Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:52:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on the new merit system?  (Read 919 times)
greenpath

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:38:11 PM

I really like it the merit system. It could be fair to everybody to make a good and very quality post even I personally doubt that everybody can do it. Merit can improve everyone's constructive post. But I really don't like people who always in bias system. I believe the new merit solution is the new merit problem too.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:42:07 PM

Although this system is annoying, it was extremely effective and beautiful for the rank-and-file event. It is no longer easy for everyone to rank, and there will be no rubbish memberships at certain ranks. Those who trade accounts with illegal means are in a state of being evaluated.
roganite

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:08:03 PM

I am still working out what the merit system is for and how it works.....
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:21:41 PM

Well the new merit system for me is absolutely fine. Though this could be more challenging for the members to rank up, this will surely help the whole bitcointalk community even more as the members also post more quality posts and not just spam posts all around. Exchanging of thoughts and idea will become more beneficial for everybody.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:24:56 PM

I think this system needs some improvements, having merit is now a little diffcult, it's not very good for the newbies
chukaday

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

⚡ Property-secured P2P lending ⚡

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:41:23 PM

Not sure what to make just yet but I will make a few observations. It is good in the way it went about it but I think in execution it was kind of poor. I would amend the fact that you only get half an sMerit when given a Merit because then there would be more merits in the system meaning more people being generous. Another thing is that I kind of forget I have a few so I haven't used it yet, and lastly it seems like the power is all in the legendary hands and when you centralize power we all know what happens next and its not a good outcome..

testingbits

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:06:16 PM

The merit system looks good, but needs some small imrovement.
I would like to have some Smerits to send for quality posting
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:11:53 PM
Merited by Turk Ace (2)

I do not think that the new system of merits will help significantly remove substandard messages from this forum. But this innovation has virtually destroyed the established rules of transition from rank to rank, because it will already be impossible to do for years. The senior members, the heroes and the legendary became sharply recruited in terms of distribution of merit. Go from rank to rank below the senior member is almost impossible and in the future everyone will be able to make sure of this. I am also surprised that the participant has the opportunity to send just one unit of merit, a full member from four to six depending on the activity, and the senior member and above have the ability to already send tens and hundreds of merit units. This distribution of opportunities is clearly discriminatory. It is aimed at preventing new members from participating in the ICO and positively affecting only the ranks, beginning with the senior member and higher. I take this innovation dramatically negatively.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:44:39 PM

It's interesting, but the bitcointalk accounts will be sold in connection with the innovations?))) I hope the innovations will be useful if the leaders of the forum will approach the issue of spam correctly.
Xioma

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:46:41 PM

I think this system needs some improvements, having merit is now a little diffcult, it's not very good for the newbies

As long as they post quality replies, they shouldn't worried about it though, no?

Just focus on making decent posts - quality over quantity.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:02:52 PM

I really like it the merit system. It could be fair to everybody to make a good and very quality post even I personally doubt that everybody can do it. Merit can improve everyone's constructive post. But I really don't like people who always in bias system. I believe the new merit solution is the new merit problem too.
Say you like this new system with merit? I would like to see for how many years you will collect 100 necessary merits to the full member and for how many decades to a senior member, even if you write quality messages. The very idea of ​​merit is not bad. However, it is implemented in such a way as to exclude new participants from participation in the ICO and prevent them from moving along the existing system of ranks. Over time, this will be quite clearly manifested.
mrbenjie

Activity: 364
Merit: 301

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:17:53 PM

There is a Bounty in which newbies can participate too https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2851362.new#new
And they generously give Merit to active participants in the branch

▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████████████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀▀     ▀▀██████████▄
  ▄█████████▀            ▀█████████▄
 ▄█████████▀   ▄██████▄   ▀████████▄
▄██████████    ████████    █████████▄
███████████    ████████    ██████████
███████████    ████████    ███████████
███████████                ███████████
▀██████████                ██████████▀
 ▀█████████    ████████    █████████▀
  ▀████████    ████████    ████████▀
   ▀███████    ████████    ███████▀
     ▀██████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀████████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀████████████▀▀
all.me
SOCIAL NETWORK OF THE BLOCKCHAIN TIME
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   BOUNTY all.MEJan 29th May 8th, 2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:30:56 PM

It is a positive attempt to encourage better responses, and discourage spam. Some posts just compel you to praise, for the content, the words and points put across simply and concisely. Here the merit system works because we can give deserving merit there.
Avdotiy

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:36:38 PM

Funny thing, 80% of information on Bitcointalk is bullshit, or spam to develop somehow. It is not good or bad, it is the way the world works Cheesy Forum, which is so huge and profitable couldn't work in another way. I think old system was not so bad, to get a member. I have been writing bullshit for about 4 month, and during that time in crypto I started to gain profits, filter information better and produce better information. So, bullshit that is produced by the guy with experience is more valuable, and everybody understands that. I wouldn't be surprised if no one reads this, this is bit.talk Grin
Sorry for issues in language, I am not a native speaker.

NataTahur

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:42:02 PM

Unambiguously get the rank higher now it will become very difficult. Criteria for the quality of posts who will determine? Hero Member, who say that it is not necessary to write about this here, why did they come here? How do you consider all posts in this thread qualitative? High ranks, I wonder when you were new, did you have all the posts full of informative information? How many people, so many opinions. I agree with the previous author, the centralization of power does not give good results.
jazzzbe

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:54:44 PM

I'm not too sure about this new merit system.  Although these boards have been getting a lot more spam, it will be much more difficult to level up your bitcointalk account.  Most people are not even going to bother and give out merit to quality posts.

What are your thoughts, do you like the new merit system?
From one side it may decrease spam, but I don't know how to collect so much merits). Not much people want to give away them for free.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:00:20 AM

The intentions are very good, but the realization is crazy: there are very few merits in circulation, and they will disappear with the use.
The mining proposed is totally insufficient.
The result will be that even if you write a masterwork, nobody will give you any credit, for the simple reason that they have nothing to give.
And you can bet that will start an interesting commerce of merits...

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:04:56 AM

From my point of view, this is a very convenient system for cleaning our favorite forum from spam, because most branches are simply impossible to read, and in general branches are created that clone themselves. What for? I think that Merit will help us deal with this.
aizen10

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:08:11 AM

i really like this new merit system, because it is not easy to rank-up with a shitpost, one-liner, like what we are witnessing before. for me this is a another challenge to us to earn merit with a high quality posts, but if you dont do any quality post you are still remain at your current rank. this is to avoid/less/moderate more spam to all member rank and higher to create many alts with a low quality posts, spam, just to rank up and to earn on what activity he/she participate.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:08:30 AM

Looks like this new system will make it almost impossible for new members to reach higher ranks, sounds like a monopoly by the typical beaurocracy to stop the public from getting its rights, we are fedup of our governments and systems in our lives already and now we are refused freedom in the online world in this forum as well, we have been deprived of our rightful ranks, it is time to speak up against this brutal new system. There were many other options to stop spam and shitposts, just minus the activity point per spam or shitposts, and if someone post more than 3 spam or shitposts per week then he can be suspended from posting for next week. But implementing a stopping system is against democracy and freedom of the forum members, i personally want this system to be removed and restore the old system.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: