Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:38:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit broke my life  (Read 1798 times)
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:08:33 AM
Merited by Oxyartes (1)

Hello everyone!

When only merit entered on the forum, I started testing - I sent various amounts to different people (I tested the functionality). The next day, comrade actmyname lowered me to the trust with the words:
"Gave max merit to a post that clearly did not deserve it.
Likely alt. ".
I maintain my account from 2015 persistently. My account is my work and life. I wrote actmyname, but he ignores me.
Can tell me how to proceed? Yes, I am guilty, but not so much :-(
I sended PM theymos too, but he is silent too.  Embarrassed
why this attitude towards people has become on the forum?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:24:41 AM

Hello everyone!

When only merit entered on the forum, I started testing - I sent various amounts to different people (I tested the functionality). The next day, comrade actmyname lowered me to the trust with the words:
Likely alt. ".
I maintain my account from 2015 persistently. My account is my work and life. I wrote actmyname, but he ignores me.
So, why do you 50 merits to your alt in the first place, if you trying to test the merit system, you shoul've sent only 1 merit but you don't you sent 50 merits to the poster that doesn't desreve 50 merits that's why you have been tagged. Anyways your trust will not likely to be removed (unless he changed his mind and change it neutral) so, get used to it.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 05:27:54 AM

Hello everyone!

Likely alt. ".

You gave 50 to a single post that didn't deserve more than 1.. what did you expect to happen?

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:36:47 AM

Hello everyone!

Likely alt. ".
So, why do you 50 merits to your alt in the first place, if you trying to test the merit system, you shoul've sent only 1 merit but you don't you sent 50 merits to the poster that doesn't desreve 50 merits that's why you have been tagged. Anyways your trust will not likely to be removed (unless he changed his mind and change it neutral) so, get used to it.
i try send maximum merits as i can.
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:38:15 AM

Hello everyone!

Likely alt. ".

You gave 50 to a single post that didn't deserve more than 1.. what did you expect to happen?

I did not know that such consequences are possible for this. So I had 1000 merits so I tested all the possibilities
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:40:36 AM

Trust is not moderate by admin so only actmyname able to remove it.

You say want to test the merit but why small rank account ?
I think the story will be different if you give 50 merit to satoshi account

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:48:02 AM

Trust is not moderate by admin so only actmyname able to remove it.

You say want to test the merit but why small rank account ?
I think the story will be different if you give 50 merit to satoshi account
i send to random user, i'm not choose somebody.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:49:30 AM

I started testing - I sent various amounts to different people (I tested the functionality).

Yeah you did, by giving 50 merits to an account and people will be really telling that is your alt since it is not deserving for any merits. If you want to test the system, why don't you ask first? And if you will be sending a 50 merit, why does it need to be that post??

I maintain my account from 2015 persistently. My account is my work and life.

Well you did maintain your account, but this also is your responsibility.

Yes, I am guilty, but not so much :-(

Not so much? I dont think so. Well, it is a lesson learned to other members. You just set an example to other people.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:56:02 AM

Hello everyone!

Likely alt. ".

I did not know that such consequences are possible for this. So I had 1000 merits so I tested all the possibilities
Come on you are not new to the forum. You are one of the senior most ranked people of the forum and no one expects such experiments from anyone of this rank. I guess we all know the consequences, when we behave abnormally for certain things. A newbie, junior member or a member if comments any irregular behavior can be ignored or warned but I am afraid if the senior category members get involved in improper activities, then the forum performance will definitely be affected. Merit is introduced to up bring the forum quality not to create a mess for anyone.    
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:59:04 AM

I already made a post on flaws of this system. I think your account might not have negative trust if we have put these checks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2854183.new#new

Be positive, Look forward and  continue your journey.

I am alive
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:24:23 AM

Hello everyone!

Likely alt. ".

Come on you are not new to the forum. You are one of the senior most ranked people of the forum and no one expects such experiments from anyone of this rank. I guess we all know the consequences, when we behave abnormally for certain things. A newbie, junior member or a member if comments any irregular behavior can be ignored or warned but I am afraid if the senior category members get involved in improper activities, then the forum performance will definitely be affected. Merit is introduced to up bring the forum quality not to create a mess for anyone.    
Look. I had 1000 merits, for me 30 do not mean anything. especially if it's bad to send so much much then why do I have restrictions only in 30 and not in 2 say.
you do not think that I sold these merits?
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:25:39 AM

I already made a post on flaws of this system. I think your account might not have negative trust if we have put these checks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2854183.new#new

Be positive, Look forward and  continue your journey.
it is unlikely that it will help me, but thanks for the post!
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:14:40 AM
Merited by Vod (3), Foxpup (2), actmyname (2), eternalgloom (2), Tyrantt (2), DU18 (1), magneto (1), TMAN (1), apoorvlathey (1), jtipt (1)

So, so, so...

First, you sent 50 (fifty) merits to Chetty for a post in a thread advertising a “90% AIRDROP”, a post which said only and exactly this:

Дa тoчнo, oн вчepa пиcaл чтo ocтaлocь 9% мoнeт y нeгo

Approximately:  “Yes, certainly, he said he sent 9% of the coins.”  Fifty merit points for that is not a “test”.  Either you are claiming to be such an imbecile as might make such a “test”, or you presume that we be such imbeciles as to believe such a transparent lie.  ...well, well, well.

Then after you got red-handed and your trust bled, you sent a message posthaste to someone whose profile page expressly states:

Quote from: actmyname
IF YOU HAVE RED TRUST: DO NOT MESSAGE ME IMMEDIATELY. WAIT AT LEAST 72 HOURS OR THE PM WILL BE IGNORED.

Oops!  actmyname kept his promise by ignoring you:

I wrote actmyname, but he ignores me.

As you conveniently forgot to mention, you also sent retaliatory negative trust against actmyname.  Of course, this will accomplish substantially nothing:  Nobody trusts you by default.  actmyname’s trust will not bleed like yours, except for people who explicitly add you to their own trust lists.  You even helpfully lied, and claimed that you risked 1.0 BTC in a matter whereby actmyname violated your trust (n.b. that actmyname properly claimed he risked 0.0 BTC as to you).

Though you have been on this forum since 2015, somehow, you are ignorant both of how trust works, and of the policy that theymos does not intervene in such trust disputes:

I sended PM theymos too, but he is silent too.  Embarrassed

And you have the nerve to ask:

Well, here’s a hint:  Maybe, just maybe, people on this forum have become a tad peeved and impatient with swindlers who use alts to pump scamcoin airdrops just like you did, prima facie, you sneaky bastard.  And either you are guilty of that, or you are guilty of criminal stupidity; there is no third option here.

Thus now, your life is “broke”.  Ruined!  Destroyed by the evil merit system, whose malevolent tyranny knows no bounds!

Therefore, I suggest that you get a life.

cmmhbct

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:40:40 AM

~

It is likely traded sMerits between those two, nothing more. That is why the system is partially unfair at the moment.

There are lots of traded/ exchanged sMerits between users (in or out of the forum). Those ones will be ranked up sooner than others, despite what others say. After that, what will happen with those ones? Keep spamming the forum with shitty-posts. I guess so.

For those who are trying to post high-quality threads, but their threads missed attention (we can not refuse that higher-level users won't read all the posts in the forum, then choose and give those deserved ones their sMerits. It's only happen by chances, they read by chances) will drop far behind.

I think positively about what merit system can bring to our forum. However, it should be corrected with new rules, new adjustments from Theymos.

~~~~~ Only time will answer the question how good the merit system is ~~~~~
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:33:27 AM

So, so, so...

First, you sent 50 (fifty) merits to Chetty for a post in a thread advertising a “90% AIRDROP”, a post which said only and exactly this:

Approximately:  “Yes, certainly, he said he sent 9% of the coins.”  Fifty merit points for that is not a “test”.  Either you are claiming to be such an imbecile as might make such a “test”, or you presume that we be such imbeciles as to believe such a transparent lie.  ...well, well, well.
For me merit - is just a wrapper. I had 1,000 of them so 50 coins of the picture would not change. Of course, if I had only 10 of them, I would not give them all 10, I would not send anything without having understood

Then after you got red-handed and your trust bled, you sent a message posthaste to someone whose profile page expressly states:

Quote from: actmyname
IF YOU HAVE RED TRUST: DO NOT MESSAGE ME IMMEDIATELY. WAIT AT LEAST 72 HOURS OR THE PM WILL BE IGNORED.

Oops!  actmyname kept his promise by ignoring you:

I wrote actmyname, but he ignores me.
it took more than 3 days

As you conveniently forgot to mention, you also sent retaliatory negative trust against actmyname.  Of course, this will accomplish substantially nothing:  Nobody trusts you by default.  actmyname’s trust will not bleed like yours, except for people who explicitly add you to their own trust lists.  You even helpfully lied, and claimed that you risked 1.0 BTC in a matter whereby actmyname violated your trust (n.b. that actmyname properly claimed he risked 0.0 BTC as to you).

I have the right to evaluate my work myself. having lowered to me trust the person has deprived me of work and which I was engaged in earnings for 3 years.

Though you have been on this forum since 2015, somehow, you are ignorant both of how trust works, and of the policy that theymos does not intervene in such trust disputes:

And you have the nerve to ask:

Well, here’s a hint:  Maybe, just maybe, people on this forum have become a tad peeved and impatient with swindlers who use alts to pump scamcoin airdrops just like you did, prima facie, you sneaky bastard.  And either you are guilty of that, or you are guilty of criminal stupidity; there is no third option here.

Thus now, your life is “broke”.  Ruined!  Destroyed by the evil merit system, whose malevolent tyranny knows no bounds!

Therefore, I suggest that you get a life.
why does everyone have this opinion - once on the forum for a long time, then I must know absolutely everything, while the novice should know nothing? You can spend your whole life in one section.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 10:38:49 AM

So, so, so...

Approximately:  “Yes, certainly, he said he sent 9% of the coins.”  Fifty merit points for that is not a “test”.  Either you are claiming to be such an imbecile as might make such a “test”, or you presume that we be such imbeciles as to believe such a transparent lie.  ...well, well, well.
For me merit - is just a wrapper. I had 1,000 of them so 50 coins of the picture would not change. Of course, if I had only 10 of them, I would not give them all 10, I would not send anything without having understood
You do not have 1000 sMerit. You have far less.

AFAIK all Legendary (non-source) members got 200 sMerit. 50 out of 200 would be 25% of your sMerit. That's a significant amount for a test.

soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:41:04 AM

So, so, so...

Approximately:  “Yes, certainly, he said he sent 9% of the coins.”  Fifty merit points for that is not a “test”.  Either you are claiming to be such an imbecile as might make such a “test”, or you presume that we be such imbeciles as to believe such a transparent lie.  ...well, well, well.
You do not have 1000 sMerit. You have far less.

AFAIK all Legendary (non-source) members got 200 sMerit. 50 out of 200 would be 25% of your sMerit. That's a significant amount for a test.
right now i have 1001 merit - look in my profile please.
about what sMerit you say?
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 10:48:37 AM

When you click that +Merit button you are giving Merit to other users but you do not detract from your own merit. There are two different forms of merit: static merit and sMerit, which is the sendable merit. When you are sending merit to another individual you subtract from your sMerit total (which is less than your actual merit). Then, an equal amount is added to the user's merit count and they are also given 50% of the sMerit that you sent.

You should read up on the merit system. That would be a better way of learning rather than to 'test' by sending to other users.

Also, even as a test, is 5% (what you assumed) really reasonable?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 10:49:49 AM

If your shitposting life has been ruined by receiving a negative rating on this forum, then you really need to leave.

Complaining about it in the wrong section will not help you.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:52:44 AM

When you click that +Merit button you are giving Merit to other users but you do not detract from your own merit. There are two different forms of merit: static merit and sMerit, which is the sendable merit. When you are sending merit to another individual you subtract from your sMerit total (which is less than your actual merit). Then, an equal amount is added to the user's merit count and they are also given 50% of the sMerit that you sent.

You should read up on the merit system. That would be a better way of learning rather than to 'test' by sending to other users.

Also, even as a test, is 5% (what you assumed) really reasonable?
I really did not read the rules completely, sorry. But seeing the amount of 1000 for me 50 is like a drop in the sea.
I promise that I will carefully manage to merit and only worthy posts. Well, forgive the fool :-(
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: