Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:03:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can actually Bitcoin be good for the environment?  (Read 3170 times)
amber deposit

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:23:20 PM

It is undeniable that bitcoin mining will consume energy consumption. Although, the amount of energy used is still far from the total amount of electrical energy used in the world today. But the reality is that Bitcoin mining does require electricity, this will indirectly also affect the currency and the environment. From the level of energy consumption that has taken place in Bitcoin mining today, many hopes will be able to reduce the level of energy consumption.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sari_

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:30:49 PM

actually bitcoin is very good for the environment bro. it can even provide opportunities for the poor to become millionaires in the near future. and reduce the number of unemployed bro .
Kris34

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:56:49 PM

Every day we spend a lot of energy on the Internet, why then they do not write about it.  In fact, this is the same thing, because servers consume a lot of energy.
tsinelas

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:57:43 PM

Yes I think mining is bad enough for the supply of electricity available on earth, I do not really understand about the science. But I think there should be restrictions on mining and electricity usage every day. Maybe the government can find the best solution about it.
Can't we not move now??Move for the good of everything? If Bitcoin mining is consuming 10% of power that can be used in a more productive way, and we all know that we can do something on it why are  we here just saying all those thing and not do it?

▬▬▬▬▬      ▬     iCumulate         Investing in the future together           ▬      ▬▬▬▬▬
WHITEPAPER  ]     ████     PRESALE  /  Nov 30th - Dec 7th     ████     [   ONE PAGER   ]
▬      ▬▬▬▬▬     Twitter     ●     Facebook     ●     Telegram     ●     Medium     ▬▬▬▬▬      ▬
Mihail.B

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:58:46 PM

You can stop churning out the weapons, and redoing all the factories under the mining farm. And the fact that we will leave the Fiat currency , will save the forest.)
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:38:28 AM

A lot has been said about mining and about the electricity consumption of the activities related to bitcoin mining. However, I have thought of the alternatives and how other systems produce not just energy waste, but also plenty of useless work and "human waste".

To have a network that can ensure the completeness of transactions, the global accessibility and all the features that bitcoins, and many alts, have at the moment, would probable produce a huge carbon footprint. Just think of the VISA system or the banking system... the amount of people working on it, the waste of commuting to works, the infrastructure.

Thinking of all that, would you still say Bitcoin is bad for the environment?

Well, actually bitcoin mining is not harming the environment. Bitcoin mining only produce heat from it, and cost electricity,
and not producing any waste. The only thing concern me about bitcoin mining is the asic company could mining btc secretly and monopolized the profit.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
sajjad100

Activity: 101

Coin Hunter

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 07:57:44 PM

With inexhaustible wellsprings of vitality and promotion of this wellspring of vitality, I figure Bitcoin are helpful for nature like every single alternative issue that

require power. the globe still doesn`t shrewdness to utilize all the vitality, despite the promotion around the advancement of the property power supply, varied people do not perceive that sun primarily based and wind have simply created a modest imprint within the vitality mix until now. fortuitously, prices area unit drizzling and diverse people area unit set out to receive inexperienced advances, nonetheless, there's hitherto a mountain to mount up the off likelihood that we want to essentially get off of non-renewable energy sources on an enormous scale.

There is a demand for modest, property power supply with basic arrangements. With the development of human innovations, we are going to lead to these gift circumstances also, I don`t

stress over it. The promotional material that`s been created regarding vitality serves for huge organizations to amass an excellent deal of money from pitching vitality to people.

★ HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]
✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes]✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop]✈✈✈
shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:02:15 PM

I saw an ethereum mining machine where the heat produced is used to heat up the home. Bitcoin can be used environmentally but as usual there needs to be a financial incentive to make it happen. A bitcoin mining machine that heats your home and gives you bitcoin basically means free heating, but the cost of an asic means there is going to be a big up front investment

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:06:09 PM

It is true that perhaps the environmental factor was not taken into account when designing the creation of bitcoin.In my own opinion it can be good also in the future if all people will use digital currency like bitcoin.
The consumption of energy of bitcoin is exaggerated by the media, remember the media is nothing but a slave to the government and they are going to do whatever the government tells them and since the governments have realized that it's impossible to stop bitcoin directly they are trying to do it indirectly through regulations and by using the media to spread all kind of lies.
Zeque02

Activity: 490

Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:07:31 PM

I think bitcoin is good to environment. The developer knows what's best for the environment. I think as they create bitcoin they think for the goodness of everyone because we are the one who live in this world.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀     |  Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |     ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Anderson_smash

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:16:05 PM

A single Bitcoin block uses enough energy to power your house for a week! Bitcoin’s energy usage is comparable to that of Nigeria! If the energy usage continues to grow at the same rate, Bitcoin will use ALL OF THE ENERGY.

I’ve heard it all, and I’m going to list some reasons why a fully adopted Bitcoin economy would actually reduce global energy usage and improve the environment.

Before we get started on what I think, it’s important to look at a breakdown of the math that sensationalists use to show that Bitcoin is bad for the environment (spoiler, it uses less than 1% of the energy that idle electronic devices in just the US consume, and this energy is being spent to protect ~$300 billion worth of wealth). Now to my arguments.
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:03:35 AM

I think bitcoin mining not give bad effect for environment. We are right now living on world with technology and with technology we can create alternative energy for bitcoin mining. Bitcoin can be good for environment because not consumpt large capacity of electricity
Sobocirevo

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:08:59 PM

You can stop churning out the weapons, and redoing all the factories under the mining farm. And the fact that we will leave the Fiat currency , will save the forest.)
Yes, bitcoin is definitely better for the environment because it reduces the felling of trees into paper money. Try to imagine how many trees were saved from logging because humans do not use paper money but transactions use bitcoin. Forests will return to dense and animals find a place to live in their habitat.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 02:16:03 PM

To be honest, it is almost impossible for any current innovation to consume energy without harming the environment in some way. We are living in the generation where time and money is more important than the environment for us but I am happy that the steps are being taken to reduce the percentage of damage to the environment. Mark my words, we will start taking care of the environment at the point when it will start damaging us in some way in the form of returns. This issue is not limited just with Bitcoin or crypto industry but it needs the macroscopic approach to deal with it on a bigger level.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:07:26 AM

A lot has been said about mining and about the electricity consumption of the activities related to bitcoin mining. However, I have thought of the alternatives and how other systems produce not just energy waste, but also plenty of useless work and "human waste".

To have a network that can ensure the completeness of transactions, the global accessibility and all the features that bitcoins, and many alts, have at the moment, would probable produce a huge carbon footprint. Just think of the VISA system or the banking system... the amount of people working on it, the waste of commuting to works, the infrastructure.

Thinking of all that, would you still say Bitcoin is bad for the environment?

Actually it will be good if you compare with the bank system or others. The electricity, human resource, and printed money of bank system produce more waste products than bitcoin which is only produce heat from mining. So, bitcoin mining is not bad for environment indeed.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1044
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:39:05 AM

Maybe yes bitcoin actually good for the environment like if we stop using paper bills lot of trees can be saved there is one point about how bitcoin can be good for the environment. Also the current banking system consumes too much electricity, I don't think that bitcoin transactions would take up that much of electricity so bitcoin can also reduce the amount of electricity used by the banking sector.

Yes paper bills are made from trees and banking transactions are electrical consumption. It means that no matter how much you have it could also affect our environment and the people who uses it. If bitcoin exist, I don't think we can reduced the electricity because it has the equal quantities if we think.

SusanAnn

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:01:59 AM

Bitcoin is no good but no harm to our environment, i think. Because It only costs energy to mine bitcoin
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:08:41 AM

Not only mining bitcoin is the way to earn bitcoin. There lot of way earning on it. But if you tapk about enviroment it is just depend on the holder. Because there are some investment make good for enviroment and you can support it by using bitcoin. That way you can help our enviroment. But if you will think carefully bitcoin is not program to help enviroment he is program to help people to get out from poorish to rich

Dimas99

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:59:21 AM

Yes I think mining is bad enough for the supply of electricity available on earth, I do not really understand about the science. But I think there should be restrictions on mining and electricity usage every day. Maybe the government can find the best solution about it.
bitcoin investment is not only mining, it can also trade even the environmental effects are also minimal and not detrimental when all economies also use cryptocurrency systems
Crungcrungtin

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:29:05 AM

Bitcoin, there is no need to cut trees..
So bitcoin can be good to environment
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: