from our end.

As an Australian company we feel that if we can offer our assistance then we will do so.

1. We would like to request to negotiate with TF to purchase coinlender/TF database/website and all intellectual property/domains etc and take over management of the current loans.
2. The cost to us will be $0, in fact we want $50,000 or 100 BTC from TF, to buy it and manage it from TF.
3. The $50,000 will be used to a) setup a company owning the intellectual property and b) issue shares in the new company to be split among both our company and that of you that lost money/BTC, along with some funds towards manegemnt of the current/new loans.    
2. TF to work with us for up to say 12 months (at no cost) on an ad hoc basis as needed to benefit the site/business. This will include a shareholding to him at the conclusion of 12 months, if we (collectively) so choose to do so based on his 12 months help.
3. Anyone who has lost funds/BTC will be rewarded by holding shares in the company in some way by using the service again (unsure at this point what that will be, but some form of monetary reward for commitment back to the site. You have to commit, make BTC available to receive shares. (unsure how this will work at this point but just a comment for now)
4. We would keep similar functionality and business concept with some required changes.
5. We are to be provided a complete breakdown by TF as to who has lost what amount so that we can make sure those that have been  affected receive a shareholding.

Could go on forever, but in essence, we will take the inherent risk associated with buying a website/IP with a tarnished name with the acceptance of terms to the above by TF (we are negotiable) but more importantly it must be acceptable to the majority of you.

This by no means stops any action by you against TF for lost BTC, however we are trying to help you move forward in the meantime with this proposal/idea/concept.

PS: We personally do not believe TF is/was a scammer, however that is a moot point at this stage, the important thing is to find a solution to move forward that can benefit all past users/ new users and Bitcoin.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 05:34:30 AM

TF, you promised the coinlenders´ problem was going to be handled soon.

Giving some people 10% of their funds is not the way to do that.

Inform us about you plans ASAP!

And by the way, I tried to purchase a CD and the value did not add to my account after it ended.

10% of the funds is ridiculous.
I've worked very hard to gain my 76 BTC coins and I'm not gonna let this person profit from it.

ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 05:36:34 AM

Please provide your email, and cell number so that we can contact you.
I can help to mediate this situation too if needed.
I'm still waiting for my 76 BTC to be returned by TF and it would be a shame if CL was to close down due to hacks.

btcplayer

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:40:40 AM

It seems interesting, It might be a solution to the current bad situation. I would support further explore the idea.

JackMehoff

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:51:20 AM

I'm still waiting for my 76 BTC to be returned by TF and it would be a shame if CL was to close down due to hacks.

Hi ninjaboon

I have just provided a forum member with our credit licence details to be confirmed.

At this point Ill ask that that person, once comfortable that he says we are who we say we are, that he state this to the forum.

Please understand i can not just provide a cell phone number and email address over an open forum at this stage.

ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 06:10:27 AM

You can also provide me the credit licence details.
I have friends in Australia to validate it.

Hi ninjaboon

I have just provided a forum member with our credit licence details to be confirmed.

At this point Ill ask that that person, once comfortable that he says we are who we say we are, that he state this to the forum.

Please understand i can not just provide a cell phone number and email address over an open forum at this stage.

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:39:35 AM

The last thing I am going to do is step from one long con into another.
I will no longer do business with anonymous individuals/companies or with any company in which tradefortress is in any way involved. 

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
JackMehoff

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:53:58 AM

The last thing I am going to do is step from one long con into another.
I will no longer do business with anonymous individuals/companies or with any company in which tradefortress is in any way involved. 

Fair call, albeit implying we may be also be a con is a little uncalled for, however understand your resentment due to the past.

All credentials will be happily provided during any due diligence process. 

We are simply looking to provide an alternative way forward that will provide current or past users the opportunity of redemption in some small way. As we are a registered credit lender one would hope that would eventually, if not from the outset, give a little more credence to previous users of the service.

It may be we simply provide a similar service without TF input, there certainly is that option available to us.

However, having the skeleton already built one can understand it makes some sense to use that as the basis of the next operation.

TF...if you are reading, please feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss further, as without your direct input we are not going to get too far with our offering.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: