Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:02:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherium Classic - Callisto airdop 5th of March 2018  (Read 8184 times)
MinhTienback

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:47:27 PM

Can anyone tell me the homepage of Callisto or this hardfork or an official of this project?
This page is true homepage?
https://github.com/EthereumCommonwealth/Roadmap/issues/42
Many thanks!  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n00b2013

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:56:56 PM

Can anyone tell me the homepage of Callisto or this hardfork or an official of this project?
This page is true homepage?
https://github.com/EthereumCommonwealth/Roadmap/issues/42
Many thanks!  Wink

kind of .. why its not being taken seriously Sad they really didnt try here
IamATraderTOO

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:37:28 PM

I dont see it, I dont believe Callisto is going to rise nor ETC because of the Airdrop....for a few reasons

1.) the market sentiment is changing....
2.) callisto is a development project, and there are no intentions that this will be a Main coin, used for buying anything.
3.) Callisto is being used for development /test new features that if successful will be implemented into ETC
4.) If you search for "Callisto Coin" on Google the search results are very low.  399000
5.) Why would we be excited for something that will be used just for test purposes?

Just my thoughts.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:13:21 PM

Going by Callisto whitepaper, the supply is many billions so is huge so do not have high expectations
from that. Overall merket is also not very helpful currently.
-Sinner-

Activity: 224
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:28:47 PM

This last week should be very exciting for ETC speculation.. Seems ETC has now stopped and found a support near 0.00365 btc.. Let's see if it will break 0.004 but i really think we will hit atleast 0.0045 within this last week.

SHIPIT - Send packages. No couriers. Just people. (https://token.shipit.me/?utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=signature)
Veseloff

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:34:47 PM

Tell me please, if I keep Ethereum Classic on the MyEtherWallet wallet with the ETC node, will I get this fork? And when will the accrued?
Can anyone answer the question? Will I receive coins and how can they be seen in my wallet?  Cool

Ab-Soul

Activity: 647
Merit: 500

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:53:39 PM

Tell me please, if I keep Ethereum Classic on the MyEtherWallet wallet with the ETC node, will I get this fork? And when will the accrued?
Can anyone answer the question? Will I receive coins and how can they be seen in my wallet?  Cool
It's same as Ethereum. You need to use the Short name, Contract Address and decimals to import token into your MEW wallet.
Then you'll see your tokens on Ethereum Classic wallet.

▄██▄
          ▄██▀▀██▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██▄
      ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄
    ▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄
  ▄██▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▄██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀
  ███▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀███
▄██▀▀████▀        ▀████▀▀██▄
▀██▄▄████▄        ▄████▄▄██▀
  ███▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄███
▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄
▀██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
  ▀██▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄██▀
    ▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██▀
          ▀██▄▄██▀
            ▀██▀
DAOstack
     ██
    ██
   ██ 
  ██  ███
 ██  █████
██  ███████
 ██  █████
  ██  ███
   ██ 
    ██
     ██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ◆ ◆ ◆  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.COMPLETE TOOLS FOR DECENTRALIZED COLLABORATION AT SCALE.

██
     ██
   █  ██
  ███  ██
 █████  ██
███████  ██
 █████  ██
  ███  ██
   █  ██
     ██
    ██

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████     █▀████████▄
▄██████  ██ █  ▀████████▄
▄████████  ▄▄ █    ▀████████▄
▄██████████  ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▄
▀██████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀
▀██████  ▀▀▀▀▀     █████▀
▀████            ███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄█████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄█████████▀▀▀      █████▄
▄█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████▄
▄████▄         ▄█▀    ██████████▄
▀███████▄    ▄█▀      ██████████▀
▀████████▄█▀       █████████▀
▀████████  ▄     ███████▀
▀██████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀████▄
▄████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
▄██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄██████▄
▄█████████              ████████▄
████████████             ██████████
▀███████████▄          █████████▀
▀█████████▀        ▄████████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:59:02 PM

As was described on https://smartoptions.io/claim-callisto-clo-ethereum-classic-hard-fork/ all wallets with private keys able to get this airdrop. Read and be sure!
Veseloff

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:47:52 PM

As was described on https://smartoptions.io/claim-callisto-clo-ethereum-classic-hard-fork/ all wallets with private keys able to get this airdrop. Read and be sure!

Thank you very much for the information! Sorry, I have not found this article before, now I'm sure that I will get these long-awaited coins!

Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:55:00 PM

It's same as Ethereum. You need to use the Short name, Contract Address and decimals to import token into your MEW wallet.
Then you'll see your tokens on Ethereum Classic wallet.

But if its on separate blockchain, its not token, its mineable coin?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 12:31:19 AM

Going by Callisto whitepaper, the supply is many billions so is huge so do not have high expectations from that.

TLDR: Two significant advantages of a large coin supply are improved price granularity and reduced psychological transaction costs relative to coins with a lower emission and/or higher value.

I heard the same "supply is many billions so is huge so do not have high expectations" naysaying when Cardano was 300 sats.

Instead of listening to the FUD, I listened to my FOMO and backed the truck up. Cool

More people need to understand the interplay of "round number bias" and the psychological costs (IE market friction induced by high cognitive load) of using high priced/low emission coins for small transactions.

How Round Number Bias and Psychological Pricing Affect Your Gains and Spending

You may have partied like it was 1999, but the big celebration was in 2000.  Your shopping cart is consistently full of products with prices ending in “.99”.  Your last salary negotiation involved numbers rounded off to the nearest $5,000 or $10,000.

All of these examples aren’t coincidence – it turns out that there is a round number bias in humans.  Closely related to that, pricing strategies known as psychological pricing or charm pricing have evolved to exploit your penchant for round numbers.

Round Number Bias: Your Brain Likes the ‘0’s

Humans have a round number bias.  It’s been passed onto us by socialization.

Think about it – picking a Base-10 number system was an arbitrary choice.  It was probably an anthropomorphic choice based on the number of fingers the average (fine, modal) human possesses.

However, something in our upbringing – or a combination of numbers and an evolved trait – means we’re just more comfortable with numbers ending with zero.

A large community of people enjoy being able to be Dogecoin millionaires and how much more fun it is tipping each other many 1000s of Doge rather than an equivalent value expressed as a tiny portion of a Bitcoin or Dash.

The objective value transferred is equivalent but the human psychology involved is nothing alike, because giving/receiving a 10,000 Doge tip is a subjectively more satisfying experience than using the equivalent 0.0001 Bitcoin or 0.001 Dash.

These kinds of cognitive artifacts result from brain structures relating to the human mind's sense of numeracy and its subitization engine.

Subitizing is the rapid, accurate, and confident judgments of numbers performed for small numbers of items. The term was coined in 1949 by E.L. Kaufman et al.,[1] and is derived from the Latin adjective subitus (meaning "sudden") and captures a feeling of immediately knowing how many items lie within the visual scene, when the number of items present falls within the subitizing range.[1] Number judgments for larger set-sizes are referred to either as estimating if insufficient time is available for observers to accurately count all the items present, or counting otherwise.

The accuracy, speed, and confidence with which observers make judgments of the number of items are critically dependent on the number of elements to be enumerated. Judgments made for displays composed of around one to four items are rapid,[2] accurate[3] and confident.[4] However, as the number of items to be enumerated increases beyond this amount, judgments are made with decreasing accuracy and confidence.[1] In addition, response times rise in a dramatic fashion, with an extra 250–350 ms added for each additional item within the display beyond about four.[5]

The best work in this space has been done our revered Professor Szabo.

His conclusion is neatly summarized by one of our favorite Bitcoin memes:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

One source of objection to high emission coins comes from reckoning using the metaphor of a publicly traded company's stock share structure.  Stocks with a very high number of shares are considered diluted, usually due to having many rounds of share issuance to raise capital after several unprofitable quarters/years.

The market sees stock buybacks and corresponding share issuance reduction as a sign of a strong company; investors like there to be fewer shares because the stock price may move up more easily due to reduced liquidity (recall that prices are set on the margin).

This metaphor may be of some use when considering coins that actually behave with shared characteristics comparable to a publicly traded company's stock, where 1 coin and 1 share equal 1 vote, such as Decred and Cardano.

But the metaphor breaks down when it's taken into account that the number of coins in a cryptocurrency's present/total emission is arbitrary.  IE, a Bitcoin is just an arbitrary number of satoshis and the number of atomic units may be limited artificially or as a result of the fundamental capacity of the 64-bit memory address space.

A coin's architect must make these design decisions despite the fact they are somewhat akin to picking magic numbers and after launch fairly 'set in stone' because of social contract considerations.

The coin's architect is thus faced with picking these magic numbers based on what has/hasn't worked for previous coins and their own taste (IE intuition).  The market then decides if the architect has good or bad taste in magic numbers (IE fundamental parameters).

The market's decision doesn't happen in a vacuum and depends on if the coin's emission/nomenclature parameters are a good fit for its intended/actual use cases.

Thus for Bitcoin, which is destined to become high-powered super money, a relatively low total emission of 21e6 is perfect.

But for other coins, which naturally fulfill lessor/supporting roles as mere mediums of exchange, a far lower per-unit value is desirable as a way to leverage our visually oriented brains' (and resultant cultures') highly optimized, low cognitive load pathways for subitization and mental calculation.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Manc89

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:43:39 AM

Read it on some  thread here or another site that it will cause Etherium Classic to go
towards $100 possibly into this event. May play out similar to the big gains in NXT leading to
IGNIS airdrop or not.

Ignis airdrop is fail project airdrop because the price of nxt dump very bad after airdrop.
The nxt price is temporary high and not like bitcoin when bitcoincash fork.
I think this the reason of etc goes up but be careful about the price will be down after airdrop.
financialfreedomcj

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:55:28 AM

Going by Callisto whitepaper, the supply is many billions so is huge so do not have high expectations from that.

TLDR: Two significant advantages of a large coin supply are improved price granularity and reduced psychological transaction costs relative to coins with a lower emission and/or higher value.

I heard the same "supply is many billions so is huge so do not have high expectations" naysaying when Cardano was 300 sats.

Instead of listening to the FUD, I listened to my FOMO and backed the truck up. Cool

More people need to understand the interplay of "round number bias" and the psychological costs (IE market friction induced by high cognitive load) of using high priced/low emission coins for small transactions.

How Round Number Bias and Psychological Pricing Affect Your Gains and Spending

You may have partied like it was 1999, but the big celebration was in 2000.  Your shopping cart is consistently full of products with prices ending in “.99”.  Your last salary negotiation involved numbers rounded off to the nearest $5,000 or $10,000.

All of these examples aren’t coincidence – it turns out that there is a round number bias in humans.  Closely related to that, pricing strategies known as psychological pricing or charm pricing have evolved to exploit your penchant for round numbers.

Round Number Bias: Your Brain Likes the ‘0’s

Humans have a round number bias.  It’s been passed onto us by socialization.

Think about it – picking a Base-10 number system was an arbitrary choice.  It was probably an anthropomorphic choice based on the number of fingers the average (fine, modal) human possesses.

However, something in our upbringing – or a combination of numbers and an evolved trait – means we’re just more comfortable with numbers ending with zero.

A large community of people enjoy being able to be Dogecoin millionaires and how much more fun it is tipping each other many 1000s of Doge rather than an equivalent value expressed as a tiny portion of a Bitcoin or Dash.

The objective value transferred is equivalent but the human psychology involved is nothing alike, because giving/receiving a 10,000 Doge tip is a subjectively more satisfying experience than using the equivalent 0.0001 Bitcoin or 0.001 Dash.

These kinds of cognitive artifacts result from brain structures relating to the human mind's sense of numeracy and its subitization engine.

https://i.imgur.com/DkYMdU6.png

Subitizing is the rapid, accurate, and confident judgments of numbers performed for small numbers of items. The term was coined in 1949 by E.L. Kaufman et al.,[1] and is derived from the Latin adjective subitus (meaning "sudden") and captures a feeling of immediately knowing how many items lie within the visual scene, when the number of items present falls within the subitizing range.[1] Number judgments for larger set-sizes are referred to either as estimating if insufficient time is available for observers to accurately count all the items present, or counting otherwise.

The accuracy, speed, and confidence with which observers make judgments of the number of items are critically dependent on the number of elements to be enumerated. Judgments made for displays composed of around one to four items are rapid,[2] accurate[3] and confident.[4] However, as the number of items to be enumerated increases beyond this amount, judgments are made with decreasing accuracy and confidence.[1] In addition, response times rise in a dramatic fashion, with an extra 250–350 ms added for each additional item within the display beyond about four.[5]

The best work in this space has been done our revered Professor Szabo.

https://i.imgur.com/bXlXOV5.png

https://i.imgur.com/eCtWmM4.png

His conclusion is neatly summarized by one of our favorite Bitcoin memes:

https://i.imgur.com/O6711eU.jpg

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

One source of objection to high emission coins comes from reckoning using the metaphor of a publicly traded company's stock share structure.  Stocks with a very high number of shares are considered diluted, usually due to having many rounds of share issuance to raise capital after several unprofitable quarters/years.

The market sees stock buybacks and corresponding share issuance reduction as a sign of a strong company; investors like there to be fewer shares because the stock price may move up more easily due to reduced liquidity (recall that prices are set on the margin).

This metaphor may be of some use when considering coins that actually behave with shared characteristics comparable to a publicly traded company's stock, where 1 coin and 1 share equal 1 vote, such as Decred and Cardano.

But the metaphor breaks down when it's taken into account that the number of coins in a cryptocurrency's present/total emission is arbitrary.  IE, a Bitcoin is just an arbitrary number of satoshis and the number of atomic units may be limited artificially or as a result of the fundamental capacity of the 64-bit memory address space.

A coin's architect must make these design decisions despite the fact they are somewhat akin to picking magic numbers and after launch fairly 'set in stone' because of social contract considerations.

The coin's architect is thus faced with picking these magic numbers based on what has/hasn't worked for previous coins and their own taste (IE intuition).  The market then decides if the architect has good or bad taste in magic numbers (IE fundamental parameters).

The market's decision doesn't happen in a vacuum and depends on if the coin's emission/nomenclature parameters are a good fit for its intended/actual use cases.

Thus for Bitcoin, which is destined to become high-powered super money, a relatively low total emission of 21e6 is perfect.

But for other coins, which naturally fulfill lessor/supporting roles as mere mediums of exchange, a far lower per-unit value is desirable as a way to leverage our visually oriented brains' (and resultant cultures') highly optimized, low cognitive load pathways for subitization and mental calculation.

Good post!
bitnew17

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:17:58 AM

i tried to transfer some etherium classic from poloniex  to coinomi wallet to get callisto  but it has been 10 hours and not transfered yet, does it take days?
Usually it's fast and take less then hour, maybe you forget to confirm withdrawal on your email?

Have the same issue
can't withdraw from poloniex

same .. pending since the 23rd .. getting ridiculous and suspicious to boot
checked coinomi wallet and finally there this evening.  So maybe poloniex withdrawal just take a few days.  If people have troubles, they could open ticket at poloniex.  From what others have said in this forum though, support might take a while.
n00b2013

Activity: 111

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:42:46 AM

i tried to transfer some etherium classic from poloniex  to coinomi wallet to get callisto  but it has been 10 hours and not transfered yet, does it take days?
Usually it's fast and take less then hour, maybe you forget to confirm withdrawal on your email?

Have the same issue

checked coinomi wallet and finally there this evening.  So maybe poloniex withdrawal just take a few days.  If people have troubles, they could open ticket at poloniex.  From what others have said in this forum though, support might take a while.

it shouldnt take this long, but it did, I did however get mine transferred after 2 days (no ticket)
maahno

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:51:55 AM

Have the same issue

it shouldnt take this long, but it did, I did however get mine transferred after 2 days (no ticket)

Definitely shouldn't
better to change to BTC...withdraw and change to ETC somewhere else
langdong

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:36:52 AM

To be honest I don't really think that anyone is really interested in this Callisto Airdrop. Despite being shilled very hard on Twitter I don't really see many people holding through the airdrop. I mean alone with Callisto's supply this should probably just not be worth it.
Usually when an airdrop is happening a few days before some people begin to dump. I see that also coming for ETC, probably in a few days.
The pump so far was... okay I guess. Doubling in BTC value. Nothing special to be honest when looking at some other altcoins from February 6th on which even performed better without any airdrop.
So my guess at the moment is that ETC will just not rise much more. Probably to a max of .004. And I guess the dump will be insane. I'm happy to be convinced otherwise.
standartuye

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:45:11 AM

i cannot see any signs of “moon” for etc. callisto is not a valuable coin like ig is, maybe that’s why. Or it is because of the bear market. As far as I know most of the exchanges didnt announce if they are supporting the airdrop or not...

binance just announced they are going to support neo airdrop but still no big exchange announced etc support. looks like we cant break 50$
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:16:03 PM

i cannot see any signs of “moon” for etc. callisto is not a valuable coin like ig is, maybe that’s why. Or it is because of the bear market. As far as I know most of the exchanges didnt announce if they are supporting the airdrop or not...

binance just announced they are going to support neo airdrop but still no big exchange announced etc support. looks like we cant break 50$

Binance announced they are supporting NEO airdrop but for ETC Callisto, we don't see any confirmation from the exchange. It means it is waste of sending the coin to Classicetherwallet in to get the Airdrop, this year ETC has great potential to reach more than 100$.
Ramulen

Activity: 88

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:54:09 PM

Binance announced they are supporting NEO airdrop but for ETC Callisto, we don't see any confirmation from the exchange. It means it is waste of sending the coin to Classicetherwallet in to get the Airdrop, this year ETC has great potential to reach more than 100$.

I hope that Calisto itself will bring some benefit to ETC.
So we may won’t get the profit out of Calisto, but out of its affect to ETC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: