Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit broke my life  (Read 1798 times)
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:54:41 AM

If your shitposting life has been ruined by receiving a negative rating on this forum, then you really need to leave.

Complaining about it in the wrong section will not help you.
I have repeatedly helped users of this forum with their developments for free.
You have no right to say so!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 10:55:50 AM
Merited by nullius (1)

Of course I do, classic self-entitled shitposter.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:58:14 AM

it's up to you, not me.
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:01:05 AM
Merited by nullius (1)

So, so, so...

First, you sent 50 (fifty) merits to Chetty for a post in a thread advertising a “90% AIRDROP”, a post which said only and exactly this:

Дa тoчнo, oн вчepa пиcaл чтo ocтaлocь 9% мoнeт y нeгo

Approximately:  “Yes, certainly, he said he sent 9% of the coins.”  Fifty merit points for that is not a “test”.  Either you are claiming to be such an imbecile as might make such a “test”, or you presume that we be such imbeciles as to believe such a transparent lie.  ...well, well, well.

Yes, I am guilty, but not so much :-(

Then after you got red-handed and your trust bled, you sent a message posthaste to someone whose profile page expressly states:

Quote from: actmyname
IF YOU HAVE RED TRUST: DO NOT MESSAGE ME IMMEDIATELY. WAIT AT LEAST 72 HOURS OR THE PM WILL BE IGNORED.

Oops!  actmyname kept his promise by ignoring you:

I wrote actmyname, but he ignores me.

As you conveniently forgot to mention, you also sent retaliatory negative trust against actmyname.  Of course, this will accomplish substantially nothing:  Nobody trusts you by default.  actmyname’s trust will not bleed like yours, except for people who explicitly add you to their own trust lists.  You even helpfully lied, and claimed that you risked 1.0 BTC in a matter whereby actmyname violated your trust (n.b. that actmyname properly claimed he risked 0.0 BTC as to you).

Though you have been on this forum since 2015, somehow, you are ignorant both of how trust works, and of the policy that theymos does not intervene in such trust disputes:

I sended PM theymos too, but he is silent too.  Embarrassed

And you have the nerve to ask:

why this attitude towards people has become on the forum?

Well, here’s a hint:  Maybe, just maybe, people on this forum have become a tad peeved and impatient with swindlers who use alts to pump scamcoin airdrops just like you did, prima facie, you sneaky bastard.  And either you are guilty of that, or you are guilty of criminal stupidity; there is no third option here.

Thus now, your life is “broke”.  Ruined!  Destroyed by the evil merit system, whose malevolent tyranny knows no bounds!

Therefore, I suggest that you get a life.
Kudos to you sir!

OP you can ba a great example of people who achieved legendary because of time. You're the exact person low ranks are pissed with.

If that is your life and work, why would you do a thing that may potentially ruin it? Don't beg for mercy cause we all know, including you since you're legendary, that these things are prohibitted. Maybe they were not written in any post but i think you're also old enough to know what you did was unforgivable.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1582

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:01:22 AM

Hello everyone!

When only merit entered on the forum, I started testing - I sent various amounts to different people (I tested the functionality). The next day, c ;Domrade actmyname lowered me to the trust with the words:
"Gave max merit to a post that clearly did not deserve it.
Likely alt. ".
I maintain my account from 2015 persistently. My account is my work and life. I wrote actmyname, but he ignores me.
Can tell me how to proceed? Yes, I am guilty, but not so much :-(
I sended PM theymos too, but he is silent too.  Embarrassed

You gave 50 to a single post that didn't deserve more than 1.. what did you expect to happen?

Yes and no. I would definitely not give 50 to a single post unless Satoshi himself was giving me the keys for the forgotten accounts of the early Bitcoin (and I guess not even then, as merit cannot be sold).

But the fact is that the merit is highly subjective and there is no specific rule on how much to merit a post.

For me, it would be:

• No merit to "promo posts", off-topic or just making statement without support (i.e. "Buy XRP because Monday is going to pump").

• 1 merit for a post with relevant information or helping someone, well written, with sources if required.
  • 2 merits for posts that are "curated", that is edited with the comments and on topic (because it saves lots of time to readers to have all in one place).
  • 3 to 10 merit to extraordinary posts, that take knowledge and effort to write and address a problem that is widespread, helps many people and is appreciated in the community.
  • more than 10 merit based on the story of previous posts, that is, members that consistently post high-quality, non-commercially abusive content and generate interest in the forum.

But all this is highly subjective. For example this post would be between 0 to 1 merit for me, but hey feel free to merit me 50 if you want  Grin Grin Grin

soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:37:30 AM

So, so, so...

First, you sent 50 (fifty) merits to Chetty for a post in a thread advertising a “90% AIRDROP”, a post which said only and exactly this:

Approximately:  “Yes, certainly, he said he sent 9% of the coins.”  Fifty merit points for that is not a “test”.  Either you are claiming to be such an imbecile as might make such a “test”, or you presume that we be such imbeciles as to believe such a transparent lie.  ...well, well, well.

Then after you got red-handed and your trust bled, you sent a message posthaste to someone whose profile page expressly states:

IF YOU HAVE RED TRUST: DO NOT MESSAGE ME IMMEDIATELY. WAIT AT LEAST 72 HOURS OR THE PM WILL BE IGNORED.

As you conveniently forgot to mention, you also sent retaliatory negative trust against actmyname.  Of course, this will accomplish substantially nothing:  Nobody trusts you by default.  actmyname’s trust will not bleed like yours, except for people who explicitly add you to their own trust lists.  You even helpfully lied, and claimed that you risked 1.0 BTC in a matter whereby actmyname violated your trust (n.b. that actmyname properly claimed he risked 0.0 BTC as to you).

Though you have been on this forum since 2015, somehow, you are ignorant both of how trust works, and of the policy that theymos does not intervene in such trust disputes:

Well, here’s a hint:  Maybe, just maybe, people on this forum have become a tad peeved and impatient with swindlers who use alts to pump scamcoin airdrops just like you did, prima facie, you sneaky bastard.  And either you are guilty of that, or you are guilty of criminal stupidity; there is no third option here.

Thus now, your life is “broke”.  Ruined!  Destroyed by the evil merit system, whose malevolent tyranny knows no bounds!

Kudos to you sir!

OP you can ba a great example of people who achieved legendary because of time. You're the exact person low ranks are pissed with.

If that is your life and work, why would you do a thing that may potentially ruin it? Don't beg for mercy cause we all know, including you since you're legendary, that these things are prohibitted. Maybe they were not written in any post but i think you're also old enough to know what you did was unforgivable.
Hello!
since it was an innovation on the forum, I did not know all the rules.
Yes, now that I completely understood this system, I realized that I made a gross mistake.
about the examples for the rest - it will certainly be, but in my personal opinion this is a very tough punishment ..
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:51:51 AM
Merited by jtipt (1)

Oops!  actmyname kept his promise by ignoring you:

it took more than 3 days

LIAR.  The date stamp on actmyname’s negative trust feedback to you is 2018-01-25, as any reader may verify on your trust page.  This was as for 50 merit you sent Chetty (uid #1080650) 2018-01-25 14:00:16.  You left retaliatory negative trust for actmyname on 2018-01-26.  That is also on your trust page, and in the screenshot I posted earlier; have another look:

It is unfortunate that the trust datestamps lack greater precision (maybe via some API?).  The lower bound on how long you waited is 9 hours, 59 minutes, 44 seconds (2018-01-25 14:00:16 to 2018-01-26 00:00).  The upper bound is 35 hours, 59 minutes, 44 seconds.  Either way, you waited nowhere close to 72 hours, and certainly not “more than 3 days”, before leaving gross retaliatory feedback you had no right to leave anyway.

You even helpfully lied, and claimed that you risked 1.0 BTC in a matter whereby actmyname violated your trust (n.b. that actmyname properly claimed he risked 0.0 BTC as to you). [...]

I have the right to evaluate my work myself. having lowered to me trust the person has deprived me of work and which I was engaged in earnings for 3 years.

I have the right to evaluate my feelings myself.  Having offended me, you injured me by making me feel disgusted.  I evaluate that at 1000000 BTC cost.  I will now leave you negative trust based on that number.  Deal?

(Somebody does not understand the concept of an objective measure.)

I will not waste my time with the rest of your drivel in this or other posts to present.  You lie, and you get caught, and you keep lying.

+1.  If I had it to spare, that ought properly be +50.

Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:55:52 AM

So, so, so...

Kudos to you sir!

Hello!
since it was an innovation on the forum, I did not know all the rules.
Yes, now that I completely understood this system, I realized that I made a gross mistake.
about the examples for the rest - it will certainly be, but in my personal opinion this is a very tough punishment ..
You may not know the rules, but i assume you know what's right and wrong. Besides, you're a legendary, what do you normally do when something new appear? Have you not heard of researching? Although it's new, there are tons of posts about the merit system, it's even flooding the boards. There are even threads that gained attention showing people these abusers (people like you). Lot of people are complaining about these kind of things yet you shamelessly ignored it. Let this be a lesson to your kind.
Cryptoshops

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:59:31 AM

You do realise that people can ask for payments in order to send other users merits  ..I personlly think merits are a bad idea. I used it on one of my own forums a few years back and it caused nothign but problems I ended up disabling it in the end
Fondago

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:05:31 PM
Merited by celtic99 (1)

You know, I'm worried for those people who were left several days before the change of rank.
I know several people who have studied the world of crypto currency, started working on exchanges, traded and held, but at the same time created their accounts on the forum much later, and they write their posts much more interesting and useful than many "oldsports". At the same time, nobody will give their s-merit, no matter how beautifully you write. Many campaigns make stricter conditions where you need to have a rank on the forum, not lower than Full Member. A person who is not a newbie on theme of crypto currency and understands this well, puts his earned money into some currency, but already has no opportunity to participate in the bounty because hi have small rank on the forum. From the side, all this looks like real mercantilism and monopolism. Selected hidden favorites. What happens next? They'll "rock" multi-accounts and selling them for even bigger money.
As for me, the administration needs to revise the merit system. It is not entirely logical if it is done for the benefit of society, rather than a new monetization and source of income for "favorites". Undecided
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:09:48 PM

You do realise that people can ask for payments in order to send other users merits

That must be beyond faux pas:  It must result in an instant automatic permaban.

It can’t always be caught; but it should be made risky enough that no craven blackguard with a high-value account would find it economical.

Cryptoshops

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:21:33 PM

You do realise that people can ask for payments in order to send other users merits

It can’t always be caught; but it should be made risky enough that no craven blackguard with a high-value account would find it economical.

It will happen and a lot more than what you think  Merit system is bad for the forum and its somethign I would never ever use again
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:47:17 PM

It will happen and a lot more than what you think  Merit system is bad for the forum and its somethign I would never ever use again

I don’t know you; but a reasonable person might ask if your opinion of what is “bad for the forum” might be coloured by your being a Jr. Member with zero merit, as you are at present.

Edit—P.S., to be clear about my own biases or lack thereof, all my current merit was earned by me; none came from any prior status.  I ranked up to Member at the the activity rollover yesterday, 30 January.  This may be easily verified by anybody who examines my post history and calculates the activity periods.

soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:54:52 PM

It will happen and a lot more than what you think  Merit system is bad for the forum and its somethign I would never ever use again

I don’t know you; but a reasonable person might ask if your opinion of what is “bad for the forum” might be coloured by your being a Jr. Member with zero merit, as you are at present.

Edit—P.S., to be clear about my own biases or lack thereof, all my current merit was earned by me; none came from any prior status.  I ranked up to Member at the the activity rollover yesterday, 30 January.  This may be easily verified by anybody who examines my post history and calculates the activity periods.
how arrogant you are with all communicate. status allows?
as I wrote earlier - even a novice can know more than either of us
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:30:44 PM

I am amazed you people - a group of users decides the fate of people of a lower level. and all this is happening in the forum on the crypto currency. this is called dictatorship. Does not the crypto currency pursue the goal of decentralization? let the common people decide the fate of the guilty users
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:38:51 PM
Merited by soniclord (50)

I am amazed you people - a group of users decides the fate of people of a lower level.
*Lower level*? Maybe you meant lower intelligence.

and all this is happening in the forum on the crypto currency. this is called dictatorship.
No. It has nothing to do with dictatorship.

Does not the crypto currency pursue the goal of decentralization?
That has nothing to do with the forum.

let the common people decide the fate of the guilty users
Welcome to democracy.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:53:38 PM

I am amazed you people - a group of users decides the fate of people of a lower level.
*Lower level*? Maybe you meant lower intelligence.

and all this is happening in the forum on the crypto currency. this is called dictatorship.
No. It has nothing to do with dictatorship.

Does not the crypto currency pursue the goal of decentralization?
That has nothing to do with the forum.

let the common people decide the fate of the guilty users
Welcome to democracy.
your post is very important for me... or you bought merits from me...?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:55:31 PM

Is this an attempt at smearing my reputation? If so, you should know that I don't react kindly to those.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
soniclord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:58:15 PM

Is this an attempt at smearing my reputation? If so, you should know that I don't react kindly to those.
you do not react, but your superiors should do an investigation, is not it so? how do you differ from me?
Cryptoshops

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:02:54 PM

Edit—P.S., to be clear about my own biases or lack thereof, all my current merit was earned by me; none came from any prior status.  I ranked up to Member at the the activity rollover yesterday, 30 January.  This may be easily verified by anybody who examines my post history and calculates the activity periods.

I used to run forums although not for crypto and I can tell you a lot of the users post for their own interests not the forum interests. As you can see just from the posts allready users are getting stung by the merit system. At the end of the day its up to the owner/s of the forum how they run but from my experience merit causes nothing but problems on forums.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: