Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:24:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Secure Bitcoins?  (Read 1882 times)
_AlexX

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:50:06 AM

The best way to secure your bitcoin is to put your bitcoins in to hardware wallets. The most Popular hardware wallets include the Ledger wallet and the TREZOR wallet. Because It doesn’t matter what the device is.

I disagree. just using a hardware wallet might make it secure in terms of hacking but people just forget how easy you lose such a wallet and if you don't have your keys stored somewhere else, the funds are gone! For backup: now if you just put a txt file on your google drive with your keys in it or on a piece of paper, your current security level is a piece of paper.

in matters of security, the weakest spot is your security level.

I simply think that usb drives get lost damn fast and if you don't have it in a bank vault, your millions are simply in your house on the couch table.

ibhk

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:56:21 PM

That is by storing it in bitcoin wallet, The most important thing to do to secure your wallet is to backup your private key. When you create a Bitcoin wallet, you will automatically have a public key and private key. The public key is a series of letters and numbers that you can imagine as a bank account number.
Falconmytyh123

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:04:54 PM

i think bitcoin it's safe but,we must be careful because some people have a high skill to steal your coin. but don't worry about that, i think the security system in bitcoin is safe Smiley

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Happy Fun

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:15:10 PM

Secure bitcoin ? I think, system for bitcoin is safe. But, you must careful about your wallet / bitcoins. Dont be careless if you have a bitcoin. Because many people want hacking your bitcoins. Smiley
Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:50:37 PM

I also want to talk about encryption by encryption. If someone knows your home address, it does not mean they can go inside and use everything in there. They need a home key, and that is the private key: something that helps you (and only you) access and manage your assets. Obviously you have to keep the house key carefully, do not hit the keys and send them to anyone you see off the street! Private key too.
It is very important to safe your pass word from those who are in search of people to get their bitcoin by hacking, we should remain careful while going for payments in markets and shopping malls with bitcoin. For sure experienced and well known exchangers should be use to get and sell bitcoin, as much as you will keep your private key safe they more your bitcoin will be secure from all kind of problems so I liked your point of view.
Damar

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:57:14 PM

Always make sure the address of the site you're visiting is correct and not a fake site
Use two-factor authentication across your Bitcoin wallet and email address
Use the password manager program
If you're using a Gmail account, perform a security check
megalith07

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:00:30 PM

How to Secure Bitcoins?
There are part of approaches to secure your BTC like you can put it on online wallet or in hardware wallet. And after that after you put your BTC on wallet you should keep the secret word or the private key in a sheltered place where nobody can discover it. Ultimately endeavor to put 2 factor authentication or attempt to google authentication so you can make more secure your wallet.
ilya_gr

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:13:13 PM

The best way to hold parts of your private keys in 10-20 banks around the world Grin
I heard one of the best ways is papper wallets, is it comfortable?
I think hardware wallet is normal way
Just don`t tell a lot of people about your money,it`s the best idea Wink
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:26:31 PM

How to Secure Bitcoins?
Rather than using online wallets a hardware wallet is best to prot3ct funds as it's virtually impossible to physically start the hardware device. If you must use online wallets 2fa is a necessary requirement.  Separate wallets might be advisable in case of various different types of btc and alts.
bitcoinzen

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:29:41 PM

Ledger Nano is safest way to secure Bitcoin and Trezor is another hardware wallet we can secure bitcoins from future threats on online wallets
pjr77

Activity: 299

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:46:55 PM

The fact is that bitcoin is safe and ordinary people can protect it without much effort. The real problem is that not everyone understands how bitcoin works, and this often causes people to commit acts that lead to the theft of coins.
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:52:19 PM

There are many ways to secure your bitcoins. The most popular one is to use hardware wallet which costs about hundred dollars but makes sure that your bitcoins are secure by separating your private key from anything else. If you don't want to spend any money then you should use Bitcoin Core or Electrum. These two wallets are the most popular ones and allow you to control your private key which is used for signing transactions.

Shime

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:56:03 PM

Your bitcoin can be secure by using desktop wallet, paper wallet and hardware wallet also but as much as possible, you must keep your private key to your wallet out off sight from any person you don't trust or  better still let it be within you alone.

Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:03:43 PM

The best and the most secured way to protect you bitcoin is by protecting your bitcoin wallet invent a high security password that will be hard to be broken into and don't reveal you wallet keys to any body.
iL_P4driNo

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:24:56 PM

You have to save you private keys in safe ways, keep your computer clean from virus, avoid phishing links, ..
lukeclick

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:30:11 PM

The Biggest challenge we have as online investors are hacker, these group of people can reduce you to nothing in  a minute.and there is nothing you can do about it and eventually, To secure BTC's the there two types Meant to secure your investment, There are the hardware wallets meant to store your Bitcoins offline. they are by far the safest as your coins are kept away from the praying eyes of the online hackers, it also gives you the chance to authenticate transactions before making them. If properly encrypted. Hardware wallets are almost impossible to hack.IF YOU WANNA SECURE YOUR BTC, id say you settle for hardware wallets.,
sana gull

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:49:19 PM

i think bitcoin it's safe but,we must be careful because some people have a high skill to steal your coin. but don't worry about that, i think the security system in bitcoin is safe Smiley
If you are holding your bitcoin in online wallet or in an exchange then it is not safe, and at any time the hacker can hack your account and can get away your coins, i think you need to get a double protection to your wallet, or to put your coins in desktop wallet which can be consider as more safer as compare to online wallet.
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:53:53 PM

To secure your bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencies you could use a cold wallet, these wallets are offline wallets which makes it harder for hackers to penetrate and steal your coins. You should also remember to have a back up of your private keys and keystores so that you have a safe keep of your important files.

DPrillio

Activity: 693

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:03:33 AM

To secure your bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencies you could use a cold wallet, these wallets are offline wallets which makes it harder for hackers to penetrate and steal your coins. You should also remember to have a back up of your private keys and keystores so that you have a safe keep of your important files.
Certainly hackers are the threat of our online asset, bitcoin as a crypto currency is fueled by internet that can be steal through hacking our wallet, so as for me to enhance security then I will never store my file of password and wallet on the online gadget, I will put it on an offline  computer with a solid state hard disk and make some multiple back up to prevent it from losing.

SeVenlast

Activity: 413
Merit: 10

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:07:12 AM

Offline wallets are indeed very effective at reducing from irresponsible hands to generate profits for them.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: