Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:36:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What video games do you play?  (Read 174675 times)
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:26:31 PM

Just picked up the Game of the Year edition of Fallout 3.

Never played any of the DLC before, so I think this will hold me over until March... then it's time for Dark Souls 2 to take over my life.
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:58:11 PM

Chivalry - Medieval Warfare

Tried pirated at first, which was great fun, now going to buy real deal if some steam discount pops up.

That was another great game that had it's balance ruined for the sake of silly RPG progression bullshit Sad shame really and I warned them about it on the forums too so you can expect them to ignore players and fuck things up more, they've also made the mistake of releasing multiplayer DLC which completely segregates communities.

yeah, that pirates ninjas thing is wrong IMO

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 10:02:31 PM

That could have been a content update to encourage more people to buy the game and reward customers Sad it's depressing, had an interesting attempt at a melee combat system too.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 10:28:22 PM

That could have been a content update to encourage more people to buy the game and reward customers Sad it's depressing, had an interesting attempt at a melee combat system too.

Mortal Online and Darkfall are a couple that try for MMO melee combat, not got around to trying either yet though.

MMORPGs just don't work for PVP I've discovered, same problem as RPGs and RTS', they're all rock/paper/scissors style games, it's worse in Darkfall because it tries to make you play as if it were an FPS or something but really it's a lot like EVE where it's the people who gang up together and gank people that win the game rather than it being about any kind of skill or interaction. I played the beta for Darkfall Online you see, it looked really promising at the time, there was one hilarious complaint I saw about people who came on the forums and said they were getting killed by a bunch of naked players which is pretty funny but just demonstrates the problem of these games.

The ganking problem could be easily cured by giving all classes some kind of AoE effect but of course that would mean all the gankers would get upset which is a problem that EVE is currently facing, the low sec and 0.0 areas are becoming wastelands because no single players dare to venture in and all the while there are just gangs of players that warp around trying to pick on easy targets rather than fight each other because they know how the game works.

For Darkfall imagine Elder Scrolls but you've got the stats all set to a 1000000, it's supposedly gotten a bit better now but it was that bad I couldn't stand it.
Damnsammit

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:40:19 PM

Everytime I play an MMO, I just miss Ultima Online (pre Trammel aka Carebear land expansion) even more.

That was hands down the best MMO ever, which is pretty sad considering it was made in 1996.
elektibi75

Activity: 326

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:13:27 AM

Playing Crysis 3 now Cheesy

█ DARFChain █ DARFChain - smart escrow engine, based on proof-of-accounting consensus █....
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
• Whitepaper • ANN Thread • Telegram • Facebook • Reddit • Slack • YouTube • VK
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 08:23:12 AM

Just checked some clips for it, it was still early in development when I was checking it out but it doesn't seem to have gone forward much since, shame because there are some really nice ideas in it. I think oblivion online is going to cause a lot of disappointment, went in to some of the details of mmo networking and it doesn't seem possible to make oblivion gameplay work over a network

Part of the problem is the obsession over graphics, Planetside has proven that it is actually possible to get some awesome FPS combat going on and make it an MMO but you have to be willing to sacrifice polygon count so everything runs smoothly, this is why people are still playing the old games like Counter-Strike Source because the developers have done just enough to make the game look reasonable and then worked on the gameplay only.

With how powerful computers are now you could easily make a fast paced MMO with no silly grinding if you have a polygon count that the source engine uses but no one is willing at the moment to do it, I can't wait until I get into 3D and networking with lots of players so I can experiment Cheesy.
Feneusens

Activity: 275

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:03:38 AM

Playing tower defense mostly...

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:26:05 PM

Just checked some clips for it, it was still early in development when I was checking it out but it doesn't seem to have gone forward much since, shame because there are some really nice ideas in it. I think oblivion online is going to cause a lot of disappointment, went in to some of the details of mmo networking and it doesn't seem possible to make oblivion gameplay work over a network

Part of the problem is the obsession over graphics, Planetside has proven that it is actually possible to get some awesome FPS combat going on and make it an MMO but you have to be willing to sacrifice polygon count so everything runs smoothly, this is why people are still playing the old games like Counter-Strike Source because the developers have done just enough to make the game look reasonable and then worked on the gameplay only.

With how powerful computers are now you could easily make a fast paced MMO with no silly grinding if you have a polygon count that the source engine uses but no one is willing at the moment to do it, I can't wait until I get into 3D and networking with lots of players so I can experiment Cheesy.

The problem isn't how powerful a computer is, but the internet truly is the problem.
The lag is what breaks every single fun on a Action Paced MMO, like Tera, Vindictus all the others. You're not going to let things happen on client-side, otherwise hackers will spawn everywhere, like on F2P FPS games.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 05:30:38 PM

The problem isn't how powerful a computer is, but the internet truly is the problem.
The lag is what breaks every single fun on a Action Paced MMO, like Tera, Vindictus all the others. You're not going to let things happen on client-side, otherwise hackers will spawn everywhere, like on F2P FPS games.

Hackers are a problem with using a one server/one organisation moderating game, just need to make it so anyone can make a server and have the server limit really high, I think in regards to PVP games at least the whole ideas of MMORPG is completely flawed.
Damnsammit

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:58:20 PM

Maybe for pure pvp unless its a core component, wow and most of its clones just had pvp and rvr tacked on along with everything else they could think of to be jack of all trade games but masters of none. Gear and level imbalances make any chance of reasonable balance impossible so balancing of abilities is pointless in them. Wow and clones have done more harm to MMORPG's than anything else imho, games like ultima and DAoC got the genre off to a great start then suddenly every game has to be just like wow only different.

Ryzom's another that runs on linux and has a great community, it came out just before wow and has really kick ass AI (but very dated graphics) and was developed as a showcase for it (they wanted to sell the AI to other studio's). Its worth playing just to see some of the ideas but wow came along and innovative ideas took second place to kung fu pandas and winged horses farting fireballs :/

So much win in this statement.

I still think the first two MMOs were the best ever made, and have revisited them both in the past couple of years.   Of course I am talking about The Realm and Ultima Online.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:49:18 AM

Wargames. A great game.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:55:11 AM

now i will try BF4

MakeBelieve

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:01:13 AM

now i will try BF4

Have they fixed the issues with it yet?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:04:28 AM

now i will try BF4

Have they fixed the issues with it yet?

dont know i am instaling it now

MakeBelieve

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:05:51 PM

I'll be getting BF4 on the ps4. Hopefully the crashing will be reduced by then.

lotusblüte

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:50:51 PM

gta  Smiley
b!z (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:34:26 PM

No More Room in Hell is awesome!
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:42:32 PM

Played it during the Beta(before it reached on Steam, but was already Greenlit) and yes, pretty nice game.
Now the devs should focus for now only on adding content, most part of the game is already pretty concrete and non-buggy.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 03:43:35 PM

Played it during the Beta(before it reached on Steam, but was already Greenlit) and yes, pretty nice game.
Now the devs should focus for now only on adding content, most part of the game is already pretty concrete and non-buggy.
I too played. Some time before release on Steam. The first few months the game was buzzing with players. After I stopped playing and decided to come back, I found only a few servers and every of them were empty. Still, a fun game, with realistic amounts of ammo and old school slow zombies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: