Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:13:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can actually Bitcoin be good for the environment?  (Read 3170 times)
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:59:09 AM

Environment is good to bitcoin but bitcoin is good not to just to environment but also into the people lives. Nowadays, it is not yet well know all over the globe for some doesn't like this new trend of cryptosystem. However, in due time everything will be alright due to its demands and wants.
In a way yes, you can integrate bitcoin in many different ways, so it can help out the environment if put to use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:10:16 AM

Actually depends on how you use it, such as if you go for Bitcoin mining then it is sure that you are causing some sort of environmental damage by pollution or by increasing the greenhouse gases. But you should also review on the positive side that is the usage of Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies are going to reduce much more hassle in the banking sectors and can improve user interaction upon the monetary transactions.
bitcoinminer45678

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:13:24 AM

To be honest, it is almost impossible for any current innovation to consume energy without harming the environment in some way. We are living in the generation where time and money is more important than the environment for us but I am happy that the steps are being taken to reduce the percentage of damage to the environment. Mark my words, we will start taking care of the environment at the point when it will start damaging us in some way in the form of returns. This issue is not limited just with Bitcoin or crypto industry but it needs the macroscopic approach to deal with it on a bigger level.
I think with the time technology prevails and evolve over the years to till now and i think I can certainly say as of now that bitcoin is a great invention. It paves the way for the digital currency to be known worldwide. Bitcoin has helped a lot of people from the very start and I am one of it. For me bitcoin is a blessing and a very good help to the environment. It creates a lot of opportunities.
ChronoLite

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

www.guestcrew.com

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:23:56 AM

Environment is good to bitcoin but bitcoin is good not to just to environment but also into the people lives. Nowadays, it is not yet well know all over the globe for some doesn't like this new trend of cryptosystem. However, in due time everything will be alright due to its demands and wants.
In a way yes, you can integrate bitcoin in many different ways, so it can help out the environment if put to use.
People are also thinking that BItcoin is a bad thing to use it mostly use as illegal crime and such which not everyone want to use it Also most  of them are banning Bitcoin because they afraid it will ruin the economy of certain country

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓     
            ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
        ▓██▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
      ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓ 
    ▓█▓▓█▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓
  ░█▓▓▓░      ░░░░░▓▓▓▓█▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░
  █▓▓▓▓      ██████▓▓█▓     ░▓ ░█▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓    ░███░    ▓█▓     ▓█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓█▓▓▓█░    ░░▓░    ▓▓     ██▓ ▓█▓▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░  ░▓    ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓  ░█▓▓█▓ ░▓▓▓█░
    ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░  ░▓▓░ ░▓▓▓█▓
      ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░░▓█▓▓█▓ 
        ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓ 
           ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓   
             ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       
                  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
GuestCrew||||||ICO Now!
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:39:56 AM

yes, it all depends on its use. even other things can also be bad according to how they are used. well, according to me, bitcoin can make the development of a business activity from someone to increase. well, but of course if bitcoin is used for something useful in the environment, of course bitcoin will be very useful.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

MickyDonald

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:45:37 AM

Along with the rise of Bitcoin as well as other virtual currencies, there are concerns about power consumption. The power used for Bitcoin's operations is more than that of conventional electronic transactions. In addition to energy consumption, Bitcoin also has a huge impact on the environment because of carbon emissions. So, on the road to becoming the most valuable and reliable decentralized payment system, BTC is challenging. The source of energy is increasingly scarce and seriously affected the environment.
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:49:44 AM

Maybe yes bitcoin actually good for the environment like if we stop using paper bills lot of trees can be saved there is one point about how bitcoin can be good for the environment. Also the current banking system consumes too much electricity, I don't think that bitcoin transactions would take up that much of electricity so bitcoin can also reduce the amount of electricity used by the banking sector.

Well this is really true. The paper bill that are used for the current currency, the fiat, will be saved, it is the environment that will be safe. The forest will.live longer amd there is a probability that it will grow again. Aside from this is the electricity in which the electricity for the office used by the banks will be gone, or somewhat be lessened.
mr.bean865

Activity: 130

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:15:21 PM

It depends upon usage of bitcoin. Bitcoin is now the most popular digital currency of world and everyone has keen interest in it but if we use bitcoin for bad purpose like money laundering or to hide money then after some time it will show severe affects on our environment but if we use bitcoins to modify our money system then yes it will be very good for our environment
sneeze11

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:28:17 PM

A lot has been said about mining and about the electricity consumption of the activities related to bitcoin mining. However, I have thought of the alternatives and how other systems produce not just energy waste, but also plenty of useless work and "human waste".

To have a network that can ensure the completeness of transactions, the global accessibility and all the features that bitcoins, and many alts, have at the moment, would probable produce a huge carbon footprint. Just think of the VISA system or the banking system... the amount of people working on it, the waste of commuting to works, the infrastructure.

Thinking of all that, would you still say Bitcoin is bad for the environment?

For me bitcoin is actually good in our environment because it can help many poor people to be successful and by that it can help the economy of our country.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:55:15 AM

A lot has been said about mining and about the electricity consumption of the activities related to bitcoin mining. However, I have thought of the alternatives and how other systems produce not just energy waste, but also plenty of useless work and "human waste".

To have a network that can ensure the completeness of transactions, the global accessibility and all the features that bitcoins, and many alts, have at the moment, would probable produce a huge carbon footprint. Just think of the VISA system or the banking system... the amount of people working on it, the waste of commuting to works, the infrastructure.

At least, bitcoin mining is not bad for the environment. The bad thing is, if we use electricity with non eco-friendly resources, then it will be bad for environment. Although bitcoin mining is consuming much power, it still below the usage of other companies such as mineral mining or oil mining.
bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:31:55 AM

Maybe yes bitcoin actually good for the environment like if we stop using paper bills lot of trees can be saved there is one point about how bitcoin can be good for the environment. Also the current banking system consumes too much electricity, I don't think that bitcoin transactions would take up that much of electricity so bitcoin can also reduce the amount of electricity used by the banking sector.
I think investing in bitcoin is not just with mining that requires a large amount of electricity, good intentions and good goals can make good results.
AAKODI

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:38:35 AM

I doubt if some one say that bitcoin is bad for the environment but if we really expect 100% sustainability and environmental friendliness from bitcoin we all should agree that the current way of mining bitcoin should be improve by considering more greener and sustainable paths because as the first digital currency world expect more effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability from bitcoin and it is easy to gain by making small changes

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
remuy24

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:04:58 AM

One reason why environmental crises occur, such as the exploitation of natural resources and excessive pollution, is due to the global economy, where there are only business people who do business without much accountability. When you buy something, you don't know where it came from, how it was made. There are many intermediaries, and it's easy to cheat. Cheating, in this case, means more than just companies that lie about where they throw their trash. And actors can be anyone, including the country, "but with the presence of bitcoin and blockchain technology can prevent that from happening. Cheesy

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████      FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
stormclouds

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:29:00 AM

I don't think bitcoin mining has that major impact to the environment, on the daily basis, electricity wastes are already present even before bitcoin has existed, therefore bitcoin is just an adding factor to problems present upon its usage, and merely not the cause of the problem itself.
melch100

Activity: 294

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:38:03 AM

I don't think bitcoin mining has that major impact to the environment, on the daily basis, electricity wastes are already present even before bitcoin has existed, therefore bitcoin is just an adding factor to problems present upon its usage, and merely not the cause of the problem itself.

Yeah right those problems existed for more decades now and it keeps getting worse now. I think bitcoin don't have any big changes impacted the environment this days.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
nellakarisma

Activity: 582
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:46:41 AM

if I think bitcoin is very good for the environment bro. even a lot of people who can change their economic life can be better because they invest in bitcoin bro. instead, bitcoin provides opportunities for the poor to become millionaires
Ronald Wilson

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:25:47 PM

If Bitcoin continues to grow, the demand for solar energy will increase as folks rush to find cheaper ways to generate power. Additionally, renewable energy sources occasionally produce a surplus of electricity. Burning some of the surplus electricity to mine Bitcoin would offset the cost of running renewable energy sources, making them even more efficient. So I think Bitcoin is good for the environment.
Jack Ment

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:32:24 PM

In order to make Bitcoin work, you need electricity, computers, and the internet. That’s it. Fiat currency requires resources to print the money, oversight in order to make sure it is being allocated correctly, fraud services, entire organizations devoted to preventing counterfeiting, money transport services, and more. Due to larger amount compared to Bitcoin, fiat money way waste electricity than Bitcoin, I think.
Jerry White

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:32:35 PM

Bitcoin’s infrastructure needs are orders of magnitude smaller than fiat currency, and that’s just focusing on the resources to create the fiat currency itself. Bitcoin allows users to replace major use-cases of banks with their phones. You do not need a trusted third party to store your wealth or to participate in the global economy when you use Bitcoin. The faster the world adopts Bitcoin, the quicker we can reduce the environmental footprint of all of that paper/metal currency!
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:33:51 PM

Indeed, mining is not the main cause nor the major contributor of environmental waste, but it is undeniable that it does leave a substantial amount of carbon footprint that adds up to the already damaged environment we live in.

You see, even producers of mining rigs know this for a fact. That is why we keep on seeing innovation left and right on how to better cool down the systems and make it more process efficient to increase power efficiency too. Big mining setup even produce noise pollution too and this is being address with new designs to lessen both power consumption and noise.

To have mining systems that would use lesser electricity is really a big of a deal as we know that as soon as global adoption starts, pool of miners will sprout all over the world making the damaging effects of mining rigs even more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: